Martina's Devil

Big Bang’s TOP & EatYourKimchi’s Martina

“I…umm… uh, what?” she asked making sure she heard it right.

“Go out with me,” TOP said nearing her and she stepped back.

“I… I’m married,” she stuttered, still frozen in disbelief.

“I know,” he responded, suddenly feeling guilty, “but I can’t help myself. Tell me, Mrs. Stawski, is it really my fault? You can’t control whom you love, and I happened to fall in love with you. It’s beyond my control.”

Martina jaw hung open and she shook her head, “no, no, no. Please leave,” she said pointing to the door.

“So you do blame me?” TOP said raising his shoulders slightly and his face flashing a pouty look.

“I blame you for asking me! You can like me but you don’t just go around asking out married women!” she fumed, her nostrils flaring and her face red. TOP had never seen her like this. Martina had always been cheerful and happy-go-lucky. She was always so full of positivity in her videos. For the first time ever, TOP saw anger in her eyes.

“I’m sorry,” he bowed to her, feeling suddenly so guilty for asking her out in the first place, “but I began loving you so much, it hurt not to try my luck and see if I had a chance. It hurt keeping it all inside, and I couldn’t take it anymore. Mrs. Stawski, if you would just consider it. I would be faithful and I would treasure you more than your husband ever had. You see how Simon fanboys over Brown Eyed Girls’ Gain, I wouldn’t even think of looking at anyone else like your husband does…”

“Oh shut up!” Martina exclaimed angrily. “I fangirl over K-Pop boys all the time, Simon rarely calls any girl hot. Stop thinking it bothers me that he calls Gain hot. It doesn’t. I love him with everything I have and nothing will ever replace him. Not even you!”

“I would take you places around the world. You can go on tour with me. You can mee thte rest of Big Bang. You will never have financial issues ever for the rest of your life. I will buy you diamond rings and gold and rubies…”

“Just leave please!” Martina couldn’t take it anymore.

“You’ll quit this eatyourkimchi business that you have. I know that it’s stressful being Internet famous. I know how netizens make you feel. I know it’s hard receiving all of this hate. Just think about it. With me, you’ll never have to experience all of that crap ever again.”

“Stop it! Just leave. I love eatyourkimchi, I don’t need your money and I am more than happy with Simon. So just stop!” she yelled, about to burst into angry tears. She was provoked by what TOP had said, more provoked then she had ever been her entire life. Somehow, the life he presented to her felt so appealing, and she hated herself for thinking that. How can she think of a life with TOP as appealing? How can she even think about a life with TOP in the first place? Why did her heart for a split second consider it? Why? She was angry. At herself more than she was at TOP, but she was angry.

TOP is hot. He is talented. He is funny. He is rich and famous. I would live my live freely with him. I could avoid the eatyourkimchi haters and netizens. I could… the devil was whispering to her. The devil was tempting, but Martina was stronger. She kept her angry face on and looked at TOP condescendingly, pointing at the door, her eyes telling him to scram immediately.

She took a moment to look at TOP’s face and saw regret painted all over it. He looked heartbroken and emotionally shattered, and her anger subsided at that very moment and she realized that she had hurt him. She was acting impolite and her anger was controlling her actions. This was not the way she is; it was not in her nature to act angry, even if someone had wronged her.

“I’m sorry,” she said guiltily. This was not his fault. He did not deserve to be treated this way, to be looked at the way Martina was looking at him. “I overreacted. It was just that- you shocked me. You can stay, but please accept my rejection to your offer.”

“I understand,” he nodded sadly. “Please call me if you change your mind though. I won’t be over you anytime soon.”

“Please get over me.”

“If I sing a love song in my future promotions, please know that it would be directed at you.” With that, he bowed, kissed her cheek, and left her there stunned at what had just occurred.