INTO THE NEW WORLD

THE RIDDLE (PART TWO OF TRILOGY - SEQUENCE OF LOVE IS NEVER FAIL)

 

CHAPTER I

INTO THE NEW WORLD

 

       Taeyeon was waking up when she caught a gleam of light from the outside, that no other than beautiful morning sunlight. She was still half-awaking and about to stretch her arms when she was suddenly realizing that her chest was heavy, just unlike usual. There was a short pause since she hadn’t totally recovered yet from her drowsiness; however in a few seconds, her blank eyes was disappeared, turning into a pair of shining eyes as she was totally gaining her consciousness and finding the one and only girl she loved, was cuddling up to her, laying her head on her chest.

       Taeyeon’s eyes shimmered with satisfaction while witnessing the scene. It was absurd, but for her, this is the most beautiful scenery she ever saw in the morning. As if she was afraid she wouldn’t get this moment again, she was just staying and staring without any movement, as it would probably made Tiffany woke up. She found her act was just like a dumb, however she didn’t care as she couldn’t really believed that finally Tiffany was hers. Taeyeon was still convincing herself, that it wasn’t a dream any longer; it was a dream came true, instead.

            Couldn’t resist how cute sleeping-Tiffany was, Taeyeon was beginning to her hairs carefully. She loved to sniff Tiffany scent, particularly her natural morning scent. More and more she gazed at her, finally she couldn’t help but gave a morning smooch on Tiffany’s forehead.

             Once. Pause. Twice. Pause. Thr...

            “How could you stole a kiss on me?” Suddenly Tiffany opened her eyes and released a protest. She was glaring at innocent-set-face Taeyeon. Taeyeon was only giggling, knew that her girlfriend was only pretending to be mad.

            “I didn’t steal, baby,” Taeyeon was replying nonchantanly, staring back at Tiffany; her fingers was still playing with Tiffany’s hair.

            Tiffany was puckering up her face.

            “How could I stole something that already mine?” Taeyeon was pleading confidently. She was giggling on her victory. Tiffany just smacked her Taeyeon’s lightly when finding herself couldn’t beat Taeyeon’s argument.

            “Ouch... It’s hurt,” Taeyeon was pretending to be hurt. “I gave you a morning kiss and you returned with a smack? How sadist my girlfriend was!”

            “It’s all your fault! You kissed me when I was sleeping!” Tiffany was huffing.

            “How could it be wrong? You’re mine!” Taeyeon was insisting, just playing around with Tiffany.

            “Who said?” Tiffany was raising one of her eyebrows. “Show me the certificate that stated that I’m yours,” Tiffany was demanding. Now, she was smirking in victory.

            “Yayayaya... My bad,” Taeyeon was grumping and crossing her arms.

            “You’re funny,” Tiffany was teasing.

            “You’re not,” Taeyeon was replying. Now the situation was just turning around. Taeyeon was the one who pretending to be angry.

            “Then why you’re into someone who not funny?” Tiffany was smirking again.

            “Blame yourself for being so gorgeous!” Taeyeon said, still the same expression, avoiding gazing with Tiffany. Tiffany couldn’t resisted it anymore, as she pulled Taeyeon’s crossing arms toward her, resulted Taeyeon’s falling down and leaning her head on Tiffany’s lap. Their eyes met. Slowly, Taeyeon widened her smile, couldn’t held her pretense any longer. Tiffany couldn’t helped but beginning to peck Taeyeon’s forehead.

            “You should be punished,” she was whispering after kiss.

            “What kind of punishment?” Taeyeon was teasing. Her arm was wrapping around Tiffany’s neck to keep it close.

            Taeyeon could felt Tiffany’s warm breath was tickling her face as Tiffany was staring again at her, so close. Taeyeon could saw a smoldering love into Tiffany’s mesmerizing eyes and otherwise, Tiffany caught Taeyeon’s eyes was glittering with delight when they were staring each other; and somehow it made them felt like drowning into abundant love ocean. Tiffany was pinching Taeyeon’s nose, scattering her gazing, and just gave another peck.

