The Crampy Rehearsal

The Test of Time

Super Junior had just finished practicing. Leeteuk was rushing to pack his things and sweetly escaped so as not to be minded by the others who are packing as well. As he walked in the hallway, she heard the first Girls’ Generation sub-unit, TaeTiSeo practicing in another room. Although they were done promoting their “Twinkle” album they still sang in concerts, expos, and guestings after stages in Music shows on TV.

Sumgyeodo Twinkle eochona/Nune hawk tigana/Beiro saeo iseodo/Nanun twinke tigana

“Now my Taeyeon’s part” He told himself.                                                                                         

[Taeyeon] ttan saramdeuldo da binnaneun nareul chowahae
kkeutkkaji kyeonggyehaeya hae
boseogeul humchin neojanha

 

The maknae Seohyun, noticed Leeteuk outside while dancing. It is now Tiffany’s part and she exchanges positions with Taeyeon. Now Seohyun’s beside her unnie at the back. While dancing, Seo whispered to Taeyeon. “Unnie, Leeteuk oppa’s is outside.”

Afraid that she will lose her concentration, Taeyeon did not glance at the door and just faced the mirror. But as she changed positions during the dance routine, the mirror still covered Leeteuk’s reflection. She saw him with the corner of her eye.

While she did the step where they moved their head and hands around, she completely covered her hair so hide her face from him.

Tiffany was whispering to her (in English), “You totally look like Sadako right now!”
Taeyeon replied in Korean, “Fany, can you just help me. Just block me from his view.”

Seohyun understood the situation so she purposely hit Taeyeon with her long elbow and said sorry. She hugged Taeyeon and pushed her to the side. This ended their rehearsals. While Taeyeon was sitting, Tiffany and Seohyun were standing while blocking Taeyeon.

Leeteuk was trying hard to keep Taeyeon from his sight but because Fany and Seo were taller than Taeng, he could not see his apple of the eye anymore. Someone tapped his shoulders and before he turned to see who it was, he told to himself that the person is just annoying and disturbing his moment.

“Teuk, oppa!”, a Girls’ Generation member said.

Before turning to see who it was, he was just surprised that it was not a Super Junior member. He thought Eunhyuk or Sungmin could have followed to spy on him.

“Oh, Yoona dongsaeng. Aren’t you busy with acting or what?”, Leeteuk turned around

“I’m a fan of TaeTiSeo so I want to watch their rehearsals.” Yoona replied. She entered the room and said, “Taeyeon unnie, Leeteuk oppa’s looking for you.” Taeyeon peeked in between Tiffany and Seohyun. She just wants to punch Yoona right now ‘cause she does not understand the situation.

Leeteuk pulled back Yoona’s long hair to prevent her from approaching her bandmates.

“Oppa! Aw! It hurts.”

“Why did you call her.”

“I thought you-….”

“It wasn’t supposed to be like that.”

In the meanwhile, TaeTiSeo were discussing.

“Thanks Maknae.”, Taeyeon said.

“But I hurt you.”, Seohyun replied

“But this time around it benefitted me.”

Tiffany got to the main concern of the incident. “Taeyeon, it’s about time that you two talk again. Anyway it’s still gonna end up with you two getting back together or having a closure.”

“Unnie, do you still love him?, Seohyun added.

“You guys…”

On the other hand, Yoona was still fooling around Leeteuk.

“So, do you still like her?”

“I love her Yoona. I love her!”

Yoona showed off her alligator smile before she pushed Leeteuk inside. He was now a few meters away from the trio.

“He’s here. We’ll leave you guys alone.”, Tiffany patted Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Unnie, good luck.”, Seohyun hugged her unnie. Yoona approached and they had a group hug. While she took hold Tiffany and Seohyun, she dragged them outside, leaving Taeyeon and Leeteuk alone in the room.

Leeteuk was still standing a few meters away from Taeyeon who was sitting down and staring on the floor. Taeyeon slowly lifted her head and looked at his unusual anxious expression. He was known for his bright smiling face showing off his cute dimples.

“Taeyeon.” He finally called.

“I’m enlisting for the military.”

“Yes, I heard.” She unenergetically said.

Leeteuk did not know how to break the awkward silence.

Outside, the rest of the Super Junior members are with the other Girls’ Generation members as well.

“Why are you guys here?”, Shindong asked the girls.

“Yah! Shindong oppa, aren’t we the ones who are supposed to ask you guys that? This is SNSD’s practice room. We’re supposed to practice after TaeTiSeo’s done.”, Yuri replied

Donghae and Jessica’s eyes suddenly met but they looked away.

Yoona told everyone what Leeteuk did to her.

Tiffany and Seohyun were laughing and told them the other side of the story.

“Aww! Our leaders our in love”, Hyohyeon said.

“Hyo, haven’t you considered me?”, Eunhyuk jokingly said.

“I never found you to be serious so stop fooling around.”

