The Girls Who Care: Recollection or Commotion?

The Test of Time

While inside the SNSD van, her mom’s words kept tingling in her mind. What if you ask Leeteuk who that girl is? What if you ask Leeteuk who that girl is? What if you ask Leeteuk who that girl is?

She kept thinking about it until she finally reached Seoul. She thought to herself, I will definitely ask him who that girl is. I can be casual when I ask him.” She assured herself,” This is Kim Taeyeon, I can do that. It’s just a piece of cake.”

Before she reached the living room, the SNSD members all hugged her at the doorway. When they let go, Taeyeon walked inside. Before she could sit on the sofa,  Yoona gave her a sweet back hug, while Seohyun hugged her from the front just like a little sister (despite her being physically taller thaN Taeyeon LOL)

Finally, Taeyeon reached the sofa after the members bugged her to show their affection. She clapped her hands three times. With her dorky bossy tone she said. “Okay, okay, okay, enough of that. I know you love me girls.” Sunny and Yuri were still doing aegyo to her.

Jessica showed her cold expression and laughed. She and Tiffany were talking to each other.

“What’s up with being suddenly oh so serious?”, Tiffany said (in English)

“I know right?” Jessica added (also in English)

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung continued to delay Taeyeon’s speech.

“Taeng, I know, I know, I know…”Hyohyon said. Taeyeon suddenly felt nervous.

“WE KNOW!” Sooyoung corrected.

Hyohyeon continued, “Yes, WE KNOW (emphasized) that ….(5 seconds suspense) that what you will say is about Leeteuk!”

Everyone burst into laughing. “So straightforward.”, Yoona said with her alligator laugh.

“I know right.” Yuri tried hard to copy Jessica’s accent but it sounded like she was drunk with her cute broken Engrish. So everyone laughed even more.

Seohyun, despite being the youngest, is one of the most mature and serious members, saw Taeyeon’s poker face with open wide. Her unnie did not know how to control the commotion anymore as she was also kind of embarrassed about Leeteuk as the topic and all.

“YAH! Everyone listen up!” the Kid leader screamed. Everyone was still laughing so hard so she joked a little bit. She added with a rap swag tone. “YAH! Listen up YO! Listen up, listen up! EVERYBODY” (She said “Everybody to the tune of “Shots”)

Seohyun is then so concerned with her eyebrows frowned. “Unnies, Taeyeon, unnie here wants to share something.”

The older ones, Sunny, Tiffany, and Jessica, knew how to stop joking immediately if they need to be serious. With Yoona and Yuri, having acting experiences were just acting serious although they were really trying hard to control their laughter.

Taeyeon spotted Hyohyeon and Sooyoung still smiling. “YAH! Zip your mouths!”

She saw that all eyes were already on her. Whenever they are onstage, she was still awkward whenever the spotlight is on her so she always wants that the members are involved in everything. She wants them to shine just like her. So at this moment, she also wants to hear their thoughts.

“So guys, do you think that all the things that we had done as a group would still matter in the future? Of course, we will remain friends, and sisters forever, but would all the fame matter after several years?”

Hyohyeon was the first to answer with her hoarse voice. “Dancing with lollipops in “Kissing You” was my greatest nightmare!” The members all laughed a little because they thought she was gonna be serious.

“I’m serious guys!”, she continued.

The witty Taeyeon side appears, “Now you know how it feels (to be interrupted)…” Sica then chuckles.

Hyohyeon still continued. “Answering Taeyeon’s question, I don’t think holding a candy would matter to me as I age.”

“But the money would…the talent fee for dancing with a candy in hand.”, Yuri added. “Please don’t misunderstand, we all need money.”

“Right! So true” Tiffany said.

“Taeyeon, you need to earn money in order for you and Leeteuk to have a good family life.” Sooyoung said.

“Nice one!” Jessica commented.

“So this conversation will still boil down to TaeTeuk after all?”, Sunny annoyingly said.

“Work is my only focus now.” The ever-so goal-oriented maknae, Seohyun said. “But the more I think about the importance of work, the more I have questions, just like Taeyeon unnie.”

