Chapter Four

The Breaking of Desire

A/N: Wow, I'm fast~ hahaha.

BEFORE YOU READ!!!

would you mind to check my new chaptered fic? here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/319616/shanghai-i-m-in-love-drama-romance-exo-kray-taomin-xiutao-krislay

the first chapter will be posted after this fic is done which means it won't be long hohoho

thank you :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“What do you want?” Kris asked, annoyed.

“Is it a right thing to greet your brother?” Kai pouted and walked into Kris’ room shamelessly, “Oh, you don’t tell me that Yixing is here!”

“Hi, Kai.” Yixing waved to Kai.

“Have you been here whole the time?? Is it the reason I couldn’t find you yesterday?”

“Well, no…” Yixing nervously shook his head, “I was in the infirmary yesterday.”

“Ah, did you drop again?” Kai sighed with concern, “You have to be more careful, Yixing.”

“Thank you. And I will.”

“And you,” Kai pointed his finger to Kris accusingly, “what did you do to him? Why is he here? You didn’t do something bad, did you, ert??”

It was a first time Yixing saw Kris’ face became red.

Kris flicked Kai’s forehead hard and pushed him toward the door, “You’re only disturbance. Now, get out. Yixing needs to sleep.”

“Hey! Hey! Kris! Wa-” But the door had been closed in front of Kai’s face before he could finish his sentence.

Yixing chuckled to see Kris sigh in relief, “Don’t be too harsh.”

“He’s the one who made me to do so.” Kris answered.

“Hmm…Kris…” Yixing called his name, fidgeting the pale fingers, “What did you want to tell me before?”

Kris could feel his face became warm. But, the mood had been destroyed, thanks to Kai. So, he simply shook his head, “Not now. You have to rest more.”

Yixing could only sigh and he leaned back to the pillow.

 

 

Tao and Minseok were watching a reality show when Kai stepped in the room.

“Oh, hi, Kai.” Tao called him, “And what’s with the face?”

“Kris kicked me out of his room.” Kai pouted and slumped down beside Tao.

“It’s not the new thing to hear.” Tao shrugged, “He’s like that.”

“Oh, Minseok.” Kai clapped his hands, “I found Yixing! He’s in Kris’ room.”

“Ah…I’ve known it. I met Kris this morning.” Minseok responded.

Kai sighed sadly, “Am I always the one who know something lately?”

“Well, thanks for telling me, Kai.” Minseok chuckled guiltily, “Really.”

Kai sighed again, “Poor me…”

“Have you found that writer?” Tao asked.

“D.O? No, I haven’t…where can I find him? I don’t know anything about him…”

“Who?” Minseok asked.

“D.O.” Tao answered it for him, “Kai is being sent letters from unknown guy lately.”

“And D.O?” Minseok asked again.

“It’s what always written. It’s kind of initial maybe.”

“Wait, I’ve ever seen this name before…”

Kai turned his face quickly to Minseok, “What?! Do you know this D.O?”

“Hmm, I don’t know him.” Minseok shrugged, “Where I’ve seen it…”

“Remember it! Please!”

“Shut up, Kai.” Tao pushed Kai’s face, “Let him think.”

“I saw it…” Minseok frowned, “…in the library, if I’m not wrong.”

“Huh?”

Minseok nodded, “I saw it in library. It’s one of the borrowers.”

“Thank you!” Kai shouted before dashing out the room.

“Are you sure?” Tao asked the chubby guy.

Minseok nodded, “He’s one of students.”

 

 

Kai arrived in front of the library, panting. He pushed the door open and approached one of the computers. He clicked the borrowers tag and typed D.O in the search box.

There are two D.Os appeared. One was senior who had been graduated and the one was the familiar one.

“Do Kyungsoo…?”

 

 

“Hi.” Kai approached Kyungsoo who was sitting beside the pond as usual.

Kyungsoo looked surprised, hiding something inside his book, “Oh, ah, hi, Kai.”

“What are you doing?” Kai asked, pretending he didn’t look the letter Kyungsoo was writing before.

“Hmm, nothing.”

Kai nodded and sat beside Kyungsoo, “You know what, I think I’ve known the writer of those letters.”

Kai could felt that the boy beside him was tensed hearing that.

