Chapter Three

The Breaking of Desire

 

It’s me again. I hope you’re not annoyed by my first letter. So, I saw your group winning the game in PE class last week.

Congrats! And besides loving to see you dancing, I think I love to see your winning smile too. It’s so carefree and cheerful. Haha, what did I write?? Am I too cheesy?

And after this second letter, I wonder if you want to give me a reply. You can reply me by putting your reply on the bench beside your locker since I don’t know your code. I usually put my letter by slipping it through the slit. Well, if it’s not just me hoping.

See you again,

D.O

 

Kai flipped the letter but there was nothing more than the writing. Sighing, he put the letter in his bag pack. Since, he had finished the PE class, he left his locker locked and called his friend.

“Hey, Tao. I’m kind of hungry. Let’s get something to eat.”

But, the called boy was busy staring something beside him, Minseok of course. What did you expect?

“Hey, Panda!” Kai kicked Tao’s until he hit the locker with a loud smashing sound, “Oops…”

“Ba…bastard!” Tao rubbed his hurt chin, “It hurts! You could have patted me on shoulder or something but kicked me like that!”

Yixing laughed hard until he fell down on the bench. Tao looked up to see Minseok and sighed contently to see Minseok hiding his smile behind his hand.

“You like to see me hurt, don’t you?” Tao playfully pouted to the chubby boy.

“I’m sorry.” Minseok replied.

“Wowowowow!” Kai raised his hands high, “Wait a minute! Tao, what’s with that aegyo?! Minseok, are you smiling?! Are you?? Are you?! To Tao?!”

Minseok blinked in surprise, “A-am I doing wrong…?”

“Wow!” Kai moved closer to Minseok’s face. The chubby boy stepped back in shock, “Just…wow!”

“Stop it right there!” Tao shouted, pushing Kai’s face away forcefully, “What do you think you’re doing?! Minseok’s scared of you!”

“Ouch! That hurts, Panda!” Kai rubbed his nose, “Really, what did I miss? You seem pretty close now. And I really can’t believe I heard you talking and saw you smiling, Minseok!”

Tao smacked Kai’s head hard, “He’s a human! It’s natural, Stupid!”

“But, it’s rare!”

“For you information,” Yixing interrupted, “the person you’re talking about is still here, you know?”

“Get out!” Tao kicked Kai out of the locker room and turned his face to Minseok who was still leaning on the locker in shocked state, “Sorry if Kai scared you, Minseok. I promise to keep him away from you.”

“Ah…” Minseok softly spoke, “It’s okay…it’s not like I was scared. I was shocked by his respond, just it. Am I wrong by smiling?”

Tao gave Minseok a big grin and patted the chubby boy’s head, “No, exactly. Like what I told you, you look better smiling. I was right, wasn’t I?”

Then, Tao rushed himself out of the locker room before he could smell Minseok’s blood because he knew the chubby boy would be blushing after that.

Yixing’s face fell down after his friends had left the locker room. Minseok, as Yixing’s best friend, had noticed Yixing’s paler face since outside the locker room.

“I know something’s wrong.” Minseok whispered, “What’s wrong, Yixing?”

“I forgot to eat my medicines this morning.” Yixing sighed heavily.

“How could you not telling me this??” Minseok replied, “You shouldn’t have done anything today!”

“I have to help Kris.” Yixing slowly got up and changed his uniform.

“Is the student council more important than yourself?” Minseok shook his head disapprovingly.

“Minseok.” Yixing forced a smile, “I’m okay. I’ll stay in my room after helping Kris, okay?”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“I’ll walk you until the student council room.” Minseok decided.

 

 

Kris was sitting at his chair as usual when Yixing suddenly came in. Tiredness was clearly seen on his face. Yixing’s face was paler than usual and it made Kris worry.

“Hey, Kris.” Yixing gave him a fake smile.

“Are you sick?”

Yixing shook his head, “I’m good!”

Lie!, Kris screamed inside his head.

“Just sit.” Kris commanded, “I’ll take the files by myself.”

“Ah…wait.”

Kris was about to open the door when he heard a soft thud behind him. And a sight of Yixing fell unconsciously on the student council room’s carpet was the last thing he wanted to see.

“Yixing!” Kris shouted his name, but the called boy didn’t move even an inch.

Kris rushed himself to hold Yixing’s body and patted the pale cheek softly, “Yixing! Wake up! Damn it!”

Getting nothing as an answer, Kris pulled himself up with Yixing in his arms, carefully carrying him in bridal style.

