just got real

School's Biggest Scandal

 

Hangeng's POV
 
" OMEGOSH OMEGOSH OMEGOSH" Jessica chanted excitedly, covering . "No Way!"
 
     "heechul," leeteuk hyung's hand gripped heechul's shoulder, "what are you talking about? You and...and hangeng?"
 
      Loud mingled voices surrounded us, growing higher by the second. I looked around at the faces of our friends and strangers. Some had the look of disgust, a reaction that I had long suspected. But there were other expressions as well. Shock, confusion, pity, interest, curiosity and anger.
 
      I shook my head. What was heechul thinking? I knew that he's an impulsive guy but this...this I would have never expected of him. I didn't know whether to kiss or punch him, that idiot.
 
     "It's gotta be a lie!" Some girl shrieked.
 
      "Maybe it's true!" Someone else said. It was hard to tell who was saying what. Everyone seemed to be talking all at once, their voices ringing in my ears.
 
       "woohoo!!!! Don't worry guys some are still on your side!!!" that I could tell is heechul's sister. I silently chuckled.
 
      "I knew they were too hot to be straight."
 
     "Nooo, hangeng oppa why!?"
 
     "Oh my god! Why are all the hot ones gay? Un-freakin-believable!"
 
     "Then who got HyunA pregnant?"
 
     "Oppa! Oppa! How long have you guys been boinking?" boinking? Really?
       
     I groaned, rubbing my temple. Their voices was giving me a headache I really didn't need right now.
 
     "So, what?" A boy with stepped out the crowd surrounding us. "You two have been fags this whole time? That's ing sick!" He turned and looked at me, the intense hatred in his eyes piercing right through me.
 
 "And you, the school idol, figures you're a ."
 
     A fist connected to his jaw in a blink of an eye.
 
     "Say that again you ing bastard!" heechul hissed, furious. He grabbed onto the other boys shirt and shook him. "I dare you to say it again!"
 
     Damn it! I muttered a curse, pushing past people to get to them. I knew something like this was going to happen! Heechul was too easily angered and tended to act before thinking. He liked to let his fist do the talking for him, something I had long tried to get him out of the habit of doing.
 
     "heechul let him go," I snapped, grabbing on to his arm and tried to jerk him back.
 
     Heechul shrugged my hand off and tightened his hold on the boy. " that! No one calls you a and gets away with it."
 
     I blinked at him, at lost for words. Well...that's interesting. Heechul didn't seem to mind saying the word "" or "" but let anyone else call me that and he gets furious. Later I'll laugh about that fact but right now I needed to get heechul away from the boy. From the looks of it he was nothing but a Freshman, a little boy whose parents were probably over religious nuts who taught him that gays are spawns of hell.
 
          "Stop," this time it was Kangin who grabbed him, " heechul hyung Let him go."
 
     "The school security guards are coming!" kyuhyun by the exit shouted in warning. People scrambled, tripping over one another to get out of the scene of the crime. About half were gone in seconds but the other half braved it out, probably not wanting to miss out on any action.
 
     "heechul," This time it was leeteuk hyung who hissed, "look at him. He's just a kid."
 
     Heechul growled, glanced at me then cursed. He released the other boy, shoving him back with more force than necessary but I didn't comment on it. I'm just glad that he listened before he could do any more damage.
 
     Heechul turned around along with the rest of the gang but froze at the next words coming from the Freshman's mouth. "Yeah," the boy sneered, "you better walk away you humping queer."
 
     I closed my eyes. Damn.
 
    I launched myself between them without thinking and unfortunately got punch right on the face when the other boy decided to take a swing at Derek and missed. Unprepared for the blow of the attack, I stumbled back, nearly tripping back if it had not been for Jessica and the eunhae couple grabbing onto me.
 
     "Oh my god!" Jessica cried, "oppa! You're poor face!"
 
     "Oh no!" Several girls rushed to me, "oppa are you okay?" 
 
The others quickly shooed the girls away and was now with me.
 
"yah!" it was leeteuk hyung.
 
"are you stupid?! Why did you do that?!" he boomed.
 
"hyung...don't blame him like that" sungmin tried to keep him calm.
 
"yeah, it was that kids fault for digging up his own grave" ryeowook added.
 
"uh oh..." the eunhae couple sang.
 
'huh? Why?" they asked.
 
"cause it's look's like that your boyfriends are going to join  heechul hyung's party too" eunhyuk said, they quickly look at where the others are and their eyes widen.
 
Kyuhyun, Yesung, Kangin, and heechul looks like their gonna kill the boy.
 
"crap..." with a blink of an eye they quickly run to their partners and rush them out of the place.
 
Kibum and siwon run to me next.
 
