Chapter 7:

Life Isn't A Fairy Tale

I was hysterical the police officers had to drag me away screaming and crying so they could load him onto the ambulance and take him to the hospital. They wouldn't allow me to ride with him to the hospital so one of the officers drove me there on the way I called our families telling them to get there as soon as possible. Once we got to the hospital the doctors wouldn’t let me go inside with him he was rushed into the emergency room taking him straight into surgery. I paced back and forth  in the waiting room I couldn’t stand still for more than a minute, whenever I asked the nurse to see how he was doing they wouldn’t release any information. I sighed and turned around  and saw both his family and mine walking into the lobby. The fear and worry on his parents face made me start crying all over again ‘’what happened, why is my baby in the hospital? She asked her voice shaking ‘’ we were walking home and got attacked by some gangsters I was able to get away and call the  police dujun fought well but one of the men stabbed him….What if  he doesn’t make it…I don’t know what I’d do. My brother hugged  me ‘’he gunna be fine ok just relax. We just found out and now he might never get to….” I broke down crying into my brother’s shoulder.’’ What do you mean? I looked up they all stared at me questionably ‘’I’m two months pregnant ‘’ I smiled softly rubbing my stomach they hugged me congratulating me but the good mood quickly fading away at the thought that the baby would grow up without a father.’’ We were in the waiting for two hour when suddenly a group of nurses and doctors  ran toward the ER ‘’We need paddles now! The patient is crashing! My heart pounded as I ran to one of the doctors ‘’what’s going on?! His heart rate is dropping rapidly we are trying to resuscitate him. I need to see him…I’m sorry you’re not allowed….The hell I’m not’’ I pushed passed the doctors into the room to see dujun lying lifelessly on the bed he was so pale his lips blue I took his hand in mine squeezing it gently ‘’ Come on baby please come back wake up” I cried shaking him “...ma’ma step back’’ they ripped open his shirt putting paddles on his chest, his body jerked up, I looked away covering my mouth to hold in the sobs. They tried again and again all I could here was the long beep of the monitor as I stared at the the flat line. He was gone from me forever I will never forget about you dujun…..husband, father and son.