hate you more

Guardian Angels (So they say)

 

Momo's POV: "So how longer do we have to stay at Niko's?" Sammy asked hanging upside down on my bed. Seeing how depressed we all were after Thunder's death he let us stay longer. "We might leave today." I mumbled typing quickly on my laptop. I hope Baro and Ray are ok... I squinted at the bright light. I need to find my moms grave...I want to see her. I now realize how much I have lost.. I closed my laptop quickly and Sammy jumped and stared at me for a moment. "You thinking about your mom again?" I nodded and let my feet hang off the bed. "You know...We should visit her." I know we could. "Niko is pretty nice to let you use his laptop. Ray still seems pretty protective with him around you." I felt my cheeks turn red as she raised a eyebrow at me. I just simply nodded, if I didn't I would probally start gushing. "You both wondered off by yourselves when we started to head towards the house. What were you guys doing?" Her voice started rising with excitement when I fidgeted uneasily. "We...just..sat down and looked at the stars." I looked out the tiny window as the pale light shined through only lighting half of the room. "Oh my god! You kissed him didn't you!" Sammy pinned me down on the bed and we both started laughing. Her long brown hair tickled my nose. "Ok yeah we did." She giggled and let me get up. "Is he a good kisser? I want all the details." I layed beside her on my stomach. "I..don't know how to explain it." Sammy grunted with annoyance and shoved me hard and palyfully causing me to nearly fall off the bed.I gripped my white puffy blankets and took a deep breath. "Alright..Well...he has super soft lips and the kiss was really long." I said quickly avoiding Sammy's excited squeals. "Really? I knew he liked you and you like him." I rolled my eyes annoyed and gently pushed her off the bed. She landed hard on the carpet that shook the dresser. We both laughed and I ran out quickly before she could get up. I stopped as I heard voices in the living room, it echoed off the walls. "Ray scoot over in case the girls come down." I felt my heart race at the mention of his name. I slowly walked down the hallway and walked in the kitchen. I walked in and everyone smiled warmly at me. "Were eating breakfeast. Care to join us?" Niko pointed to the seat next to him. I nodded and fixed myself a plate and sat in the wooden chair in front of Ray. He glanced up at me his blue eyes burning into mine. "So..you sleep good?" He asked and took a bite of pancakes. I nodded and blushed as he flipped his hair. Baro cleared his throat and I looked up at him quickly. I awkwardly looked away from Ray and he gave a amused chuckle. I heard Sammy stomp down the hallway and she stretched as she sat down beside me. "Oh that looks good." Sammy went wide eyed as she saw the hot steaming bacon. I nodded and Niko looked at me through narrowed eyes. I gulped nervously and grabbed my cup of orange juice. Ray gave me a curious look. What did I do to Niko? "Ray, can I talk to you after your done?" Niko said suddenly setting down his fork. Ray looked stunned but he nodded. "Sure. I'm done now." They both stood up and Niko looked at me then to Ray concern is his blue eyes. Baro mouthed what did you do? I shrugged and Sammy ran her fingers through her long brown hair. I stood up quickly and followed Ray and Niko making sure to keep quiet. I froze as I heard gentle footsteps behind me. I turned around quickly and Baro and Sammy stopped beside me. "We want to know to. We got your back." Baro whispered poking his head around the corner. Sammy slapped her hand over Baro's mouth. "Shut up or we will be caught!" I shushed both of them.

