chapter 2:

Life Isn't A Fairy Tale

yes...of course. There's nothing to be scared of I'll be right beside you the whole time, i wouldn't let anything happen to you..trust me'' he brushed his thumb across my cheek and leaned in lightly pressing his lips to mine. The kiss was sweet and reassuring giving me the confidence I needed ''ok let’s do it'' We strapped on the mask and snorkel and jumped into the water, the 8 ft plunge made my stomach drop but once I was in the water I quickly adjusted I instantly looked around for dujun. I suddenly felt a hand on my arm and turned to see him behind me. The water was clear and blue from the rays of sunlight. He went ahead beckoning me to follow him as he swam further out. As I got closer me eyes widened, it was like a whole other world down here the reef was absolutely beautiful with every shade of color imaginable. There was hundreds of exotic looking fish swimming calmly through the water paying little or no attention to our presence. Stingrays swam effortlessly through the water like birds in the sky,I was completely mesmerized.

Dujun Pov:  I loved the look on her face when she first saw it, she looked like a kid in a candy store. She gawked at every colorful fish that swam by, she played with the little crabs scurrying across the rocks and coral.

Your Pov: I turned to show dujun a parrot fish but he wasn't there I looked around but I couldn't find him. I started to panic wondering where he could have gone when I spotted him my jaw dropped at the sight. He was face to face with a dolphin petting it's side and playing with it. Dujun swam toward me the dolphin followed behind him my heart beat sped up as it got closer. The dolphin stopped inches from my face looking at me with its small gentle eyes. Without really thinking I reached out and its head surprised by how smooth and rubbery it felt. It made a kind of whistle/clicking sound when I rubbed a spot just under its chin and nudged me playfully with its tail. I grabbed onto its dorsal fin as it swam away and it dragged me through the water with amazing speed. I let go and surfaced for air before quickly going back down. When I got back down to the reef I saw dujun playing with the dolphin...it was like they had some sort of special connection, as if they understood each other. Dujun looked so relaxed and calm it's been awhile since I've seen him so happy. As much as he tries to hide it and say he is fine I notice the dark circles under his eyes and the naps throughout the day. He always takes care of other people before he takes care of himself…like today he finally got a break and he decides to take ME somewhere to relax and have fun.

We swam around the reef and played with the sea creatures till we were exhausted then we headed back to the shore. ‘’ Oh my god dujun that was absolutely amazing. I knew you were going to love it’’ he smiled ‘’Ok so what’s the story behind all this, how did you find this place and the dolphin just ‘’happened’’ to show up and play with us? He scratched the back of his head sheepishly ‘’ well I used to come here when I was a kid, things were really tough with my parents fighting about the divorce and school, I would come here to escaped from life for awhile. I found this secluded part of the beach and I would just sit on the dock doing school work or just watched the waves. One day I was walking on the railing and slipped and fell in, I couldn’t swim that well and the current was strong that day. The current keep dragging me under and the waves keep coming one right after another just barely giving me a few seconds to take a breath before I was pushed underwater again. I seriously thought I was going to die that day, my lungs were on fire, my limbs felt like lead I was nearly unconscious when I saw a large object heading toward me. I didn’t have the energy to swim away and aquamarine carried me to the other side of the beach where a life guard saw me and resuscitated me before I was brought to the hospital.

Aquamarine? The dolphin I uhh named her.’’ His cheeks turned red ‘’If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t be here right now, after the incident I came back almost every day to see her. Don’t be embarrassed I completely understand.....that is an amazing story. I guess I better thank her then...If she hadn't saved you I wouldn’t be able to have you all to myself. Mmmhh true....So you what do you want to do now its getting dark people are starting to leave. Ohhh can we watch the sunset?'' her eyes lit up ''of course what's a date without a sunset.''