'Today'

Blame

 

 

Seungri didn't even know that he'd been taken back to his cell. One cold floor was swapped for another and his pain – from everything he had endured at the hands of Arashi and his partner from the onset of his captivity – was a constant companion.

But he never even felt the physical pain any more. The mental anguish was all consuming.

He lay on the floor of his cell – arms wrapped around his mid section and knees drawn upwards towards his stomach.

Words – condemning words – reverberated around his brain, but he was too far gone to realise that those words were only inside his head,

He lay in silence and in darkness but, still, Seungri couldn't find the peace he craved.

His eyes were open and he stared into black nothingness – but he didn't see the darkness. Instead, he was staring inwardly; remembering the picture of his mother. He had to concentrate to hold onto the image – to remember her laughing eyes and radiant smile. If he lost his focus, even for a second, the picture crumpled and distorted and became the obscene image he had last seen lying on the interrogation room floor.

Seungri frowned as he strove to keep his mental image intact. He wasn't even aware of the tears any more.

And, as much as he couldn't control his grief – he had no knowledge of his mouth silently mouthing the same words over and over:

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

 

 


 

 

Seunghyun wake up with a start – having very little memory of actually going to sleep. But he still didn't feel rested. Though he couldn't recall having dreamed, the rapid beating of his heart and his shortened breath were physical evidence that he'd been caught in the grip of a nightmare.

Absently, he reached up to rub one hand over his face. Then he withdrew that hand and stared at it, almost uncomprehendingly. His palm still sheened from the tears he had wiped away.

"Seungri. Where are you?"

Rubbing at his treacherous eyes again, Seunghyun went through his morning routine in a numb, detached state.

His younger brother had now been missing for almost one week and they still had no clue where to look for him. And as far as Arashi was concerned, those days has been enough to completely destroy a life.

Stepping out of the shower, Seunghyun look himself in the mirror. "Today." He promised while staring intently into the mirror. And his reflection transformed into his younger brother's face, as he spoke those words aloud. "Today."

And then the phone ring.

Seunghyun darted out into the hallway – still wearing only a towel. The phone stopped ringing, but Seunghyun snatched up the extension anyway. He was just in time to hear his dad's conversation with Police Chief Jin.

"We've got a lead."

 

 


 

 

Seungri slept – but, like his brother, he had no memory of going to sleep. He didn't even know he had closed his eyes. That action only resulted in one darkness being exchanged for another. But the deeper darkness resided in his soul – and it was that darkness that prompted the nightmares.

Unlike his older brother, he wasn't blessed with no memory of his dreams. Every moment was as stark and clear as a video playing in his head:

The impact was loud but, strangely, Seungri felt nothing. His seatbelt was snug across his chest and hips. The car flipped; spun violetly. Luckily his seatbelt held him firmly. It was like being on a not very scary rollercoaster.

But his mother was screaming next to him – and blood was beginning to stain the windows, the seats, the entire interior of the car…

And that was when he woke up. The lights were back on and there were muted background noises.

It wasn't a shout any more – it was a whisper. But the accusations were still the same:

Mother-killer.Mother-killer.

The insidious words crippled him as deeply as when they had been screamed at him. But now they were more than an accusation.

Now, to him, they were a fact.

Seungri had been made to believe what he had been told; was forced to accept it as the truth.

He had killed his mother.

Vaguely remembering the brief oblivion he had once found, Seungri slowly – almost subconsciously – lifted his head a couple of inches off the floor. Then he let it drop again. New pain didn't even register over the old. He repeated the action, letting his head bang onto the floor for a second time.

When he tried to do it a third time, he felt hands suddenly grab him.

"Not yet, killer." Arashi growled at him. "You wanna kill yourself, that's all well and good. But not before we get your confession."

 

 


 

 

Seunghyun dropped the phone – not caring if it was heard and gave away his eavesdropping. They were going to find his younger brother.

Excited and adrenaline pumped, he dashing back into his bedroom and dressed in record time. He thundered down the stairs – and then virtually collided with his father and Jae Suk.

They all get into the car and Seunghyun allowed himself an inward smile.

He couldn't wait to see him younger brother again.

 

good to see ya all XD..

don't forget to comment kay^^