             Ray's POV: I sat on the soft bed and watched Niko pace back and forth. "From what I hear from Sammy, You and Momo kissed?" I felt my body tense up. Niko folded his arms as he stared at me. "Yes..but we didn't do anything wrong." I mumbled feeling anger rise in me. So what if I like her..I'm not doing anything wrong...right? Niko sighed and sat beside me. "Ray..Your a angel...A dark angel. You can't love her or anyone." I clenched my fist and sighed. "I know but I'm just as normal as you.I have feeling just like you." Niko put his hand on my shoulder and I flinched on his firm grip. "I'm sorry but you know what happens if you fall in love with someone." I looked at the carpet and it seemed like my heart was breaking. "Your a demon. Demons can't love, they don't even feel it. You'll only hurt her." I stood up and stood nose to nose with him. I gripped his collar of his shirt and squeezed it so hard my knuckles turned red. "You don't know what I feel." I slowly lifted him off the ground and his blue eyes were wide with fear and surprise. I took a deep breath and put him down. He tensed up and I could tell he was trying to control his temper. "Just listen to me. Your going to get her killed so please just...erase her memory of her feelings for her." I looked deep into his blue eyes. Should I? Just let her..go? "If she gets killed just because of your selfishness." Niko growled at me. "Fine. I will do it." I choked out. I quickly turned around from him and slammed the door hard from behind me. He's right...If I love her she will just end up hurting her. I walked down the hallway trying to control my emotions. "You looking for me?" I jumped as I heard Momo's gentle voice from behind me. "Yeah. Can I talk to you?" She stared deep into my eyes that were full of emotion. She nodded and looked away. We walked slowly down the hall and I glanced at her and realized she was smiling at me. I chuckled "You look like a clown. You always smile." She smiled even bigger making my heart race. "I can't help it when I'm with you." I gulped and looked away. We walked in her room and she sat on her bed slowly. "Niko...found out about our kiss."  I sat beside her and she tensed up. "What did he say?" I couldn't even look into her concerned eyes. I slowly reached for her hands and she gasped in surprise. I felt comforted by the warmth of them. "He wants me to make you forget about your feelings for me." I closed my eyes for a moment. "I don't want to forget!" Her voice cracked and I opened my eyes and I saw tears stream down her cheeks. "You got to or you'll just get hurt."  She wiped away her tears and she took a deep breath. "I know I won't forget. I promise." I felt the wet tears blur my vision and they streamed down my cheeks. "Look into my eyes.." She gulped and stared into my eyes and I felt my heart break as she started letting go of my hand. "I love you." I whispered and I felt more tears streams down my face. As if she was frozen she didn't move for a moment. I quickly dried my eyes with my sleave. "Wow what are we doing in here?" She said all of a suddnely jumping up looking around. I cleared my throat. "You fell in the kitchen and got knocked out. Are you ok?" I pretended to go up to her and check her for scrapes. "Yeah I'm just dizzy." She whispered with a confused expression. I watched her walk away from me. Niko poked his head in the room and I saw nothing but sympathy in his eyes. "I'm sorry.." He put his cold hand on my shoulder. "Yeah...I hope your happy now." I shoved past him and stomped down the hallway. "Did I really fall hard?" Momo mumbled standing beside Sammy who looked really lost. I gave her a warning look. "Yeah..You out." Momo puffed out her cheeks and ran towards Baro. "What's all this about?" Sammy whispered walking towards me. "I had to erase her feelings for me." Her eyes went wide and she covered . I never thought I'd hurt this much..I looked at Baro who tickled Momo and he glanced at me and smiled. Momo jumped on his back. I felt tears in my eyes as she smiled her bright smile at him. Bye..

