Chapter 6

Separated by Home

 

Chapter 6

            Nichkhun laid Tiffany’s head on his shoulder when the door suddenly opened. Jessica and Taeyeon together with Lauren and Kyungsan entered the room.

            “Oh! Mr. Horvejkul, you’re here!” Taeyeon said surprisingly; startling slightly the baby sleeping on her arms. Nichkhun smiled and just place a finger on his lips signaling her to be quiet.

            “How is Yoogeun?” Jessica asked the lad as she walks in front of them holding Lauren in her arms.

            “The doctor diagnosed him with pneumonia. He was really weak that’s why up to now he is still sleeping” Nichkhun said.

            “How is Tiffany feeling?” Taeyeon asked as she stands near them.

            “She’s really tired and worried about Yoogeun’s condition. She just fell asleep a few minutes ago.” Nichkhun said looking at Tiffany.

            “We went here as soon as we can but thank you Mr. Horvejkul. Thank you for your time and generosity on helping our friend here. She is our best friend and we don’t know what to do if something happened to her son and her.” Taeyeon said sincerely.

            “It’s nothing. I want to help” Nichkhun said as he smiles.

            “Can I ask something mister?” Lauren suddenly asked out of the blue. Taeyeon and Jessica just looked at her stunned.

            “Yes Princess, what’s your question?” Nichkhun said playfully looking at the little girl in front of him.

            “First, my name not Princess it’s Lauren.” Lauren said staring at him intently.

            “Yes of course. A pretty girl like you should also have a pretty name. That’s why your name is Lauren” Nichkhun said smiling.

            “Are you Mommy Tiffany’s brother?” Lauren asked curiously.

            “No Lauren I am not your Mommy Tiffany’s brother” Nichkhun said calmly as he looked at Lauren.

            “Oh” Lauren uttered.

            “Mr. Horvejkul, you have helped a lot and we are thankful. Now that we are here, we’ll take over. You can go home and rest” Taeyeon said looking at him intently.

            “I think so too” Nichkhun said as he carefully lifts Tiffany’s head from him trying not to wake her up. Jessica immediately put Lauren down and sat on his place to support Tiffany’s head on her lap while sleeping. “Come here baby. Sit beside eomma” Jessica pulled Lauren to her.

            “Call me anytime if you need help. Here’s my number” Nichkhun said as he gives Taeyeon his calling card.

            “Thank you for your generosity but I think we can handle this with our husbands” Taeyeon said refusing to take the card.

            “Tiffany has my number if you changed your mind. Farewell everyone” Nichkhun said as he said goodbye to the Ladies and the children.

            Taeyeon and Jessica looked at Nichkhun as he left the room. They paused for a second before looking at each other’s faces.

            “He really got it for Tiffany” Jessica seriously said.

            “Yeah…That’s why I ask him to go already. He might take advantage of the situation” Taeyeon said.

            “He’s a good man. I have no objections but he should know the boundaries. She could have Tiffany as a friend but not more than” Jessica said.

            “He should know his limitations. We don’t want Siwon and Tiffany to argue about him. You know how Siwon gets jealous when he is the one involve.” Taeyeon said.

            “This woman here” Jessica said as she Tiffany’s head. “She’s too innocent and kind to know if someone is taking advantage of her” she continued. “Yes, that’s why we’re here by her side” Taeyeon said looking at the frail body of her best friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It took an hour before the meeting ended. The boys are already exhausted and really want to go home. They were already clearing their things and preparing to go home already.

            “If we caught that guy I will really kill him with my bare hands. If it wasn’t for him I am already home with my family” Donghae said furiously as he clear his things.

            “Let’s just clear our things quickly so that we can go home already. We don’t want the general to hear us” Siwon said as he also clears his things.

            “Said the guy who wants to finish the paper works” Leeteuk said as Siwon gives him a glare.

            “Man, who are you calling?” Leeteuk asked Donghae. “I’m calling Jessi. I’ll ask her if she’s home already” Donghae answered. Jessica answered the phone in just one ring and Donghae was startled upon hearing her voice.

            “Sorry, I didn’t mean to…What?! What happened? Yes, he’s with us…He doesn’t know…His phone is inside his drawer all the time…What room? Room 139 ok…We’re on our way” Donghae said as he hangs up.

            “What’s wrong?” Siwon and Leeteuk asked looking Donghae intently.

            “The girls and the kids are in the hospital.” Donghae said.

            “What?! What happened?” Siwon half shouted.

            “It’s Yoogeun Siwon. He is sick. If you check your phone Jessica said Tiffany had been calling you since this morning” Donghae said slightly furious at his friend

            “It’s dead already.” Siwon said miserably.

            “This is not the time to blame yourself, Siwon. Come on I’ll drive you there. There is no chance in that condition that you’ll be able to drive yourself without getting in to an accident” Donghae said as they ran outside to the car and proceed to the hospital.

            When they arrive, Siwon ran inside the hospital leaving Donghae and Leeteuk to park their cars. He rushed to the room that Donghae said and didn’t even knock. He immediately rushed beside Yoogeun’s bed.

