Chapter 5

Separated by Home

  Chapter 5

            Tiffany and Yoogeun were left again alone that night because Siwon did not go home. The mom and son tandem waited the dad for dinner but unfortunately he texted that he will not be going home. They spent the night together in the masters’ bedroom where Yoogeun lay beside Tiffany while she is looking on some designs.

            “Eomma” Yoogeun called Tiffany tiredly.

            “Yes, baby?” Tiffany said.

            “hug” Yoogeun said lifting his arms.

            “Waeyo? My Yoogeunie is extra sweet today. First he wants to sleep beside eomma now he wants a hug. Eomma will surely not let down Yoogeunie’s request” Tiffany said while fixing her things to grant the request as Yoogeun moves forward to hug her mother.

            “Why don’t you sleep already baby” Tiffany said holding Yoogeun in her arms caressing his hair. Yoogeun just snuggled up closer to her.

            “Is there a problem baby? Are you not feeling well?” Tiffany said checking Yoogeun if he has a fever. “You’re temperature is normal. Baby, tell eomma” Tiffany said getting worried already.

            “Eomma…head hurts” Yoogeun said as he holds his head using both of his hands.

            “Why didn’t you tell eomma earlier?” Tiffany said worriedly as she wraps her hands to Yoogeun enveloping him to her. Yoogeun just suppressed a sob not wanting tears to fall down from his eyes. Tiffany heard it that made her worried more.

            “Baby, lie down here and rest. Eomma will just get medicine for you, ok?” Tiffany said as she helped Yoogeun to bed.

            “No!!” Yoogeun shouted weakly near to crying and just wrapped his arms to Tiffany tightly.

            “Ok…ok…Eomma will not leave you here” Tiffany said carrying Yoogeun to the kitchen to look for medicine. She was carrying Yoogeun around looking for medicine while Yoogeun’s arms are wrapped on Tiffany’s neck tightly.

            Yoogeun did not sleep easily because it took time before the medicine worked. All through the night Yoogeun slept on her arms, in a straddling position, his arms wrapped and face buried on her neck. Tiffany did not get any chance to sleep because she is worried of what might happen and just like she thought, Yoogeun’s temperature spiked up in the morning. She wants to lay him properly on the bed but the child just keeps on protesting and starts crying if Tiffany will put him down. She tried calling Siwon but his phone just keeps on ringing. She made him food to eat but his head hurts too much he did not finish it. She is getting more worried as time passes so she decided to call Jessica and inform them that Yoogeun is sick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            On the firm, Jessica, Taeyeon and their children are already settled. They were waiting for Tiffany to arrive when Jessica heard her phone ringing.

            “Tiff? Hello, where are you? We’re here already” Jessica said as soon as she answered the phone. “Where is she?” Taeyeon asked from the sideline.

            “Mianhe Jess, Tae. I will not be going to the firm today. I have an emergency here” Tiffany said worriedly.

            “What? Emergency? What’s happening over there Tiff?” Jessica asked worriedly. “What emergency?” Taeyeon asked worriedly.

            “Yoogeun is sick and I don’t think he can rest when we go to the firm. I will just look after him today here at home” Tiffany weakly.

            “Ok. Do you need us to come over there?” Jessica offered help. “Yoogeun is sick Tae” Jessica said to Taeyeon.

            “No, it’s ok. I can handle it. I am just worried that his fever would not subside.” Tiffany said on the other line.

            “Ok. Is Siwon there?” Jessica asked.

            “No, he’s not here. I tried calling him but his phone just keeps on ringing that’s why I called you instead” Tiffany said.

            “It’s Tae, It’s the right thing that you called us. We’ll visit you at home after we finish here ok?” Taeyeon said.

            “Ok Tae, thank you. I should hang up now. Yoogeun might wake up” Tiffany said.

            “Ok. Take care both of you” Taeyeon said.

            “I wish Yoogeun will be well already” Jessica said.

            “Tiffany surely is having a hard time on taking care of him” Taeyeon said worriedly.

            “I’ll try calling Donghae” Jessica said. “I’ll try to call Leeteuk too” Taeyeon said. The phone just keeps on ringing.

            “He doesn’t answer the phone” Jessica said irritated.

            “Leeteuk either, ugh” Taeyeon said.

            “Where is Tiffany?” a man said that startled them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Back at home, Tiffany is getting more worried. Yoogeun’s fever did not subside and he started vomiting. Yoogeun is crying already and getting restless because of the uneasiness of his situation that is when Tiffany decided to bring Yoogeun to the hospital.

            “Baby, hold on. Eomma will bring you to the hospital already” Tiffany said carrying Yoogeun while she is packing their things.

            “Eomma” Yoogeun said crying.

            “Please stop crying baby. Eomma promise you will get better” Tiffany said comforting her son.

            They were all set in the living room when she tried contacting Siwon again but all she got is a message that says he is out of reach. “Siwon, where are you?” Tiffany said to herself. She texted Jessica that she will be bringing Yoogeun to the hospital already suddenly she heard their doorbell.

            “Mr. Horvejkul?” Tiffany said confused.

            “I heard that your son is sick. I just went here to check if you are ok” Nichkhun said as he looks at Tiffany’s state.

            “I think this isn’t the right time for us to chat. I am taking Yoogeun to the hospital and I have to get a cab immediately.” Tiffany said scurrying back to the sofa to get their bag.

