Chapter 1b - Tangled

Partner in Love

'Ya! Kwon Jiyong! Wait' i called after Jiyong. It's lunch time and I told Bom and Tabi to go ahead at the cafeteria since I still want to fry Jiyong's .

 

'Hey! I said wait...' I cried while fighting my way through the crowded hallway.

 

'What dummy?' he suddenly turned to me and I took the chance to catch up with him

 

'Why the hell did you left me this morning? Do you know how much I hate commuting? Aigoo~ The streets and the bus were so crowded and everyone seemed to be in a rush and I almost got lost since I can't seem to remember what station I should get off, and goodness! Don't even get started on those freaking lechers. Ugh. It's a miracle that I'm still alive now' I ranted while were walking towards the cafeteria

 

'So? You're still alive right? Stop complaining. And you used to commute before.' he snapped.

 

'But always with you. Don't you even feel sorry? And why did you said 'Yes' to the school's Study Partner Program?'

 

'Why should I be sorry? I would be late for my meeting with the principal if I've waited for you. And I AGREED with the program because i honestly think it would help students, especially students like you' he reasoned while looking mightily pissed off. That's one of the things I liked about ANNOYING Kwon Jiyong. It doesn't really take much effort.

 

'Hul~Then why did you agreed to be partnered with me as well, I annoy you, right? Why would you want to be paired with me?' I asked, mildly curious.

 

'Who said I wanted to be paired with you?' he retorted while piercing his gaze at me.

 

'But you haven't said anything to Ms. Kim. You should've said something! I know she would've listened to you.' I said while stomping my feet. I know it's childish but Kwon doesn't really like it. Anything to annoy him.

 

'Stop being a child Dara. Have you forgotten that I'm the Batch President? If I started complaining about the way we were paired just because I don't want to, don't you think the whole class would follow as well? I just want the program to go on smoothly even if that means I have to endure more of your idiotic presence. Get that?' Hah! He's finally losing his temper. Sweet success. I do love pushing him off to his limits.

 

'But Jiyong! You don't have to endure my idiotic presence as much as I don't have to endure your arrogant self. All you have to do is talk to Ms. Kim' i reasoned.

 

'Dara, the answer is No! And that's final. Besides, I can see how annoyed you are right now about being paired with me...which makes me think that I might enjoy this Study Parter Program after all. Now, go.' He said while looming at me.

 

By this time we are already at the cafeteria.

 

'aigoo~Ji..please..pretty please?' I begged while pouting my lips and stomping my feet. I can't believe I'd stoop this low. 

 

'i said go, Dara' He said. His tone, final, signifying that the discussion is over and no argument would change his decision.

 

'Kill Joy!' I said and rolled my eyes at him.

 

I turned around to find Bom and Tabi but not before I saw the bastard with his infamous smirk.

 

'Jerk!' i muttered under my breath.

 

~

 

Bom and Tabi were already midway through their lunch when I got into their table.

 

'hey D, so how was Operation: Fry Jiyong's ?' Bom asked.

 

'An epic fail' i said while flopping into my seat

 

'Why do you have to be so picky D? I mean, that was Kwon Jiyong, for goodness sake. Seoul High's Mr. Perfect. A highly intellectual and perfectly gorgeous sample of a human being'

 

'I swear Tabi, you sound like one of his fangirls. Who's side are you on? I'm your friend! Not Kwon!'

 

'I'm just merely stating a fact. Besides, you two have been friends since you were kids right? So I don't see any problem with you two being study partners'

 

'yeah right, friends! Friends, my . You know how it is with the two of us. We live to annoy the hell out of each other. We might kill each other even before we finish studying one subject.'

 

'and yet Kwon drives you to school everyday. That must be really annoying Dara, tsk tsk' Bom mockingly said.

 

'Bommie! You too? Hellooo! As if you don't know the reason behind. Oh gahd! I can almost imagine, my party life would be in coma' The latter I said almost inaudibly.

 

Knowing Kwon I am almost sure that he'd devise a study routine that would totally cut me off from the party scene. Not that I party a lot. Before, I used to sneak every night (I'm still a minor) and go to some social gathering which involves alcohol and loud music. Until a month ago, when me and my Aunt Jinah had a serious talk about my future. I decided to minimize the partying. Good thing Bom and Tabi are cool with that too. I just don't want to be dictated on how I should spend my time which is the precise thing that Kwon is going to do. I just know it.

 

'Dara, it isn't so bad. You know, i'd rather be with someone like Kwon Jiyong than go out and party.' Tabi dreamily said.

 

'Ya! What are you saying? I am your partner so stop fantasizing Kwon Jiyong' Bom shrieked at Tabi

 

'or, if you want Dara, we can organize a group study for the four of us. You know, to make life easier' Tabi suggested

 

'make life easier for who? You? You'd be drooling over Kwon Jiyong the whole time.' Bom said to Tabi, then turned to look at me 'No Dara. No group studies. Let's think of some other ways to make things easier for you, ok?' Bom cooed.

 

 'fine Bommie, anything that you say...' i just agreed to Bom, I don't really have a choice.

 

'So Dara, the Drama club has a meeting tomorrow. Mrs. Jung told me earlier. You coming?' Tabi informed

 

'Yeah. Sure. Just let me know where and when' i answered. He has been convincing me to join the Drama club ever since freshman year and I just agreed to finally join this year to find myself some worthy things to do. I've been attending a couple of their meetings since the start of the school year. Besides, it would look good on my college application form.

 

'So, everything's settled?' Bom asked while looking dangerously at us.

 

Me and Tabi nodded in unison.

 

'Good! Coz I've been dying to finish munching my corn IN PEACE!' She said, then started devouring the poor corn.

 

~

 

'Dara-unnie, a latte please?' Chaerin announced from the counter.

 

'Coming!' i answered. I am now at 'The Brewery', the cafe where I work part-time. I don't really need the money since I have a trust fund left by my parents but my Aunt Jinah encouraged me to find a part time job since according to her, a job would teach me responsibility.

 

'Noona, how was school today? Seungri asked after I delivered the latte.

 

'umm, fine, i guess. You?'

 

'So-so, you Chae? You did well at the recitation this afternoon huh' Seungri and Chaerin goes in the same High school and are in the same class

 

'whatever Seungri. It's amazing you've noticed while you were so busy gawking at Yuri' Chaerin answered sarcastically

 

'Come on Chae, don't be jealous. You know I like looking at pretty girls but I'd always come back to you..' Seungri teased

 

'the nerve! Please Seungri, wake up.'

 

'You two would really look good together' I teased. I find their bickering cute

 

'Shut up Dara!' Chaerin said while blushing.

 

I left Chaerin and Seungri while I went to the staff room to check my phone for messages. I had one.

 

From: The K. J. [short for Kwon Jiyong...or Kill Joy, i'm pretty smart eh?]

 

Dummy,

 

Your front porch. 8PM. Need to talk about the SPP.

 

Jiyong

 

Really? Like tonight? Wow. He's really taking this Study Partner Program seriously. My phone beeped again.

 

From: The K. J.

 

Don't you dare to be late. 8PM.

 

Geez! I texted him back.

 

From: Dummy

 

Kwon,

 

Ya! I didn't know you missed me that much. Don't worry, I won't keep you waiting! xx

 

Dara

 

There! That would shut him up.