“Yixing…” Kris called Yixing’s name non-stop.

Deciding to bring him into the infirmary room, Kris turned left and kicked the door with his foot.

“Oh, God, what’s wrong??” The doctor rushed herself to help Kris.

“I don’t know…” Kris helplessly replied, “He just…fell down…”

“Isn’t he Zhang Yixing??” The doctor asked the tall boy.

“Ye…yes…”

“Oh, my God!” The doctor hurriedly took his phone and hit a number.

The thing Kris knew later, other doctors came few minutes later and rushed him out of the room.

“This room has to be sterile! I’m sorry but you have to go.” The doctor pushed him and closed the door right before his nose.

Kris’ breath became heavy. Half-heartedly he walked back to the student council room.

               

 

“And then, that Minseok boy smiled!” Kai told the story in front of Kris, exaggerating his hands gesture, “Can you believe it, Kris?! Minseok and smile seemed so far back then! But, see what this Tao boy did to him!”

“Oh, shut the up, Kai! You’re exaggerating!” Tao pushed Kai’s face before palming his red face.

BANG!

The sound of the table was hit made both Tao and Kai jump on their spot.

“Don’t you remember what the purpose we’re being here now?” Kris clenched his fist and set his eyes sharply to Tao and Kai.

“K-Kris…”

“Don’t. You. Remember?!” Kris increased his tone in every word, “The eclipse is coming in two months!”

“Relax, Kris…we’ve prepared everything…” Kai sighed, “Why are you so frustrated?”

Kris blinked in shock for his sudden ourburst, before leaning back to his chair.

“I’m sorry, Guys…” He whispered, “I shouldn’t have let it out to you…”

“What’s it, Kris?” Tao frowned, “You know you can share it with us, right?”

“Can you…” Kris mumbled, “Can you just leave me alone? I need some time…”

Kai got up, “Really, what’s this about, Kris??”

“We got it. Come on, Kai.” Tao held Kai’s shoulder and dragged his friend toward the door.

                A few minutes later, after the door had been closed, Kris decided to visit Yixing in infirmary. His heart just couldn’t stop worrying the younger boy.

“I hope he’s okay…”

 

 

“Why did you stop me?” Kai frowned when they were walking toward their room, “We have to know. Aren’t we brothers?”

“Just give him some time alone, Kai.” Tao shrugged, “He will tell us for sure. But, maybe this is not the right time.”

“Well, if you said so.” Kai sighed.

When they was about to open their door, Minseok appeared from the turn, running hurriedly.

“Hey, hey!” Tao stopped the chubby boy because he felt something happened, “What’s wrong? You look bad.”

Tao could tell that Minseok had almost burst into tears if he wasn’t holding it.

“Yixing…” Minseok choked, “He…”

Tao frowned hearing the unfinished words from Minseok.

“Kai, can you get back first? I’ll go with him, okay?”

Kai nodded after hearing Tao’s statement, “Ah, okay.”

Tao dragged Minseok hurriedly far from his room door and asked the shorter boy who now was crying, “Minseok, really, you make me worry. What’s wrong with Yixing? Where’s he?”

“He’s in infirmary. He forgot to take his medicine this morning…” Minseok said before covering his face. His shoulder was trembling violently.

“Hey, Minseok.” Tao tried to stop the cry, “Stop crying, okay?

“I shouldn’t have left him!” Minseok suddenly exploded, “I should have pushed him into his room so he could get rest! I knew he was in bad condition! Why didn’t I stop him?!”

“Minseok…” Tao was left speechless after hearing the sudden outburst from a usually calm boy.

“What kind of friend am I…?” Minseok finished his words with harder crying.

In that time, Tao couldn’t think anything other than hugging Minseok.

“Ssh, stop crying, Minseok.” He whispered, making a circle pattern on Minseok’s trembling back to comfort him, “I’m sure Yixing wouldn’t agree with you if he heard you. Now, what about checking him first so you can know how he is now?”

Tao could feel Minseok was nodding against his shoulder. Slowly, he broke their body apart and held Minseok’s hand, “Let’s go.”

 

 

Tao and Minseok didn’t expect to see Kris in the infirmary, beside Yixing’s bed. The usually cold boy seemed so worry. He caressed Yixing’s pale cheek in affection. Seeing this, Tao stopped Minseok from stepping in.

“I think Yixing’s okay now. Besides, there’s Kris there to take care of him.” Tao smiled to the shorter boy, “What about leaving them first and we can visit him later?”