"hyung you okay?" siwon ask worried, I look at kibum and saw that he was half worried also.
 
     I blinked a couple of times and shook my head, winching from the shot of pain on my right cheek. It wasn't me I was worried about it was...
 
     Heechul pivoted with one swift movement and sent the boy flying to the floor with one furious punch. "My nosth!" The boy shrieked, covering his bloody nose and crawling backwards on the floor. "He brokth my nosth!!
 
      Damn. It was that.
 
      Several girls started screaming at the sight of the blood, creating even more chaos and confusion. Some shoved one another to get a better look at the bleeding Freshman and others took several noticeable steps back from heechul. I sighed. Well...so much for damage control.
 
      "," kibum hissed, shoving heechul back, "go hyung, go! The security guards are at the door!"
 
    Heechul and I both looked up and sure enough, behind the crowd surrounding us were the school's security forces. Three of them charged forward, shoving and yelling at the students to move out the way and disperse.
 
     "Go," Jessica pushed heechul towards me, "get him out of here, oppa!"
 
      Without another word I grabbed heechul's hand and dragged him towards the opposite direction of the incoming security guards. Siwon tried to keep up with us but got lost in the crowd as we made our way out the exit. To my relief heechul remained silent, letting me drag him from out the cafeteria and out of the school campus without protest. With the guards distracted, it was easy to slip past them through the school gate.
 
      It was when we were about a good half mile from the school when heechul decided to snatch his hand back, walking ahead of me with quick furious strides. I followed silently behind him, deciding that it was better to let him cool off before saying anything. I knew him far too well to take any chances when he's like this.
 
     After five minutes of walking in silence he swirled and faced me. "I wanna go back and beat the out of that little snot."
 
     I watched him carefully. "That's not going to solve anything."
 
     "Yeah?" heechul grinned with malice. "But it'll make me feel better."
 
     I sighed. "You shouldn't have hit him."
 
     He glared at me. "What the are you saying? That little runt called you names and you tell me that I shouldn't have hit him? Hell, you should have punched him."
 
     "His reaction was something I already expected." I shrugged. "There's nothing I can do about it."
 
     "Why the hell are you so calm about this!?"
 
      My eyes narrowed. "Because one of us has to be. We both can't just start beating up on a Freshman no matter how dumb and close minded he is."
 
     " that ," he spat, turning around and striding away.
 
     I pinched the bridge of my nose, inhaling and exhaling slowly. God give me patience with this boy...Sighing, I jogged after him. "You shouldn't have done it, Derek."
 
     "Well someone needed to put that brat in his place."
 
     "No, I mean before that. You shouldn't have told them that we are...are lovers. Why did you do it?"
 
     His steps faltered a bit but he continued on walking, ignoring my questioning gaze. "I don't know."
 
     "What?"
 
     "I said I don't know, okay?"
 
     "You should have let siwon..."
 
     He turned around so fast that I nearly lost my balance. He grabbed on to my arms to steady me. "No way in hell was I going to let that friggin' nerd say he's with you."
 
     I blinked. "Why?"
 
     He opened his mouth then closed it, mouth setting in a grim line.
 
     "Why, heechul?" I pushed on, wanting an answer. A flame of hope sparked in my chest, a hope that maybe...maybe I did have a chance with him. I just needed to drag the truth out of him.
 
     "Because...just because!?" He released me and walked away again.
 
     I followed him, grabbing his wrist and jerked. "Stop walking away and tell me what the hell that was all about back there? You didn't have to get yourself involved. I thought you hated the thought of me being gay so why claim to be one yourself? Why would you tell everyone-"
 
     "Shut up," heechul snapped, snatching his hand back. "I don't know why I did it, I just did! When that ing twerp stood ready to blab that you two are together I...I don't know. I didn't like it."
 
     "Didn't like what?"
 
     He glared at me. "If you're going to tell the whole damn school you're gay you might as well tell them you're going out with me, not him. Not someone else."
 
     "Why?"
 
     "Why the hell not!?"
 
     I shook my head. Was he even aware of what he was saying? How he was acting? He's acting like a possessive jealous boyfriend. He was confusing even me. This boy was full of contradictions. Saying one thing one minute but doing a totally different thing the next.
 
     He had made no qualms about not liking that I was gay but he turns around and tells the entire school we're lovers. He freely used the word "" a week ago but let someone else call me that and he's beating the out of them.
 
     I closed my eyes, rubbing my temple yet again. How am I suppose to react to all of this? Was there hope for me yet or was I thinking too much into heechul's actions? I looked up, searching his face for any signs that would help me but of course there was none. He was as confused about his actions as I was.
 
