Aravis223

Corner to Corner Graphic Reviews

 

First look: It’s a colorful poster!  I honestly don’t have much to say about the first impression, when I saw the poster; it did not attract my attention.  It’s not that great, to put it bluntly.  The poster is really plain and it could use more creativity and something more to make the poster look better.  It really gave me a bad impression.  When looking at your graphics there could be a lot of improvements made.  The poster was all over the place, with the colors and sparkles and the patterns on the bg of the poster. (2/10)

Photos: The photos go well with the mood/theme you chose.  The photos are HQ except, Yongguk’s, his is a quality is a bit lower compared to the rest.  His skin tone is also a red tint while the others are a natural skin tone.  It would be nice if you used a different photo of his or find a better quality one.  The photos you chose were nice but it would be better if you did not crop off their bodies, you only used their heads on the poster which isn’t really appealing.  You know how to choose photos but you do not know how to use them properly. (8/15)

Mood/theme: Yes the poster does show cute/happy/romance.  The colorful poster helped set the mood.  You got the mood/theme down but you could do a lot more to help set the mood/theme, as in adding some flowers/hearts ect.  But you nailed this section! (15/15)

Blending/Cropping: Your cropping is okay.  The characters are cut out but it’s not really clean.  I can see some sloppy parts.  The BAP guy’s face isn’t cropped cleanly; the side of his face seems to be cut off some.   (8/10)

Resources: Hmm, looking at your poster I don’t see any PSDs being used.  I don’t think you used any; you didn’t use any curves or any tools on ps.  I can only spot about two textures.  I don’t see any problems with your textures but I do really dislike the texture you used for the text section, I don’t think you used it correctly.  If you used the texture on the guys, it would have been better.  The texture you chose for your BG isn’t appealing to me.  Maybe next time try a solid colored texture because all the words and designs are a bit distracting.  It would look better if you used a light blue bg with stripes or a pattern! This section needs more work. (8/20)

Composition: The composition could be a lot better.  The placements of the guys are okay but it would be better if they were not slanted.  They should be straight and should be placed on top of one another.  The title’s placement is appropriate. (8/10)

Fonts: The font is okay, but the color does not match the overall poster or the color scheme.  The font color should be a pinker or blue font if you want the font to match your poster.  The subtexts are bad, the bold text does not match the poster whatsoever, try to use a simple font like Georgia for credits next time.   (3/5)

Quality: To be blunt the poster is not really appealing to me, there could have been more to the poster, it’s a bit simple and more creativity could have been put into it.  There is no color scheme so it looks a bit messy.  The outline of the characters makes them look really LQ.  It would be nice if you used a psd to enhance the colors of your characters.  I see that you had an idea for this poster but I believe your idea could have gone above and beyond. (4/15)

Side Comments: So here is your review, I apologize for the long wait; please do not feel discouraged with this review!  I just really want to help you improve.  Next time try to be more creative and use more textures to help enhance your poster.  You can do much better.