The Almight Rules and Information Post

BIGBANGFICFESTS' 2012 Christmas Ficmix [FINISHED]

What is a ficmix? A ficmix is a clever combination of the words fic and remix. Thus, a ficmix is a remix of a fic. What does this mean? Well, if you've ever read a fanfic and wondered how you would have written things differently, characterized someone differently, ended the fic differently, then this is your chance! You will be assigned an author - whether it be from LiveJournal or from AsianFanFics, depending on your preference - which you will get to choose one of their fanfics and remix it, or rewriting it. Alternate universes, different point of views, whatever you can think of. Think of it like a cover to a song.

So I can do anything?

Well... yes, to a certain point. There are things that you can't change, because if you do you'd be changing the whole fic itself, like if you were writing an original fanfic. Things like the main plot or the main pairing are things that should be kept consistent with the original fic. This doesn't mean that you can't add to the plot, you can. You can also choose to portray the main pairing differently, or make it gen, if you wish. Just keep the main ideas consistent.

Which fanfic should I remix?

First and foremost, this is a BIGBANG ficmix. It goes without saying that any and all fanfics you choose to remix must include at least one BIGBANG member either as the central character or a part of the main pairing. This means that you can't choose a fanfic where the BIGBANG member is just a secondary character, but you can choose a fanfic where he is part of the main pairing but isn't the character focus. Pairings include all member-pairings (Nyongtory, GTOP, ToDae, etc.), all crossovers (2NE1, etc.) and original characters. Keep in mind that you are only choosing one fanfic to remix, and that if you're not comfortable with writing for BIGBANG this ficmix might be a challenge. But challenges are always good!

Do I qualify?

There are only a few simple rules to follow in order to qualify; you must have at least three (3) fanfics that are 500+ words, or six (6) drabbles that are 100+ words, not including any remixes you may have done previously. These must be available via masterlist by the time signups are complete. In order to participate, you must meet these requirements - no exceptions.

♥ Anything else?

Just a few more things. Remixes must be at least 1000 words regardless of original length. There's is no maximum, though, so write to your heart's content! Keep your assignment a secret until after we post it during the Grand Reveals. It's not fun otherwise! This means that you can't post it to your personal journals until after the Reveal. We'll post the fics all anonymously before revealing them as well. Exciting? Yes! After the reveal, you can post it wherever you want!

♥ Deadlines

Yes, we have deadlines, and it would be extremely preferable if you finished on time, since then you could be part of the Grand Reveal! If you find you cannot finish on time, don't worry, try to tell a mod asap so we can assign a pinch hitter (explained later). Signups open: Monday, November 29th, 2012 Signups close: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 Assignments sent out: Monday, November 5th, 2012 Deadline Reminder: December 5th, 2012 Entries Due: December 17th, 2012 Posting and reveals will depend on how many participants we recieve. 

♥ One Last Thing...
  • Encourage your friends to participate as well!
  • Details about submitting finished work will be included once assignments are sent out, as well as a later post. Remember to keep the email - it's important!
  • We're not responsible for what happens to your story, for better or for worse. Please remember that whether you liked it or not, someone took time out of their day to work on it! Therefore, whether you liked it or not, write a comment thanking the writer, at least! That goes for everyone!
  • Submissions must all be beta'd. This means that your grammar/spelling must be looked over. If you need a beta, you can always ask around, or ask me (Martina), I'd be happy to help!
I still have questions!

Ask them at the questions post (comments screened), or pm a mod, or email us at [email protected].