     Heechul thought I looked calm...that may be the case on the outside but in the inside my emotions and thoughts are raging, at war with one another.
 
     "This is all HyunA's fault," heechul growled, "that lying ."
 
     "Nothing happened between us that night."
 
     He shot me a look. "I know that. I just said as much didn't I? Geez, what the hell was she thinking?"
 
     "She was probably scared and had her own reasons for lying."
 
     "Yeah? Well she didn't have to drag you into it. Now we're stuck in this mess."
 
      I swallowed. "You didn't have to do it, heechul. You shouldn't have to deal with my problems. I'm the one who's gay, not you. We can probably still fix this, tell them we were just joking."
 
     Heechul snorted. "And what? Let HyunA get away with it? You're not the father of her brat."
 
     "No," I agreed, "but she can't keep lying. Once the baby is born we could get a test and-"
 
     "That wont be til next year!" heechul cut me off. "I'm not going to let the whole ing school think that you're her baby's father for the next 8-9 months."
 
     I lifted a brow, suddenly amused. He was outraged at the thought of me having to face ridicule and harsh gossips about fathering HyunA's child for months, yet he didn't think it odd that he'd rather say that we're gay lovers...
 
Heechul really is an idiot.
 
     I didn't bother to point out that there are ways these days for doctors to find out a baby's paternity before it was born. Still, even though HyunA is a liar, I didn't want her to have to go through something like that. It might even endanger her unborn child who is blameless in all this. Not to mention it would cost a pretty penny.
 
     Yes, I thought gravely, it was better to keep that little information to myself. Knowing heechul, he'd barge into HyunA house and drag her to the nearest hospital if he had to.
 
     "Then what are we going to do?" I asked.
 
 "Are you really fine with them thinking that we're...that we've been more than friends this whole time? You saw what happened back there, heechul. You'll be faced with a lot worse."
 
     He stood there silent, staring at me for the longest time. I stared back, waiting for his answer. Heechul sighed, blowing out a frustrated breath. 
 
"Hell, I don't know." He turned and walked away then paused, glancing back at me. 
 
"What I do know it that we're best friends, hangeng. The Two Muscketeers remember? For the long haul...I'll have your back."
 
     I stared after him as he strode away. He'll have my back...even in this...As I watched his departing back, I felt a great sense of gratefullness for having a friend like him...and a sense of helplessness because no matter how hard I tried to hold it back, my feelings for him would still continue to grow. Specially if he said things that sent my heart soaring.
 
     After a while I started after him, smoothing my features back to a more composed look so that he wouldn't see the emotions conficting in my heart. So that he wouldn't see just how much his words affected me.
 
     Since my mother was home because she was off work for the day we decided to go to heechul's house. His parents are still at work during this time so there wouldn't be any parental unite scolding us about cutting school. And we didn't exactly want to explain why we had. And Kim should still be in school...
 
     I thought about my car parked in the school campus and sighed. I'm going to have to walk back and get it later. I had figured that walking home would help heechul cool down at least and I'd been right. He was still visibly upset but he was calmer and more in control compared to a few minutes ago.
 
     Grabbing the keys in his pocket, heechul unlocked the door and let ourselves in. I assumed that we'd be heading straight for his room but he turned towards the kitchen without a word. Silent, I followed him and paused by the kitchen enterance and watched as he grabbed a large ziplock bag from a drawer, slamming the drawer close.
 
     Crossing my arms, I leaned m shoulder against the door frame, waiting and watching. What was he up to? Heechul opened the freezer and grabbed a tray of icecubes, shoving the cubes in the ziplock bag before closing it. He left the empty tray on the counter and grabbed a clean dish towel and wrapped it around the bag filled with ice.
 
     "Here," he finally spoke, grabbing my chin and turning my face to the side. He grimaced. "You need to put ice on that."
 
     I blinked. Oh. I had completely forgotten about my face. Now that he mentioned it, it began to throb and I winched. For small boy that Freshman had packed quite a punch. But I'm sure he was suffering far more than I. Heechul's punches ten times harder...thus the broken nose.
 
     "Thanks," I said, taking the homemade icepack.
 
    He nodded and stepped back, pulling off his shirt so unexpectedly that I nearly dropped the icepack. "What are you doing?"
 
     "I'm going to take a shower," heechul turned then paused, shooting me a grin. 
 
"Wanna join me?"
 
     My heart stopped.
 
     Heechul laughed. "Hangeng, you should see your face. Chil, I'm just joking."
 
     My heart beat picked up again and I mentally laughed at myself. Of course he had been kidding. I had forgotten that this boy liked to take a shower whenever he got pissed off. It was like he was clensing himself of his anger, a ritual that's become a habit now.
 
