Intertwined Colors

Finding Her Heart

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”

-Thorton Wilder

 

 

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Hey.”

“Yuri?”

“Yep. Are you busy now?”

“Uhhh not really. Seohyun had just fallen asleep after the doctor checked up on her.”

“Nice. Hungry?”

“Kind of…”

“Wanna grab some lunch?”

“Sure.”

“Okay. I’ll meet you up at the hospital’s lobby then. I’m on my way.”

“See you. Be safe!”

“See you!”

A permanent smile was on Tiffany’s face after Yuri’s phone call. She immediately checked herself on the small mirror at the corner of Seohyun’s room, put on a little make-up, smoothened her white loose top and fitted jeans. She wanted to make sure that she looked effortlessly beautiful.

“Going out?”

Tiffany turned around and saw Hyoyeon leaning on the doorway of the hospital’s room.

She smiled at her friend. “Will just eat lunch outside.”

“Alone?”

“With a friend.” Tiffany shrugged and grabbed her bag on the couch.

“Oh~” Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany from head to toe. “Well enjoy your lunch then! I’ll keep an eye on Seohyun!”

“Thanks Hyo! See you later!” Tiffany grinned widely and made her way out of the room.

Hyoyeon chuckled. Looking that gorgeous for just eating lunch with a friend… she shook her head. Well, I’m happy to see you opening up your heart again.. I wonder who is this wonderful person… she thought as she closed the door.

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

“This place is so cosy.. I wonder how I didn’t stumble upon this place when I was still living in Seoul.” Tiffany scanned the serene restaurant again, appreciating the paintings hanging on the wall and the potted plants that made the place calmer.

Yuri put down the menu on her hands. “This restaurant just opened last year. I guess you weren’t in Seoul already at that time?”

“Oh..” Tiffany nodded her head and faced the girl across her. “Too bad, if this had just opened a little earlier, I must’ve taken her here.” Tiffany mumbled to herself.

Yuri knew whom Tiffany was referring to. She saw the sadness and twinge of regret in the girl’s eyes. However, she didn’t want to ruin a beautiful day so she racked her brain to change the topic. “So… what would you want to order?”

Tiffany snapped out of her daze. “I’ll get whatever you’re going to order.”

Yuri nodded and motioned for the waiter to come. The waiter jotted down their orders and repeated them before bowing and walking away.

“I ordered you a strawberry milkshake. It’s pink.” Yuri said and grinned at Tiffany.

Tiffany’s eyes lightened up at the word ‘pink’. “Wow! How did you know I like pink? Did Jessica tell you that again?”

Yuri shook her head. “Seohyun told me… and it was kinda obvious you know.”

“Too embarrassing! Everyone is gagging about me behind my back.” Tiffany pouted.

Yuri chuckled at Tiffany’s cute expression. “Don’t worry. It’s cute.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened at Yuri’s comment. Did she just call me cute??? She could feel her cheeks turning into the shade of strawberry. Luckily, the waiter served their orders and saved her from further embarrassment.

“Well then. Eat well, Tiffany!”

“Y-You too.” She stuttered and kept her head low.

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

“Yuri-yah! Where are we going?” Tiffany stopped from running and bended down, placing her hands on her knees.

Yuri stopped from her tracks and turned around. “Come on, we’re going to miss it!”

“Miss what?!” Tiffany asked, still catching her breath.

“You’ll know soon.” Yuri grabbed Tiffany’s hand and pulled her into a run.

Tiffany felt Yuri’s soft yet firm grip on her hand. She was shocked, yet it felt so nice. She could feel herself blushing from their contact. She suppressed a smile and surrendered at Yuri.

“Wow!” Tiffany exclaimed as they halted in front of the street full of vibrant flowers.

Some people were admiring the outdoor flower exhibit, whilst the others are watching the dance performers on a mini stage.

“Beautiful, right?” Yuri grinned and tightened her hand on Tiffany.

Tiffany nodded and watched the performers in awe. “It’s been a while since I last attended the Spring Festival.”

 

 

 

‘Taetae! This is too beautiful!’

‘I know! Yah! Calm down! Stop tugging on my uniform!’

‘I can’t help it!’

Taeyeon chuckled at the jumping girl beside her. She then held Tiffany’s hand and pulled her.

‘Are we going to go now? Wait! I haven’t looked around yet!’

‘We’ll do that later.’ Taeyeon dragged Tiffany away from the crowd.

Tiffany found herself being dragged in a meadow full of vibrant cherry blossoms. She scanned the surroundings and found no other individuals aside from her and Taeyeon.

‘What are we doing here?’ She looked at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon’s breath seemed to be caught in her lungs. She couldn’t breathe properly. She felt the cold sweat trickle down her forehead.

‘Hey? What’s wrong? Are you okay?’

Taeyeon squeezed Tiffany’s hand, never wanting to let it go. ‘I need to tell you something.’

‘What is it?’

Taeyeon looked deeply at Tiffany’s eyes. She swore she could stare at those forever.

‘I…. I like you, Tiffany.’

Tiffany’s eyes rounded in shock, she put her free hand on .