“Yoona? What can you say? Are you still trying to protect your image?” Hyeoyeon jokingly said.

“Aniyo, unnie. Actually, I thought of my kiss scenes in my drama. I don’t know if I can show my kids those things. Maybe when they get old, they’ll understand. But there might be people who can mention it to them even if they are still very young.” Yoona replied and bowed her head down.

The kid leader Taeyeon talked again as if she is the facilitator of a recollection. “Now that everyone gave their thoughts, and JeTi gave their side comments, I can finally give my own answer. I just wanted to know if you feel the same as I do. So basically, I think the answer to my own question is that before we can love others fully, we should love ourselves wholeheartedly first. And we could truly love ourselves by doing what we love to do…and that is Girls’ Generation!”

Everyone nodded in response and started to reflect on their own. After several minutes, Tiffany broke the silence.

Being Taeyeon’s first best friend in the group, she had the courage to ask a sensitive question. “Taengoo, this might hurt you a bit, but I think everyone here is just wants to ask the same question. We always knew that you like Leeteuk oppa and he likes you back but you just never committed to each other. But do you really love Leeteuk?”

Taeyeon gave a simple and brave “Yes.” She looked at every member straight in the eye.

Jessica was sincere and cheerful when she said that, “Taengoo-ah, do you want us to help you…help you show that he is special to you…at least before he leaves for the military (service)?”

Everyone brightly smiled and nodded while waiting for her answer.

“YES.” When everyone were smiling sweetly, she can’t help but turn her anxious face to a brighter one. Since they all continued smiling, she also smiled from ear to ear then of course, bursting into her ahjumma laugh.

Their bright moment stopped when they all checked their phones as it rang all together. There were violent reactions of “Oh”, “HUH”, “Uh”, “OMG”, “OMMO”, everywhere, while Taeyeon frowned and kept wide open while reading a group message.

GM From Super Junior Leader Leeteuk:

Hey there GG! You all know that our company SM Ent already planned a farewell party for me before I leave for the mandatory military service. Because of the special Super Generation bond, I want us to have an after party with just Suju and SNSD in my house (not our dorm). I hope you would all come.

From: Park Jeong Su Oppa

P.S. SNSD Leader, I would be relying on you. Bring everyone. ♥

While Taeyeon remained cool, everyone just shouted everywhere. “WAAAAAAH! There’s a heart, Taeyeon!!!”

Not acting giddy whatsoever, she replied with wit, “The heart symbol is after “everyone” not “SNSD Leader”.

“WAH OMMO!” Taeyeon’s face turned from expressionless to excitement. All the girls quietly waited for her next response.

After a few minutes there was still no response from Taeyeon as she was just constantly staring at her phone, just standing there. Frozen. She did not navigate from the message because she was not touching the screen nor scrolling down. Everyone slowly approached her and read what she was constantly staring at.

Msg from Ahjussi:  (Leeteuk’s name in Taeyeon’s phone)

 

“What the hell is she staring at?” Hyohyeon peeked through her phone.

“Heart? It’s just a heart and she did not move at all!” Yuri said in a boyish manner.

“That means the heart was referring to her not us.” Yoona opened as that of an alligator.

“Maybe Leeteuk was so shy so say his feelings so he placed that.” Seohyun butted in.

“Wake up Taeng! He’s slowly showing his true feelings for you.” JeTi said while moving her shoulders

“Maybe he’s going to confessing during the party.” Sunny staightforwadly said.

“Before he leaves.” Sooyoung said.

While all the girls are having wild comments, it seems that Taeyeon’s world stopped, thinking what the heart truly meant left her blank and stunned.

 

*I ACTUALLY HAVE THE CONTINUATION IN MY PHONE. I JUST HAVE TO TYPE IT AND ORGANIZE MY THOUGHTS. I FIRST THOUGHT ABOUT THE NEXT CHAPTERS IN A SALON BEFORE ADDING FIRST CHAPTERS IN THE HOUSE.