Just My Imagination

The Test of Time

All these things had just happened in Taeyeon’s mind. How she wished that Leeteuk and her were really together. He did not say that “Let’s get together again” since they were never together. What she said a few months back in “Big Brothers” show that love will only give stress to Girls’ Generation is true. Even if she loves him, now is just not the right time for them to be together. How she wished that she and him can be “official” so that she can finally tell the world about them. Their re-affirmation of their love and the meeting with Lee Soo Man were only thoughts, but also a visualization of what she wants to happen in the future.

While she was daydreaming in the living room of her family’s house in Jeonju, her mom approached and sat beside her on the sofa. Mrs. Kim touched her daughter’s shoulder and looked at her intently.

 

 

“Taeyeon…” She knew that she loves Leeteuk since she was always open with her mom. Her mom need not have to ask her what her problem is since she could also feel the pain her daughter is feeling.

“Omma…” She burst into tears and hugged her tight.

Taeng's mom is behind her in the pic

“There are some things that you won’t be able to do when you get old. You cannot sing and dance in the future as cutely as you do now. Tiffany, Jessica, Sunny, Hyohyeon, Seohyun, Yuri, Yoona, and Sooyoung will also have their own lives years from now. Treasure them as your sisters while you still can.”

“Araso Omma, time flies so fast. When I look at our debut performances, we looked and acted really differently. I chose this life that’s why it should be like this.”

Her mom now gets straight to the point. “Leeteuk, right? He makes you feel this way?”

“Omma, why does love make me crazy? I want him so bad that I think of him every time. I even think of what may happen if we were together,like what if we were together?; what if we were just ordinary people?; what if we confess our love and tell the Chairman about it?. I keep thinking about “what-if’s” even if they’re not actually true.”

She hugs her daughter even more and caresses her hair. “Uh, my daughter is in love. You really know what love is. It is normal to mature in your early 20’s, my dear. Always do what you love, which is singing. Love can always wait. That’s why you feel it in your heart, even if you cannot see it all the time, it will remain if it is true love. Just like what you already did…”

Taeyeon suddenly rubs her tears and looked curious towards her mom. She wondered, “What did I already do?”

Her mom laughs at her sudden curiosity, having no single idea what it could be. “When you chased after your dream, you moved from Jeonju to Seoul. You did not see us for a long time. But did our love toward each other change? No. Even if you are away, you will always be our Taeyeon.” She could not continue anymore as she burst into tears.

“Uh, Omma…of course I love you.”

“I really think that you were the one Leeteuk was referring to in an interview and in Strong Heart.”

“What? What if he was dating many girls? They would all think that it’s them.” She answered her mother.

“Taeyeon, why don’t you…”

“…tell him that I love him? NO WAY!!!” Taeyeon continued.

Her mom replied,” I never knew that you are that DESPERATE, KIM TAEYEON. I did not raise you to be like that! A lot of guys like you and you don’t need to beg any guy just to love you. You are already receiving lots of love!”

Taeyeon gave a surprised look. She answered in a playful manner, “ So Omma, what did you want me to ask him?”

“What I meant was that, why don’t you ask him who that girl is? The girlfriend that he wants. The one who would wait for him for 2 years. The one he would marry 5 years after he had been discharged from the army.”

Taeyeon looked at her mom intently. Before she could reply, the door bell rung and her manager arrived and told her that it was about time to leave and go back to Seoul with the rest of the girls.

She hugged her mom, dad and sister before she left.

 

 

*HOW WILL SHE TELL LEETEUK HER TRUE FEELINGS? I’M ENDING THIS STORY SOON SO STAY TUNED…

OR I MIGHT NOT PUT A FINAL CHAPTER YET SINCE TAEYEON MIGHT GIVE LEETEUK A SURPRISE VISIT IN THE MILITARY, SO WE MAY NEVER KNOW… (I MIGHT HAVE SOME STORIES IN MIND IF THAT HAPPENS!)