I Think I'm In Love

The One Who Made Sparks Fly

Kim, Kim Kibum. Yes, that is my name. There one thing that I wonder about other people. Why do they think that love is....wonderful, beautiful. I mean, I seriously don't get that at all. Love is a sickening thing. It can kill you and tear your heart apart. At other times, it can make you smile like you just can't help it and you look like a total fool when you're around your lover.

 

It also makes you feel like the luckiest person in the world, as you say for yourself. Then all of the sudden, that person makes you feel like the most horrible thing in the world. And you think about it all the time. You just can't believe what just happened and you try to get it out of your head. You want to say that it's a dream, but sadly it's reality.

 

The reason why I am talking about all about this junk is because of this guy that I met at the train station a few months ago. He was definitely the most retarded yet the most sweetest guy on Earth. He made me fall in love with him within 5 seconds after I've been chatting with him. He makes me laugh, cry, happy, sad, angry, mad...that was the time when I realized what love was. Love was all six of those things. It's suppose to be like that.

 

You don't expect love to be perfect all the time don't you? People like me describe it as terrible yet wonderful. People who don't have common sense, people who think that they have a perfect relationship are probably a gold digger. A real relationship is something like that. Yes, I'm not the luckiest person in the world, but that person made my heart beat like crazy every single time I see him. That person's name is Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun. It was fate that I met him. He gave me all those six things. That train station is one memorable place.

 

*Flashback*

I went to my grandparents' house a little early before Christmas so that I can get gifts from them. (Duh!).The more the merrier. I had to go to the train station because I'm too lazy to get myself a driver's license.

 

Since it's before Christmas, it's extremely cold. My nose, hands, and ears are numb. I mean like the kind of numb when you touch it, and it feels weird. I tried to get warm by wrapping my scarf around my head so that my nose and ears can stay warm. It was a good idea, until it kept falling down.

 

"Aish, really!" I complained to myself.

 

The man next to me was either apparently laughing at me or himself. It was starting to really piss me off, but I ignored it. Pretty soon, I couldn't take it anymore. So I said to him,"Um, sir, can you like, not laugh at me? It's kind of rude."

 

The man stopped laughing and said,"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that you're a funny one."

 

I suddenly started to blush. I could feel my frozen cheeks beginning to heat up. I'm not the type of guy who could fall in love very easily. It probably got warmer or something.

 

"Umm...okay?" Great. Now I sound like a total pabo.

 

"You know, if you want your scarf to stay around your head, you have to do this," the man said. He then took my scarf and tied it around my head so that it would cover my ears and nose.

 

"Thank you," I thanked him in a soft voice. Suddenly, my body felt kind of sweaty. And also tingly inside. That time, I didn't know what that feeling was.

 

"No problem. My name is Jonghyun," the man said, introducing himself.

 

"Kibum, but you can call me Key," I replied back.

 

"That's a pretty cute nickname."

 

My cheeks suddenly feel heated up again. I really wanted to take my jacket off because it's suddenly getting really hot.

 

"So, why are you here?" I asked him so that I can break the sudden awkward silence.

 

"Eh, to visit my parents," Jonghyun replied back.

 

"I'm going to visit my grandparents."

 

"To get more presents?"

 

"How'd you know?"

 

"I'm also doing the same thing."

 

We have a lot in common. I have a feeling we we're meant for each other.

 

This stranger named Jonghyun whom I don't know somehow makes me happy. We talked and got to know each other better while waiting for the train. Somehow, I'm not that cold anymore. He apparently made me feel warm. Then I heard a loud horn coming from the side.

 

"Oh, I guess the train here." I said.

 

"So, before you go, can I get your phone number?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"Sure." Inside, I was super jumpy. I've never felt this excited before. Usually, I'm pretty chill, but.....I don't know. This is really confusing me!

 

He gave me a hug before I go on my train. (And there goes the tingly feeling again.)

I've seriously never felt this way before. I think I'm in love.....