TROUBLE IS A FRIEND OF MINE

MY KOREAN SWEETHEART ( 내 한국 애인 )

 

CHAPTER 7

 

 

 

       The dawn was breaking. Taeyeon blinked his eyes when his nature suddenly called. But then he found a girl was sleeping, leaning her head on his lap. He didn’t really remember how both of them fell asleep. Their drowsiness was taking over everything last night. He stared her for a moment and realized how beautiful she was. Her eyes, her nose, her lips. Her everything. Just like a goddess.

       As if she knew who I was.

       Carefully, Taeyeon held Tiffany’s head away from his lap and put it gingerly on the sofa in order not to make her awake. Then he tipped toe, went outside, toward the toilet.

       After he was finished his business and passed over the dining room, he found the girl was standing over there.

       “Hi, morning,” Taeyeon greeted awkwardly.

       “Morning,” Tiffany replied awkwardly too. There was a short pause.

       “Ehm,” Taeyeon faked cough. “Did I awake you?”

       “No,” Tiffany briskly shook her head. “Did I…. bother your sleep?” she asked after hesitating for a moment. Then her face blushed. Taeyeon thought Tiffany found that she rested her head on his lap. Taeyeon threw her an assuring smile.

       “Not at all,” he said.

       “How is your arm?” Tiffany asked.

       “It will be fine, like Sam said last night. No worry,” Taeyeon sounded convincing. But Tiffany couldn’t conceal her worry look.

       “Let me take care of your wound,” Tiffany offered suddenly.

       Taeyeon looked taken aback for a moment, but the next moment he could manage himself again.

       “Oh, it… it isn’t necessary…,” he smiled again.

       Tiffany shook her head. “Please let me do it.”

       “I insist,” she added and stared at Taeyeon.

       How cute she was. Then Taeyeon began to consider something. If Tiffany offered herself to take care of her, he’d be glad, of course. And he could use it as a reason for Tiffany to stay at her house because he’s sure there’s Tiffany had nowhere to go. No more safe haven for her. Apart from his house. He would never let Tiffany back to her house and met her jackass brother again in some way. Ever.

       “Okay,” Finally Taeyeon answered. He saw Tiffany widened her smile.

       “So you stay here for several days, right?” Taeyeon assured. “To look after me?”

       “Uhmmm…,” Tiffany couldn’t manage an answer.

       “I think you don’t think to back to your brother, right?”

       “But… but, I’m a stranger and it was improper too to stay at your house…”

       Taeyeon stepped forward, getting approach confused-Tiffany. He put his both hand to both Tiffany’s shoulder to assure her.

       “Hey, listen. First, I don’t consider you as a stranger. We’re friend,” he displayed his smile.

       “Second, it’s okay if you stay for as long as you want. But if you felt it wasn’t proper, I could understand it. I won’t persist. But at least, you’d supposed to stay here during you take care of my wound. During that time, you were able to look for another safe place for you. Deal?”

       Tiffany thought for a moment, then she flashed a smile. She nodded her head innocently.

       “What such a kind-hearted of you, Taeng,” she said. “Thank you,” she stated sincerely.

       “Uhm,” Taeyeon cleared his throat. “I just did what people supposed to do,” he pleaded.

       “But how about Jessica?” Taeyeon suddenly asked. “Is her house safe enough?”

       Tiffany looked sad. “I don’t think so,” she replied. “My brother had already known her house as well. Actually it wasn’t her house. She rent a small apartment. I think she has to move as soon as possible,” she said. “Maybe we’ll stay together.”

       Taeyeon was about to reply again when suddenly both of them was surprised by a scream from the room that Yuri and Jessica were occupying now. It was Jessica’s voice. They were jerked for a moment then Tiffany immediately hustled over to the room and bumped with Yuri who was stepping out of the room. His expression was odd. And he seemed rubbed his redden cheek.

       “Yuri? W-what was happening?” Tiffany asked stutteringly.

       “Your friend,” Yuri breathed out. “Slapped me again,” he said desperately.

 

   

 

 

FLASHBACK

       YURI was still hovering beside Jessica when suddenly Jessica groaned and slowly opened up her eyes.

       “Sica… You’d already sober,” he couldn’t hide his relief. Jessica jerked and looked absent-minded for a moment. Spontaneously she leaned backward, build a gap with Yuri.

       “You’re THAT GUY!” Jessica shouted frantically when she’s suddenly having an idea about the guy.

       “Wei wei… Don’t slap me! Don’t slap me! Okay?” Yuri hastily said and lifted his hands up. But it was too late.

 

SMACK!!!!!

 

 

 

       “Sica, sica, hold on!” Tiffany chimed in and rushed into her. She hugged her best friend tightly to assure her that everything was being okay now.

       “We’re at the right and safe place, Sica. Don’t worry,” she whispered and caressed her hair.

      “Where… where am I?” Jessica asked in puzzled look.

       “You were fainted for few hours and now we’re at Taeyeon’s house,” Tiffany quickly answered. “One of the man that saved us last night,” Tiffany explained briefly.

       “And that ert guy?”

       “His name is Yuri and he wasn’t ert,” Tiffany stated firmly. “He actually saved you.”

       Jessica gasped in shock. “Did~he?”