            “Don’t look for a cab anymore I’ll take you there” Nichkhun said as he grabbed the bag from Tiffany.

            “If it was me I will decline your offer but my son really needs to go to the hospital already” Tiffany said as she looks at the state of his weak son.

            “Come on. My car is outside” Nichkhun said as she guided Tiffany to his car.

            The car ride to the hospital was fast. Tiffany hurriedly carried Yoogeun to the emergency room of the hospital as Nichkhun parked his car. As soon as he laid Yoogeun down at the hospital bed he started crying and wailing because he does not want to lie down.

            “Baby, they need to check on you. Eomma’s here by your side” Tiffany said.

            “Ma’am, it’s ok. You can hold him while we are checking his vitals” the nurse said. Tiffany was hesitant because she knows that her arms are already exhausted and she might not hold Yoogeun properly.

            “I’ll carry him” Nichkhun said when he suddenly barge in the emergency room with their bag and carry Yoogeun in his arms.

            “It’s ok Mr. Horvejkul. I’ll carry him” Tiffany said loosening Nichkhun arms that are wrapped on Yoogeun.

            “Do you think I’ll allow you to carry him at that state of yours? Tiffany, you’re exhausted already. Your arms can no longer hold him firmly. I notice that when you sat inside the car. It is as if your body wants to sleep upon seating comfortably” Nichkhun said worriedly at Tiffany as the latter was left looking at him defeated.

            “Ma’am, please step aside I’ll check the patient now” the doctor said.

            Nichkhun made Tiffany sit on the hospital bed while he was carrying Yoogeun. Yoogeun on the other hand did not protest because he can see his mom while his head lay on Nichkhun’s shoulder holding one of his small hands comforting him. Yoogeun was diagnosed with pneumonia and immediately confined. Nichkhun carried Yoogeun all the time while they inserted dextrose, feeding him medicine, and eventually while bringing him to the private room where they will stay.

            Even though they are in the room already, Nichkhun is still carrying Yoogeun. Tiffany felt shy and pity to Nichkhun carrying him for a long time.

            “You can put him down on the bed so you could rest” Tiffany said.

            “It’s ok. He might cry if I put him down” Nichkhun said facing Tiffany.

            “He’s already sleeping. He’ll not notice it” Tiffany said.

            “No, it’s really ok. Look at his hands on my back. He is grabbing it tightly. If I lay him down he’ll definitely notice it. Why don’t you rest first, I know you did not have time to sleep last night looking up for this kiddo” Nichkhun said.

            “I think it’s you, who needs to go already, aren’t you going back to work?” Tiffany asked.

            “Tiffany, I’m the owner. I can go or not go to work if I want to” Nichkhun said assuring her.

            “But you don’t have to be here” Tiffany said.

            “But I want to. I want to help you. You can’t do this on your own” Nichkhun said.

            “Thank you, thank you for your help. I don’t know what will happen to us if you’re not here. I don’t know how I will repay you. ” Tiffany said.

            “Well, let’s start with calling me with my name” Nichkhun said chuckling.

            “But I call you with your name, Mr. Horvejkul” Tiffany said laughing softly.

            “Mr. Horvejkul is too formal. You can call me Nichkhun” Nichkhun said.

            “But you’re our client. I can’t call you with your first name.” Tiffany said sounding astonished.

            “Well, if you want to pay your debt start calling me with my first name” Nichkhun said looking at her.

            “Ok Nichkhun” Tiffany said smiling at him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            It was six pm already when the boys were back from a mission to their head quarters. All of them are exhausted but they failed to capture their suspected target.

            “This is so exhausting” Leeteuk said tiredly as he slump his self to the chair.

            “From all the time or day, he decided to not show up today. The guys we encountered are just his allies” Donghae said as tires as Leeteuk.

            “I don’t know what happened but I’m sure something went wrong in our investigation” Siwon said as he looks through the files.

            “Man, I want to go home already, I’m exhausted.  To inform you, I have a wife and a daughter waiting for me at home. I want to see and hug them already Siwon” Donghae said irritated.

            “Sorry man” Siwon said apologetically.

            “Oh, I didn’t know Taeyeon is calling me earlier” Leeteuk said.

            “Jessica too” Donghae said. Siwon was about to look at his phone when the general called him.

            “Captain Choi, I need to talk to all of you now.” The general said that made the guys grumble in frustration.

            “Yes general” Siwon said.

            “I guess we’ll just call them afterwards” Donghae said straightening his uniform.

            “Yes, definitely afterwards” Siwon said collecting his things.

            “It’s that jerk’s fault. If he went there we will not be staying out late again” Leeteuk said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            At the hospital, Nichkhun is still in the room as Tiffany is sleeping beside him. Yoogeun is now sleeping comfortably on the hospital bed. The medicine took effect on his small body making him feel a little bit better. He just stares at Tiffany looking at her features sternly, memorizing every part of her face.

            “One day Tiffany. One day” Nichkhun said as he caresses her cheeks. He lay Tiffany’s head on his shoulders when suddenly the door opened.

           


Chapter 5 updated :) I hate foxsports for posting that Tiffany is the worst pitcher out there >.< She's cute jerks! Thanks for reading SEPARATED BY HOME : D Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE :) COMMENTS and SUGGESTIONS are appreciated :)