#3 [Daesung/Seungri]

BIGBANGFICFESTS' 2012 Christmas Ficmix [FINISHED]

Title: Of Jekyll's and Hyde's
Rating: pg-13?
Pairing(s): Daeri
Length: 1,002
Summary: Because monsters aren't what they seem.
Notes: Because I once heard someone say the monster Seungri was in "Monster" was a scared doll. Plus "Wicked" and "Jekyll and Hyde" are awesome.

Remixee author: cuz_im_a_vip
Title of work you remixed: Monster
Link to work you remixed: http://cuz-im-a-vip.livejournal.com/7237.html

 

Daesung was lost. He was a lost soul in a lost body, with a lost mind. He was searching but for what he couldn’t figure out.  He knew when he became lost.

He was back in his old town, just being himself. He wasn’t a monster then. Back then, in his hometown, Daesung was just a boy. Sure he had never been respected, had family nor had friends but he was… not happy but content. He had a house, a bed, and just a place in the world. If only he had just been more appreciative of what he had back then. Even now he didn’t think he was asking for much. He had just wanted to make people better. He knew it was selfish to try and make people something they weren’t just for his own needs but he had tried anyway. He had tried and failed time after time. Just when he was about to give up, he came across an old women. The women said she knew of what he was trying to do and that it was a noble cause. It had made his heart swell when she had said that he would help. That she was going to help him because he was a noble person and this was a cause. She told him that she thought so highly of what he wanted to do, that she would take care of everything. Daesung got down on his hands and knees. He kissed her feet and cried thanks again and again. She took his hands in hers and kissed them. She told him that tomorrow things would be different, so tonight he should eat well and sleep peacefully.  And that night Daesung went home as happy as he would ever be.

When he woke up the next day, he smelt smoke. He was confused at first, and then he realized what was happening. His house was on fire. He got to his feet as quick as possible and run for the door, only to find it wouldn’t open. He pushed and pushed and that’s when he heard it. The screams of his neighbors were surrounding him. “He’s a killer” they said. “Burn it to the ground” they shouted. “Destroy the monster” they screeched. He shouted out to them to stop but half his words came out as growls.  He needed to get out. He needed to know what was going on.  It was all too much. Too much was happening and he couldn’t take it. His head couldn’t take it and then things went black.

He woke up somewhere in the forest covered in blood and black marks. Then he saw her, the old lady. She came to him and his face.

“This is what you asked for” she said. “You slaughtered about half of your town last night and know they’re all better. One unified force all because of you.” She got up and walked away. Daesung, he got up. Tears stained his face as he walked as fair away from the only home he’d ever know.

Now he was just searching. In all his searching, he’d found others and the monster he is now killed them.  He cried every single time hoping this would stop. He hoped he’d be saved.

Then he saw him. Seungri was everything he didn’t want to be and everything he didn’t know he wanted. Seungri was a doll whose porcelain skin stayed clean of all blood. Seungri was a monster in an angel’s body. Daesung victims were just any random person that passed by in the moments. Seungri’s victims were drawn in by fascination. Pulled in by a safety net the doll created. Seungri victim’s wanted to see his eyes, feel those scars, and hear his stories. Seungri wanted his victims to feel as safe as possible before he tore through their skin. Seungri wanted to know that they chose their deadly fate before he watched their blood wash over his skin. He was the bane of Daesung sung existence.  Where Daesung was forced into sharing his life with a monster, Seungri just was one. However it didn’t matter, Seungri could kill thousands but they’d only ever see a doll. A beautiful, living doll would never hurt you. No.  A doll would sit still while you told it the horrors of your life. It would smile pretty but never, ever would it try to ripe your flesh from the very bone. Never.

So as Daesung watched this doll, he grew angry. The anger just built every time they came in contact. It rose with every sneer that escaped Seungri lips at the mention of being saved. It rose with every drop of blood that just slide of Seungri leaving no trace of itself. It rose with every recounted tell of Seungri of some poor soul the doll had forced off this earth and then he just couldn’t take it. He wanted him gone. This doll was mocking his very existence and he couldn’t handle it. He went crazy. He sent the doll flying across the room. He knew it hurt but the doll just looked at him like it was nothing.  Daesung was livid and the doll was nothing up against him. He could do it. He could take this doll away from the world. He could ripe this doll of its porcelain skin like it had done to so many others. He could. Yet, the time came but he wouldn’t do it. Not when the monster was refusing to come out. No, if he killed this doll he had to do it himself. The doll laughed at him. It was daring him and who was he to object. He crushed Seungri into a wall and looked into his eyes. For just a second something flashed in the dolls eyes. He didn’t know what it was or what it meant but it was enough.  Enough for Daesung to think that if he’s not alone in this world, maybe there’s hope.