The Priestess of Kyushu

A Song of Water and Fire (On-HOLD)

Last Chapter:

Under the Emperor's order, Jaejoong, and the young lady, Jessica, were imprisoned in the basement of the palace.

 

CHAPTER THREE

Jessica's POV

Hey Yunho! Where's Daddy? 

 

This scene, is very familiar.

 

Sica, Yunho, my brother looked at me sadly, Mom and Dad got divorced.

 

Divorced? 

 

And then the scene shifted. I saw my mom crying.

 

Mom... Don't be sad. I went to her and then I hugged her.

 

I'd do anything to make you happy.

 

"So don't be sad!"

 

"But I am so sad." I heard the voice of a familiar man. I opened my eyes, and there I saw that I was hugging Jaejoong! I immediately released him from my hug.

 

"There you are, snoozing like a baby, while we're locked up in the palace dungeon!"

 

"Jaejoong! You scared me!"

 

"You're scared? Well, I'm terrified!" He said while mocking me.

 

"Oh, and where are you from anyway? What was that light coming out from your body?" 

 

What will I tell him? That we're in a book. And I'm from another world, and I was just into some book in the library? 

 

Like hell, he'd buy that.

 

"Well, whatever." He looked away from me.

 

"So what's up with your mom? You were tossing in your sleep!"

 

That's right. I promised Mom that I'd do anything to make her happy but it seems that I can't make her happy.

 

"I have NO idea what this is about, but you shouldn't be too stubborn."

 

"You see, all kids care about their parents. And all parents care about their kids." And then he had this warm smile on his face.

 

"Y-y-you're right. I gotta go home and apologize for all the things that I've done."

 

"Well, that would be five silver for the counseling fee." He laid his hand in front of me like he was asking for the payment.


Author's POV

At the court room

 

"Why have you not put them to death yet? Especially that bizarre woman! She emitted that strange light and attempted to vanish!" A court official said to the emperor. 

 

"She might be an evil spirit, your majesty! Now with your permission--" Another court official added.

 

"One moment." The emperor said.

 

"We have cause to wonder... If that girl might be the young lady of legends." the emperor said.

 

"IMPOSSIBLE!" The court officials said in unison.


At the dungeon

 

"Problem number one: How do we get out of here?"

 

I want to go home, and now we're in a tight spot. I have to help us get out of here. Do I have anything that could help?

 

The young lady reached into her skirt's pocket. She pulled something from her skirt. Alright! Bubblegums! 

 

She ate it happily.  

 

"Hey! What did you just put in your mouth? Out with it!" The guard who was guarding their cell said.

 

"What's this?" Jessica repeated the question of the guard. She blew the gum from .

 

"WOAH! What the hell is that?" The guard and Jaejoong said at the same time. 

 

Jessica moved closer to the guard. 

 

"Get that away from me!" The guard exclaimed.

 

The bubblegum popped on Jessica's face and then the guard passed out. 

 

"He passed out! Way to go Jessica!" 

 

Jaejoong and Jessica got out of the dungeon and looked for a place to hide. 


 

"A-are you sure that I can have it? This is too good to be true!" he said, unable to contain his excitement.

 

"Well, it's just gum. Give it a try." she answered.

 

"NO WAY! I couldn't just eat something this precious! I could get one gold for this! You hear me? One gold!" he said while keeping the gum in his pocket.

 

"What's the big deal?" she murmured.

 

The young lady roamed her eyes across the room, and there she saw the statue of a bird.

 

 

"Oh, that's a phoenix.  Everybody here knows that." 

 

So, they got a shrine here? He thought.

 

"Phoenix?" 

 

Oh yeah. I remember something about it in the book's prologue.

 

"It's one of the four Gods. Phoenix,Dragon,Pegasus, Lion. The Phoenix is our God. Each of the three other empires have their own God to worship."

 

Suddely, Jessica caught the scent of something delicious.

 

What a wondeful smell, something's cooking. 

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong, continued blabbering about the emperors and the Gods.

