THE LUCKY NIGHT

MY KOREAN SWEETHEART ( 내 한국 애인 )

 

CHAPTER 3

 

 THE LUCKY NIGHT 

 

       

 

       Taeyeon’s eyes were widened.

       “ME???” He asked like a fool. “I’M NOT!”

       “DON’T LIE!” The girl was about to attack Taeyeon again, but this time, Taeyeon was quickly grabbed her hand and held it.

       Taeyeon was slowly sitting on the bed corner, getting approach to that girl. Though it was quite dark, Taeyeon knew that the girl was glaring at him.

       “I do not lie,” he was stating in the firm tone.

       “So why were you here?” The girl was still at her uncertainty.

       “And why were you here too?” Taeyeon was raising one of his eyebrows. But he’s pretty sure, the girl couldn’t saw him clearly, since the glimmer – the only light source was coming from behind him.

       “It’s my question! If you can’t explain why you’re here, I will not hesitate to release my another attack!” the girl was about to reach a vase beside her.

       Duh... what kind of nightmare is itI can’t believe it! – Taeyeon thought.

       “W-wait wait. I believe it’s a mistake.”

       “Why are you stuttering? You won’t be here if you’re not ert guy!” the girl was glimpsing at him, full of curiosity.

       “I told you it’s a mistake. My fool friends were trapped me here. Satisfy?”

       “I don’t you pissing in my ear and tell me it’s raining!” the girl replied rudely, as she really couldn’t believed at what’s Taeyeon’s said. Trapping?

 

How could there were some guy spent a lot of money for – her – just to trap his friend???

 

       The girl wasn’t even put the vase off for a moment. Taeyeon was deep-sighing in frustation.

       “Listen, whoever you are, I’ve told you the truth. I’m not ert and I won’t do anything with you. You believe me or not, suit yourself! It’s not my business!” he stated firmly, in his annoyance.

       “Now, put it off!” Taeyeon was demanding. “Don’t yell or strike me again. I am really tired and wanna rest!” He was continuing while getting out of the bed nonchalantly, about to approach the crouch and lay down here.

        And they were just remaining silent.

        At least until thirty minutes ahead.

        Until Taeyeon heard something that was bothering his slumber.

        He was groaning in annoyance and almost yelling in his half-consciousness when finally he could recognized the sound. It’s... a sobbing... from... the girl?

       Taeyeon was rubbing his eyes and blinking it a few times before finally he was getting out from the croach.

 

Aish... This girl... Why is she sobbing? I didn’t even touch or hurt her, rite?

Ugh, I really hope Yuri’re with me know. He knows well how to face this kind of condition.

Yeah, he’s really a master of consoling girl, especially the one who’s crying or getting broken heart.

       Taeyeon was shaking in disbelief, in the middle of his annoyance toward Yuri – the fool troublemaker – he was still hoping his presence. He was pulling away himself from the reverie, as he was stepping forward to the bed, carefully, since Taeyeon was afraid the girl would attacked him again. But the girl seemed didn’t care or didn’t realized that he was getting closer to her now, as the girl was just drifting into her sob; her arms were wrapping her knee up, and her chin was leaning on it. Taeyeon was releasing a fake cough to break the the awkward situation. He found the girl was lifting her head a little.

       “Ummm,” Taeyeon found himself difficult to build some good words. “Are you Ok?” finally he could released a question – that totally made him spated himself for being like a dumb – since it was a stupid question.

       “You’re absolutely not okay,” he quickly answered his own question.

       “May I sit down here?” He asked in a well-manner, when he was about to climb onto the bed. The girl was only nodding her head. But Taeyeon was finding, there’s no more anger or fear in her face.

       “Wwhat’s happened? Why did you cry?” Taeyeon was asking again, when he found himself clueless at the short pause.

       “I-I’m afraid,” finally the girl opened . And the first sentence she was released was... an admission? Taeyeon was staring at her in concern look, but as it’s really dark, the girl could only capturing Taeyeon’s lip, since it was the only part of his face who was glanced off by the glimmer light.

       Taeyeon was sliding herself toward the girl a little. He was releasing his warm smile. Somehow, his drowsiness was just disappeared.

       “Don’t worry. Don’t be afraid,” Taeyeon finally said, carefully.

       “Y-you really aren’t gonna touch me?” the girl was asking confusingly. Now the sounds was barely heard.

       Taeyeon was smiling warm.

       “I’m not gonna touch you. Don’t worry,” Taeyeon was assuring once again.

       “Y-you already spent a lot of money and just... won’t-touch me?” the girl was asking in disbelief.

       Taeyeon was frowning.

 

SPENT A LOT OF MONEY? WHAT THE HELL KWON YURI DID?

 

       “Spent money?” Taeyeon was repeating. Now the girl looked like a little bit confuse.

 

This guy... didn’t look like a kind of jerk or hoodwink.

His voice was warm. Her tone was confusing when he repeated my words.

And...if he was really intending to do something bad toward me, he should’ve did it from early!

 

       “I’m sorry... I-I thought you’re ert,” the girl was admitting bluntly.

       “WHAT?” Taeyeon was surprising for a moment, but finally he began to absorb the situation. Yeah, and for a moment I thought you were... . But Taeyeon didn’t spill it out.

       “Kwon Yuri...all your asses are in a sling!” Taeyeon was clenching his teeth, imagining how fool his friend was and how great the trouble he made.