“What…?” Kyungsoo asked, “Who-who is it, then?”

“Hmm…” Kai tapped his chin, “He’s wearing glasses, a fidgety boy. He’s always number one in rank, always wins against the almighty president of student council, Kris. He has a beautiful voice, I notice that. He’s always sitting on the bench beside this pond and now he’s sitting beside me.”

Kyungsoo gulped hard. His hands were shaking. The cold sweat started forming on his face.

“It’s you, isn’t it?” Kai turned his face to Kyungsoo, wearing his rare serious expression.

“I…I…”

“I’m going to push you into the pond if you deny it.” Kai threatened.

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip and looked at his lap in fear, “I’m sorry.”

“Why, Kyungsoo?” Kai frowned, ‘sorry’ wasn’t the thing he wanted to hear.

“I like you, okay?!” Kyungsoo burst, “I…I…you would never know me exist if I didn’t do that! I just…want you…to know…my feeling…”

Kai saw the tears slowly falling down Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

“But, I think I made a wrong way…” Kyungsoo whispered, before running away, leaving his bag on the bench.

“Kyungsoo!” Kai managed to call him. He quickly grabbed Kyungsoo’s bag and chased the running boy.

Kyungsoo wasn’t a fast runner. That was why Kai was easily chasing him. Once he noticed the boy in the hall way, he sped up his feet and grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm, pulling the boy with him.

“Kai!”

“Shut up!” Kai hissed.

He dragged Kyungsoo toward his room and pushed the boy inside before locking the door.

“What…what do you want…?” Kyungsoo asked tremblingly.

“Now,” Kai panted, putting Kyungsoo’s bag on the table, “You have to tell me everything! Why did you run away, huh?”

“I thought…” Kyungsoo looked down, “I thought you would hate me.”

Kai approached the crying boy and lifted his chin with his index finger, “Look at me. I will hate you if you don’t tell me everything.”

“I…” Kyungsoo breathed, “I will tell you…just please don’t hate me…”

Kai smiled warmly before pushing Kyungsoo toward the bed. He sat the crying boy on the edge of his bed and sighed, “You can start.”

“I like you…since you were transferred into this school.” Kyungsoo started, “But, you seem always under the spotlight. I couldn’t reach you. I’m sure you didn’t know I exist before, right?”

“I know.” Kai frowned, “You’re always on top in the rank.”

“But, you didn’t know me. You only know my name.” Kyungsoo dared him. And Kai had to admit Kyungsoo was right.

“It was like we were in different worlds.” Kyungsoo continued, “You were in yours and I was in mine. We are really different.”

“But, we’re in the same school.” Kai frowned.

“You’re always surrounded by people, Kai. How do you think I could get in between them?”

Kai sighed, “What you have to do is asking me…”

“And getting those eyes stabbing my skull? I don’t think so.”

Kai never knew that he was like that in Kyungsoo’s eyes. For him, everyone around him was his friend, including Kyungsoo.

Kai would be lying if he said he didn’t have interest in Kyungsoo. But, he didn’t know how to face the situation. He was different than Kyungsoo. He was a vampire while Kyungsoo was a human. How should he face the fact?

“I…” Kai whispered, “You’re right…we’re different…”

“Like what I said.” Kyungsoo painfully admitted, “I will stay away from you if you want me to.”

“No.” Kai grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand, “It’s not what I mean, Kyungsoo…”

“What?” Kyungsoo rubbed his nose bridge, “You told me yourself. We’re different. We can be seen together. Your fans will run away if they see me with you.”

“It’s not what I mean!” Kai snapped, “It’s not like that! You’re a human!”

Kyungsoo frowned at that, “What do you mean?”

Kai sighed, “Will you still like me even if I say I’m not a human?”

“It’s not the right time for a joke!”

“I’m not joking, Kyungsoo!” Kai pulled his hair desperately, “I’m not a human…”

“What the hell are you talking about…?”

“I’m a vampire, okay?” Kai admitted, “I people’s blood. I bite them to death and throw their bodies from the cliff. Is it clear for you?”

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip. He couldn’t accept the fact. He was too far for thinking about that.

“Are you serious?” Kyungsoo whispered.

“Do I have to proof it to you?” Kai asked back, “Wait here. I’ll show you something.”

