First Impression

Our Fish Son and his Monkey Boyfriend

Kangin POV

 

I know I'm overprotective of my eldest son, Donghae. It's obvious. As Headmaster of SJ Academy (which my two sons, Donghae and Minho, attend), I have quite a bit of authority over Donghae's boyfriends. I usually use my power to harrass the boys until they break it off with my son.

It's not that I don't want Hae to get a boyfriend. I'm not against his homouality either. I'm gay and happily married to my wife-I mean husband, Leeteuk. It's just that I think my sons deserve the best of the best, so I'm strict. Minho doesn't date anyone, so all of my fatherly instincts are used on Donghae, who actually does.

So its no suprise that I was livid when I found out that Donghae had been dating someone for 4 MONTHS without telling me.

"Dad, its no big deal. Its not like I want to marry Hyukjae. Well, I don't want to yet.." he trailed off.

My eyes grew wide as I gripped the fork in my hands and pounded on the dinner table, startling Leeteuk and Minho.

"MARRY? THERE WILL BE NO TALK OF MARRIAGE IN THIS HOUSEHOLD UNTIL YOU ARE 50!" I shouted.

Leeteuk rolled his eyes as he pushed me down into the chair.

He kissed the top of my head and said calmly, "Kangin. Honey, our Hae is grown up now. He's going to SM university in a couple months. Plus, it'll be summer vacation soon. They won't be able to see eachother as much now that Hae has to attend college prep classes."

Minho coughed a bit, surprised.

"Mom, you do realize that Hyukjae hyung is going to SM university, too, right?" he said, chewing on a piece of steak.

1...

2...

3...

4..

5...

"WHAT!!! THAT MONKEY IS GOING WITH MY SON TO A COLLEGE?!? WITH DORMS!?!? TELL ME YOU'RE NOT ROOMING WITH HIM! TELL ME!" I yelled, waving my fork like a mad man.

Teukie hit me on the head.

He sighed. "Kangin, calm yourself. Donghae's going to be rooming with Sungmin like he always does. Don't worry!"

"But-but, he-"

"No, Kangin. You have to promise me you'll be nice when it comes to Hyukjae. Or no  for a month."

"Eww...Mom, we're eating!" cried Donghae and Minho.

I hung my head in defeat.

"Fine."

"Thank you, baby."

We all continued eating quietly. I cut up my steak and silently chewed while Leeteuk, Donghae, and Minho did the same.

Donghae started talking a bit about dancing, but eventually stopped when he felt the awkward atmosphere. Leeteuk was oblivious to it as he started ranting on and on about how no one wanted to try the new recipe that he had made with Ryeowook, his cooking teacher. Suddenly, he smiled brightly.

"You know what? Hae, why don't you bring Hyukjae over for dinner tomorrow? That way, we can get to know him better!" my wife exclaimed, clapping.

What.

"It'll be fun!" Leeteuk laughed.

The.

"I'm sure it'll be a blast, mom." Minho grinned.

Hell.

"Sure, if he gets to sleep over." Donghae smiled.

"That's fine with me and your father. Knock yourselves out."

I just stared at him with my mouth open.

Leeteuk glared at me as he said coldly, "Close your mouth, yeobo, you'll catch flies."

'You know what? I can never win. I'll give up! Guess I'll just make Teukie happy.' I thought as I slammed the fork down in front of me. Everyone jumped and stared at the dent I made in the table. Their gaze lifted towards my face as I beamed at them.

"So...how's school going?"