Minseok nodded and closed the door quietly, “You said ‘we’? Are you going to come with me to visit Yixing later?”

“Of course.”

“Humm, thanks.” Minseok smiled, and then he looked at their hands which were still linked together, “By the way…”

“Ah! Sorry!” Tao yelped. But, when the taller boy was about to untangle their hands, he felt his hand was held tighter.

“I don’t mind…” Minseok whispered, biting his lower lip.

Tao could feel his blood was rushing up to his cheeks.

“Oh…” Tao cleared his throat, “Where…where do you want to go now?”

“I want to go to the rooftop. We can see the sunset from there. The view is nice.”

Tao smiled and pulled Minseok’s hand with him, “Let’s go then.”

Meanwhile, Kris was still staring at the unconscious boy anxiously in the infirmary room.

“Why did you force yourself?” Kris whispered, taking Yixing’s limp hand to hold it in his larger one. He Yixing’s soft brown locks gently, “Wake up for me…please…”

 

 

Tao didn’t know how long they had been on the rooftop, he didn’t know how long they had stopped talking randomly and enjoyed the night wind either.

But, when he felt a weight fell on his shoulder, he knew Minseok had fallen asleep. Tao could smell the fresh fragrance from Minseok’s hair. He decided to kiss the crown of Minseok’s head.

“Sleep tight, Bao Zi…” Tao whispered.

 

 

Yixing woke up and looked the ceiling above his head, “Where am I…?”

He got into sit position and blushed when he realized there was Kris’ head on his lap and holding his hand tight.

He heard the curtain beside his bed was opened and he saw the doctor.

“Oh, finally you’re awake. Good for you.”

“Ah, thank you for taking care of me.” Yixing gave a low nod to the doctor, “And he…?”

The doctor smiled to see Kris on Yixing’s lap, “He has been waiting for you to wake up since this evening. Don’t you remember that he’s the one who brought you here?”

Yixing widened his eyes and looked at Kris, “Really…?”

“You better go sleep again. It’s midnight now.” The doctor said, “I think I can let you to sleep in your own room this morning since it’s Sunday. But, I warn you not to attend the class on Monday. You have to rest at least until Tuesday.”

“Yes, I understand.” Yixing smiled, “Thank you. And sorry for bothering.”

“You’re welcome. Get well soon, okay?” The doctor said before finally closing the curtain again, leaving Kris and him alone.

Yixing stared at sleeping Kris with a gentle smile. He leaned closer to Kris and whispered, “Thank you so much, Kris.”

He held Kris’ hand tighter and make himself lay back down to sleep.

 

 

Kai was bored. It was midnight and both of his roommates were nowhere to be found.

“Why do people always keep leaving me alone nowadays?” Kai sighed.

He decided to take a night walk and took his jacket before locking his door. Right when he was passing the yard, he heard a soft hum near the pond.

Curiously, he approached the source. He found a familiar boy was humming softly, closing his eyes and drowning into the sea of notes.

He has a beautiful voice. Wait, what’s his name again…?, Kai thought.

“Ah, Do Kyungsoo!” Kai flicked his fingers after remembering it.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes in surprised, not expecting to meet someone at the midnight.

“Hey, Kyungsoo.” Kai sat beside the said boy, “What are you doing here at the midnight?”

“No…nothing.” Kyungsoo stutteringly answered before throwing his face on the opposite direction so Kai wouldn’t see his red face.

Accidentally, Kai could smell Kyungsoo’s blood because of it.

“Hmm…” Kai mumbled, “It’s not too sweet. It smells nice.”

“What did you say?” Kyungsoo faced Kai again.

Kai covered his mouth after realizing he said it out loud, “Oh, nothing. Errm…I like your voice.”

The words just made Kyungsoo blushed even more that it made Kai took a sharp breath, “Thanks…”

“Well!” Kai suddenly rushed himself up, “Maybe, I have to leave you alone to continue what you were doing before. Hmm, see you!”

Kyungsoo smiled shyly, “See you.”

Kai stepped back slowly at first before finally running for his life toward his room after Kyungsoo couldn’t see. He slammed his door shut behind his back and locked it before slumping down on the ground.

“Damn…” He panted, “Is this what Tao felt when he attacked the random student…?”