 

"Well, that's not important, we got to get out of here before we're caught--"

 

He looked around and he saw no trace of Jessica.


Jessica tried to find where the scent was coming from. She found a kitchen, and there she saw plenty of foods. 

 

That's what I call a dinner!

 

She went closer to the food and she ate all of it. Not leaving a single trace.

 

After eating the food, she quickly left the kitchen before anyone can see her.

 

She walked around.

 

That filled me up. Now, it's time to go back to my world.

 

Wait! Where's Jaejoong! Oh no!  I'm lost!

 

"Which door did I come through? I've got to find my way back!" She looked around frantically. "All the buildings look the same around here!" she added.

 

"The door's over there." Jessica heard a voice. 

 

She turned around and there she saw a good-looking person smiling at her.

 

"H-Hello." Wow! She's beautiful, she thought.

 

"So, you're the girl they captured yesterday?"

 

Ack

 

"You must be mistaking me for someone else. I'm just an anonymous passerby. Now if you'll excuse me." She started to walk away.

 

"Don't worry!" she said while she was running after her.

 

"The guards won't hear about you from me." 

 

"I've got nothing to do right now, so how about I give you the grand tour of the palace?" she suggested.

 

The young lady stopped walking. Jessica looked at her quizically.


Where'd that idiot go?  He said while running around the palace.

 

Uh oh.  He said when he saw a guard.

 

"Get the guards! I found him!" the guard said.

 

Damn!  This is the only way! Jessica, I'll lure them away while you escape.

 

He started sprinting as fast as he could.


"You need to find your companion?" she asked her.

 

"He wouldn't have gotten mixed up in this if it weren't for me! I can't go back to my own world until I know he got away safely. " she explained.

 

"You came from another world?" she was shocked.

 

"You probably won't believe me, and I understand."

 

Uh-oh. I'll bet she thinks I'm a loony and is leading me straight to the guards. Why is this happening anyway? I thought reading this book was supposed to let me escape from life, exams, and all that rotten stuff.

 

"You must think I'm crazy."

 

"Not at all! I just love things like that!" 

 

"That's incredible!" she inspected Jessica.

 

Am I a kind of a side-show freak?

 

"I'm Sehun, although people usually call me something else."

 

"Oh, I'm Jessica Jung. Just call me Jessica."

 

"Stop talking about going away, and stay here for a while. I just know that the emperor would never have you killed." Sehun touched Jessica's chin.

 

Thump Thump (Heartbeat)

 

Jeez, my heart's pounding over a woman.

 

"What's the matter?" she asked when she felt that Jessica became quiet.

 

"O-oh.. I was just thinking how beautiful you are!"

 

"Haha! Everyone says that too."

 

All of a sudden, Sehun pulled Jessica behind the bush.

 

 

"Hide here." she instructed.

 

 

"Spill it! Where's the girl?" the guard asked.

 

 

"Beats me."

 

 

"She got away while you guys were busy chasing after me. Too bad huh?"

 

 

 

"So you were just some decoy huh?" And then the guard punched Jaejoong.

 

 

"Jaejoong!"

 

 

Jessica showed herself to the guards.

 

 

 

"What good is it for you to be a decoy? Guys, capture me instead!"

 

 

"You idiot! Why didn't you go home?!"

 

 

"I just can't leave you!"

 

 

A guard held Jessica's arms. Jaejoong kicked the guard and the guard fell. 

 

 

"You bastard!" the guard said.

 

 

"Lay a finger on that girl and you're dead!" Jaejoong's eyes turned red. 

 

 

Sehun noticed the change in Jaejoong's eyes.

 

 

"Silence!" he called out.

 

 

"You are not permitted to touch those two without my order!" He emerged from the bush.

 

 

"Sehun?"

 

 

"Y-your Majesty!" the guards called him.

 

 

"Oh c'mon! How could a girl who's young and beautiful be the emperor? Give me a break."

 

 

"GIRL? His majesty is a man!" 

 

 

Jessica tried to feel if Sehun has s.

 

 

 

"It's flat! Nothing above and below is some mysterious object that I know nothing of." she said when she looked at the lower portion of Sehun.

