That's why I love you

Only One [Lucky Girlfriend Sequel]

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

-Mignon McLaughlin

~~~~~~~~~~’ [HYEMI]

“Why didn’t you tell me about your pregnancy, Minzy?” I asked Minzy over for lunch.

“It’s only for two months though. I don’t want to let anyone know first because who knows this may not last.” She answered which shocked me.

“What do you mean may not last? It’s your baby, Minzy.” I said.

“I’m just… not ready to have a child. What more a twin.” She stated.

“No matter how much you’re not ready, you still have to take care of yourself and the twin inside you.” I advised.

She sighed and eat her Cream of Chicken soup.

 

At the office, I take out my file and look through my client folio.

‘Jung Yeonghwa and Seo Juhyun, married for two years. One son, a year old. Both wants a condominium decorated as a hotel inspire design.’ I said mentally.

“Hotel like inspire? What should I do?” I immediately search in the internet and write down what inspires me.

Four hours later, my work ended and it’s time for me to go back home. Walking to the outside of my company, I quickly unlocked my car and went in. it was raining cats and dogs.

 

At one junction, I saw a young lady walking quickly even though she’s already soaked in the rain. I break my car at the side of the road and horn. I opened the opposite window facing her.

“Agasshi, will you like to come in? it’s raining heavily.” I called her.

She stop her step and look inside the car.

“Are you talking to me?” She point to herself.

“Yes, come on in.”

She opened the door of my car and quickly I drove off.

“Here have this.” I gave her a spare towel to wipe herself.

“Thanks. I’m sorry if I make your car seat wet.” She apologized.

“Nah it’s okay. It has already been wet many times before you came. Where do you live?” I asked smiling.

“I lived far from here. It’s in Busan. It’ll take you an hour to reach there though.” She said.

I look at my wrist watch. It’s already 12 midnight. If I send this lady home, I will come back home at three or four plus. And plus tomorrow, I’m working morning shift.

“You can stop me there, I’ll take the taxi home.” She said, pointing to the nearest taxi stand.

“But after midnight, the taxi fare will be really expensive. How about you stay in my house first, tomorrow morning you can go back. My house is near here. How’s that sound?” I advised.

“Is it okay? By looking at ring finger, you’re already married, will your husband be mad?” She asked.

“Hul, how did you know I’m married just by this ring?” I was shocked.

“Because married couples will wear their ring on their ring finger.” She answered.

I feel blood rush up to my cheeks, making them feel red.

“We’re here and don’t worry about my husband. He’s alright.” I said and park my car outside the building.

 

I press the bell and not more than one second, the door opens.

 “BABY! WHY ARE YOU SO LATE?” He immediately hugged me not realizing there’s someone behind.

“Jonghyun-uh, we have a guest.” I said, asking him to let me go.

“Who ask you to bring a guest in the middle of the night? You don’t know if that’s real human or not.” He let me go and pouted.

“Come on in.” I open the door wider and she is standing behind the door.

“He’s my husband, Jonghyun and Jonghyun meet Sunhwa. I met her on the road and offered her to stay in our house for a day because her hometown is far from here.” I introduced them but Jonghyun kept quiet.

“Han Sunhwa?” He said. Sunhwa look uncomfortable, “Yes?”

“You know her?” I asked Jonghyun.

He grabbed my hand and closed the main door. “The guest room is at the storey one the very left side.”

He take my bag together with my hand and walk up to our bedroom.

 

“What’s wrong, Jonghyun? How did you know her?” I asked after he closed the bedroom door.

“Have I told you about my new secretary who doesn’t know how the hell to do a job?” He asked.

I think for awhile, “Yes.”

“She’s the one.” He answered and bring my towel out for me.

“You better make sure she leave this house early in the morning.” He said, feeling disgusted.

 

I nodded and went to have a bathe.

In the bathtub, I kept thinking about Hyuna’s son birthday. The lady she introduce to me is also called Han Sunhwa and she looks the same as the one in the birthday party.

“Han Sunhwa, Han Sunhwa, Han Sunhwa, Han Sunhwa. Is that Hyuna’s cousin?” I kept saying her name until I remember who she is.

 “Sunhwa-sshi, Sunhwa-sshi.” I knocked on her door. She opened it and she was drying her hair up.

“Am I disturbing you?” I asked.

“Nope you’re not. Why?” She smiled.

“I want to ask you something. Is it okay if I come in?” I asked.

“Yeah sure, this is your house.” She opened the door wider and I enter.

“I want to ask whether or not you’re the one whom I met Hyuna’s son birthday?”

She thought for awhile and said, “I’m Hyuna’s cousin. Don’t tell me you’re Hyemi?”

“Yes I am. So, I’m right that you are Hyuna’s cousin?” I asked again.

“Yes. Ohmygod! I’m sorry that I didn’t recognize you earlier.” She apologized.

“I apologized too Sunhwa-sshi. And my husband said to me that you’re his secretary that’s why both of you know each other. Is that right?” I questioned her.

“He’s my new boss which I work with.” She answered.

“I hope you won’t take it too heart with what he said to you harshly. He’s just harsh with his colleagues. I wake you up tomorrow morning so that you can have breakfast with us. Have a nice sleep, Sunhwa-sshi. Make yourself comfortable.” I said and closed the door for her.

 

The next morning I woke up extra early to prepare extra breakfast for three. I took an early shower and quickly head to the kitchen. When both of them woke up and wash themselves, they come down. Sunhwa first then Jonghyun.

“Breakfast for today is rice, Kimchi stew and some tofu.” You served the food and sat beside Jonghyun.

“Should we just hire a maid, baby? I don’t want you to wake up early just to make me breakfast.” Jonghyun asked, looking at me.

“Don’t waste your money. I’m able to do everything. Do you forget that I’m your wife and a wife should cook for her husband?” I smiled and started eating.

Jonghyun chuckled and smiled, “That’s why I love you.” and he kissed my cheeks.

I feel awkward of course, with Sunhwa in front of us.

~~~~~~~~~`

Comment and subscribe please :)