            “The punishment is... I’m gonna kiss you until you’re out of breath,” Tiffany was smirking.

            “I don’t mind with it then,” Taeyeon replied. “I think I’m the luckiest person in the world, since it’s the most beautiful way to die,” she continued.

            “Don’t be cheesy!” Tiffany said and pecked again. Her both arm was trapping Taeyeon who was laying down under her.

            “But you love cheesy-me, huh?”

            “I love everything on you, Tae,” this time Tiffany said seriously and sincerely.

            “I love you too, Ppani,” she replied and pull Tiffany closer, kissing her lips passionately.

            It was a long warm kiss, actually, but just got interrupted by sudden chaotic rumble outside their room. Taeyeon and Tiffany caught the voice owner as Yuri and Jessica one.

            “Ugh, I can’t believe it,” Taeyeon was muttering, while beginning to lift her body up. Tiffany was sliding her position to set Taeyeon free and about to get out from the bed too.

            “They’re really not kind of pacifist,” Taeyeon was still fuming.

            Tiffany was smiling when heard her girlfriend’s mumbo-jumbo. She just wrapped Taeyeon’s waist from behind and leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. They were walking along toward the door.

            “They’re used to that,” Tiffany was whispering. “Let’s see and separate them before it turns to be ‘riot’, Tae,” Tiffany was suggesting.

            Tiffany was releasing her wrapping from Taeyeon when they’re outside since she didn’t wanna the other members caught the scene, as she wasn’t ready to tell them the truth. She was waiting for the right time. So, they were just interwining their fingers while walking toward dining room. They found all the members had already gathered there.

            “Morning, guys!” Tiffany was greeting. The other member was smiling back at her, unless Yuri and Jessica.

            Taeyeon was giving a cue to Sunny, asking what was happening. But Sunny only shrugging her shoulder. While other members stayed silent on their track. Nobody dared to speak when it involved Jessica, unless Taeyeon and Tiffany for sure.

            “Yaaaa... what was happened?” Taeyeon finally asked. “Your sounds could make our neighbour wakes up, you know?”

            “Blame her, then!” Yuri spoke up and glanced at Jessica, but quickly hushed when she caught Jessica was glaring at her.

            “Take it back, then!” Jessica finally released some words and slided something to Yuri. It was a sandwich – with bitten part.

            “Yaaaa... Don’t be mad, Sica. I was kidding. Why did you take so serious?” Yuri was asking, but didn’t dare to look at Jessica.

            “She’s mumbling when I grabbed her sandwich,” Jessica finally explained.

            There’s a silence for a moment, but not long after that all of the members were just burst into laughter. Sunny was hitting the table few times and Taeyeon was crunching her abs, as they couldn’t held their laughter anymore.

            “W-what is it??” Jessica asked, confusingly.

            “You’re two are funny!” Taeyeon said. “It’s a silly thing, you know? You two argued just because of a sandwich? Come on, girls...,” Taeyeon was shaking her head in disbelief.

            “I wonder why she kept mumbling on me,” Jessica was pleaded, still glaring at Yuri.

            “I just took a bite at her sandwich since I thought it wouldn’t be any matter, but in fact she was grumping.”

            “I wasn’t mumbling, Sica,” now Yuri was pleading. “I just told you to...”

            “Asking permission, huh?” Jessica cut off Yuri’s sentence.

            “I thought we’re friend and close,” she said sarcastically.

            “Yahhhhh Sica... Why did you always get me wrong?” Yuri said in frustation. “I mean, next time, tell me first if you want it or anything. I could make it for you...”

            “Oh yeah. How generous you are. Thanks, but I guess there is no next time,” she said coldly.

            “Mianhae...,” It was the only word that frustating-Yuli could release.

            Tiffany was shaking her head, felt sorry for Yuri. However, she was realizing that the fight was unnecessary, and she also found that Jessica was arbitrary toward Yuri, and in the end, Yuri was always being the one who gave in and said sorry.