Kai got up from the bed and took a knife from the counter, then he sliced his wrist with it.

“What have you done?!” Kyungsoo got up and held Kai’s hand. But, he was more shocked as the wound was closing slowly, leaving just a trail of Kai’s blood.

“See?” Kai held Kyungsoo’s hand with his free one, “I can not die.”

Kyungsoo looked up to see Kai’s dark orbs nervously. He bit his lower lip, arguing inside his head whether it was real or not.

“And you will hate me because of this…” Kai said between his clenched teeth, “I know you do…”

“You’re a vampire, not a mind reader.” Kyungsoo weakly answered, “You don’t know what I’m thinking.”

Kai widened his eyes, “I might bite you, you know??”

“I don’t care.” Kyungsoo whispered, “Bite me to death or throw me from the cliff…I will still like you…”

Kai couldn’t hold it anymore. He slammed Kyungsoo on the wall beside him before kissing him passionately.

“You’ll regret this, Do Kyungsoo…” Kai growled lowly, eyes glowing red.

“I won’t. I will never do.” Kyungsoo had managed to answer before he was kissed by Kai again.

Kai threw the human on his bed and straddled the slim waist between his legs, “I can’t hold it anymore, Kyungsoo. If you’re not sure, you better run away as quick as you can now!”

“I won’t run. Do it…” Kyungsoo shook his head, lust hanging on those innocent eyes.

“ it…” Kai hissed and captured Kyungsoo’s lips once again.

Kai’s hand started wandering on Kyungsoo’s smooth back, slipping under the crumpled shirt. Kyungsoo moaned when Kai’s cold hand met his hot skin. Hearing his name being moaned, Kai nearly ripped Kyungsoo’s shirt and threw it away, leaving the human topless.

“You have a nice blood smell, don’t you know that?” Kai breathed against Kyungsoo’s neck.

“I didn’t know, but I know it now.” Kyungsoo answered, “Won’t you taste?”

“I will.” Kai growled, “After this.”

Kai threw his own shirt before marking Kyungsoo’s neck with the mark bites, didn’t miss a spot to be left.

A minute later, all clothes had been discarded carelessly on the floor. Kyungsoo was panting hard when Kai decided to go south. A moan escaped Kyungsoo’s lip when Kai’s fangs were felt on his hipbone but Kai didn’t dig them in, it was just a slight touching.

“Moan more…” Kai whispered, “I love you voice.”

“Kai!” Kyungsoo yelped when he felt Kai nibbling his thigh.

“Yes, just ing like that.”

“Just…just take me already!” Kyungsoo cried.

“As you wish.” Kai answered shortly before going further.

 

 

“You haven’t bitten me yet…” Kyungsoo whispered after their hot session.

“Hm…” Kai nodded, hugging his new lover tighter, “I don’t want to…”

“Why?’ Kyungsoo frowned, “Didn’t I tell you to do it?”

“No.” Kai sighed, “I’m not ready to do that. I don’t want you to be like us.”

“Us?” Kyungsoo pulled away slightly to brush his lips against Kai’s, “So, Tao and Kris too?”

Kai nodded.

“Aren’t you scared that I might tell someone?” Kyungsoo asked again.

“You won’t.” Kai breathed, snuggling against Kyungsoo’s neck, “No one will believe you anyway.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, “You’re right.”

“Kyungsoo?” Kai called the boy after a while.

“Hmm?”

“Can I taste your blood?”

“Didn’t I tell you…”

“No,” Kai cut him, “I won’t take it directly from you neck because it will turn you into vampire because my fangs contain the poison or I might kill you by your blood until the last drop. So, no, I won’t bite you. I just need a small cut so I can your blood from it.”

“I don’t mind.” Kyungsoo smiled. He put his finger between his teeth and bit it hard until it was bleeding.

“Ouch…” Kai flinched, “It must be hurt…”

“Not that bad.” Kyungsoo chuckled, sticking his finger on Kai’s lips, “ it.”

Kai didn’t have to be told twice. He wrapped his lips around Kyungsoo’s finger and it until the blood wasn’t flowing out anymore.

“Like what I thought,” Kai his lips, “You taste delicious.”

“I don’t know because I haven’t tasted myself.” Kyungsoo chuckled, the last drop on his finger, “Yuck…it tastes just like…well, it’s blood.”

