SWEET ESCAPE

MY KOREAN SWEETHEART ( 내 한국 애인 )

 

CHAPTER 6

 

 SWEET ESCAPE 

 

 

       TIFFANY was clenching her teeth and squeezing her eyes shut, waiting for the next eerie scene in her surrender.

 

 

BAM!!!!

 

       By the next time she opened her eyes, she saw the door already opened, then she witnessed two strangers hustled stepped into the room and abruptly released a lunge toward the three bastards. Yuri simply tied on one guy hand by side-kicking one his chin and elbowing back part of his neck hard when he was bending down as he crumpled in pain.

 

“It’s not your business! Her brother already dealt with us!”

 

       One of the guys yelled. For a moment, Tiffany and Taeyeon exchanged glance and Taeyeon caught Tiffany was shock hearing it, but the next second, Taeyeon took it aside since Tiffany’s safety was his first priority now.

       Taeyeon got approach to Tiffany and before the crook had any chance to tilt his head, Taeyeon already landed a hit on his head. The crook shrieked in pain and stumbled for a moment. Taeyeon hurriedly reached Tiffany and found her body was uncurbed shaking. Her eyes were gleamed with nothing but dread look.

       Taeyeon abruptly removed his jacket and put it on Tiffany to cover her body. Taeyeon put his arm around her, pulling her close, and Tiffany felt her fears ebb though she was still sniffling and though she had no idea at all who the guy she snuggled up was.

       Yuri gritted his teeth and clenched his hand, ready to release his punch as he saw the blonde was lying down unconsciously on the floor. The guy was trembling at the corner frantically, a far cry from his behavior before. Yuri was growling in his anger. He took the guy by his collar and deliberately hit him by his own head. Their head was colliding, resulting on another fainting body, falling on the floor. Yuri’s forehead was bleeding but he couldn’t sense any pain, and even didn’t care at all, as he was overwhelmed by a huge anger by the crook’s action.

       As Taeyeon focused on Tiffany, he was too late to realize sudden attack from the guy he hit previously. The guy was still sober and pulled out a knife from behind his back and just stabbed Taeyeon’s arm. Taeyeon couldn’t help but squealing in pain. Yuri tilted his head and caught his friend needed his help. He growled again and jumped at the guy. Both of them fell down and hit the floor. The incredible Yuri got up first and didn’t waste time to deliver his blows repeatedly though the guy already fainted, as though he released all of the anger from his body.

       “Taeng, are you ok?” Yuri exclaimed after rewarded one last kick to the guy. He looked worried. His body was full of sweat. His breathing was unsteady.

       Tiffany could see the bleed was massive enough. Taeyeon clenched his teeth to bear the pain.

       “Don’t think about me,” he managed to say. “We have to take them to your car and bring them to the safe haven,” he said.

       Yuri looked hesitant. “But Tae… Your arms…”

       “It…It must be stopped,” Suddenly Tiffany opened up . She looked worried than Yuri. She managed herself not to tremble again and touched Taeyeon’s arm.

       “And… your temple…” Tiffany suddenly realized Yuri’s temple was bleeding too.

       Yuri quickly shook his head. “I’m ok. I hit the crook with my head,” he assured.

       “D-do you have any… bandage?” Tiffany asked.

       Yuri didn’t think too long. He pulled up his shirt and proffered to Tiffany.

       “Would you mind to bandage him?” he asked. “I will take care of your friend,” he eyed at Jessica. Tiffany quickly nodded and received Yuri’s shirt. Taeyeon felt his tongue stuck.

       “Hold on, it will be sting,” Tiffany whispered. “Are you ready?” she asked carefully.

       “Just go on!” Taeyeon nodded.

       Tiffany pressed the wound to stop the bleeding and wrapped it with Yuri’s shirt. Taeyeon did his best effort not to scream anymore. He clenched his arm and teeth. Tiffany could see how pale Taeyeon was.

       Yuri bent down, reaching the unconscious girl and caressing her gently for a moment before bringing her on his back. Then he gave a cue to Taeyeon to quickly leave the spot.

       Taeyeon saw Tiffany limped and without any hesitation, he crouched and asked Tiffany to climb on his back. Tiffany was about to refuse but Taeyeon hurriedly persisted.

       “Come on! We don’t have much time,” he demanded and Tiffany just obeyed him.

       Both of them were rushing to Yuri’s car, across the street. Taeyeon put Tiffany down and opened the door for them. Tiffany helped Yuri to place Jessica in first then Tiffany got in the car. Yuri was driving the car and Taeyeon was sitting beside him.

       For a moment, nobody spoke. They just hadn’t recovered yet from the scenes.

       It took almost ten minutes until finally Taeyeon could manage himself to speak some words.

       “My name is Taeyeon,” he finally said. “And this is my friend, Yuri.”

       “I’m sorry we met in this kind of circumstance,” he continued and tilted his head to face Tiffany. He saw Jessica was lying on Tiffany lap and Tiffany clutched Jessica’s hand. Her eyes were puffy and swollen.

       “M-my name is Tiffany…,” she tried to manage her voice. “And this is Jessica.”

       Taeyeon nodded his head. “We’d already known,” he said. Tiffany looked bemused.

       “It’s long story. Are you ok if we don’t talk it now?” he asked gently.

       Tiffany didn’t have any choice unless nodded her head. There was too many things happened and she was really tired about it.

       “Ummm… Are you… the guy at the club?” Tiffany asked hesitantly after staring at Yuri from the mirror. Yuri was chuckled.

       “Good memory,” he said.

       Tiffany gasped. “Uhm… I behalf on my friend name… apologize for…”

       “It’s okay, Miss,” Yuri assured. “It’s only a little misunderstanding.”