 

 

In the morning, Minseok was awake and realized the ceiling he was looking at above him wasn’t the one in his room. He turned his face to his left side and saw Tao who was sleeping soundly on his own bed. He blushed when he realized what had happened the day before. Luckily, Tao was too far in his dreamland to smell Minseok’s blood. Realizing he was in Yixing’s bed, Minseok got into a sit position.

“Oh, you’re awake?” Kai asked the chubby boy.

“Ah…” Minseok nodded, “Yeah…”

“I’m making hot chocolate. Do you want some?”

Minseok glanced at Tao before answering with a very soft voice, “Yes, thank you.”

Kai chuckled, “Don’t worry you might wake him up. Tao is a very heavy sleeper. He won’t wake up.”

“So, how could he wake up for school?”

Kai grinned playfully, “I usually tickle him until he wakes up.”

An imagination of Kai and Tao laughing together, tickling one another, wasn’t the worst, but it made Minseok a little bit jealous, if not much. But, he hid it quickly.

Kai noticed the change of Minseok’s expression and chuckled, “Don’t be jealous. I and Tao are nothing more than best friends.”

It made Minseok blushing, “I…I’m not jealous!”

“Okay, let me consider it.” Kai laughed.

His blood is too sweet for my liking. Maybe that’s why Tao likes his blood smell, Kai thought. He turned his face to see Minseok who was staring Tao’s sleeping face with a soft smile floating on his chubby face.

And he said he wasn’t jealous, Kai thought again, He clearly has feeling to that panda! Why so blunt?

Kai put the mug of chocolate on Yixing’s table with a soft thud. The sound woke Minseok up from his own world.

“Here, drink it.” Kai said, “It’ll be better if you drink it while hot. I’ll go out to do something. Is it okay if I leave you alone? Well, with Tao if he’s counted.”

“Don’t worry, it’s okay.” Minseok chuckled.

“See you, then.” Kai waved his hand after grabbing his jacket, and then he closed the door, leaving Minseok and sleeping Tao alone.

“Because, if I stayed inside, I would feel like a fly.” Kai sighed, “Maybe I should look for Kris.”

Meanwhile in the room, Minseok was sipping his hot chocolate while observing Tao’s sleeping face. He put the empty mug on the table after finishing it in one-shot. And then he got up from the bed, approaching Tao’s one slowly. Biting his lower lip, he raised his hand to touch Tao’s cheek, but he canceled it and felt satisfied just to stick his lower arm slightly beside Tao’s one before resting his head on the edge of the bed.

 

 

When Yixing was awake, he didn’t see Kris anywhere around him. He got up from the bed and slid the curtain.

The doctor looked at him and smiled, “Hey, Yixing. Feeling better?”

Yixing nodded, “I’m feeling fine. Where’s my friend by the way?”

“You mean that president council boy? Hmm, he left about an hour ago.”

“I see.” Yixing sighed.

“You can go to rest in your own room if you want. Do you need me to walk you?”

Yixing shook his head, “No, thanks. I can go by myself.”

“Okay. And oh, wait.” The doctor took a dark blue sweater from his drawer and gave it to Yixing, “Your friend left this here. What if you use this first before turning it later to him when you finish resting? I don’t think you brought any jacket or sweater with you.”

“Okay.” Yixing took the sweater and put it on his body, smelling the manly fragrance from it. Kris’ size was larger than him so it was a little bit over-size.

His perfume smells nice, Yixing thought.

“I’ll go back now.” Yixing smiled to the doctor.

“Be careful.” The doctor smiled back, “You don’t have to drink your medicine now since you got the treatment last night. But starting from tomorrow you have to be more careful about it, don’t forget to take you medicine anymore, okay?”

“I got it.” Yixing bowed for the last time, “Thank you, Doc.”

He closed the infirmary door behind his back and was ready heading back to his own room.

When he had arrived in front of his room door and was about to turn the knob, he suddenly remembered something.

“Ah…This sweater…I have to turn this back to Kris.”

He canceled to go into his room and continued walking toward Kris’ room instead.

Every year, the president of student council who was in charge always had a room for himself. It was in the end of fifth floor, room 501. And since Kris was the one who was in charge, he got the room for himself during this year.

Yixing knocked the door softly. Hearing the knocks, Kris got up from his table and opened the door just to see Yixing in his over-size sweater.

“Yixing?” Kris frowned, “What are you doing here??”

Yixing pointed the sweater on his body, smiling shyly, “I want to turn this sweater back to you. Sorry I’m using this without telling you.”

Kris opened the door wider, giving a way for Yixing to step in, “Come in.”

“Sorry for bothering.” Yixing said softly.

