When an Angel meets another Angel

Finding Her Heart

 

 

 

 

Isn’t it amazing, that in this whole wide world, there are no totally identical persons? Each and every one of us has his/her single distinction from another. Someone could have similarities with another person, yet a single quality would make them different. Isn’t it enchanting, how He made us complex despite the large number of people in this world? He managed to vary us from one another. And that one unique distinction is what separates us from everyone, what makes us special. And those differences would complement another person - the one that you have to search for in order to appreciate yourself more… because your one of a kind characteristic, which you first thought as worthless, is the only thing that could make that lone being complete.

 

 

oOo

 

 

The spring breeze blew, causing the leaves on the enormous trees to sway rhythmically. Different types of flora were starting to bloom and colour the valley. The sky was painted in deep orange hue, adding to the calming and nostalgic feeling of the landscape.

The little girl dressed in flowery clothes ran in circles, fighting off the wind that was blowing softly against her raven black hair. She spread her arms wide, allowing the chilly wind to envelope her small body. She then looked up to the orange sky, admiring how the massive ball of fire was slowly descending through the deep ocean waters.

A tiny silver metal glimmered brightly as the setting sun’s rays struck against it, and it caught the little girl’s attention. The girl smiled and merrily jumped toward the location of the silver metal, but as soon as she stepped in front of it, another hand grabbed the tiny metallic object.

The girl looked up to the owner of the hand, squinting as the sun’s rays blinded her. Finally adjusting to the light, she saw a tall lady with the necklace sparkling in the stranger’s hand.

The lady has quite sharp features and about twice of the girl’s height. If it weren’t for lady’s charming smile, the little girl would become anxious by the impression that the lady gives off.

“Is this yours?” The lady asked the girl after noticing that her eyes were locked on the necklace.

The girl nodded and smiled, “My Umma must have lost it again.” she supposed in her high-pitched voice.

“Is that so?” The lady kneeled to the child’s level. She placed her fingers on both ends of the necklace before locking the necklace securely around the little girl’s neck. “Tell her to be careful and not to lose it again, okay?” She patted the child’s head before standing up.

“Thank you Unnie!” The girl smiled earnestly and fondled the necklace in her little fingers.

The lady merely smiled back and waved her hand as a sign of good bye.

“Annyeong Unnie! Please take care!” The girl bowed before waving her hand back to the lady.

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

The sun had already successfully hid itself into the unending canvas of darkness above, yet the little girl was still out of sight.

“Seohyun-ah? Joohyun? Where are you?”

The woman continued to walk around and search her surroundings for any sign of the girl. Earlier, she was too busy getting their belongings from their car to notice that the child had already wandered around the rounded hill.

She walked further toward the top of the hill and let out a relieving sigh when finally found the child running down to her location.

“Fany Umma!” Seohyun excitedly ran toward her mother who kneeled at her level to welcome her for a hug.

“Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you all over the place. And look at you, covered with sweat! I told you not to run so much, I don’t want you to get sick!” She gently wiped the sweat beads off her daughter’s forehead.

“Don’t worry umma! I’m fine!” Seohyun pulled away from her mother to unlock the necklace around her neck. “You lost this again, Umma. Luckily, an unnie found this and returned it to me.” She then placed the necklace around her mother’s neck. “She said that you should be careful and not lose it again.”

“Oh!” Tiffany gasped in realization as she held the lock pendant of the necklace. She pondered for a bit upon caressing the lock pendant. “I must thank that unnie someday.”

She then looked at her watch before standing up and holding her daughter’s hand. “Let’s go, your appa’s already waiting for us!”

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

Yuri heaved a deep sigh as she walked toward their neighbourhood. She looked up to the twinkling stars that dotted the grey canvas above. Another day has come to an end. A week has already passed since she moved in this little remote island of Chungsando.

Different groups of children, who were probably from the kindergarten which was a block away from her residence, subsequently jumped and ran toward the street where she was walking. High-pitched laughter and giggles filled the previously quiet and eerie path.

Yuri unconsciously smiled upon the sight of the children’s innocence before her. She observed the children quietly, hoping that at least for that moment, she would be able to relieve her innocence which was taken away from her quite earlier than normally expected.

How she wished that she could bring back her innocence….

This thought made Yuri sigh in frustration, and made her divert her thoughts back to reality.

The old landlady, Mrs. Park, was waiting for her in front of her new house. She immediately approached the old lady and bowed to her respectfully.

“Annyeong Haseyo! Would you like to come in?” Yuri greeted before opening the little blue fence and gestured the old lady to come in.

“No, no, Yuri-ssi. I will not stay here for long.” The old lady shook her hand in the air as a sign of refusal, and then handed Yuri a square object wrapped in blue cloth. “I just want to give these rice cakes to you as a welcome, though this is a bit late… Just consider this as a celebration for your first week here in Chungsando.”

Yuri eagerly accepted the lunchbox and did a ninety-degree bow to the old lady. “Kamsahamnida!”

