The Cool Guy

The Test of Time

“TaeTae, do you think we should tell Chairman Lee about this already?”

“We completely have the same thing in mind! “ From being amazed, she suddenly turned cute. “Oppa, we’re really soulmates! Oppa, we’re really soulmates right?”

Waiting for his reply, she asked again. “Right? Right? Right?”

He pinched her cheek and showed off his cute dimples while smiling at her. He took hold of her arm and stood up. “Now let’s go!”

While waiting for Lee Soo Man’s assistant to call them inside the SM Entertainment founder’s office, Leeteuk and Taeyeon both texted their managers.

“Hyung, I’m telling LSM that SNSD leader and I already got back together. I love that ahjumma!”

“Manager Oppa, Suju leader and I are together again. We’re telling LSM NOW.”

They did not mention names just as to be safe.

Leeteuk paved way for Taeyeon to come in first. He guided her by touching her back gently by entering the door.

“Leader couple! What brought you here?”, the cool Chairman said.

The anxious couple were surprised at his approach. But anyway, he was always cool despite being the boss. But he was more friendly to the leaders compared to the members of each SM Entertainment KPop groups. He acted more like an uncle to them than a tyrant, although he is a perfectionist and a disciplinarian.

Leeteuk showed a serious and formal expression. “Chairman, Taeyeon and I…”

“…we are…” He then smiled upon saying proudly, “a couple again!”

Taeyeon surprised by Leeteuk’s sudden confession, blurted out. “Leeteuk Oppa…” She now shows her aegyo unconsciously.  “…you should’ve…”

She did not mean to act cute in front of the boss but Taeyeon is already naturally cute!

“…you should’ve gave some suspense into it.” She bit her lips while sneaking to see Lee Soo Man’s reaction. Surprisingly, he was smiling all the time.

“I feel like a priest now. If only I could officiate your wedding, I would. I would… right at this moment.”

“Sir, you would certainly be our principal sponsor.”, Leeteuk replied as if giving a segway in  a variety show.

“Look at you two. You just look so cute together.”

The witty Taeyeon said, “Chairman, it was the first time that I heard you say “cute”.”

“Then, you should have paired us up in WGM!” Taeyeon covered , surprised at what she had just said. “Miane, Kusang-nim.”

“HAHAHA, Taeyeon-ah! You must really be upset with WGM! Until now you carry the burden from that show. I know that you know the reason behind all these things. But what if you were paired up with an idol star of your age? Would you still love Leeteuk?”

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon.” , Leeteuk gave a thumbs up to LSM upon his statement.

“I had already been paired up with other idol stars besides WGM. I don’t think that would make a difference.” Taeyeon said plumping her head and cheeks like she did when talking about serious matters.

“Okay, meeting adjourned! You are both grown-ups, I don’t have to remind you of what to do. Just be careful and take care of you dongsaengs.”, Lee Soo Man stated to end the consultation.

Just when TaeTeuk were about to leave the office, they heard LSM’s chair move. “And…”

The couples turned back to wait for LSM to continue. “Allow the management to perform actions to conceal your relationship. You’ve already experienced to be hurt before, but your SM family just wants to protect you both from harm. It’s better to be hurt than to be harmed. “

Leeteuk and Taeyeon were surprised to see tears flowing down the Chairman’s  eyes. After they approached, together, they hugged him.

“Without my Super Generation leaders, SM Entertainment would have been dead my now.”

Taeyeon now imbibing the light atmosphere said, “I never knew that  the Chairman is a Super Generation shipper. Leeteuk charmingly laughs at his girlfriend and taps her head.

The Chairman replied, “Of course I am. Most especially TaeTeuk.”

They all burst out laughing.

“The Chairman researches these things online?”, Leeteuk said.

Taeyeon laughed more. She was holding onto her stomach leaning towards the ground. While laughing her words became unclear but still comprehensible when she said. “The Cher- Cher- ahahah” She was laughing with her signature ahjumma laugh. It was so hard for her to continue her sentence. “The Chair… chariman… is a fah—uhgn………….boy.” (The Chairman is a fanboy)

“Sorry, Chairman this ahjumma is bad!” Leeteuk said. He grabbed on Taeyeon’s shoulders, dragging her toward the door.

Both of them gave a 90 degree bow. Taeyeon said, “Sorry, Kusang-nim. Please don’t get offended. Trust that we would not encourage relationships in the company. But if it’s uncontrollable, of course we could not do anything about that like in our case…”

Leeteuk added, “We will be good examples to our dongsaengs.”

Lee Soo Man said, “EXO and the trainees should not know about this. Araso? They are still beginning their career. They need to focus. You guys are already mature and can balance things out.”

Taeyeon and Leeteuk bowed seriously as a gesture that they understood everything. They were all serious until Lee Soo Man said, “Bye….TaeTeuk FIGHTING!”