Chapter 4

The One Who Made Sparks Fly

You have a message! You have a message! ^_^

 

I woke up from the sudden noise from my phone.  I finally forced myself to get up, and check my phone. I was still half asleep so I couldn’t see very well. I reached for the drawer on the side of my bed and got something that felt like a phone. I swiped it to unlock my phone and my finger was all jelly and mushy. Turns out it was an opened Vaseline container. I had no choice but to apply it to my arm. After that, I was fully awake and my phone was in my bag. I took it out of my bag and unlocked it. The text was from Jonghyun of course.

 

Good Morning babe ;)

                      -Jjongie

 

Ugh, that adorable nickname again. Does he really call himself that? To like, impress the “ladies” or something? I swear, if they hit on Jonghyun, they’ll-. Die? Why do I give a damn? People can do whatever they want. I can’t force them can I? No. My heart is beating from all the anger. Aish, I just want to tear my hair off!

 

Wait, is this jealousy? I am angry because I think that the “ladies” will hit on him. I tried to put all of that together in my mind. To people who experienced love and all that , please be patient. You might think it’s easy, but it’s totally not. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through. So, is it jealousy? Bingo, its jealousy. So there’s jealousy and love. You’ve got to be kidding me. FML….

 

I chuckled at Jonghyun’s cute message. I didn’t text him back. Instead, I called him. Which I have no idea why? THIS is why teachers say think before you do or else you’ll regret it. And I regret it A LOT. No kidding. Though, it was too much to resist from just a simple good morning message…..with a dash of babe. What the hell, its love people!

 

Hello? A deep husky voice answered.

 

Hey…..um…..it’s me…..erm…..Key. Oh god, why do I have to be so awkward? I’m not usually like this! My heart skipped beats. Yes beats! Not one, not two, but BEATS! I seriously felt like throwing up.

 

Oh hey babe!

 

I blushed from just Jonghyun calling me babe, which makes me not want to throw up, which is good….I think. Wait, I’m his friend. Does he call all of his friends babe? If he does, then my pride has disappeared…..and that he’s a whack-o-doodle…..

 

 

Jonghyun, do you call all your friends babe?

 

Why the hell did that just come out of my mouth? Have I ever heard of the say, “Think before you speak or do?” I deserved another face-palm in the face. I guess it was too intriguing so I had to ask. I HAD to ask…. Oh dear god…… But Jonghyun hasn’t answered yet. This is too intense…. I was literally staring at my phone like a mental person waiting for the phone to speak. Then finally, the notification ringtone came up and my heart jumped!

 

Yeah, most of them.

 

It took him that long to write those four words? And he calls MOST of his friends babe? Inconceivable. Most people would think that person is gay. Jonghyun needs serious therapy.

 

Hey babe, look out the window.

 

He could not stop me from turning into a freakin’ tomato head. Cheeks are really warm, but my hands are really cold. So I used my cheeks as a fireplace, because my face is pretty hot. No, not hot as in y, but hot as in burning hot. I am both too as you would say. ^_^

 

I did as Jonghyun told me through text messaging, and I saw him out the window waving at me with a Michael Jackson-like hat with a tie, a vest, and a jacket. Why so fancy today? Suddenly, my phone rang and it was Jonghyun calling. So I answered it.

 

Come down here!

Why?

Because….I want to go eat!

I’ll be there in a minute.

 

God, what to do? What to do? I am not the person who plays “hard to get” like girls in some dramas that I watch. I am quick and an instant replier. That’s why I need to staple my mouth because sometimes I regret what I say. I get pretty confused with love you see. I get confused and realize it pretty quickly. So, to put it simply, I have a crush on Jonghyun. There, I said it. I have a crush on Kim Jonghyun. I told you that I was quick.

 

I have to pick an outfit quick! I was panicking in my room, jumping up and down like a squirrel. I was putting close on, and taking them and throwing them off. One was too manly, one was too gentleman-y, one was too girly, apparently. Finally, I picked a regular t-shirt with a bunny in the front and a pair of ripped jeans.

 

I ran downstairs and burst through the door and the cold wind greeted me once I stepped outside. It was freezing and I’m wearing a frickin’ t-shirt.

