Jealousy

The One Who Made Sparks Fly

I slouched on the super comfortable train seat. I sighed. Ugh, when is Jonghyun going to call me?

Let me tell you this, I'm a chill guy. I don't really have that many friends, and I don't really care about love nor do I think love exists. The feeling I have inside is....exotic. Like, it's a new kind of feeling to me. It's feels strange, weird, and uncommon to me. I know most people already experienced this kind of feeling, well, I haven't. You think about them everyday right? You just can't get them out of your head and it haunts you right? Exactly, that's what I'm feeling right now.

The train was really boring. I fiddled around with my fingers, I start humming stupid random love songs, and I bounce up and down my seat like a 4 year old. While I was doing all of "that", I kept thinking of that man. He was really nice, friendly, and funny. I smiled at the thought of thinking about him. His pink, soft lips... Wait, why am I thinking about his lips? I'm not even homoual. Though, I really love his hair. I love how his hair is straight and not curly and blonde like mine. I paused for a moment. Why am I even thinking about him? I'm probably just excited that I made a new friend that's all. No need to worry....

Then the lady on the train with a blue uniform interrupted my thoughts. "Would you like some snacks, sir?" I was about to say no, but then my stomach started growling. Yeah, I do need a snack. "Yes please." The lady grabbed a small packet from the third shelf from the cart. "Here you go sir." I nodded then I snatched the snack packet away from her. (Not like in a mean way, I'm just really hungry and just can't wait to eat.)

I teared the snack packet and I saw pretzels. Why do they have this everywhere? On the airplane, and now on the train? I rolled my eyes. I seriously disgust pretzels. They're just too salty and I hate stuff that is salty. Well, since I'm hungry, I decided to give it a chance. I slowly dropped one in my mouth. I squint my eyes and chewed it slowly. That's it, I don't want to eat it. I placed them on the seat beside me. I crossed my arms and looked the other way. I glanced at the pretzel snack packet. My stomach growled again. Nope, it's not worth it. I snatched it and started to pick out all the salt. There, that's better.

Another lady with the blue uniform saw me picking out all the salt and stopped. "You know sir, we have unsalted pretzel." I looked down at my pretzel packet.....dang nab bit...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally arrived at my grandma's house. (FINALLY!) Even though I've been to my grandma's house plenty of times, I’ve still haven't memorized the way to her house. I only remembered a tinsy bit. "Ah, here it is!" And it's thanks to my memory. Well, kind of. I rang the doorbell and heard my grandma say, “Oh, I think it’s him!” She cleared her voice and I smiled. That is so like her. The door opened and she yelled, “Kibum!” Then she wrapped her arms around my neck. “Haemoni, for the last time, I told you to call me Key.” No matter how many times I’ve told her to call me by my nickname, she ignores me. “Well, I’m sorry Key-“ She said my nickname bold and clear. “I’m just not use to it yet.” I told her to call me Key like, three visits ago. “Grandma, just call me Key from now on, please?” My grandma giggled, “Okay fine, Key.” Then she pinched my cheek.

“And I also told you not to do that!” I rubbed my sore cheeks.”Okay, okay, Key. Aish, my grandson is growing up!” She clasped her hands together and looked at me as if I’m some kind of work of art. “And you’re so handsome!” She added. “Okay, I know. I’m going to go into my room now.” I carried my heavy bag into the usual room that I stayed in. I slammed the door behind me, drop my bag down, and jumped on the bed. “Aish!” The bed was not comfortable I’ll tell you. It was hard as a....um.....a bag of Doritos chips and you bite in it....and...Um...it’s stale. Yes, it’s not accurate, but it’s something like that. I rubbed my back.

I lifted my suitcase to my bed and then I started unpacking my things. Then my grandma bursts through the doors and yelled excitedly, “Key! Key! Look what I’ve got you!” In her arms, she carried a huge light pink box with a hot pink ribbon tied neatly. (And no, it’s not from Victoria’s Secret XD) My eyes wear suddenly big and wide. “Haemoni, you don’t have to get a HUGE box, one simple present is fine!” I opened the Victoria’s Secret-like box and saw brand-named clothes. “If it’s for my grandson, then I can get you anything. As long as it’s not a jet-pack, a house, a horse, a robot, or anything like that.” She smiled warmly. “Aw, Haemoni...” I gave her a hug. “I have to go to the market later on, so you can go around the town like you always do.” Then she left the room. 

 

*You’ve got a text message.

I unlocked my phone and it was from Jonghyun.

 

Meet me at Yoon IL’s Cafe at 8 ;)

                               -Kim Jonghyun

 

I glanced at the clock and it 7:30. “God damn it!” I really didn’t know what to wear. All my clothes are stuffed in my giant suitcase. So, I decided to wear the new clothes that my grandma gave me. I picked it randomly and put on whatever I grabbed. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. “Damn, I look hot!” Wait, hold on, why am I calling myself hot? I don’t even need to look good when meeting Jonghyun. Phew, this is giving me so much pressure because I don’t know what on Earth is going on? I don’t give a crap, let’s go.

“128....128......128....where are you 128?” I told you that I don’t have a very good memory. Then I heard someone yelling my name nearby. I turned to my right and saw Kim Jonghyun. He was standing up from his chair and waving his arms up in the air calling my name. Ah, so it’s across the street. I looked on both sides before I crossed it.