                        Sammy's POV: I heard Niko walk up behind us and he put his hand on my shoulder. "It's for the best. He can't love her."  I bit my tongue from stopping myself from yelling at him. "Yes they can. They might be different but they have feelings. Thunder loved me.."  Niko gave me a long look and just crossed his eyes. "Thunder is different. He is a angel of peace and love." I walked away with anger surging in me and I sat on the soft couch and layed down. I closed my eyes and I heard Momo's giggles and sighed. It must kill Ray to see her with Baro...but it's for the best. I felt somebody sit beside me and I opened my eyes and looked up and Ray looked down at me and gave a tiny smile at me. "Stay strong. We got this." I did a fighting pose and Momo cheered. "Yeah! Oreos fighting!" We all laughed and she smuggly sat on Baro's lap. I sat up and Niko sat beside me smiling like nothing happened. "Anything else poor Ray has to do?" I mumbled to him challengingly. "Yeah..In order for her to channel her power then she has to expiernce hate towards someone who she cares the most for."  Ray was leaning over my shoulder in order to hear. "What?!" I yelled standing up with his fist clenched. Momo stood in front of him before he could hit Niko. "No. Please don't hurt Niko. I don't know what he said but if you guys fight I will be very sad because your both my best friends."  Ray just stared at Momo like she just slapped him. Niko was shielding his face with his hands up. Ray looked at Niko for a long time. "That doesn't matter to me. I could care less." He said so quietly I had to strain to listen. We all gasped including Momo. "W-What? Ray..." Momo squeaked. Ray looked away and his fist were clenched so tight I thought he would break his fingers. "I'm your guardian but not your slave."  Momo had tears in her blue eyes and she looked at me like the world just died. "You know what?! I don't care what you think of me. Your supposed to be my friend but I guess not." Her voice cracked with the sadness. She stomped off with Baro giving a glare at Ray before running after her. "Ray?" I whispered walking over to him slowly. "Now she hates me." He mumbled looking at me with regret in his blue eyes. I wish we could erase all those horrible memories of his. "I promise it will be better in the end." Niko gave a reassuring thumbs up. "I'm going in my room." Ray mumbled glaring with so much hatred at Niko. Niko huffed and shook his head as he watched Ray stomp upstairs. "I can't believe your making him do this." I  shoved my way past him a great effort. I stomped upstairs where Momo was. I heard her whispering to Baro. I walked in and she was laying on Baro with her head on his chest. I sat on the bed beside her. "Sammy...I'm sad." She whimpered sitting up. "Want to talk about it?" I whispered her soft black hair. "Why is Ray so mean all a sudden?" She looked into my eyes and I flinched. "He's just has alot of emotion inside him." Baro raised a eyebrow at me. Does Baro even care? Irratation burned inside me at that thought. "I don't know what's wrong." She rested her head in her hands in deep thought. "It's ok. Don't worry about it."  Momo gave me a weak smile. "Maybe I should talk to him..Will you come with me?" She grabbed my arm and started shaking me making me rock back and forth. "Fine." What if we can fix everything? We stood up and walked down the hallway. Momo grabbed my hand and I heard her nervous breathing. I knocked on the door and I heard footsteps walk towards the door. It opened and Ray stood in front of it. He stared at me then at Momo then back again. "Can we come in?" I mumbled my voice shaking with nervousness. "Fine." He mumbled letting us inside. Momo smiled at Ray hopfully but he just stared at her like she didn't even matter at all. That was..cold. Momo trudged towards me. "I wanted to say sorry." Momo mumbled sitting close beside me. Ray stared at us and stood in front of us. "It's not your fault you are the way you are." I felt Momo tense up beside me. Ray looked away as I saw tears in his eyes. "I apoligize and you said that?!" Momo stood up her body trembling with anger. Ray looked at her with the slightest trace of sadness. "Because it's true." Momo stared at him with nothing but anger. "I thought you were my friend. I cared about you!" Her voice roasen to a yell. Ray stared at me with no expression. "Were aren't friends. I don't care about you." Momo froze and I saw a tear stream down her face. She stomped over to him and roase her hand and slapped him hard. "Leave me alone! I hate you!" She yelled and ran out the door. Ray stood there and touched his red cheek. "I'm so sorry." He whispered. Momo...were sorry.

                          Baro's POV: I froze as Momo ran towards me with tears in her eyes. "Baro..." She started sobbing and I held her close to her. What happened back there? "What happened?" I whispered her black hair. "Ray told me he didn't care about me." I thought Ray liked her? maybe even loved her...I clenched my fist as I saw Ray walk by us. Momo let out a sniffle and shoved me away from her and ran upstairs. Ray stared at me his blue eyes freezing me in place. "Why did you say that?" I mumbled walking over to him. He gave a grin. "Why would you care? because I don't." I felt anger burn in me and I glared at him. "You have no idea how sad you made her." Ray stared at me with nothing but regret in his eyes. I let out a gasp as he looked away quickly. "I don't care. Just let it go Baro." He said challengingly. I slowly walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder for him to face me. "Face me when I talk to you." I said getting in his face. "I'm serious Baro. Shut up." He shoved me hard making me stumble. "Then tell me what's going on. I thought you loved her. You just abonded her!" I yelled and froze as his fist hit me hard in the jaw. I jerked backwards and I tasted the blood in my mouth. "No I didn't it's not your business." I walked up to him again and nailed him right in the stomach knocking the air out of him. "When it comes to her yes it is."  He punched me hard in the stomach and he elbowed me in the head causing me to fall hard on the cold wooded floor. Pain surged through my side and I forced myself to get up. "You wouldn't understand me..." His voice cracked with pain. I charged at him punching him in the mouth and then in the stomach and in the eye. He stumbled backwards blood trickling down his lip. "You betrayed us...You demon." I growled in anger. He went wide eyed and pulled out his silver gun and held it up to my head. I flinched as I felt the cold silver. "Shut up..You know nothing about me. youv'e never cared. You are so lucky though..You have Momo. You can love her,see her smiling all the time. You have friends who love you. I don't have that..." I looked at Ray who had tears in his blue eyes. "I wish I could be like you."  I felt tears form in my eyes and I gave him a huge hug. "It's ok. you have us." I felt him drop the gun. Poor Ray...So he really does love Momo. I heard someone running down the hallway and Sammy stared at us wide eyed. "Guys where's Momo?" Me and Ray  both stopped and looked at her. "She's gone?" Ray mumbled and started pacing. I felt my heart race with panic. Vampires could get her..."We got to go after her." I whispered. Sammy and Ray stared at me for a long time with concern in their eyes. "I agree. But she's not as helpless as we think." Niko said suddenly approaching us wiping down a black gun. Ray glared at him and leaned against the wall. "We never did say that." I flinched on how cold his voice was towards him. I thought they were close. Niko stared at me for a long time. "You didn't see her leave? What were you doing out here?" I gulped as everyone looked at me. Ray stood beside me and looked at me with his long black bangs in his face. "We were talking things out. It's not his fault."  Sammy was wide eyed with shock. Ray never stood up for anyone..."I'm sorry." I whispered as Niko snorted unbelieveingly. "Lets go. Or we will never find her." Sammy mumbled grabbing a gun. Momo..I hope she will be ok. I wonder why she ran off. "Stop day dreaming and take this." Niko said handing me a silver gun like Ray's in my hand. Let's go. 