 

“Nice shirt.” Jonghyun smirked. “Thanks. I forgot to get my jacket so I’m going to go inside and get it.” I ran to the door and twisted the doorknob. It wouldn’t budge. The KEY! I forgot the KEY! How come I’m such a fool? Alright, I’ll just play cool and act as if I’m not cold at all.

 

“Do you need a jacket?” He asked with care. I shook my head and I felt a warm cover on my shoulder. I turned around and it was Jonghyun. He smiled at me and you figure the rest out. Yes, I was blushing, like a freak. There goes the feeling again, where I’m all warm and stuff. Guess I don’t need a jacket after all.

 

“I don’t really need a jacket. You put it on, it’ll be cold.” I took it off and put it on his shoulders. “I’m not cold at all. Don’t worry Kibum.” He rubbed is cold hands my warm cheeks…..and now it’s more heated because of his actions. Then he took his jacket and gave to me even though I didn’t need it because he already made me warm apparently. Well, if he insists. I’ve never felt so girly in my life before. I feel like skipping in the streets like a 5 year old holding a rainbow lollipop.

 

“So, where are we going?” I’m very jolly today, all happy and smiley. I use to be cold and rude, a normal guy without any friends. I think this particular guy changed me. “We’re going to a steakhouse.” Steak, again?! I’m on a diet mister if I hadn’t already said that! “But we already had steak.” I mumbled. Jonghyun chuckled and said, “They don’t HAVE just steak in a steakhouse.” I blushed, but not the one where you’re in a lovey-dovey mode. It’s the one where you’re embarrassed. See? There’s another thing that I regret saying? I’m so stupid in so many ways, oh dear god.

 

We walked until we’re in a small little restaurant in a corner with lots of bright lights. Jonghyun politely opened the door for me even after what I said stupidly. It was kind of a bar with dim red lights inside. There were couples flirting with each other and loners who are just drinking alone. This is definitely not a place that has kid’s meal menu.

 

“What would you like sir?” The woman in her late 20’s asked Jonghyun. Jonghyun thought for a moment and said, “Steak please. Oh, and medium rare also.” Jonghyun then nodded with satisfaction. The woman then turned to me and looked at me in disgust. What? Never seen a dude with highlights before? Bish….. “And what would YOU want sir?” The woman said in a tormenting kind of voice. “Um….just a salad please.” I batted my eyelashes to agitate her. She stuck her nose in the air, stood up straight, and walked away with anger stuffed inside. Geez, I don’t know what the heck is wrong with that chick, but she has problems! Jonghyun folded his hands on his laps and stared at his water like a little boy staring at his new pet fish.

 

“Jonghyun, Jonghyun!” I yelled and waved my hand. Finally, he snapped out of his trance and his attention was back to me. “Y-yeah?!” Jonghyun asked like he didn’t know anything. “Where are we going after this?” Jonghyun rubbed his hands together like he just came up with an evil scheme. “The pub…” He said in a deep and husky voice with a smirk. I raised my eyebrows. “A PUB?!” Jonghyun then turned into his old self nodding. “We’re going to go drink. Then we’ll have a second round, which is at the karaoke room.” Drinking and going to the karaoke room and sing? What the hell? This bastard is crazy? Well, from his looks, he looks like a guy who goes partying all day long. With his dreamy smirk too….. <3

 

“Here you go!” Another lady, thank god, brought out the food. She placed the delicious salad in front of me with blue cheese dressing sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Then she placed a plate of steak in front of him with steak sauce and with a dash of potato salad on the side. His looked delicious I’ve got to admit. But, I have to keep a good diet. Maybe just a little bit….NO! Only a little bit……..like ONE bite…….NO! This is just too hard for me! I’m dying inside. Looking at Jonghyun’s steak can make me drool up to one whole bucket. Jonghyun saw me staring at his meal like a dog drooling. He looked at my meal, well not exactly, and saw that I did not take one bite out of my salad. He chuckled and asked, “Are you on a diet or something?”