After closing the door, Kris pushed Yixing gently toward his bed and sat the pale boy there, “You should rest! Why didn’t you get straightly back into your room?”

“Ah...I did wrong again, right?” Yixing bit his lower lip, avoiding Kris’ hard glare, “I’m sorry, I just wanted to turn your sweater back…”

“It’s not what I mean.” Kris sighed, “You didn’t get any jacket or sweater with you, right?”

Yixing shook his head.

Kris sighed once again then patted Yixing’s head, “You know, you don’t have to turn this sweater back to me now. You can use it as long as you want. You need this more than I do.”

“Thank you…” Yixing smiled with cheek slightly pink.

Kris could tell Yixing’s blood wasn’t in a good state.

“Oh!” Yixing stood up quickly, “You must be studying right?? I will go back to my room, I’m really bothering you!”

“Sit down.” Kris pushed the boy back down to the bed.

“Eh?”

Kris knelt down and put off Yixing’s slipper without a word.

“Wait, what are you doing, Kris??”

Then without answering, Kris lifted Yixing’s legs to put it on the bed. He pushed Yixing’s shoulders then covered Yixing’s body with the blanket.

“Sleep.” Kris said shortly.

“But…but…”

“No but, now sleep.”

Yixing bit his lower lip then relaxed himself. He held Kris’ hand when he saw the cold boy walking away.

“Where are you going? Don’t leave me alone…”

Kris gave Yixing his rare small smile and cupped Yixing’s cheek with his free hand, “I’m not going anywhere. I’ll still be here when you wake up. Now rest, Yixing, so you can get well fast.”

Yixing blushed once again then nodded before releasing Kris’ hand.

“Thank you, Kris.” Yixing whispered, “For everything.”

“Sleep tight.” Kris answered.

 

 

“And no Kris here…” Kai pouted, seeing the empty student council room, “Argh! Why do they always leave me alone??”

Kai stomped away, grumbling about Tao and Kris who were madly in loves.

“Oh!” Kai saw the familiar figure walking toward the pond, “It must be Kyungsoo! Hey, Kyungsoo!”

The called boy turned his face and saw Kai running toward him. Kyungsoo could tell that he was lying if he didn’t feel the butterfly in his stomach.

“What are you doing?” Kai asked him.

“Ah…”

“Wait! Don’t answer it!” Kai stopped the boy, “You must want to go to beside the pond then hum again like yesterday! Count me in! I’m bored alone.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t tell him that exactly he was about to write a letter for Kai, again.

“Okay.” Kyungsoo answered softly.

“Oh, Kyungsoo.” Kai flicked his fingers after they had sat beside the pond, “Do you know someone with nickname or initial D.O?”

Kyungsoo dropped all his stuffs down in shock.

“Ah! Why did you drop them??” Kai grabbed a book before it could fall down into the water.

“So…sorry.” Kyungsoo hurriedly grabbed his things and stacked it, “I’m so clumsy, ha…ha…”

“So?” Kai asked again, “Do you know?”

“Hmm, no.” Kyungsoo shook his head, avoiding Kai’s eyes as he didn’t want to get caught.

“Hmm.” Kai sighed, “I’m curious.”

“What…what did he do, by the way?” Kyungsoo asked as of he didn’t know anything.

“He sent me letters. There are two of them now. I’m just curious who he is. I love his handwriting.”

“Oh…” Kyungsoo felt a little bit happy since Kai loved his handwriting, “Maybe, it’s not the right time to show up.”

“Why?”

“Well, I don’t know. I’m not him.” Kyungsoo shrugged. But, his heart was beating wildly against his ribcage.

“Well,” Kai sighed heavily, “just wait, Unknown Writer! I’ll find you for sure, no matter what!”

If only he could, Kyungsoo would bury himself in his own grave now.

 

 

Tao was awake. He felt locks tickling the side of his arm. And he didn’t expect to find Minseok’s head beside his body.

“Minseok…?” Tao whispered, “Why is he here?”

“Ngh…” Minseok yawned and raised his head with sleepy eyes to see Tao, “Tao?”

“Why were you sleeping here?” Tao asked, “As long as I know, I laid you on Yixing’s bed.”

“Ah!” Minseok leaned away, embarrassed because he was caught.

Tao chuckled and sat on his bed, “Aren’t your neck hurt? You slept in uncomfortable position just now.”

“Hmm, no. It’s okay.” Minseok cracked his neck to left and right.