                Momo's POV: I wrapped my arms around myself to shelter myself from the cold. I had to leave...I can't stand all this violence anymore. I started shuddering and the tall bulidngs loomed over me blocking out the moonlight. Iv'e never felt so alone. But i'm not helpless.. I saw the mist of my breath as I sighed. "It's freezing. I don't even know where I'm going."  I whispered looking around. I froze as I heard footsteps behind me that echoed off the empty road. I turned around qucikly and a black figure walked towards me at a fast pace. I put my hand in my pocket and squeezed Ray's silver gun. The cold silver gave me hope and I prepared myself. The figure continued walking towards me quickly. "Hello?" I said suprised at how calm I sound. The figure didn't respond. "Momo...." I growled and stopped dead in front of me. I felt my body tremble with fear. What is this thing? Is it a vampire?  I slowly pulled out my silver gun and the figure looked up and I could finally see it's face. It growled and I realized it deffinetly wasn't a human. It's pale white face and it had dark deep black holes as eyes. It's sharp shark teeth stuck out of it's mouth. I jumped back with a terrrified scream and shooted the gun with out thinking as it walked towards me. The bulled ricashade off the huge white building missing the demon. It roared with anger and grabbed my arm with it's long alien like fingers. I screamed in pain as a burning sensation went through me. I yanked free and shot it in the arm. It let out a yelp kind of like a dog. I kicked it hard in the stomach and it fell back wards for a moment. It jumped up and hissed at me and ran full speed at me and it crashed into me hard knocking me into the huge white building. Pain numbed me and I layed dazed on the cold sidewalk. The creature walked over to me and grabbed  me by the front of my black jacket. I struggled to breathe as it picked me up off the ground. It's black empty eyes burned into mine and it's foul breath nearly made me puke. It raked its long claws across my face and blood trickled down my face. It let out a deep evil laugh that sounded non humanly. It pulled me closer and it's mouth expanded opening wide. It's going to eat me! "Ray!" I screamed trying to kick away from the creature. I heard footsteps running towards us fast and the creature looked away from me sharply and I saw Ray in front of the creature his blue eyes a deep green. Ray grabbed the creature and flipped it over his shoulder. It let me go and I fell onto the ground and coughed. Sammy leaned over me and gently  touched my scratches. "It's ok." She whispered putting her jacket over me. I let out a gasp of horror as the creature as pinned Ray against the wall him off the ground. Blood poured down his face and he looked exhausted. Baro ran over to the creature and shot it in the back of the head. Blood splattered on them and the creature fell backwards and Ray walked away from it and towards me. Despite everything that happened...I am still mad at him. I turned away sharply from him. "Are you ok?" I heard Baro behind me and buried my face in his chest. "I'm fine." I whispered my voice hoarse. I looked over my  shoulder as Ray said my name so quietly I thought I imagined it. "What?" I growled. I walked towards him and his blue eyes turned silver in the moonlight. "I'm so sorry." He whispered looking down. Why is he apologizing? I snorted. "Well I'm not forgiving you. You said that stuff to me." I crossed my eyes and he slowly looked up and a tear fell from  his cheek. "R-Ray?" I whispered walking up to him. "What am I to you?" He whispered his blue eyes all teared up. I felt my heart race, what is he to me? I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I awkwardly looked down. He lifted up my chain and I looked into his blue eyes. "You mean the world to me.. I don't need a heart to live as long as your with me." I felt my cheeks turn red. I steped away from him. "No...I don't even..like you like that." I flinched at how hurt he looked. He stepped foreword and pressed his soft lips against mine. The world seemed to spin and I closed my eyes blissfully. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I love him..I rememeber everything. From our first kiss...I can't believe how this happened..Ray..