 

 I was still staring at his meal like an idiot. He finally cut bite-sized pieces of his steak and put it in my plate of salad. I ended staring at his meal and looked down at my plate. “Guess you were desperate for it!” He sing-songed. “Yah, I wasn’t desperate!” He took his napkin and wiped my mouth. “How do you explain this?” He showed me the spit that he wiped off. Then guess what?! I started blushing again! I should’ve wiped it off before he did. I hid my face away from embarrassment. He then turned my head with my chin, which lead to more blushing. I wish I had the anti-blushing power. “It’s okay Kibum. You’re on a strict diet and it’s alright. You can eat it. It’s not going to hurt you. And don’t hide away from embarrassment. I do that too. Plus, it’s cute when you blush.” He smiled with his beautiful pink lips. Then THAT lead to MORE blushing, but he said that when I blush, I’m cute. So, I guess I don’t need that anti-blushing power.

 

We stood up and went to the bar which is literally right next to us. We paid both of it individually since they don’t add the restaurant’s total and the bar’s total. Jonghyun pulled out a stool for me and I mumbled a thank you. “Red wine please!” Jonghyun ordered. Red wine? I can never drink that. It tastes so bad and bitter. “Soju please!” The bartender brought out a glass of red wine to Jonghyun and a bottle of soju with a cup. “You only want soju? That’s it?” The bartender asked. I hesitantly nodded. “He he, .” The bartender chuckled and teased. “Gotta problem?” I snarled. “No, it’s just that……hahaha!” The bartender continued laughing. I did not know why it was so funny to him. I only like soju. Does he have a problem? When you’re in a bar, do you HAVE to drink something strong? This guy has some guts to make fun me! I stood up and felt something pull me back. It was Jonghyun telling me to hold back my anger or else it will cause a ruckus. “Don’t do it.” He warned me. By the tone of his voice, it scared me. I knew what was going to happen to I calmed down. “That happened to me before. It will cause a disaster that will haunt you.” I nodded and poured my soju in the cup. Why does this guy know so much stuff? I bet you that he drinks at pubs a lot and parties all day and night long. This guy makes me go crazy over him. Like how I sometimes go crazy for Sooyoung in SNSD. (My secret)

 

“More please!” Jonghyun called for his 5th cup. Apparently, he shows no signs of drunkenness. If I was on my 5th cup, I would be wasted. Like down on the ground with eyes rolled back. Yes, I’m that sensitive. I’m still on my first cup of soju for proof. Jonghyun stared at me like a strange person. “Guess you’re not a drinker right?” I looked at my cup and I was only half way through. I like to take sips and not waste it. Plus, it saves money. “Yeah, I’m not a heavy drinker, but I do drink.” Jonghyun nodded understandingly and asked, “Do you want to go on the second round?” I quickly nodded my head and grabbed my bag. Jonghyun paid for me too which really irritates me. But I shrug it off and say thank you and that I would pay him back the next time. Then he replies that it was “no biggy”.

 

“How many minutes do you want?”Jonghyun asked me. “About an hour and a half I guess?” I said uneasily. “An hour and a half ajumma.” Jonghyun apparently paid for it again. Oh well, I’ll pay him next time for sure. We went into the room. Jonghyun sat down and snatched the karaoke song selection book. “I’m going to sing…….HOT TIMES.” I love that song a lot. The song is just so…..I CAN’T DESCRIBE IT! And he’s going to sing that song! Wonder if he sings good or not. And the first words that he sang out of his mouth melted my heart. That warm, soothing voice glued my eyes on him. He sang so beautifully, with all his soul. This is the first time that I’ve fangirled in my entire life and I’m being pretty serious. While he was singing, he sent me a wink which, guess what, made me blush 100x more. I swayed back and forth while he sang with such passionate rhythm. He poured all his soul out while singing the ballad. I think he could have a chance of becoming a famous idol. Why isn’t he now? If he was an idol, girls would go insanely crazy over him. The thought of that made me clutch my fist. Ugh, why do I, the Almighty Key, get so jealous easily?

 

If only I can make him mine……

 

I'm so sorry guys. I had like tests EVERY WEEK! I had to study, study, and more studying. Apparently I get to learn stuff above my grade level because I don't suit the grade that I'm in right now.....so, I get more homework......FML. Sorry guys! I'll make it up to you buy letting you read chapter 4. I hope you enjoy it!!! Love you!