Seeing Tiffany’s reaction, Taeyeon already knew the answer. She could hear her heart breaking through her chest. She looked down and was about to pull away when Tiffany pulled their intertwined hands closer.

Taeyeon looked back at Tiffany, and saw her eyes forming into a beautiful pair of crescents. She sighed in relief and nervousness. She took this as a sign to continue.

‘C-can you be my uhh… my girlfriend..?’

Tiffany’s eyes completely disappeared after hearing Taeyeon’s question. She wanted to jump and pounce on the stuttering girl in front of her.

She’s so cute! Tiffany thought and leaned forward. She could feel Taeyeon freezing in front of her. She felt Taeyeon’s grip tighten on her hand. She inched forward, feeling Taeyeon’s warm breath in her face.

Tiffany smiled before capturing Taeyeon’s lips. It felt so soft, so sweet, so right. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach. She closed her eyes.

Taeyeon’s grip loosened, but didn’t let go on Tiffany’s hand as she succumbed into Tiffany’s lips. She kissed back. Feeling those lips that she often kissed in her dreams, she didn’t expect she would be able to kiss the real ones. She closed her eyes, savouring the sweet moment.

‘I’ll take that as a yes?’ Taeyeon was still smiling after their kiss.

Tiffany nodded. ‘I like you too, Taeyeon. Very much.’ She placed a quick peck on Taeyeon’s lips.

Taeyeon was blushing tremendously. Tiffany laughed at the sight.

‘Yah! You look like a tomato!’

‘Shut up! It’s your fault!’ Taeyeon pouted and looked down.

Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s face and kissed her again, causing the latter to blush some more.

‘Awww my girlfriend is so cute when blushing!’ Tiffany teased.

Taeyeon could feel herself blushing even some more. She didn’t know she could blush this extremely.

‘You could only blush because of me, though.’ Tiffany pinched Taeyeon’s cheek.

‘Becoming too possessive huh?’

‘Yes! You’re only mine! You’re my Taetae!’

Tiffany let her tongue out and dragged Taeyeon’s hand which never let go of hers. ‘Come on, time to enjoy the festival!’

Taeyeon could feel herself becoming even redder. She smiled and followed her Miyoung.

 

 

 

Tiffany and Yuri were enjoying the exhibit and performances, their hands never letting go of each other. They didn’t notice that it was already dinnertime, so they decided to go and buy food. Tiffany remembered to call Hyoyeon about Seohyun and excused herself to go to a quiet corner.

“Yul!!!!!” A loud voice called from the crowd and Yuri saw an arm waving in the air amongst the bunch of people.

Yuri quickly recognized the skinny arm. She chuckled and waited for her friend to approach her.

“Hey! I didn’t expect to see you here!”

“Me too! I thought you were busy?”

“But I heard there will be free food soooo…”

“Shikshin!”

Yuri and Sooyoung laughed and chatted some more.

Tiffany couldn’t contact Hyoyeon, the latter’s phone was off. She just decided to send her a text message.

She walked back to Yuri. “Yuri.” She was too busy typing at her phone that she didn’t notice the other girl.

“Hey.” Yuri answered. Sooyoung was raising her brow whilst watching the two.

“I couldn’t contact Hyoyeon. I just sent her a message telling I will be back after dinner.”

Yuri nodded, she had completely forgotten about Sooyoung when the latter made a loud sound of clearing .

Tiffany looked at the tall girl in front of them with a puzzled expression.

“Tiffany, this is my best friend and colleague, Sooyoung.” Yuri gestured at Sooyoung. “And Soo, this is Tiffany.”

“Hi!” Sooyoung grinned and extended her hand.

“Hello, Sooyoung!” Tiffany smiled widely and quickly shook Sooyoung’s hand.

“KkabYul didn’t tell me that she has someone beautiful to accompany her here in Seoul.”

“KkabYul?”

“Yuri. That’s her nickname.”

“Oh!” Tiffany nodded and looked at Yuri.

Sooyoung secretly winked at Yuri who has a disapproving look on her face.

“We’re going to eat dinner. Wanna join us?” Tiffany asked.

“I’d love too!” Sooyoung excitedly clapped her hands.

“She loves everything about food.” Yuri said smugly.

“Yah!” Sooyoung playfully hit Yuri’s shoulders. “At least I don’t stick my tongue out whilst sleeping!”

Yuri’s eyes widened from embarrassment and Tiffany laughed whilst clapping her hands.

“Let’s go now! I’m starving!” Sooyoung said and started walking jumpily.

Tiffany followed and held Yuri’s hand when the latter didn’t even budge to move.

“Don’t be embarrassed. It’s cute.” She pulled Yuri before laughing again.

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

Their dinner was filled with chatters and laughter, mostly Sooyoung making fun of Yuri.

Yuri excused herself when Chief Lee called, leaving Sooyoung and Tiffany at the table.

“So.. What do you think about Yul?” Sooyoung asked whilst finishing off her food.

“She’s very nice. She takes care of us.”

“Us?”

“Me and my daughter.”