It is a native Korean tradition to give rice cakes to newly-moved residents, but since Chungsando was a remote place, only a few people lived around her block, and she was always at her workplace so the neighbours might not notice her, or if they did, she didn’t have time to mingle with them, so no one was able to give her a proper welcome.

Yuri was touched at the little gesture of the old lady to her. She didn’t expect that she would receive this from her, because the landlady looked stern and quite scary when they first met.

“Enjoy your stay here!” The old lady timidly responded and started walking toward the opposite direction.

“As expected!” Yuri whispered to herself, pertaining to the old lady’s coldness. “Please be careful on your way home!” She shouted as she watched the old lady disappear into an alleyway.

Yuri stared at the lunch box in her hands, full of appreciation, and with a smile plastered on her face.

This is a good start of Yuri’s new life.

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

Tiffany stooped down to place the bouquet of white roses on top of the marble stone tablet, after sweeping the little bits of grass scattered on it. She then gently and lovingly caressed the name carved on the marble stone.

 

Kim Taeyeon

March 9, 1989 – April 27, 2010

A Star. An Angel.

 

“Taetae, how are you? I am sure you’re fine in His kingdom, right? Today marks the second year since you have left me and Seohyun, but look! We’re still alive and kicking. I thought I wouldn’t be able to survive without you, but Seohyun gave me another reason to live.” Tiffany held the little girl standing beside her.

“We miss you appa! And don’t worry… Hyunnie is taking care of umma!” Seohyun softly placed her arms over her mom’s shoulder.

Tiffany tried to control her tears from flowing, but with Seohyun’s words, her emotions exploded. She didn’t want to cry in front of their daughter, but her tears seemed to have their own minds and streamed their way out of her reddened eyes.

Seohyun made her way behind her mother’s back and hugged her from behind. Tiffany always liked it when Taeyeon hugged her like this, filling her with love and warmth, but now, Taeyeon would not be able to do it anymore.

Tiffany was thankful that Seohyun is still by her side, who is somehow taking the place of Taeyeon’s presence.

She clutched the lock pendant of the necklace around her neck tightly.

“I love you so much, Taeyeon. Happy Anniversary…. I miss you….”

No one could ever understand her longing for Taeyeon, no one could ever explain how much she wished Taeyeon to hold her.

Today should have been their fifth anniversary, if it wasn’t for that tragic evening…

 

 

Taeyeon blissfully drove along the empty night road, as the loud music deafeningly pounded inside her car. She glanced at the pile of gifts for her wife-Tiffany and for their adopted daughter-Seohyun, which were placed on the passenger seat.

The thought of their celebration later made her excited, consequently stepping on the gas pedal harder. The car roared its way toward the winding road as Taeyeon dorkily swayed her body to the music’s beat.

A car which was probably thrice her car’s speed screeched toward her direction. Taeyeon noticed the over-speeding car just in time. She harshly turned the steering wheel to the opposite direction and successfully dodged the approaching car. She hardly stepped on the break and the gifts fell out of the seat from the extreme impact.

She sighed in relief and clutched her chest pounding relentlessly from nervousness.

Taeyeon resumed driving without bothering to rearrange the fallen gifts. She stepped on the gas pedal and glanced at the back where the over-speeding car disappeared in a curve.

Just when she turned her head back on the road, a pair of blinding lights pierced her sight.

In an instant flash, Taeyeon’s car was swerved off toward the cliff’s edge, and after a few seconds, it tumbled and rolled down toward the pit of darkness.

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

“Yah! Come back here, stupid little girl!” Mrs. Park’s hoarse voice echoed through the daybreak.

The sun was already up in the clear, blue sky, illuminating the little island and causing the tips of the ocean waves to sparkle brilliantly. The flower petals and scattered leaves swayed slowly by the rhythm of the soft spring wind. Everything was peaceful, except for the commotion happening between the old landlady and the sneaky girl.

Seohyun ran even faster, glancing back to look at the old lady who couldn’t keep track at her small yet quick footsteps. She gripped the stem of the flowers even tighter, before teasingly let her tongue out to mock the old lady. But before she can advance any farther, a tall body bumped onto her, sending her plopping down -first on the road.

“Ouch!” Seohyun dropped the flowers on the ground from the impact. She looked up and narrowed her eyes to adjust from the blinding sunlight.

A familiar face was presented upon Seohyun, with the glowing sun at the lady’s back, just like their first encounter. But this time, the lady’s charming smile was replaced with a serious expression.

This made Seohyun took a second look upon the lady’s appearance. Unlike the casual shirt paired with jeans that the lady had worn when they first met, the lady was now dressed in a navy blue uniform, with different logos and symbols on the top portion, whilst metal chains and different weapons dangled on the tall lady’s waist.

“You’re a police officer?” Seohyun asked upon realizing the lady’s profession, completely forgetting about the old lady that was chasing her.

“There you go! Yah! This girl stole flowers from my backyard again!” Mrs. Park, despite her breathless state from running, straight away reported the girl’s fault at her.

Seohyun ignored the mumbling old lady behind her and stood up to take a closer look at the lady’s face. Due to their height difference, Seohyun could not gaze at her at the right angle, so she gestured the lady to carry her.

