Chapter 9

What Is Love?

Chapter 9

 

I couldn’t believe this really happen. Did Baekhyun hyung just said that he likes me? More than a dongsaeng? This wasn’t happening. No, this was just another beautiful dream and I would wake up later. But when I didn’t, I realize all of this was a reality. A freaking reality.

“W-what?” I stuttered, still didn’t believe the truth because this was too good to be true.

Baekhyun-hyung chuckled at my reaction before cupping his cheeks between his palms, making my cheeks turning red at the skinship. “I like you Jongin, more than a dongsaeng. How many times should I say it for you to understand?” He teased as his eyes twinkled in a playful manner.

“How? When? Why?” Baekhyun-hyung laughed again at my reaction making me huff at annoyance.

“You’re so cute, I think it has been quite long but I just realize it now.” Baekhyun-hyung hummed and smiled gently at him making my heart fluttered in happiness. Slowly my lips formed into a smile before pulling the smaller male into my arms, hugging him tightly. I could feel him hugging me back, making me sigh in happiness.

“I can’t believe this is happening hyung.” I murmured gently as I nuzzled into his neck, inhaling the scent which I love so much.

“Well, I’m glad that I make you happy but let’s go downstairs before Kyungsoo yells at us okay?” I chuckled at this and nodded my head before descending the stairs with Baekhyun-hyung hand in hand.

When we reached downstairs all the members were looking at out intertwined hands with a playful smile on their face. My face flushed at this and looked away in embarrassment, hearing erupted of laughter from the table and the man beside me. I huffed in annoyance at this and walking to the table before sitting down, ignoring the teasing looks from everybody.

“Chukae.” Sehun nudged me with his arm making me smile a bit. Baekhyun-hyung sat down next to me and grinned brightly at me. I couldn’t help to smile at him, hey he is my weakness after all. I scanned the food and saw my favourite fried chicken on one plate, I took it right away with my chopsticks and ate it happily.

I noticed Sehun and Baekhyun-hyung sighed in relief when I clamped a fried chicken with the chopsticks. What? Now Baekhyun-hyung turning weird too like Sehun. I just shrugged it off in the end and enjoyed the fried chicken inside my mouth. It tasted heavenly for me and I really couldn’t get enough of it. But then again Kyungsoo-hyung’s fried chicken was always the most delicious one, even beating one on the restaurant. He was a really great cook.

“So…how can you two get together?” I choked at the question as I looked up slowly, seeing the playful smirk on Kris hyung’s face. Baekhyun-hyung rubbed my back to help me and on the other hand Sehun gave me a glass of water which I received with a grateful smile before drinking it down my throat.

“He confessed to me.” Baekhyun-hyung answered making me choke on my drink and this time Sehun was the one who caressing my back.

“Aw our Jongin already grew up~” I heard Jongdae-hyung began to tease me making me cover my mouth with the back of my hand in embarrassment. I hate it when they were teasing me like this.

I scanned the people on the table and my eyes stopped at Chanyeol-hyung. I could see sadness on both of his eyes and it made me worried, I didn’t know why he had those expression on his face. Maybe I should ask him about it later because I still cared about Chanyeol-hyung, he was one of the closest members for me and I didn’t like it to see my hyung sad like that.

***

I couldn’t believe this was really happening. They are together. Like really together and when they announced their relationship, I almost broke down on the spot but of course I held it in. I didn’t want to ruin their happiness because of my feeling towards my best friend. I shouldn’t have this feeling towards Baekhyun but then again you couldn’t really control your heart, who to fall for because it would search for itself and my heart goes to Baekhyun.

He is just perfect for me and I wished that he thought the same way about me but no, Kim Jongin is the perfect one for him. Even though Jongin and I were pretty close but I was just hoping that Baekhyun would fall for me instead of him. Am I selfish? I don’t know.

When I finally finished the food, I excused myself to my room and cried my eyes out with the door closed. This wasn’t fair. I was closer with Baekhyun first but why he didn’t fall for me like I fall for him? Am I really that lacking? Maybe it was because I don’t have an amazing dancing skill like Jongin? Or maybe something else?

I really hoped all of this was just a nightmare and when I woke up, all of this would be disappear. Baekhyun would still be the closest for me but when I heard the laughter downstairs, I knew all of this was a reality. A cruel reality. I just wanted to disappear at this moment because it was ing hurt. People said everything happen for a reason but I didn’t get the reason behind all of this because I was hurting right here and I didn’t know how to make this pain go away.

 

Okay, first of all I'm deeply apologize for not updating for so long. I'm just addicted to this RoleplayRepublic site and rping there instead of updating my stories. /bows bows/. But one of you message me and tell me how you like this story and will always supporting me. I felt really happy that someone still remember this story and waiting for an updates even though I haven't update it like forever. Please forgive this lazy author of yours. I  wonder if someone still want to read this story but I really appreciate it if you leave me a comments and tell me what you think about it also if I should continue or not. Thanks ene