Sooyoung almost choked at Tiffany’s answer. “You’re married?!”

Tiffany nodded. “I’m a widow, nonetheless.”

“Oh.. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Tiffany smiled to assure Sooyoung.

Sooyoung wiped . “I didn’t expect you to be this close to Yuri since you two have only known each other for almost a month.”

Tiffany leaned her arms forward on the table. “Why is that?”

“She doesn’t let anyone ‘in’ that easily because of her past. Well, it’s quite different with you. And regarding what happened in her past, don’t ask me; just ask her directly if you’re curious.”

Tiffany absorbed Sooyoung’s words. She also doesn’t let anyone ‘in’ that easily ever since Taeyeon left, yet it’s quite different with Yuri too.

“Hey.” Yuri sat back down on her seat beside Tiffany.

Tiffany merely smiled at her and sipped her drink.

“What’s with you two? Why are you so quiet?”

Sooyoung took a bite before answering. “We just finished talking.” She looked at her watch and gasped realizing what time it is already “Crap!” She cursed under her breath and stuffed all of her remaining food in in one go. She just pointed at the door and bowed at the two since she couldn’t say her goodbye, and ran off.

Yuri and Tiffany chuckled at Sooyoung’s behaviour. “Done eating?”

Tiffany nodded and grabbed her bag. “Let’s go! Thanks for dinner.”

Yuri smiled and followed Tiffany.

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

Tiffany watched the clear waters of the Han River, as the spring breeze blew upon them.

Yuri draped the other side of her coat on Tiffany’s shoulder, whilst the other side was on her. Just like what she did on the previous night.

“Thanks.” Tiffany mumbled.

“How is Seohyun’s condition?”

“She’s getting better and better each day. Taeyeon’s heart is really for her.”

“Taeyeon?”

Tiffany looked at the girl beside her, but she decided to look back at the waters when she realized how close they are. “Ye-Yeah.. After Taeyeon’s accident, the doctors found out that her heat was the perfect match for Seohyun.”

“Wow….. That was… bittersweet.” Yuri was still amused.

“Exactly. Taeyeon and I once visited the orphanage in the island when we were on vacation. The moment she saw Seohyun, she immediately wanted to adopt her, especially after knowing Seohyun’s illness. She said that she wanted to give Seohyun a family since the child might not live that long…. Well, I guess that was destiny. She was fated to save Seohyun….”

Yuri noticed Tiffany’s glistening eyes. She held Tiffany’s hand. “I’m sorry. I know how much it hurts speaking about this.”

A tear trickled down on Tiffany’s cheeks, she quickly wiped it. “Yuri… I have something to ask.”

“What is it?”

Tiffany looked at Yuri who was looking back at her, not minding the close proximity of their faces. “Why did you let me ‘in’ that easily?”

Yuri understood what Tiffany was trying to say. She also asked herself. Yuri stared at Tiffany’s eyes. And there, she found the answer, yet she couldn’t verbalize it. “I-I don’t know…. But, please don’t think that I am doing all of these out of pity. I am sincere Tiffany. I just… I just couldn’t find the words to answer your question.”

Tiffany understood. She felt relief when she knew that Yuri wasn’t doing this just out of pity.

“And why did you?” It was Yuri’s turn to ask.

Tiffany didn’t expect the question back at her. “I-I was asking that myself too.” She stuttered.

Yuri chuckled. “Well I guess that makes the two of us a pair of clueless babo!”

Tiffany smiled. She felt Yuri’s hand squeeze hers. She looked at the latter’s eyes.

“Thank you, Tiffany… for letting me in.”

A sound of explosion filled the city. The two looked at the sky and saw colourful fireworks blasting, colouring the dark canvas.

Yuri and Tiffany tightened their intertwined hands, admiring the flash of colors above, like their hearts blasting in gratefulness.

 

 

 

I’ve always seen you
Thank you for your gentle smile
I would like to tell you only this feeling of thankfulness for watching over me so far

 

Until now, I still can remember your gentle smile
You, for reaching out your hands to me

 

So far until now thank you and thank you to you even now
The meaning of moving forward I can understand it now
Until now thank you, Thank you for your smile

 

I’ve always thought of you
Thank you for your words to me
I just want to say this feeling of thankfulness to you
For always staying by my side

 

Until now I still can remember the hidden meaning of these words

 

So far until now thank you and thank you to you even now
The meaning of moving forward I can understand it now

 

Thank You Thank You Thank You

 

To overcome my weakness, I’m singing right here now

 

I’ve always see you
Thank you for your gentle smile

 

 la la la

Thank You Thank You Thank you for your smile
To overcome my weakness, I’m singing right here now

 

Thank You Thank You Thank You
To overcome my weakness, I’m singing right here now

 

To overcome my weakness, I’m singing right here now

Thank you to you

 

- Arigatou, CNBLUE

 

 

 

AN:
Cheesy YulTi and TaeNy kekeke~
They've become closer now :">
Thank you guys for being patient, if only I could write every single minute, then I would happily do so... But, there's always something getting in the way >.<
Please don't forget to leave a comment! ♥