Sungmin was watching Taeteuk and said, “They look so serious. Taeyeon could just do this and Leeteuk will come back to her.” Sungmin did an aegyo to show what Taeyeon should do.

“Taeyeon was the one who broke up with him so Leeteuk should do this.” Sunny replied and did an aegyo.

“I just wanna punch you two right now because of your aegyo.” Sooyoung said. “Why don’t we just imitate Siwon oppa who is praying right now.” She laughingly said.

Everyone looked at the corner where Siwon was facing the wall with his hands in a prayer position. Everyone copied him except the maknaes Seohyun and Kyuhyun who were seriously watching the two inside.

“Finally the commotion stopped.” Seohyun said.

“They will just make a big deal out of it and our leaders will feel embarrassed.” Kyuhyun replied.

Taeyeon finally stood up and broke their long silent moment.

“Yah! Now it feels like I’m in charge of the dondsaengs!”

“Visit me so that I could help you!” Leeteuk now smiles at the hyper Taeyeon

“I didn’t even visit my brother and just sent fan signs. How can I even visit you?”

“Aww! Cute-tah!” The girls were giggling outside.

“You tell the other SNSD members to come with you. Shinee, f(x), and EXO as well. My dongsaengs should visit their sunbae!”

“Ne, Sunbaenim!” Taeyeon affirmed

Leeteuk was still smiling when he raised his voice. “YAH! YOU SHOULD CALL ME OPPA!”

Taeyeon did not reply. She could not think of a witty reply. She gazed at his dimples while repeating in her mind the way Leeteuk said “Oppa”.

He just looks so cute especially when he smiles. I just want to brush my fingers over his neatly combed golden brown bangs.

Even if she is looking so serious right now, she just looks so adorable with her glowing nut shaped eyes. I wanna kiss her lips right now but I still remember the fragile sixteen year-old trainee that she was.

“Oh, what are they doing right now?”, Hyoyeon breaking the silence outside

“I think Hyung will grab her then kiss her.” Eunhyuk replied

“I feel sorry for them because we’re watching them secretly.” Jessica said.

“I missed watching dramas while in the Military. This is like an Idol drama.” Kangin said.

Taeyeon’s natural shy personality is evident right now. You would not even think that she is capable of being dorky.

Taking advantage of her serious composure, he finally spoke again.

“Taeng…”

Taeyeon got back to her senses after gazing at the feature of his face for a couple of minutes. She eyes him intently and so did he.

“Taengoo… My Taengoo…’’

“…let’s get back together.”

It was during Twinke promotions just a couple of months back when she cooled-off with him. They were busy and it was hard for them to date secretly. With Leeteuk joinig We Got Married , Taeyeon knew that it was just a variety show. During the duration of the show, their relationship grew stronger. Ironically, they were on the rocks when the show ended. Leeteuk was so vocal about Kang Sora but not Taeyeon. Even if it’s an imaginary marriage, both Taeyeon and Leeteuk felt pain because they could not show the world that they love each other.

But neither Leeteuk nor Taeyeon remembered at this moment the reasons for why they broke up.

“Taeng, Kim Taeyeon, saranghae.” He said. It was short and sweet. She looks at him. She absorbed the words that he said before she could reply. She thought about the sufferings they had to endure before they can finally reach this moment. Now her mind is clear. They don’t need a cool-off anymore. Their minds are clear that they now what they really want.

Hana, dhul, seht She counted in her mind before she finally composed herself.

“You know me so well Park Junsu.” She finally said after less than a minute.

“Why?” He slowly approached her now that they’re only inches apart.

“I only needed you to say that. No more, no less.” She finished off her sentence with a smile. Followed by her ahjumma laugh for Leeteuk to finally get to his senses.

He hugs her and slightly lifts her up.

Dare mo ga butterfly butta spider (Yeah ahh)

Amai kaori to flavor (Oh flavor flower)

Butterfly butta spider (Yeah ahh)

Kokoro madowasu color (Oh color flower)

 

Jessica leads the singing of their current Japanese single as everyone from outside approached the two.

“Leeteuk, we have to practice”, Taeyeon worryingly said. She ran towards her dancing position when everyone suddenly stopped dancing.

“Nah, Taeyeon, we’re just kidding.” Jessica said

“Continue your lovey dovey there.”, Kangin said

Leeteuk was surprised that Super Junior was there too. “WAIT, SO ALL OF YOU WERE WATCHING US, RIGHT?”

“So you don’t have to explain and go through everything with us.”, Yesung said.

Leeteuk took hold of Taeyeon’s wrist. “Let’s go!”

Taeyeon was surprised but she did not let go of his grip. She resisted Leeteuk’s pull to look at her SNSD members. They were all giving a “shoo” gesture while acting all giddy and cute.

She slightly bowed to her SNSD sisters and Suju members as they walked outside.

They climbed up the stairs from the practice rooms floor to the level where all the offices of the managers are located.