    "I need to be going in a while,"  I said, "I left my car at school."
 
     "I'll just drop you off there on my bike later," he replied, pulling down his pants, revealing red and white poka dot boxers. I remembered my mother getting him that last Christmas...
 
 
 
     I tore my gaze away from him. I guess I had also forgotten about how relaxed he was around me. Even knowing that I'm gay he didn't seem umcomfortable stripping in front of me even right here in the kitchen. Heechul seriously lacked any sense of modesty.
 
      "Are you going to school tomorrow?" I asked, staring at the fridge. I was aware of his every movement from the time he went into the adjoining laundry room to throw his clothes in the hamper to the time he came back.
 
     "Who are you talking to?"
 
     "You."
 
     "Okay...then why are you staring at my refrigerator?"
 
     I swallowed and looked at him. I forced myself to keep my eyes on his face. "Are you going to school tomorrow?"
 
      Heechul snorted. "Unless they call my parents and tell them I'm suspended, then hell yeah I will. I'm not going to let those s scare me off." He paused, eying me. 
 
"Are you?"
 
      "Yes. I will, go to school I mean."
 
     "Good and yes, I give you permission to check me out."
 
     I gapped at him. "What?"
 
     Heechul's lips formed a knowing cocky grin. "You may not be attracted to my type...but you like my body. Don't lie, I can tell."
 
     Deciding to play it cool, I gave him a look over and shrugged. "I've seen better."
 
     That wiped the smile from his face. "Who is he?"
 
     I couldn't help it. Even after the day we had I found myself laughing. Heechul glared at me as I doubled over, clutching my stomach.
 
     "What the hell is so funny?" He demanded
 
     I kept laughing. I'm suppose to be the calm and composed one yet I couldn't help but laugh at this sudden developement. The tone of his voice had been accusing when he demanded to know "who is he" as if he was a jealous lover. I wiped the tears from my eyes, shaking with laughter.     
 
     "Shut up," he punched my arm. "Stop laughing at me."
 
     I handed him the icepack, chuckling as I brushed past him. "Hey!" He called, "Where are you going?"
 
     Without looking back I waved a hand, walking straight to the front door and out of heechul's house. I closed the door behind me and leaned back against it. Heechul...what am I going to do with him? He never ceased to amaze me.
 
      "Idiot," I said out loud. 
 
"Naive, hot tempered and clueless fool..."
 
     And I loved him so much it hurt.
 
 
 
----------------------
 
Chingu: *rolls out of nowhere* hello everyone~^^ today I'm gonna sing Promise you!!!! ^O^
 
Baekhyun: *appears out of nowhere* ummm...where am I...?? 
 
Chingu: *gasp* baekhyun!!!! *O*
 
Heechul: =.=, ignore her baekhyun-sshi!^^; *glares at chingu*
 
Chanyeol: *appears out nowhere* baekkie~ 
 
Chingu: *le spazz* AW ME GAWD CHANYEOL!!! arksldlagaksleksjfnel!!! *Q*
 
Chanyeol and Baekhyun:.......>.>
 
Heechul: *facepalm* idiot.... 
Hehehe please ignore her, she needs help ^^"
 
Chingu: *glares* shut up!! *looks at baekhyun* oh my gawd your soooo cute!!! *rushes beside you*
 
Baekhyun: *hides behind chanyeol* yeollie....I'm scared....
 
Chingu: *pouts*
 
Heechul: *grabs chingu's ear and drags her to an unknown place*
 
Chingu: noooooo!!!!!! Baekhyun!! Chanyeol!!!!! T^T
 
Heechul: shut up *locks you somewhere dark* and don't come out till next time you update!!...
 
Baekyeol: ......... O.O......
 
Heechul: please forget that even happened, she needs help and didn't have enough money to go to the hospital to get a brain check up =.=
 
Chanyeol: umm...okay then....
 
 
*awkward silence*
 
 
Chingu: *shouts* AWKWARD!!!
 
Heechul: *sighs and facepalm* sorry again....you two can go now...
 
Baekhyun: ummm okay....thanks and bye hyung...
 
Chanyeol: bye hyung!! :D
 
Heechul: *smiles* bye-
 
Chingu: *bangs door* Noooooo!!! Don't leave yet!!!
 
Heechul: RUN!!!
 
Baekhyun: eep! Come ok yeollie that girl scares me *runs*
 
Chanyeol: bye again!! *runs after baekhyun*
 
Heechul: *smirks*
 
Chingu: okay heechul, their gone....now get me out of here.
 
Heechul:hmm...No *grins* Bye!~ *walks away*
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chingu: ajacsleosbdiekfpakdjwi!!! I NEED TO GO TO THE POTTY!!! T^T