There's a First Time for Everything

Big Bang’s TOP & EatYourKimchi’s Martina

When Martina gained consciousness, she found herself in a hospital room with a searing pain in her right shoulder. Simon was at her side and he jumped up and hugged her as she lay there.

“I’m so glad you’re alright!” Simon said to her as he squeezed her. Somehow though, she felt like she didn’t deserve this hug. Although she didn’t do anything with T.O.P, she still felt in her heart that she betrayed Simon slightly.

“Ducky,” she hugged him back, “what happened?”

“You fell down a flight of stairs and dislocated your shoulder, T.O.P brought you here.”

“I see,” she said. “Where is he now?”

“Trying to get through the paparazzi,” he said. “You and him are on every kpop tabloid magazine now.”

“What do they say?”

“Crazy things. T.O.P avoided answering any questions to the reporters, so they think he’s hiding something. A lot of them think that you’re having an affair with T.O.P or something. It’s ridiculous.”

Somehow, to Martina, although she didn’t have the affair, it doesn’t seem as ridiculous as Simon thinks it is.

“What happened? How did you fall down the stairs?”

“I, uh…” Martina hesitated. She didn’t want to tell Simon the full truth about T.O.P’s confession and what happened afterwards. Simon can get very livid about this and he might reveal it to the tabloids and ruin T.O.P’s career. She did not want that to happen to him. But she didn’t want to lie either “It’s nothing,” she answered, “I was just very clumsy. T.O.P called his driver to get him and he waited in the staircase. I wanted to tell him to come inside, and I fell in the process.”

Simon looked very hurt all of the sudden. “I don’t think you’re telling the truth,” he stated.

“Of course I’m telling the truth!” she said defensively, curious as to why Simon thought otherwise. “What makes you think I’m not telling the truth?”

“It’s just that you and T.O.P told me a completely different story.”

“What did T.O.P say happened?”

“He told me you wanted to go to the bathroom and then you tripped over Spudgy…”

“Well…” Martina hesitated. She didn’t know how to save herself, and so decided to just say: “that didn’t happen.”

“Why would he lie about it though? If you really just tripped down the stairs because you wanted to go get him, he wouldn’t lie about it. You both are hiding something!”

“I don’t know why he would lie about it. Ask him that question, not me. And Simon, why did you ask me how I tripped down the stairs when T.O.P already told you? To test me? Don’t you trust me enough? And now you’re accusing me of lying. As my husband that trusts me, you’re supposed to believe anything I say, no matter how ridiculous they are. I’m really hurt that you did this, Simon.”

“Why are you attacking me? You’ve never done that before! Never. Even if I wrong you. What happened, Martina! Something’s wrong here and you’re not telling me what it is! You’re the one who doesn’t trust me enough to tell me,” Simon’s tone of voice suddenly turned very angry, and Martina felt threatened by that.

“How dare you accuse me of not trusting you, when you’re the one who didn’t trust me and you’re the one accusing me of lying!” Martina responded back. For the first time ever, they were legitimately arguing.

“Martina, you’re changing the subject. Tell me what you’re hiding. I won’t judge you for it…”

Martina’s jaw dropped, “I can’t believe it.”

“What?”

“You think it’s something bad, don’t you? Do you think I betrayed you or something? Do you believe the in the tabloids about having an affair with him?”

“No, of course not.”

“Then why did you even consider the possibility that it’s something you could judge me for!” she yelled.

“Martina, why are you acting like this?”

Martina was too angry to respond. She was truly angry with her husband for assuming things and not trusting her. This was really the first time he’d done something like this, and she wasn’t forgiving him for it until he sincerely apologizes.

Simon was also angry at Martina. She was hiding something; she didn’t deny it. She isn’t saying what it was. Whatever it was, Simon was desperate to find out.

It’s all his fault, thought Simon. It’s his fault we’re drifting apart. I will get him. Just you wait, Choi Seunghyun. I’m going to make you pay.