       “Oh, no!” Tiffany shook her head. “Jessica was totally misunderstanding and I’m very sorry for that.”

       Yuri smiled and hoped Tiffany could catch it from mirror.

       “Never mind. Can we talk another thing?” he suggested.

       “How did you find us?”

       “It’s another long story,” Taeyeon replied gently. “We’ll tell you later.”

       “By the way, where should we send you, Miss?” Yuri asked politely.

       “Just Tiffany, please,” Tiffany replied. And silent for a moment. She looked confuse and hesitate. And Taeyeon exactly knew what she was thinking about.

       “Tell me your address,” Yuri asked and stole a glimpse through the rare mirror.

       “I… I…”

       “She’s supposed to not back home, Yul,” Taeyeon finished the sentence for Tiffany. Tiffany was took aback and looked surprise.

       “You’re afraid of your brother, aren’t you?” Taeyeon looked at Tiffany again and smiled.

       Tiffany nodded her head dubiously. “I heard what the crook said,” Taeyeon explained before Tiffany asked how could his guess was right though actually it wasn’t totally true because Taeyeon already knew about the girl past since they were trapped at the hotel room together.

       “We should go to hospital,” Yuri suggested.

       Tiffany briskly refused. “No… Please don’t. We can’t afford it… and…”

       “I don’t think it’s a good idea as well, Yul,” Taeyeon chimed in. “If we take them to hospital, the matter will be more tangled. Police will come and investigate them. They will undergo many interviews and investigations and I think they really don’t deserve to get it,” Taeyeon said. “This night was more than enough for them. They already passed a tough night and… it should be ended here,” Taeyeon continued. Yuri nodded his head after mused for a moment. He leaned his head on one of his arm.

       “You’re right, Taeng,” he mumbled. Tiffany had no idea to comment or else. She was too shock to believe what was happening, what she are witnessing or listening now. When his brother just ‘sold’ and ‘lie’ to her, two strange guys had already saved them, even let himself hurt, and seemed concern so much toward them – two stranger girls. It’s really hard to believe.

       “What if we take them to your house and we call the doctor?” Yuri asked.

       “I’m also thinking the same thing actually,” he answered then tilting his head again.

       “Are you cool with that?”

       Tiffany looked baffled again but finally she spoke up. “If… If you don’t bother…”

       “We don’t,” Taeyeon quickly interrupted and smiled. “And we guarantee you two will be fine and safe with us.”

 

 

 

       Yuri put Jessica on the large bed at one of rooms at Kim’s mansion. Taeyeon’s parents were on abroad for business trip for one month. Taeyeon guided Tiffany to follow him to the room as well. He invited Tiffany to sit on the sofa, then pouring a glass of water and handing to her. Tiffany drained it quickly as she felt so much thirsty. Taeyeon smiled and just poured another one for her again.

       “Sam will be here within minutes,” Yuri said after making sure Jessica was properly placed on the bed. He put his hand on her forearm and released a relief breath as he found her temperature was normal.

       “I hope she’s doing fine,” he mumbled. Tiffany looked bewildered when heard the name. Taeyeon caught that and gave her explanation. “Sam was our family doctor. Yet Yuri’s cousin,” he said.

       Tiffany nodded her head after gulping some water again then her eyes shifted to Taeyeon’s arm again, while Taeyeon looked at both Yuri and Jessica direction. Yuri was sitting beside Jessica, leaning forward a little and putting his hands on his lap as though waiting for a miracle to make her wake up.

       “T-tae…?” she called carefully. Taeyeon turned his head and faced her.

       “Is it ok if I call you Tae or Taeng?” She asked dubiously.

       “Anything will do,” Taeyeon smiled. And somehow his heart began flutter again when he looked in her eyes.

       “How’s your arm?” she asked with look concern.

       “I’m very sorry about it,” she said, in the edge of crying.

       “Oh, no, no,” Taeyeon quickly cut off and spontaneously wiped Tiffany’s tears.

       “Don’t cry, okay? I’m just fine,” he assured. “It’s not your fault anyway,” he beamed a gentle smile again.

       “But it won’t be happened if you not come to save us.”

       Taeyeon shook his head. “We’re glad we came in time and could save both of you.”

       “Yeah, Tiffany,” Yuri chimed in. “We’re happy we’re not too late.”

       Tiffany was sobbing again. Yuri and Taeyeon exchanged a baffled look.

       “Uh… What’s wrong, Fani?” Taeyeon asked.

       She covered her face with both her palm. “I… I still can’t believe about what was happening to me… My brother… my brother… trapped and sold me, and… you… two strange guys just saved me and my friends. You two even had no idea about us but why did you so nice to us?”

       Tiffany felt devastated at one side as her brother could do that kind of thing to her; hence felt blessed as the destiny brought them to meet two kind hearted guys like Taeyeon and Yuri.

       Taeyeon gently reached Tiffany into him and let her into his hug. His hand rubbed Tiffany’s back just to soothe her. Tiffany naturally drifted her head into Taeyeon’s chest. Taeyeon could feel his shirt was soaked with the tears and somehow his heart was getting bittersweet pang again.

       “Fani,” he said calmly.

“To help people, does it still need some reason?”

 

       Tiffany didn’t answer again. But her sob gradually ebbed. And she found something unusual. Something odd feeling about the guy that she had no idea yet. But one thing for sure, she felt much more comfortable now and she’s really thankful to God, she could meet him at this moment.

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

FIUH... Tired enough to finish this chapter...

as I struggled to build a good description about Tae and Yuri's personality

I hope you can get some imagination about their features...

I tried my best to describe their gentleman and charming sides :o)