I LOVE YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE

THE RIDDLE (PART TWO OF TRILOGY - SEQUENCE OF LOVE IS NEVER FAIL)

 

CHAPTER 7

 

 I LOVE YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE 

 

 

       Suddenly an awkward silent was overwhelmed the room. Sunny released a fake cough. Soo Young briskly got up. Hyo Yeon chuckled. One by one, slowly but sure, leaving the room. Giving some privacy for both of them.      

       “I can’t accept your love, Yuri. Mianhae…,” Jessica replied, her voice was almost above a whisper.

       Yuri forced a smile. “You don’t love me, Sica?” she mustered all of her courage to ask though she knew the answer probably would make her devastated.

       Jessica shook her head gingerly.

       “I love you and will always love you, Yuri,” she said sincerely and looked into her eyes.

       “Then why?”

       “Our love was different. I love you as my sister and my best friend, Yul. I could see how much you love me and I could see this day would come. I’d known that. I knew it was only the matter of time.”

       Yuri seemed dumbfounded heard Jessica’s confession.

       “You’d already known, Sica?”

       Jessica nodded slowly. Her thought was wandering now.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Jessica was waking up in the middle of night when she felt some twinge in her stomach. She was crouching; her face was crumpling in pain. And she began to sob in the dark.

By the next couple seconds, Yuri was awakening as she heard some sniffling beside her. She rubbed her eyes and blinked few times then turning on the light.

She found the girl beside her was crying while her arms was wrapping on her abs.

She jerked and abruptly sat down. She touched Jessica’s shoulder gently and angled her face to see her.

“Sica… Why are you crying? Are you ok?” she asked worriedly.

Jessica shook her head, still bearing the pain.

“I got stomachache. It hurts, Yul…,” she sobbed again.

“Ahhh… I think it’s like ulceration. I remember you were late to take your dinner, rite. And you barely ate as well,” Yuri said.

“I will take you some medicine and bring you some food. You wait here, okay?” Yuri patted her back few times and then just getting out from the bed.

Didn’t take long time, she was back with a tray with a plate of bread and a glass of warm water on it.

She handed a tablet to her and asked her to take it.

“It will suppress yet neutralize your HCl production, Sica. You’ll be fine,” she assured.

Jessica looked taken aback. Yuri smiled as though she could read Jessica’s mind.

“Sometimes I read some knowledge book. It wasn’t a big thing,” she said humbly.

Jessica nodded her head and gulped it with the warm water.

Then Yuri proffered the meal.

“I’m sorry, I only can make it to you,” she said while giving her some kind of load leaf with a chocolate jam. Jessica was able to smile a little.

“Thank you, Yul,” she said feebly.

“Mianhae, I…”

“Gwaenchana,” Yuri interrupted and caressed Jessica’s hair.

Yuri was sitting at the edge of the bed next to Jessica, leaning against the bedpost, and waiting for her to finish her food.

Then she tidy up it and put it back on the tray. She pulled the comforter back to cover Jessica. Jessica looked like more relax now.

“Still hurt?” she asked concerly.

Jessica shook her head and widened her smile.

“Good then,” Yuri smiled back and brought the tray, walked toward the door, heading to the kitchen to put it on the sink.

“Yul,” she said before Yuri left.

Yuri tilted her head.

“Gomawo, Yul…,” she whispered again.

Yuri beamed an assuring smile then she left.

When she back to the room, she found the girl had already slept.

She tipped toe to avoid some noisy sound then standing up beside the girl.

She carefully crouched and got her face close to her.

She landed a quick peck on her lips then abruptly standing up again.

“I wish you know how much I love you, Sica…,”

She whispered then went back to her bed side.

Turned off the light and felt asleep.

As the dark came, slowly Jessica opened her eyes.

She was capturing all of the scenes actually.

 

 

 

       “And I’m sorry, Yul, for not being nice to you during this time. I didn’t mean to hurt you, but I thought by being rude and acting selfish to you, you would stop to be nice for me and gradually your feeling toward me would be faded away as well,” Jessica said.

       Yuri closed her eyes and shook her head. Her hand was clutching Jessica’s hand.

       “It’s impossible, Sica,” she said. “All I found was my feeling toward you would never die, would never be decreased, instead, it just was getting more and more every day. Don’t ask me why because I also had no idea about it. All the things I could say to you were my love to you wasn’t wrong.”

       “Yuri… Please… You deserve the best…”

       “Ssssh…”

       Yuri put her fingers in Jessica’s lip to hush her.

       “Jessica, you need to know that my love for you was pure and sincere. I didn’t ask anything in return.”

       Jessica was jerked in dismay heard how sincere Yuri’s love was.

       “I don’t ask you to love me the way I love you,” she assured and plastered a warm smile. Her hand was touching Jessica’s cheek that was beginning to wet due to her tears.

       “I love you for everything you are, Jessica. All the things I want just to see you happy. When I see you smile, I realize that it’s everything that I want. Your smile. Your happiness. No matter…”

       Yuri paused for a moment.

       “No matter if it wasn’t me who bring you into happiness,” she managed to continue.

       “If one day you meet the right guy and marry him, I’ll make sure, I will be the first person who support you. I will come to him and shake his hand. I will tell him how lucky he is and yet warn him to never to hurt you or let you down. If you have chosen him, I want you to believe that I’ve chosen him as well,” Yuri said softly.

       Jessica couldn’t help but began to sob. During her life, she never felt and never found such a great and sincere love like this. She even never thought that this kind of love really existed. She used to think that she could only find it on the novel, film, or fairytale. At this moment, all of Yuri’s words really touched her heart and yet making her felt so blessed could receive a huge love like that.

        “Sica, may I ask you one request?” Yuri lifted Jessica head by chin and their eyes met.

       Jessica nodded her head.

       “Don’t run away from me again. Let me love you this way, at least until you find your prince. May I?” she asked gently.

       Jessica couldn’t spill any other words unless “Thank you”. She nodded again and immediately drifting her head into Yuri’s chest. She poured her tears here, into Yuri’s hug. Yuri tightened her arms and rubbed her back gently. For some moment, they were drifting into silence. But both of them knew, they were lucky to have each other, though they love each other in different way.

 

 

to be continued...