“Sorry to bring you here last night. I don’t want to disturb your roommates.”

“It’s okay.” Minseok smiled, pulling himself up, “Thank you for bring me here. I’m heavy, right?”

“Your cheeks are heavy.” Tao chuckled.

Minseok pouted to hear that. Tao couldn’t hold his urge to pinch one of Minseok’s cheeks.

“Don’t pout. You become chubbier if you do that.”

“Mock me all you want.” Minseok punched Tao’s arm lightly.

“Ah, what should we have for breakfast?” Tao asked, straightening his back with a yawn.

“I don’t know. What do you want?”

Your blood must be good, Tao thought, but he shook it away from his head.

“Let’s go to the cafeteria first.” Tao smiled, “Wait, I have to brush my teeth first, or I will make everyone in cafeteria dead.”

Wanted it or not, Minseok laughed at Tao’s statement.

 

 

“Oh, it’s crowded.” Tao whistled to see the cafeteria, “What do you want? I’ll take them for you.”

“Cereals and orange juice will be good.”

“Pick a table, I’ll meet you there.” Tao smiled before rushing himself into the queue.

Minseok wandered for a while before seeing Kris eating alone on the table at the corner. He decided to approach him.

“Hi.” Minseok greeted the boy shortly.

“Oh, Kim Minseok, right?” Kris looked up to Minseok.

“Can I sit here?” Minseok pointed the chair.

“Of course.” Kris nodded, “Tao’s not with you?”

“He’s taking the food.”

Kris nodded, “And he’s taking yours too?”

Minseok nodded blushingly.

That cheesy panda boy, Kris thought.

“Oh…” Minseok’s voice interrupted Kris from his thought, “I saw you with Yixing in infirmary yesterday. Is he okay?”

Kris nodded, “He’s in my room now.”

“You left him alone?”

“It won’t long. I just get him a bowl of porridge, and here it is.” Kris thanked the waiter before standing, “He will look for me if I’m not quick. I’m leaving now.”

“Ah, thanks for taking care of Yixing.” Minseok bowed.

“It’s nothing. See you.” Kris nodded before walking away.

He’s not that cold exactly, Minseok thought.

“Hey.” Tao came with a tray, “What are you thinking?”

“Oh, no, I met Kris. He left a few seconds ago.” Minseok told him, “He’s not really cold, is he?”

Tao chuckled, “No, he’s like brother to me and Kai. Why did you suddenly say that?”

“No…” Minseok shook his head, “I’m just curious.”

Oh, that one sentence could make Tao jealous for a day.

 

 

Kris opened his door and found Yixing had been awake with a pout on his face.

“I thought you said you wouldn’t leave me…”

                “Sorry.” Kris smiled and put the plastic bowl on the table, “I brought you porridge, and you have to eat it.”

 “Thank you.” Yixing smiled, showing his dimple to Kris.

“You’re welcome.” Kris sat on the chair in front of the table, “Be careful, it’s still hot.”

Yixing nodded before blew the porridge on the spoon.

“Ah, I met your friend in the cafeteria.”

“Who?” Yixing asked, nibbling the spoon between his lips.

If he could be cuter, Kris chuckled inside his heart.

“Kim Minseok.” Kris answered, “He looked worry about you.”

“He always over reacts,” Yixing chuckled, “he always worries about me.”

“Because of it?”

“Huh?”

Kris sighed, “You have hemophilia, right?”

“How could you know?” Yixing asked in surprise.

“From friends.”

Yixing nodded understandingly. He put the empty bowl and the cup of milk on the table and thanked Kris, “Thank you.”

“Could you say ‘thank you’ and ‘sorry’ less?” Kris smiled.

“Sorry-ah…” Yixing chuckled.

“You eat like a child.” Kris said, spotting a drop of milk on the corner of Yixing’s lips.

“What?” Yixing asked, trying to wipe the drop but failed.

Kris leaned closer to wipe it and he realized how close they were after that.

“Kris…?” Yixing breathed. The vanilla scent of the milk was still lingering in Yixing’s breath.

Kris caressed Yixing’s pale cheek gently, “Yixing…I…”

Yixing stared at Kris’ dark orbs nervously, waiting for Kris to continue the words.

“I…I lo…”

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Kris dropped his hand from Yixing’s cheek quickly.

Damn!, Kris cursed inside his head, heading off toward his door, It was so ing close, Dammit!

Oh, Kris really wanted to kill the boy who was standing in front of his door with an innocent smile.