Kai chuckled seeing his boyfriend made a cute face of disgust, “You taste delicious for me.”

“Whatever.” Kyungsoo smiled, “As long as you’re happy.”

“With you, I’m happy.” Kai sighed, “Now, why don’t you sleep? I bet I’ve drained all your energy, hmm?”

Kyungsoo blushed and hid his face under Kai arm, “Shut up!”

Kai couldn’t be happier because of that.

 

 

“You what…?” Kris asked his friend disbelievingly, “You told him??”

“Sorry, Kris…” Kai sighed, “But, I love him, okay?”

“Congrats, Bro.” Tao patted Kai’s shoulder with a smile.

“But, you didn’t turn him into vampire?” Kris asked again, rubbing his temple.

“No…” Kai shook his head, “I don’t think he’s ready for that even he told me he was.”

“You made a right decision.” Kris sighed, “A young vampire’s appetite will be hard to handle.”

“I know I’m wrong for being in love with Kyungsoo.” Kai dropped his head down, “But, I prefer to choose him than the organization.”

“Love is blind.” Tao nodded, a flash of Minseok’s smile passed his mind.

“The eclipse is coming in less than two months.” Kris announced, “We have to leave after biting all people here. That our plan before. But, I don’t think this time it will be like that.”

“Kris.” Kai called the older, “I don’t mind to run away. You can tell the organization that I betray them. Let them chase me.”

“No, I won’t do that.”

“But, I might trouble you.” Kai frowned, “I don’t want you to get involved in this.”

“Aren’t we brothers?” Kris smiled, “Brother will help his brothers, won’t he?”

Kai stood up and hugged his best friend, “Thank you, Kris.”

“You’re welcome.” Kris nodded, “I have to do something too. Because, I’m in love with this human boy and I can’t leave him here.”

“Yixing?” Tao asked with a mischievous smile.

“Who else can it be?” Kris asked back with a shrug.

“I know it!” Kai punched Kris’ arm, “That’s what you had to do since long time ago, you know, Kris?”

Kris’ smile fell down into a serious expression, “I have to protect him. I don’t want the organization kill him. He’s mine.”

“Have you told him about what kind we are and about your feeling?” Tao asked.

Kris slumped down beside him and covered his eyes with his lower arm, “I haven’t told him anything, neither my feeling nor what kind I am…”

“When will you tell him then?” Kai’s voice asked him.

“I’m afraid, Guys…” Kris removed his arm and stared at the ceiling, “I’m afraid he will make a far distance. I’m afraid he will reject me. I’m afraid to know his response.”

“That’s what I felt when I was telling Kyungsoo.” Kai answered, “It’s a bet, Kris. Telling him about you or let him know it by himself. The second choice will be bad.”

“I’ll think about it…” Kris sighed.

“Don’t take a long time.” Kai suggested, “Or he will know it by himself.”

Kai was referring to Kris, but Tao had to think it too.

 

 

“Oh, hi.” Minseok greeted Tao, “Come in.”

“Where are your roommates?” Tao looked around Minseok’s room.

“Sehun and Luhan? I don’t know. Making out somewhere maybe.” Minseok shrugged, putting the Chinese book on the table, “Let’s start!”

After giving Minseok some lesson and structural sentences, Tao let the chubby boy finish the assignment from class by himself.

It was a silence. Tao was staring at Minseok, who was frowning due the questions, while his head was having so many questions.

Do I have to tell him now? What should I say? Will he hate me? Do I have to kill him if he tries to tell people? What if I say I love him? What if he rejects me? Will he trust me as a vampire? Will he believe me or will he think I’m crazy? WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

“Tao!”

“Huh…?”

“God…” Minseok huffed, “I’ve called you for five times, you know? What were you thinking?”

“Oh, nothing.” Tao managed to smile, “How was the assignment?”

“I’m stuck!” Minseok whined, banging his head on the table, “Number 5, 6 and 10 are difficult!”

“Let me check it.” Tao chuckled, pulling the paper from under Minseok’s head, “Hmm, you’ve done a good job. Let me do the last three number, okay?”

“So, I can rest??” Minseok looked up hopefully with glistening eyes.

“Well, yeah.”

