Two Years Ago {Part Two}

I Don't Want To Call Him Brother-in-law

With my precious form in hand, Se Kyung unnie and I rushed to the SM building for the auditions. Se kyung unnie was in her disguise, with shades and a grey scarf that I knitted for her a year ago. I was proud that Unnie's accompanying me. She hardly gets a day off her drama and CF shoots, and she has specially taken the time off to support me. Unnie and I were very close sisters, and she is always there for me like how I would be always there for her.

I felt my jaw drop as I saw the long queue outside the SM building. "Unnie. I'll never stand a chance." I whispered to her as we got into the line. "Soonnie, don't worry! We can go for auditions in other companies if you'd like." She told me. "No, it's SM or nothing." I said firmly. Unnie took me by my shoulders. "Okay, but if they reject you, you mustn't despair. But I know you can do it."

It was a long long wait. Unnie and I took turns to queue, as we need toilet breaks and to have lunch and such.Finally after about 5 hours of waiting it was my turn.

"Soon Kyung, HWAITING!" Unnie cheered before I entered the audition room. I took in a deep breath and walked confidently to the centre of the room, where a single mike stood. I had prepared to sing Park Bom's 'You and I' [I know the song did not even exist at that time but I just love it, so yeah...]

After the song, I was asked several questions.

"Why do you want to train at SM academy?"

"I have a great passion in singing. I know SM academy is the best way so that I can fulfil my dreams to be a singer." [LOL. Sound like those model answers]

"Miss Shin, I 'm glad to say that the panel of judges are rather impressed with your voice. But can you dance?"

I nodded my head quickly. Miss A's Bad Girl Good Girl started to play and I danced to my heart's content, my movements flowing with the music, perfectly like the Miss A sunbaes. Suddenly the music stopped, but I was quick to react and ended with a pose that was not quite awkward.

"Not bad. We'll inform you of our decision about a week later. Await good news, Miss Shin. Thank you for participating in the SM auditions."

I bowed 90 degrees, thanking them again and again. "Unnie!!" I screamed when I came out of the swinging doors.

"How was it? Did they like you?" She asked me anxiously.

"It seems that they did. They told me to await good news, Unnie. I--"

Just then, someone who was racing down the escalator bumped right into Unnie. Her shades fell off, and the scarf too, revealing her face. "Sorry! I wasn't looking!" The boy apologised as he helped Unnie up. I didn't see his face as they fell face down, away from my view. So I was facing the boy's back.

"Hey, aren't you Shin Se Kyung?" He asked when he saw her face. "Umm, yes, I am."

The boy started to get flustered and let go of her immediately. "I.. I'm Kim Jong Hyun of the rookie group, SHINee. N..Nice to meet you." He stuttered, then extended his hand out to her.

It's Jong Hyun...?