“Lift me up!” Seohyun exclaimed and spread her arms widely in front of the lady.

“Huh?!” The lady looked at her questionably. Seohyun nodded and waved her extended arms for emphasis. The lady merely complied and lifted up the girl with her both arms.

Seohyun cupped the lady’s cheeks and scrutinized her assets. The old lady just stood and watched them, also astonished by the little girl’s behaviour.

“You’re beautiful!” Seohyun exclaimed upon examining the lady’s perfect face.

“What?!” The lady looked at her in bewilderment. She was caught off guard by the child’s sudden statement.

Seohyun shook her head and chuckled, then averted her gaze to the lady’s gold nameplate and traced it with her little fingers.

“Kwon Yuri.” Seohyun mumbled whilst the embossed letters.

Yuri looked at the child in her arms oddly, amazed by the child’s bluntness.

“Aigoo! My blabbering has no use here! You two are in your own worlds!” the old lady yelled at them which made them look back at her. “Yah Seohyun, Joohyun, or whatever your name is, I don’t want to see you again near my yard or else I will never let you off again!” The old lady knocked Seohyun’s head then did the same to Yuri. “Yah Kwon Yuri! You babo! Be careful with that child! Don’t be deceived by her!”

The two girls massaged the part of their head which was attacked by the old lady. “I’m outta here! I need to water my plants! Aigoo such troublesome kids!” The old lady muttered whilst limping her way back to her house.

“You can put me down now!” Seohyun commanded and Yuri merely obeyed to the child’s demand.

“Yah! Who are you to order me around huh? You should be thankful that I didn’t arrest you for stealing!” Yuri retorted at the little girl who collected back the scattered flowers on the ground.

“Aish! They are all ruined!” Seohyun ignored Yuri’s complaint and stomped her feet in frustration.

“Why are you stealing those flowers for?” Yuri asked, and kneeled in front of the upset girl.

“They are for my mom! Umma always smiles whenever appa gives these flowers to her!” Seohyun stated and faced Yuri.

“Oh! Your umma who lost the necklace?” Yuri snapped her fingers upon remembering her first conversation with the child.

“Yeah! Thanks again for returning my umma’s necklace!” Seohyun smiled and stood up. She offered her small hand to Yuri. “Stand up, unnie!”

Yuri reached for the girl’s hand and did what the girl ordered. She shook her head in amazement. She wondered if this person was an old woman trapped in a kid’s body to make her follow her orders.

Yuri felt her hand being dragged by the little girl and like earlier, she just followed the girl’s footsteps.

“Where are we going?” Yuri asked as the girl led the way.

“You’re buying me flowers for my mom!” Seohyun exclaimed and started swaying their intertwined hands.

“What? Who told you that I will?! Yah! Do you think that you could order me around after saying those compliments to me?!” Yuri retaliated, feeling silly from arguing with this girl who was probably four times younger than her.

“But I mean those words!” Seohyun alleged in a firm, unbreakable tone, making the older girl beside her to be serious as well.

“Why?” Yuri asked and furrowed her brows in both curiousness and bewilderment.

Seohyun stopped their tracks and looked up into Yuri’s eyes.

“I think you are an angel.” Seohyun muttered before giving Yuri one of her sincerest smiles.

Yuri’s heart fluttered upon the girl’s genuineness. She wanted to laugh at Seohyun’s words; she thought that the girl was just giving her compliments to make her fulfil her requests. But those eyes stated the opposite. Those deep brown orbs affirmed even more than the girl’s words.

 

And this scene in front of her brought back a memory that she wanted to forget….

 

 

‘Unnie! Cook food for me!’

‘Yah! Did you forget that I am the unnie here?! Why are you ordering me around?’

‘Please?’

‘Stop!’

‘But you love me right?’

‘…….’

‘Unnie, saranghae!’

‘Fine! I will cook for you!’

‘Yay! Unnie you’re the best bully ever!’

‘Yah! Are you teasing me now?’

‘Nope! I am the only one whom you can’t bully right?’

‘Stop!’

‘Because you love me, right?’

‘Yah! Do you want to eat or not?’

‘I know you do! Gumawo unnie!’

‘Now stop hugging me! I can’t move!’

‘Aish! You’re mean! But you’re my meanest angel, unnie!’

 

 

Seohyun tightened her grip on Yuri’s hands as they continued their journey.

 

 

There will still be persons who would remind us of someone, whether we like it or not… their presence might amuse us, or might bring back bad memories. However, it’s all up to you… Because it doesn’t mean that if someone reminds you of a particular person, then so does your experiences with the person from the past would repeat with the person from the present. Everyone is different and so does our adventure with them.

 

 

 

AN: 
Hello guys! I hope you enjoyed and learned something from this chapter...
TaeNy shippers, don't worry, TaeNy's story would not be forgotten... their story will be further elaborated in the future chapters...
Thank you to those who subscribed and commented! Even to those silent readers! ^____^
Hwaitaeng~!