 

 

"Stop thinking about that right now!"


"Our apologies. Trickery was not our intention." 

 

 

They were all in the court room now.

 

 

"We simply wished to understand you further." 

 

 

Sehun was wearing imperial clothes now.

 

 

He seems like a completely different person.

 

 

 

"At least, we've proved that you two are not evil spirits."

 

 

 

"So you're gonna let us go?"

 

 

 

"Of course, you shall not be executed."

 

 

Phew. Now I can go home without any regrets...

 

 

"However... We have one request. Will you protect our empire, Priestess of Kyushu?"

 

 

Jessica looked around.

 

 

"We are referring to you, Jessica."

 

 

 

"There's a legend in our land. At a time when the empire falls into disorder and is on the verge of collapse... A young lady will appear from another world seeking the power of the Phoenix. The moment she summons the Phoenix, she will lead the empire to glory."

 

 

"This young lady, called the Priestess of Kyushu, has finally arrived and is sitting before us now. "

 

 

"Y-y-you... You've got it all wrong! I'm just an ordinary senior high school student cramming for her exams! I happened to land in your world by mistake!"

 

 

 

"Yet, you are a woman with a wish correct? You came seeking the powers of the Phoenix so that your wish will be granted, yes?"

 

 

Herein contains the tale of a young lady and her quest to gather the seven immortals of Kyushu together. 

 

 

That was.. She remembered what was written in the first page of the book.

 

 

And if you, the esteemed reader, should read to the story's end, the spell contained within this book shall bestow upon you, the powers of the heroine, and grant you your wish.

 

 

Does the reader of the 'Lost Hero' become the hero of the story?

 

 

So then the phoenix has the power to grant any wish?

 

 

"I could become a hot babe who looks good in a tight mini skirt! Or have all the school boys desperately in love with me! Or I could be tough enough to beat up all the bullies at school! Or every meal could be a feast, three times a day!  Or have all the cucumbers disappear! Or sleep 12 hours a day!Sehun, I am so into this!"

 

 

What is this girl blabbering about?

 

 

"B-but most of all, I could get into whatever school I want to.."

 

 

"You're much too modest." He chuckled. "Have you considered ruling the world?"

 

 

"I'm in! I'll do it! I'll be your priestess of Kyushu! My life has been leading up to this!"

 

 

"Is that so?"

 

 

"Everyone stand back! This young lady will summon the Phoenix. The priestess of Kyushu, the one who will protect the empire, stands before you!"

 

 

You're making too much of this. she scratched her head.

 

 

"Hope I don't disappoint."

 

 

"Thank you, your eminence. Priestess of Kyushu." they all bowed down to her.

 

 

They're treating me like I'm all high and mighty. Even Jaejoong is bowing. Well, at least my worries about my exams are over. 

 

 

"Okay! And now, I'll be heading home now! Please look after Jaejoong for me! See ya!"

 

 

 

"What are you talking about? You just said.."

 

 

"Well, yeah. First I have to go and tell my mom. And I have school."

 

 

"Hey! What's this book doing on the floor?"  

 

 

Huh? What am I hearing?

 

 

"Looks like the lock on this door is broken.

 

 

 

"What's this book doing here?"

 

 

I'm hearing voices in my head! 

 

 

 

Book?!?

 

 

 

It's coming from outside the book!  

 

 

"It's the librarian! Oh no! Don't close that book!"

 

 

 

"If you close it I'll never be able to get home!"

 

 

 

"Oh please! Don't close the book!"

 

 

All of a sudden, there was a sound of a book being shut.

 

 

You're kidding. My exit's been shut off! I'm stuck inside the book. 



A/N: Hello guys! How's the chapter? Keke~

 

Vote, Comment, and Subscribe guys!

 

Will it be too much if I ask for 10 comments for the next update? I know I'm only new here. It's just that I have plenty of subscribers but only a few leaves a comment. It's depressing, ya know.

 

 

So yeah, If I get 10 comments, I'll update as soon as it reaches my quota. It's a promise. :)