       “Yes,” Tiffany emphasized. “You’d slapped him twice and it was really a mistake,” Tiffany told her. “You’re supposed to apologize to him. He’s a very nice guy actually,” Tiffany said to dumbfounded-Jessica.

       “Owh…”

 

 

 

 

 

       YURI smacked Taeyeon’s shoulder in annoyance when he found Taeyeon was burst into laughter.

       “Are you nuts?” he glared. “I was rewarded another slap and you’re laughing at me?” he asked indignantly.

       “Ah come on, man,” Taeyeon managed to say in the middle of his laughter. “I never heard a girl slapped Kwon Yuri before this. You must relish it during your life!” he said.

       “Such a bad experience,” he mumbled. “I don’t believe she did it again to me,” he grumped in his frustration.

       “I believe everything happens for a good reason,” Taeyeon tried to encourage his friend.

       But suddenly Taeyeon saw both of girls were popping up from their room and standing behind Yuri. He quickly blinked a few times to his friend, giving him a cue to shut up his mouth but seemed Yuri didn’t notice it.

       “I can’t see any good reason is coming,” Yuri replied sarcastically. “Why she always got me wrong?” he protested.

       “Twice, if you don’t remember,” he stated again while kept rubbing his cheek.

       Jessica felt so guilty and awkward; however she didn’t have any choice unless began to open up . She released a fake cough.

       “Ummm… Sorry,” she managed to say. Yuri was taken aback and threw a quick glare to Taeyeon as though blame him for not giving him a cue. Taeyeon shrugged his shoulder defensively.

       “I have beckoned you,” he mouthed. “You didn’t notice it!” he pleaded.

       “Uhm, hi. My name is Kwon Yuri,” Yuri smiled awkwardly. Jessica smiled back more awkwardly.

       “I’m Kim Taeyeon,” Taeyeon waved his hand from his seat.

       “Feel better?” Yuri tried to change subject.

       Jessica nodded her head. “I’m really sorry,” seemed Jessica still wanted to make it clear.

       “Ugh… It’s okay,” Yuri smiled and he heard Taeyeon giggled behind him.

       He threw “I will kill you afterward” glare and Taeyeon abruptly hushed.

       “No… You aren’t okay… I overheard your… words. And… I…,” Jessica began to hold her tears in guilty. She really meant it when she said sorry. And she found her hand mark was still obviously seen at Yuri’s cheek.

       Naturally she stepped forward and touched it ~ without any purpose ~ unless to soothe it. Yuri gulped. Her touch was so gentle. He could felt his heart was thumping; whereas he got so many experiences with many girls before. But he never felt this way before. It was odd, actually.

       “I apologize for that. Really. I didn’t mean to…”

       “You don’t need to apologize,” Yuri flashed a warm smile. “Really,” he stated.

       “It was a misunderstanding. Can happen to anyone of us. You didn’t do it on purpose, moreover,” he said wisely.

       “I’d like to explain to you to make everything’s clear.”

       Yuri hauled up something from his pocket and handed it over Jessica.

       “I just wanted to bring it to you,” he began to be more relaxed. Now Jessica turned to be more surprised, even felt so embarrass as she suddenly found what she was doing to him. Oh my gosh. It was really ashamed!

       “You dropped it last night and seemed didn’t notice it. When I was about to pat you, suddenly you tilted and… yeah, that’s all…”

       “I slapped you,” she finished.

       “Well, if I was you I may do the same thing,” Yuri smiled. “Don’t blame yourself.”

       “I really feel guilty.”

       “Don’t be,” Yuri convinced. “The more important thing now is you should undergo another examination,” he said seriously.

       “W-what examination?”

       “Doctor Sam who examined you last night thought you’re gonna be fine. He stated that you got faint due to either shock or traumatic causa; but to assure that you didn’t have any fracture or internal bleeding inside your head, he suggested you to take some Roentgen photo,” Yuri explained. “Tiffany heard everything.”

       “Yes, Sica,” Tiffany assured her. “He’s right.”

       “I’ll take you to hospital,” Yuri stated.

       “I… I feel good actually,” Jessica said confusingly.

       “It isn’t you who can state. Let X-Ray states,” Yuri said firmly and somehow, in some way, Jessica was afraid to argue him anymore.

       “So let’s take our breakfast, change your clothes, and let me bring you to hospital,” Yuri demanded.

       Jessica nodded her head tamely. And she began to felt something different in her heart that she couldn’t describe it yet.

 

 

 

       Both of them just touched down to the hospital when suddenly a girl voice was heard.

       “Yuri Oppa!” the girl yelled cheerfully and rushed into him.

       Yuri jerked a little and didn’t have any chance to avoid her when the girl was jumped into his hug. He didn’t have any choice unless wrapped his arm around the girl; or both of them would stumble and fall down together.

       “I miss you so much, Yuri Oppa!” the girl said and landed a peck on his cheek.

       Jessica looked dumbfounded and taken aback witnessing the scene. She felt uneasy but she couldn’t make any sense of her own feeling.

       What the hell was happening to me? Why I feel so uncomfortable. Who was the girl? His girlfriend? Ah, why I think about it? It isn’t my business at all. But why, why I feet… upset? Am I upset?? For what?? (Jessica POV)

 

 

to be continued...

 

I giggled when writing it. Poor yuri. He got two smacks from Jessica.

But I hope I can believe what Taeyeon was saying: everything happens for a good reason.

Hope you enjoy this chapter :)