Forced to

Only One [Lucky Girlfriend Sequel]

Don’t marry the person you think you can live with, marry only the individual you think you can’t live without.   --- James C. Dobson

 

~~~~~~~` [SUNHWA’S]

I waited for Hyuna in the early in the morning to meet up with her about something. I kept fiddling with the end of my papers, waiting for her.

“Stop fiddling with the papers, you’ll tear it.” She finally came down with her son.

“Hyuna, I have something to tell you.” I stand up and bring her towards the sofa.

“Talk slowly. Don’t worry, I’ll hear everything.” She said and sat down.

“Jonghyun wants me to hand him my resignation letter.” I confessed, looking down the concrete floor.

“Whuat?!!” She was shocked, and then continues, “What did you say back?”

“I didn’t have any chance to reply him. Hyuna, please I beg you. Please don’t make me do this. He’s already married.” I pleaded, showing her my pity face.

She chuckled, “You think he’s married and I don’t have any feelings towards him now? Don’t forget that he is once my husband.”

“No, but… you’re married and have already two child soon. Why must you want to destroy their marriage?” I asked slowly.

“…Because since high school, I hate Hyemi. I wanted to be with Jonghyun but that man chose Hyemi over me. And now, all I want is to see them divorce like how he divorces me last two years.” She said.

“But isn’t Hyemi a nice lady? She was the one who brings me back home when it was raining heavily at night. She even allows me to use her guest room. Please, stop this Hyuna.” I pleaded.

She shot a glare at me and stare, “If you don’t want to do it, I’ll ask someone else and you,” She point at me.

“You can get out from my house. You can go back to Busan and live your poor life there.” She stands up.

I remember my family back home and the life there was horrible. It was even so difficult to buy a bag of rice.

“Hyu-na-a..” I called her, “I’ll do it.”

“Good, Sunhwa.” She smiles, “Now go back to the office and tell Jonghyun that you don’t want to resign. Better do your job properly.” She pulled up my chin and smiled.

What a cousin I have…

 

~~~~~~~~~~` [HYEMI’S]

“Do you know that my job has a new colleague? Have I told you about him?” I told Jonghyun when we’re having our lunch together.

“A guy or a lady?” He looked at me and asks.

“A guy.”  I answered.

“Me or him?” He said, confusing me.

“What you and him?” I furrowed my eyebrow.

“Who is more handsome, me or him?” He clearly said once more.

I tapped my chin and look straight at his face, “Well, he is more handsome than you but obviously you’re the most handsome guy in my life.” I smiled and continue eating.

He chuckled and pinch my nose, “Who will think that my baby is this cheesy?”

“What is his name? How old is he? How is he doing? Does he do a great job?” He kept asking.

“Umm… his name is Jonghwan. He is 24 years old, a year younger than you. Yes, he is doing great.” I straightly answer him.

“Baby, don’t fall for him, eh please. I don’t want you to change your eye from me to him. Your eye,” He pointed, “belongs to me.”

I fake a cough and laugh, “This belongs to me. Babo.” I pushed back his forehead.

He smiled and we continue eating.

“I ask my current secretary to send me her resignation letter. I can’t stand her anymore.” He suddenly blurts out.

“Sunhwa?” I asked. He nodded.

“Why?”

“She’s annoying. How can a secretary not knows how to work? She doesn’t even tell me my schedule right away.” He said.

“She’s just started working, give her some time to adapt, Jonghyun-uh. She is a nice lady.” I advised him.

“Baby, how can you be so kind hearted when someone pisses you off? You’re seriously a fallen angel sent from above for me.” He winked his right eye and sipped his soup.

I take a deep breath and continue eating. Suddenly, I don’t feel well. I put down my utensils and breathe in and out.

“Ya baby, what’s wrong?” He asked.

“I suddenly feel blank.” I stated.

 

An hour later…

“Don’t worry Mr. Kim, your wife is not that sick.” The doctor smiled.

“Your wife is pregnant, ten weeks now. Congratulations.” The doctor take Jonghyun’s hand and shake it.

“What? My wife is pregnant for ten weeks now? Oh my god, baby. Do you hear that?” He sound excited.

“Ten weeks? I didn’t know it was that long.” I didn’t believe at all.

“Usually you will have the symptoms when you’re more than eight weeks. You must take care of your health and be careful with your diet and your stress. You must not be stressing too much when you’re pregnant. It’s bad for the baby. Congratulations, once again Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” He said and we exit the clinic.

I touch my stomach, “This is the feeling of having a baby.”

“Baby, you’re having our baby inside there. I still can’t believe it.” He put his hand over my shoulder.

“What gender do you want this child to be?” I looked at him and asked.

“I don’t mind but it will be nice if the child is a boy and our next child is a girl so that her oppa can protect her. Isn’t that good?” He said and laughs softly.

“Another one?” I looked at him, he nodded. “Come on let’s go back home.”

“Cancel everything you have today. I will do the same too.” He said and we walked towards the carpark.

 

~~~~~~~~`[SUNHWA]

“Sorry Sunhwa-sshi, but sajangnim just called that he will not be coming back today. He asked me to cancel his appointment and meeting today.” A male officer outside Jonghyun’s office told me.

With a bow, I turn back and take the lift down to level one.

“Am I doing the right thing? Is destroying someone’s marriage worth it for me to help my family back home?” I mentally ask myself and look at the mirror lift in front of me.

“Why do I have this kind of cousin? She said she will take care of me and give me a job and a shelter so that I can help my family but this is what she gave me.” I sighed and closed my eyes.

“Excuse me aggashi, aren’t you going in?” A male voice called out.

A tall standing guy stands beside me, looking at me, smiling.

“Hi, I’m Lee Taemin from the insurance company. You are?” He holds out his arm.

“Han Sunhwa, I am the secretary for Kim Jonghyun sajangnim.” I introduced myself.

“Ahh Jonghyun-sshi? I’m supposed to have an appointment with him but the man outside his office told me that he already cancels his appointment. Why are you here then? You should know that he cancels he appointment and meeting, right?” He asked me.

“Ahh… I forget to take something at my table.” I quickly fake a smile and went in the lift with Taemin.

~~~~~~~~`

Author's note :/ I just made oup the pregnancy part. I dont know how many weeks will we know the symptoms.

Please comment and subcribe <3