            “Siwon! Thank God you’re here already” Taeyeon said gratefully as she stood up.

            “How is he?” Siwon asked Taeyeon while he is brushing Yoogeun’s hair with his hands.

            “He is diagnosed with pneumonia. It’s good that he is sleeping well because it means that the medicines are already working” Taeyeon said as she walks beside Siwon.

            “When was he brought here?” Siwon asked.

            “He was brought here by Tiffany this morning.” Taeyeon said hesitating if she will tell Siwon that Tiffany is not alone when she brought Yoogeun in the hospital.

            “This morning? Oh my God…I’m so sorry Yoogeunie. Appa was not there when you need him” Siwon said and kiss Yoogeun on his forehead.

            “Tiffany tried calling you over and over this morning but you’re not answering. I am telling you this because I know that Tiffany will not be telling this to you. You should give time to your family. Yes, your work needs you but your family needs you too Siwon. At times like this, Tiffany needs you by her side.” Taeyeon said seriously but as softly so that Siwon can only hear it.

            “I know Tae. I know what Tiffany is thinking and feeling about my job but what can I do? I am just following orders” Siwon said depressingly.

            “I know that your job needs you. Please? Just give more time to Tiffany and Yoogeun?” Taeyeon said and Siwon just nods at her and looks at the figure of her sleeping wife on Jessica’s lap.

            “How is she?” Siwon said as he walks next to Jessica.

            “She seems ok now” Jessica said as she looks at her tired best friend.

            Siwon squatted as he brushes off some strands of hair that is covering Tiffany’s face. “Tiff, sorry but I am here now” Siwon said apologetically.

            “Hon?” Tiffany murmured as she stirred from the action.

            “I’m here” Siwon said as he brushes Tiffany’s cheek using the back of his hand.

            “Hon” Tiffany said as she hugs Siwon and starts sobbing.

            “I don’t know what to do. I brought him here because he doesn’t stop crying. He can’t handle the difficulty already” Tiffany said as she cries.

            “I’m sorry I was not there. You did the right thing of bringing him here” Siwon said as she caresses her back.

            “I tried calling you but you won’t pick up” Tiffany said still crying.

            “Sorry...I didn’t know. My phone is inside my drawer. I was pre-occupied with work. I’m so sorry” Siwon said hugging his wife tighter.

            “We needed you earlier but you just won’t pick up your phone” Tiffany said as she continuously cries in her husband’s arms.

            “I’m sorry” Siwon said.

            “I didn’t know what to do anymore” Tiffany said with all emotions and all Siwon can do is say sorry and hug his wife.  

            Siwon can feel the disappointment of his wife to him just like what he feels to himself. All he can think about is what he can do to make it up with them. He knows to himself that he has a lot of making up to do to his family even though his wife doesn’t tell him. His wife was just to kind and generous to tell him things that he can’t give them. It took them five minutes before Tiffany’s sobs subside. Siwon sat beside her wrapping his hands around her wife’s small frame as Tiffany laid her head on his chest. The girls and Siwon talked more about Yoogeun’s condition when Donghae and Leeteuk entered the room.

            “Sorry. It took us ages before finding a vacant spot. Hi sweetheart! How is Appa’s little girl?” Donghae said as Lauren approach her with a hug.

            “Appa…Yoogeun is sick” Lauren said while hugging Donghae.

            “Yes, Yoogeun is sick. That’s why we are visiting him to cheer him to get well” Donghae said as he kisses her and parting a little bit from the hug.

            “At last you’re here” Jessica said as she approaches her husband and gives him a hug.

            “We came here as soon we ended the phone call” Donghae said as he kisses his wife and hug her closer to him.

            “We were stuck in a meeting that’s why we are late” Leeteuk said. He is now beside his wife Taeyeon carrying the sleeping Kyungsan.

            “You guys will bring the death of us” Taeyeon said as she rolls her eyes. Among the girls Taeyeon is the one who is very vocal about her stand about the job of the boys.

            “Aish…My wife is too expressive nowadays. Are you pregnant?” Leeteuk said playfully to his wife.

            “Oh don’t you start with me Mister” Taeyeon glared at him. Leeteuk just played with Kyungsan ignoring her wife’s glare.

            “Oh by the way Siwon. Did you pay the bills earlier before going here?” Donghae asked out of the blue.

            “No. Why?” Siwon asked curiously.

            “Well, I volunteered to pay the initial bill of Yoogeun but the cashier told me that somebody already paid for it” Donghae said.

            “That’s odd. Who will pay for my son’s bill” Siwon said looking at Donghae who just shrugged.



 

Chapter 6 checked :) Its been a long time since my last update. Mianhe :(( I've been busy lately and I will be more busy starting this monday. Sorry in advance for the late updates' that I will be doing. My schedule will be tighter than ever. Thank you for those who will be willing to wait for my updates and for those who will unsubscribe I can understand you and for those whowill not thank you. Thanks for reading separated by home :) (I still don't know when will I update my first story entitled chances. I still can't get the inspiration to continue writing it but I already started writing the next chapter ages ago)