The restaurant was decorated beautifully. Since it was near Christmas, wreaths were hanging around the walls everywhere. Christmas socks were hanged above the warm fireplace and red ribbons tied up the stairwell. They also had ribbons taped around the cashier’s desk. “Hi, how many?” the waiter asked. Wow, this was more like a restaurant, not a cafe. “Um, I’m with Kim Jonghyun.” I really didn’t know what to say. I assumed that Jonghyun reserved a table or something, that’s why I said that I was with him. “Come this way.” The man gestured for me to go up the stairwell. I went up and there was a balcony. It was more like an indoor balcony, not a normal balcony outside. There was also an outdoor balcony. I mean, why the hell would we eat outside? It’s like 15 degrees right now.

There, sitting on the table near the window, was Jonghyun, sipping on his teacup. Jonghyun saw me and stood up from his chair and went to me and greeted me warmly. “How are you doing?” There, there’s that warm smile again. It’s just too beautiful. “Err, I’m fine, thank you.” I face-palmed my face in my mind again. I need to use better choice of words. Jonghyun pulled the chair out for me. “Thanks.” Wow, what a gentleman. Hold up, I’m also a gentleman. What the hell was I thinking? “You’re welcome.” He sat a continued to sip on his teacup. “So, why did you invite me here?” Yeah, it was pretty weird for I guy that I met for the first time to invite me to a cafe. I think he wants to get to know me better. “Eh, I was just bored a guess. I don’t really have any friends here so then I thought of you.” I was kind of disappointed with his answer. Oh, my, god, WHY DO I EVEN CARE?

Jonghyun then stared at me with his puppy dog-like eyes. Aw, he’s just too cute! He’s just too sweet! Why am I acting like a girl? “Um, can I tell you something after we’re done eating?”Jonghyun asked. Now, what is it that he wanted to say? Why can’t he just tell me now? Well, we’re basically alone in this cafe except for 3 or 4 customer or the waiters. “Why can you just tell me right here?” Jonghyun ignored me and continued to sip on his teacup again. Man, does he need to go pee or something? He’s been sipping on that cup for a long time. Just then, one of the waitresses brought out two huge plates. I didn’t even order yet. Maybe Jonghyun ordered first. Hopefully, it’s not something salty. Blergh....

“Here” The waitress placed the two huge plates with dinner-sized portions in front of us. She placed a small note next to the plate. Then she made the shape of a phone with her hand and whispered, “Call me maybe.” I smiled but I didn’t nod. Like I told you, I’m not interested to love nor do I think that love exists. On the side, Jonghyun was growling under his breath. He cleared his voice and said, “Um, we’re trying to eat here so, can you just move. We’re kind of uncomfortable.” The waitress stuck her nose up in the air and walked back to the other waitresses who were disappointed for her as well. Why did Jonghyun do that? I mean that’s so very rude of him. She just wanted to know my number that’s all. I can simply just reject her nicely, but I didn’t have the chance to because of Jonghyun’s rude go away order. I just ignored it anyway.

On the plate was a medium cooked steak with potato salad and some steak sauce on the side. Damn, this is seriously not a cafe, it’s a restaurant. I usually think of restaurant only having drinks and some meals, but not dinner sized meals. They could have salad you know, but this, this is steak, and it taste....MAGNIFICENT! The juicy taste in my mouth, oh I could eat this all day. I can’t because I’m kind of on a diet. I have a 6 pack and I’m proud of it. Jonghyun looked down at his food and glances at me once in a while.

The steak was so big. I couldn’t even eat it all. “Aish, I’m full.” And I only ate half of it. “That’s alright, I’ll eat it.” He took it with his fork and knife and placed it on his plate. He started cutting and eating it. I stared in awed as he ate all of his and mine. “Do you have I 6 pack?” I faced-palmed my face once more for not choosing my words carefully. “Yeah, of course I do. Do you?” I started blushing. “Yeah....” He nodded his head. “That’s cool.” Jonghyun then yelled to the waiter for the bill. A different waitress came out now and also put a small note in front of him. He opened it and it was the waitress’s number. For some reason, I started to getting insane and clutched my fist. Then I suddenly yelled, “YAH! HE DOESN’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS! GO AWAY!” Jonghyun stared at me with his mouth wide opened. And there goes my hand to the face again. The hurt waitress bowed down and walked away to her disappointed friends. Oh my god, why did I even do that? Jonghyun put the exact amount of money and told me to go outside quickly. Jonghyun led me downstairs and outside avoiding all the waitresses.

“You know, Jonghyun, you don’t have to pay.” I felt really guilty because I think the prices are very high even though I didn’t look at the bill. “Nah, it’s alright.” Then I whispered a thank you to him and he nodded with his warm, kind smile at me. “What was that all about?” He asked me. “What was what all about?” I was dazed after the awkward silence. “You know, you yelling at the waitress.” I panicked and tried to figure out an answer in my head. A few moments later, I said, “I just hate how all the girls just always ask me for my numbers.” Jonghyun looked gloomy after what I said. Then he asked, “then why didn’t you yell at the girl who gave you her number.” Okay, I’m trying to think of another answer in my head. Got one. “The first time, I’ll let it go. But the second time, I’ll get pissed off.” Jonghyun nodded understandably. “But Jonghyun, why did you yell at the girl who gave me her number.” I totally forgot how Jonghyun yelled at that waitress. I was curious. “Um.....um.......”

Or maybe....it was jealousy

 

Hi guys, it's me, Katdaug. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. It was because of school. (Duh!) Please comment and subscibe :D. Don't be a silent reader!!