The Young Lady of the Legends

A Song of Water and Fire (On-HOLD)

Jessica’s POV

This is hell! Why am I being chased around by giant cucumbers? And worst, they are speaking!

 

“Jessica, you have to pass the exams in Seoul University.” It was my mom’s voice.

 

Then, mom’s voice was replaced by my teachers’ voices.

 

“Jessica Jung! List down all mathematical formulas!”

 

“Write an essay about the Joseon Dynasty!”

 

“Recite the ‘Hamlet’ that was written by Shakespeare.”

 

“Answer now!”

 

Then a giant cucumber grabbed my arm. Disgusting! Gross!

 

“D-“

 

“Don’t touch me you disgusting cucumber!” I punched the giant cucumber’s face.


"Jessica, that was the teacher." I heard my best friend, Kim Taeyeon, say.

 

I looked at the ground. O.O  I saw my teacher lying on the floor unconscious. Taeyeon looked at me with a smirk and my other classmates were looking at me with disbelief.

 

Krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg

"Whoo!" I wiped the sweat on my forehead, "What a dream!"

 

Then the whole class erupted into a laughter.


Author's POV

"Jeez, I got into trouble BIG time!" A girl with brown hair, Jessica, whined.

 

"What do you expect? We've got entrance exams this spring! And you are drifting off in class!" A girl shorter than Jessica, Lee Sunny , yelled at the sleepy girl.

 

"That's right, Aren't you going to get into Gangnam University?" A girl around the same age as Jessica asked.

 

"Umph! Ah Hawent toh anyun wet hut- (I haven't told anyone yet but-)" Jessica said while chomping down a whole burger.

 

"Talk or eat! Make up your mind!" Taeyeon scolded Jessica.

 

Jessica pointed at some girls. "I'm trying to get into that University."

 

"That's Seoul University! The top school in the city! Are you nuts?" Sunny yelled at Jessica

 

Hara pointed at her head and said, " You and your G.P.A should have a meeting of the minds."

 

"Why didn't you tell that to Taengoo? She's also taking the exam for that university too!" Jessica argued with the two.

 

"Well, no wonder,  it's because I'm the genius and she's the dunce." Taeyeon said while pointing at Jessica

 

"Are you really my best friend?" Jessica scowled at Taeyeon.

 

"Obviously." She replied at Jessica.

 

"Oh yeah,, I remember! Taengoo I need to copy your notes from the part of today's class that I slept through." 

 

"Jessica? Aren't you gonna eat anymore?" Sunny asked.

 

"Nope! Got cram school to attend! I'm not hungry anyway! You finish it off!" Jessica and Taeyeon left Sunny and Hara.

 

"Not hungry? Did something happen to Jessica?" Sunny asked Hara

 

"Why is Jessica going for Seoul University? She said she wanted to go to Gangnam University with us." This time, it was Hara who asked Sunny. But they were both clueless so they just shrugged their shoulders.


At the Library

 

"Chased by dozens of giant cucumbers in your dream? What does that mean?" Taeyeon asked Jessica who was busy writing notes.

 

"Well, maybe it's because lately I've been staying up late studying- " Jessica explained while she continued jotting down notes.  

 

"I know you're doing this for your mom, but you gotta take it easy." 

 

Jessica paused for a moment. 'Well, when she said, "I can't wait to see you in the Seoul University uniform", ..... I couldn't tell her that I wanted to go to Gangnam University. There's just no way I'll get into Seoul University.' That's what ran through the mind of Jessica in the moment.

 

Unknowingly, Jessica's ballpen fell from her grasp and rolled into a room. It had a 'Do not Enter' posted on the door. But it seems that Taeyeon and Jessica, didn't notice that. 

 

"Sica, cram school is starting soon."

 

"What's this room here?" 

 

As the two friends entered the room, the ground shook. 

 

"What's that? Some kind of an earthquake?"

 

"Hey! Look at this Taengoo." Jessica said to Taeyeon while flipping a book that fell from the book shelf due to the ground shaking.

 

"It says, 'The Lost Hero'. What the heck?"

 

"It looks like a Korean Translation of some Japanese legend."

 

"Let me see." Taeyeon got the book and began reading.

 

Herein contains the tale of a young lady and her quest to gather the Seven Immortals of the Phoenix together.

"What's a phoenix?"

 

"I don't know. Some sort of a peacock, I guess. "

 

And if you, the esteemed reader, should read to the story's end, the spell contained within this book shall bestow upon you the powers of the heroine and grant your wish.

 

"What's a phoenix?"

 

"I don't know, this has got to be some kind of spell book."

 

For indeed, the moment the page is turned, the story will become reality.

 

"What's a phoenix-?"

 

Pak!

 

"I don't know already! You deaf!"

 

"So, if you read it your wish comes true? What does that mean?"

 

"I don't know! You're supposed to be the genius here! Why are you asking me?"

 

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders and turned to the next page. 

 

The ground began shaking again. The two girls covered for their heads and closed their eyes. The shaking stopped for some time.

 

"Taengoo, it looks like it's over."

 

The girls opened their eyes, only to find out that they were in a foreign land. 

 

"Where are we?"

 

"Jessica?"

 

"Does this hurt?" Then Taeyeon slapped Jessica.

 

"Of course it does!" Then Jessica punched Taeyeon.

 

"Oww! If this is a dream, then this is a dream that hurts!"

 

"Then where are we?"

 

"Kyaa!"

 

"Taengoo!" 

 

Taeyeon was grabbed by old men who wore funny clothes. 

 

'Who are these guys?' Jessica thought.

 

"Nice outfit! Are you guys dancers?"

 

"Why you little twirp!" One of the men who wore funny clothes exclaimed. "We're slave traders!"

 

"Sica! You could help!"

 

"What??!??'

 

Then Jessica slammed into the man who grabbed Taeyeon. And then she locked him in her arms.

 

"Taeyeon! Run! Hurry!"

 

"Let go of me! You little brat!" the old man pushed Jessica.

 

"Ouch!"

 

"Taengoo! Run!" Jessica closed her eyes. The old man was gonna slap her.

 

Jessica was expecting a hand to slap her but there wasn't any hand. She opened her eyes and she saw a handsome man who was twisting the arm of the old slave trader. "Stop it" He commanded.

 

 



A/N: Here's the first chapter guys! So this chapter is dedicated to the first one who commented:  liesoflove

To the first one who subscribed to my story: YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Please wait for your role. ;) And yeah, message me what you want to be called in the story. ;)

To the ones who will subscribe on my story: I'll try to give all of you some roles. So please message me what you want to be called in the story. If interested.