“Yay! I love you!” Minseok playfully hopped up and down before jumping on his bed. Even it was a joke, it made Tao’s face red.

“Minseok…” Tao called the chubby boy after finishing the assignment, “Can I ask you something?”

“Isn’t it a question itself?” Minseok chuckled, but stopped after seeing Tao’s anxious face, “Well, you don’t have to ask, Tao. What’s it?”

“Do you…believe in vampires?” Tao asked hesitantly.

“What is that?” Minseok frowned, “Why are you suddenly asking this?”

“I don’t know, just want to know.” Tao stated.

“Hmm…” Minseok tapped his chin, “Well, let’s say I believe they exist, but I don’t know if it’s true or a hoax. Well, I don’t know it either.”

“So, you believe?”

“Hmm, if only I can see one.” Minseok answered and then he chuckled, “What? Are you one of them?”

Tao could feel his body tensed. Minseok’s smile fell down to see Tao’s troubled expression.

“Tao…?” Minseok asked, getting up from his bed, “Tao…are you okay?”

“What if I say yes…?” Tao whispered weakly.

Minseok stoned before chuckling nervously, “Your acting really mesmerized me, you know?”

“I’m not acting, Minseok.” Tao looked up to see Minseok’s face, “What if I’m a real one…?”

“I…” Minseok clenched his fist to hold his heart, “I don’t know…you said what if…I can’t imagine…”

“I am the real one.”

“It’s not funny, Tao.”

“I’m not joking!” Tao pulled his hair in frustration, “I’m telling the truth, Minseok…”

“But…how could…how come…” Minseok panted, “I need a proof…”

“Do I have to bite someone in front of you? Do I have to someone’s blood here?”

Minseok ran toward the counter and took a knife. He sliced his finger with it and pointed his finger at Tao’s direction, “ it…”

Tao could feel his pupils change into red. The smell of Minseok’s blood had never been this strong. Tao approached the scared boy slowly.

“You…your eyes…” Minseok tremblingly stated.

“I told you…” Tao whispered before held Minseok’s wrist and the finger, “Damn…like what I’ve imagined for a long time, you’re sweet…”

“Tao…”

Tao wrapped his lips around Minseok’s finger and the flowing blood clean.

“Do you believe me now…?” Tao wiped the corner of his mouth with his thumb. His eyes were slowly changing dark again.

“I don’t know…” Minseok breathed.

“Hate me all you want…” Tao caressed Minseok’s cheek, “But, don’t tell anybody…or I have to kill you…”

Minseok was left shocked by Tao. Slowly, he slumped on the floor, observing the closed cut on his finger.

“Is it real…?”

 

 

“I was rejected…” Tao told Kai.

“Did he tell you that he hates you?” Kyungsoo, who was sitting beside Kai, asked.

“No…” Tao shook his head, “But with the fear on his face, I think I was rejected.”

Kai frowned, “He just needs some time to think. I don’t think he rejected you.”

“I’m afraid, Kai…” Tao palmed his face, “What if he hates me…? What if he tries to tell someone? If that happens, I’m supposed to kill him, right? Even the imagination of biting him is bad enough for me…Killing him? I don’t think I can…”

“I’m sure he won’t tell anybody nor reject you.” Kai said, “Just wait until he clears his mind. He’s still shocked with the fact.”

“Were you shocked with the fact when Kai told you?” Tao asked Kai’s lover.

Kyungsoo smiled, “I was. But, everybody has different mental, Tao. Maybe Minseok has to think and accept it later.”

“I hope you’re right…”

 

 

Kris was alone in the student council room, working on papers in front of him, when he heard a row of knocks from the door.

“Come in.” Kris said.

He didn’t expect he would see Minseok stepping into the room with pale face.

“I’m sure you know that Yixing is still not allowed to work here.” Kris frowned.

“I’m not looking for him…”

“Oh, it’s Tao, right?” Kris nodded, “He’s not here. Why don’t you check in his room?”

“I’m looking for you.” Minseok made his way to sit on the sofa in front of Kris’ table.

“Me?” Kris frowned. He stood up from his chair and sat in front of Minseok, “Why are you looking for me?”