       “I’m not,” Taeyeon replied. He staring at girl deeply. Now the face was just clearer than before. Taeyeon didn’t caught less dark expression on her face. But still, the girl couldn’t caught anything from Taeyeon’s face, since the source of glimmer was coming from behind Taeyeon.

       “I-I’m sorry,” the girl finally said again, after she thought she could believed Taeyeon. Somehow, she also felt sorry for hurting him.

       “I didn’t mean to hurt your face...”

        “Ah, it’s nothing,” Taeyeon was smiling, assuring the girl. He was sliding his body a little again to reduce the gap between them, carefully.

       “May I get your name?” Taeyeon was asking in well manner.

      The girl was nodding slowly.

      “T-tiffany,” she said, stuttering, still in her sob.

       Finally, Taeyeon was getting the chance to scrutinize the face. The eyes, the nose, the lips. And everything. He was mesmerized for a moment, and should admit to himself that the girl was really... beautiful, despite of her tears and fears.

       “Tiffany, listen to me. Nobody will hurt you. So don’t worry and don’t be afraid,” Taeyeon was encouraging her.

       “R-really?” she asked innocently. Taeyeon’s heart was about melting when heard it.

Hell yeah, what‘s happening to my heart now?

       “I promise you nobody won’t hurt you,” Taeyeon was assuring.

       “W-why... y-you are so nice to me?” Tiffany asked.

       “Do I?” Taeyeon just questioned back. “Um, since the door just would be opened by tomorrow morning, I don’t want you feel uncomfortable, I mean I want you feel secure, at least around me.”

       “Do you afraid of me?” Taeyeon asked, gently.

       Tiffany was shaking her head.

       “Good, don’t cry anymore then,” Taeyeon said, warmly.

       “B-but... but, I’m afraid... after...after...tomorrow.”

       “What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked, patiently. Unconsciously he was touching Tiffany’s hand that no longer wrapping her knees. Surprisingly, Tiffany also didn’t pull back her hand and let Taeyeon grasped it.

       “After you leave tomorrow... I’m afraid...”

       “Afraid about what, Fani?”

       “I-I couldn’t escape. They will take me to another guess, and... I... I’m not sure at all I will be as lucky as this night,” now she was crying in fear.

       Spontaneously, Taeyeon was getting himself closer to her and cuddling her gently. Tiffany was still sobbing on Taeyeon’s chest; but somehow she just felt secure as she never felt before. Taeyeon was rubbing Tiffany’s back up and down to relief her.

       “Tell me, Tiffany. Who’re they, and what will happen to you,” Taeyeon asked.

       “I-I was trapped,” she said. “I was orphan and lived with my brother only. Yesterday, he took me somewhere, that initially I supposed to my new work place, as my brother promised me to help me looking for some new job, with better salary,” finally she began not to stutter anymore. Taeyeon was listening thourougly.

       “But... finally I knew, he ‘sold’ me,” she was sobbing again when said that.

       Taeyeon was clenching his teeth with anger.

       How could a brother sold her sister? I would kill that bastard if I found him!

       “H-he’s a gambler; and he’s suffering from lost and found didn’t have anything more at our house, unless...”

       “...me...”

       “I-I think... I...would lost... ‘mine’... this night,” she was admitting innocently.

       Taeyeon was squinting his eyes heard how sorrowfull the story was; somehow he felt hurt too when he heard the admission. He just pulled Tiffany’s head closer toward him, leaning her foreward on her chest, and her back of her head gently.

       “So... if tomorrow...tomorrow your time is over, the pimp is gonna pick me again and...”

       Taeyeon was caressing Tiffany’s cheek, hence wiping her tears.

       “It won’t be happened, Tiffany.”

       “H-how could it won’t be happen?” Tiffany was shaking his head in disbelief. “You don’t know how much my brother’s lost,” she said. “He wouldn’t be able to redeem me anymore,” she said desperately.

      Taeyeon was only silent when heard Tiffany’s statement.

      “Um... A-anyway... may I get your name?” Tiffany asked.

       “K-,” Taeyeon was about to tell his name, but suddenly he remembered he couldn’t do that, since he had huge responsibility to keep his image, regarding with their family reputation, though it’s really an accident.

       “Dong Won,” he replied quickly.

       “How could...you be there?” Tiffany suddenly asked.

       “I didn’t really totally got it yet, but I think it’s a mistake,” Taeyeon replied. “It’s kind of bad birthday bash. Never mind,” Taeyeon said. Tiffany was nodding her head. Her sob was totally disappeared.

       “You’re better sleep now, Tiffany,” Taeyeon said gently, about to release his hug.

       “I will lay on the crouch,” he was whispering.

       But suddenly she felt a tight grisp around his wrist. He was looking down, finding Tiffany’s hand was wrapping his wrist.

       “D-do you mind...?” Tiffany was asking, but couldn’t finisihed her sentences, since she was really embarassing about to ask the request; whereas she really didn’t want Taeyeon left her, since she felt really secure, that she’s really afraid it’s her last chance to feel it and since tomorrow she doesn’t have any idea what kind of guest who would rent her.

       Taeyeon couldn’t hide beautiful smile, witnessing how cute she was. He was nodding his head and let Tiffany snuggling into his body. Not long after that, Taeyeon found the girl was snoring in her peaceful sleep. Taeyeon was staring and caressing her slowly; and just felt an undescribable feeling that was beginning to penetrate his heart; however he just couldn’t figured it out what’s it.

       He was yawning for few times; seemed his drowsiness took over everything this time. By that, he was following her to drift into slumber land along the night.

 

 

to be continued...