            Jessica wasn’t saying anything to reply Yuri; but seemed she didn’t glare any longer and the other members caught it as indication that Jessica was cooling down and only needed some space and everything just would gonna be allright.

            Suddenly, Taeyeon reached Tiffany’s waist by her arm, and wrapping it confidently. Tiffany was shocking by Taeyeon’s action. She was nudging Taeyeon to stop her action, but seemed Taeyeon was ignoring it. The others members was catching the scene and they were glancing each other, but didn’t dare to speak anything.

            “I have something to tell you, guys,” Taeyeon finally said.

            She could felt Tiffany kept pinching her back, but again, she was ignoring it. Finally, Tiffany was giving up.

            “I’m Kim Tae Yeon, by this, proudly announces that... we’re an item!!!” Taeyeon was declaring with her excitement.

            It was just a silence then.

            1 second, 2 seconds, ... 10 seconds.

            And Tiffany was beginning to feel her face was hot and blushing. And same with her couple, Taeyeon was very very embarassed by her over-confident action. The other members were just staring at her now, without any sound.

            It was really awkward situation.

            Finally, Sunny was breaking the ice.

            “What is that?” She said unpleasingly.

            “Is it a joke?” Hyoyeon asked.

            “N-no... It... It isn’t a joke,” Tiffany was stuttering. This was her first time got stuttering when talking to younger member.

            “You two were selfish,” even Soo Young, the most patient member amongst all couldn’t suppress her disappointment. “Don’t you think about our image?”

            Tiffany could felt hot and cold sweat all over her body. And she also could felt how tense Taeyeon was now; however Taeyeon didn’t loose her wrapping even for a little.

            “I’m sorry if we disappoint you all. We really didn’t mean it,” Taeyeon said in calm tone.

            Yoona and SeoHyun were staring at them too, but they didn’t scold them like another members. Perhaps they were still giving respect to them. While Jessica and Yuri were just staying silent; perhaps because they’re not in the mood to talk, since they had already passed unnecessary arguing.

            “But I really love Tiffany,” Taeyeon said. “Don’t blame her. Blame me for that,” Taeyeon said. “I’m the one who had obsession toward her,” she was admitting bluntly. It was the most brave admission that the members ever heard. They were shocking listening to that, including Yuri and Jessica who were remaining silent.

            “What is it?” Tiffany was glaring at Taeyeon.

            “It’s not true. I love her so much too. So don’t put all blame on her,” Tiffany was speaking.

            There was a pause again. The atmosphere was really tense.

            Suddenly Soo Young burst into laughter, followed by the others.

            Sunny was opening the fridge and taking a cake with candle.

            Hyoyeon was flaring up the candle.

            Taeyeon and Tiffany were agazing like a fool, still couldn’t figure out what was happening.

            “Hana, dul, set,” Soo Young said.

            “CONG... CONG... CONG... CONGRATULATIONS AND CELEBRATIONS...,” The other members were beginning to sing a song.

            “OH TTT! TTT!” Suddenly Taeyeon got it.

            Tiffany couldn’t released even any single words, instead her tears was streaming down. Tears of happiness.

            “Come on, guys, don’t be frozen. Blow up your candle!” Sunny was yelling.

            Taeyeon was towing Tiffany to step forward to the table.

            “Make a wish, please,” HyoYeon said.

            Both Tiffany and Taeyeon was closing their eyes and together, blowing the candle, followed by clapping by other members. Yoona and SeoHyun seemed excited while witnessing it and so did the others.

            “You’re really crazy guys!” Taeyeon was scolding, but she couldn’t conceal her exultation.

            “You all made me scary to death! Don’t do this again to me, please!” Tiffany was asking and again, followed by happiness laughing by the members.

            “Gomawo all... Gomawo...,” Taeyeon finally said, and for the first time, she let her the other members witnessed she cried.

 

 

tbc