“I want to ask a question.” Minseok looked at the blonde boy in front of him and continued when he got a nod, “Are you real…?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Tao…” Minseok gulped, “He told me that he’s a…vampire. Are you too? Kai? Who else? Is it real?”

“Ah…” Kris seemed understand what that conversation leading to, “I see. So, Tao has told you?”

“You and Kai too, right?”

Kris nodded.

“Why didn’t I hear news about students died with no blood or something?”

“Because we don’t bite carelessly like that.” Kris explained, “We just need blood when it’s near with the eclipse.”

“Eclipse?”

Kris nodded, “Well, Tao did bite carelessly before. But, it was because of you.”

“Why me???” Minseok seemed shocked, “Who did he bite??”

“I don’t know who he bit. But, he said he couldn’t hold his hunger when he smelled your blood. I guess he like yours.”

“He said…” Minseok continued, “my blood is sweet…”

“That’s why he forces himself not to get near you if you’re blushing or angry. Because of that he can smell your blood. He doesn’t want to attack you.”

“So, this is real?”

“Do you hate Tao now?”

“What?!” Minseok shook his head, “Of course not!”

“Tao has a sensitive feeling.” Kris sighed, “A single fear from you can be a rejection for him. I bet he left you when he didn’t get your answer.”

“I was too shocked.”

Kris nodded, “I can understand. Why don’t you go after him now? I think he’s in his room.”

“Yixing? Does he know? Where’s he?”

Kris froze to hear that, “No…he doesn’t know. Please don’t tell him that yet…I want to tell him by myself. And…he’s in my room, still resting.”

“Okay…” Minseok nodded before going out from the room.

“Damn…” Kris sighed after Minseok had left, “How can I tell Yixing…?”

 

 

Minseok ran toward Tao’s room and knocked the door nervously.

“Oh…” It was Kai who greeted him, “Minseok?”

“Tao?” Minseok asked hurriedly stepped in to look for Tao.

The said boy was sitting on the sofa with a boy he knew as Do Kyungsoo in front of him. Seeing Minseok, Tao got up in surprise.

“Minseok…?”

“I have to talk to you…” Minseok looked around and grabbed Tao’s wrist, “alone.”

The shorted boy dragged Tao into his room and locked the door.

“What is it…?” Tao asked, almost nervous.

“Did you think I hate you?”

Tao bit his lower lip, “Yeah…”

“Why?”

Tao was taken aback by the question, “Why? Because you looked at me in fear, Minseok, that’s why I thought you hate me…”

“I don’t hate you.” Minseok whispered, “You’re the only person I’m close to beside Yixing. How could I hate you…?”

“Really?”

“I’m telling the truth.” Minseok approached the taller boy slowly. Then, he held Tao’s hand, linking their fingers together, “Don’t you realize that I only smile, laugh, be myself, when I’m with you? Don’t you realize my feeling…?”

“Fee…feeling…?” Tao could hear his own heart beat now.

“I love you, Huang Zi Tao…” Minseok looked up to see Tao’s face, “I really love you…”

“How…Why…When…” Tao stuttered.

Minseok chuckled at that, “How? Because I can. Why? Because you’ve got my attention since the first time you were transferred here. When? Since I knew you more than a Chinese tutor of mine. Is it clear?”

“Minseok…” Tao felt his heart warmer to hear Minseok’s confession. He raised his free hand and caressed Minseok’s cheek gently. Minseok leaned more on Tao’s hand, “I can’t believe this…”

“Is it the first thing you think after my confession?” Minseok pouted.

“No!” Tao hurriedly grabbed both of Minseok’s hands, “I mean…I thought you would hate me! I was so scared to death that I pulled my hair in frustration! I told Kai he told me that I had to wait for you! I-”

Tao’s words were cut by Minseok’s lips on his. It was just a simple kiss, brushing of their lips.

Minseok pulled away slightly, but their noses were still touching.

“I love you, Huang Zi Tao…” He whispered.

Tao was overwhelmed by the overload joy.

“I love you too. I love you so much. I really love you, Kim Minseok…I love you, I love you, I love you!” He breathed out.

“Shut up! I’ve known it!” Minseok chuckled, “Why don’t you give your new lover one, or two, or maybe countless kisses until the morning?”

Tao couldn’t be happier to obey the boy in his arms.

My new lover, Tao thought, I love how it sounds…