Why Can't We Be Normal?

Our Fish Son and his Monkey Boyfriend

Congratulations to MidnytRoze for winning my contest! Good job at guessing who Shindong and Nari's child was! THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE!!! The second chapter will be uploaded tomorrow!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

~

Donghae POV

 

It was 3rd period when I got the text from Minho. It said that Dad wanted me home right after school to talk to me about Hyukjae. It was obviously to point out everything he didn't like about my boyfriend.

I groaned as I slammed my locker shut. Why was my dad so....so....DAD-LIKE?!?! I really loved Hyukjae. Why couldn't he see that?!

Suddenly, a blonde boy called out to me.

"Donghae-ah! Wait up!" he yelled, jogging to me.

As he came nearer, I held my hand up for a high five. He slapped it and started to walk beside me.

"What's up, Sungmin?" I asked as I shifted the books in my arms.

Sungmin shrugged. Lee Sungmin was my best friend. We grew up together and he was dating my other best friend, Kyuhyun. Han Kyuhyun was my mom's best friend, Heechul, and his husband Hangeng's only child. I have no idea how a perfectionist, goodie-goodie bunny like Sungmin could end up with a notorious, smart  Kyuhyun, but they were happy together, so I was happy for them. Except when they made out in front of me. That I could do without.

The blonde tossed his pink scarf behind his neck as he asked me how dinner went the day before. I didn't say a word and grimaced at the white floor.

"That bad, huh?" Sungmin said.

I nodded.

"Why does my dad hate Hyukkie so much? He's only met him once!" I complained.

We arrived at the Chemistry classroom. Sungmin and I had this period together. I started ranting about how the dinner had gone and how ridiculous my dad and uncle had been when the bell rung.

Our Chemistry teacher was Taemin's dad, Mr. Lee Jinki. I heard from Taemin that ever since his mom passed away, his dad became obsessed with chicken because it was her favorite food.

Anyways, Mr. Lee stepped up to the chalk board and started to explain about hydrocarbons when I felt something hit my shoulder. I turned to see a piece of crumpled up paper. When I looked around to see who threw it, my friend Siwon winked at me.

I grinned at him and uncrumpled the note.

'How did the dinner with Hyukjae and your family go? I bet Mr. Kim went all "deadly judo-wrestler" on him. By the way, how's Minho and your mom doing? Always have faith in God.' it read.

I snickered when I saw the random sentence at the end. Ah, Shisus and his weird ways.

I looked over at Mr. Lee to make sure he was preoccupied (which he was) and quickly scribble down a note.

It said, 'Yeah, my dad went crazy on him. But Hyukkie's fine. My family's fine, too. My bro misses playing soccer with you.'

I tossed it back to him and quickly opened my textbook to look like I was studying. Sungmin gave me glare for not actually paying attention in class, but I just shrugged. Soon after, Siwon tossed another note to me.

This one said, 'That's great! I can come over today to hang out with you guys if you want. We can even pray together! Wouldn't that be fun? ^^'

I guffawed loudly and everyone went silent. Sungmin rolled his eyes and kicked me under the table. Mr. Lee turned away from the chalkboard to face me.

"Are you okay, Donghae-ah?" he asked, his glasses slipping down his nose.

I shook my head furiously as my cheeks turned a bright red. My teacher shrugged and continued on with the lecture. Sungmin took my note from me and tossed it in the trash can.

"Pay attention!" he whispered.

I pouted, but listened to him to because I was really doing poorly in Chemistry. I had a B right now! B is such a bad grade!!!

2 periods and boring pages of notes later, I went to my favorite class, Dance! It was the only class I shared with Hyukjae, as well as the only class I shared with my cousin and close friend, Kibum, who was a junior. Kibum was Uncle Shindong and Aunt Nari's youngest, his older brother being Changmin, who just happened to be our dance teacher, and his elder sister, Yoona, was a senior.

Seeing my handsome boyfriend, I ran over to him and planted a big kiss on his cheek. He grinned at me and hugged me, sending shrieks of "EWW, TOO FLUFFY!" around the classroom.

Changmin hyung coughed awkwardly and sent us a "that's nasty" look, but still smiling.

"Okay class, we're going to have a free day today, since my partner, Jaejoong, is sick. Do whatever you want as long as its legal for today!" he clapped.

Cheers echoed throughout the students as we all relaxed. Kibum walked over to me and Hyukjae, dragging a forever tired Yoona behind him.

"Hyungs! How'd your dinner yesterday go?" Kibum asked, tilting his head.

"Horrible..." I groaned.

My boyfriend ruffled Kibum's hair fondly.

"Your dad gave me the biggest scare! He pretended to be Mr. Kim!" he chuckled as Yoona suddenly stood up.

She grinned mischeviously.

"Guess who came up with the idea?" she said, rubbing her hands together like a villain.

My eyes went wide.

"No. You traitor!" I yelled, chasing her around the classroom.

She cackled, "You can't catch me you fishy!"

Hyukjae and Kibum just looked at us in amusement. The rest of the class stared at us in shock.

Eventually, Yoona and I both got tired and called a truce.

"I can't believe you gave Uncle Shindong that evil plan!" I pouted.

My cousin smiled at me sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Sorry?"

"Hmph! Do you know how much my baby suffered because of that?"

"Sorry?"

"Gosh, I thought we were friends!"

"Sorry?"

"Seriously, Yoona, if you got a boyfriend, I wouldn't do that to you! I wo-"

"Oh my Shisus, just SHUT UP! I'M SORRY, OKAY?! IT WON'T HAPPEN EVER AGAIN!"

"...Okay!"

I'm pretty sure that I saw Kibum facepalm from the corner of my eye. Hyukjae just shook his head, laughing.

My youngest cousin sighed, as he turned to Changmin, who walked up to us, clutching his stomach as he chortled.

"Hyung, why can't our family be normal?"

Changmin grew serious.

"Kibum. Its really just Donghae. He's pretty much the only weird one."

It took me a minute to process this. Then it hit me.

"Hey! That's mean!"