Chapter 4

Before Time Runs Out

Once everyone headed up the floors, Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other before looking around the hallways. They decided best to go down the middle hallway first since it was the closest and the four EXO members already went to check out the hallway right from the enterance.

The two of them walked in silence though they couldn't even tell if it was an awkward or comfortable silence at this point of circunstances.

"Chanyeol, do you really think that we'll be able to escape here? I mean, what if the monster ends up finding us and murdering us before we can even find the book?" questioned Baekhyun as he finally broke the silence. Chanyeol looked at the other with wide eyes at such an explanation.

"I never thought that you would feel so negative about this. Don't worry yourself too much right now. We will find that book and we will get out of here. The only time you should be worried is if the monster manages to find us. Besides, Wu Fan hyung told us to find anything to use as weapons and carry them to defend ourselves and attack the monster. Just don't think on the negative, I'll be here to protect you," explained Chanyeol with his signature happy virus smile to prove that he was telling the truth.

Baekhyun look at the giant in astonishment at his meaningful words. However, it quickly went away as he frowned and smacked Chanyeol's arm. The talled yelped at the action.

"Pabo! Don't go on saying such words at a time like this. How can you still be so positive about our situation!?" threw back Baekhyun though he still managed to crack a smile.

"Because I prefer to see the light end of the spectrum and not think out the 'what ifs'. As long as we are one, we can pull though this and make it," answered the happy virus.

Before the other could reply back, the stopped at the end of the hallway as they realized that there's only one room in this hallway. They stood there for a while before Chanyeol reached for the doorknob and turned it. The room was unlock as he pushed it forward and creaked as he moved it. In truth, the lights of the room as actually on.

The two entered cautiously and looked around. The room was actually large and spacious. There wasn't really anything much to the room aside from a few old posters hanging on the walls and are still intact, about two or three sliding closets and a closed door. They couldn't help and look at it as it easily resembled to be a practice room/

"I didn't even know practice rooms existed a long time in a house like this," commented Chanyeol as the two walked around.

Baekhyun chuckled at the other, "Well they did have traditional dances unlike now how we dance. This actually reminds me of everytime we all were trying to learn choreography for our comebacks."

Back around the time of their last comeback, EXO's concept revolved around them learning a real good amount of the choreography as twelve members instead of the usual two groups of six. Some of those who were a bit of a slow learner had a harder time with the choreography than the other.

It time for a break, however those like Chanyeol, Junmyeon, and Minseok kept on practicing despite their lack of hydration in their bodies. The other members looked at them worriedly as if one of them was about to pass out from exhastion at any minute. It wasn't until Jongin went up to them with a few of the water bottles.

"Hyungs, just take a break. Look at yourselves! I understand that you're trying hard to perfect the dances but practicing to the point of exhastion is not going to get you nowhere!" lectured EXO-K's dancing machine as the three members stopped and looked at him with tired faces. He passed the water bottles to the members and they took large gulps of their drinks before they flopped into the ground and panted heavily from their overbearing practice. The other members were concerned but relieved at the same time that the trio finally took a break before something would happen to them and could lead to problems for the group's comeback.

This actually went on for a while before the comeback as the other members decided to help the three in their area of focus. They were soon finally at ease from all the help and the time of the comeback was a great success.

"Hey hyung! I found some stuff we can use here!" called out Chanyeol as he took Baekhyun out of his deep thoughts. The elder turned to the happy virus who was snooping through the closets. He approached Chanyeol to see what the other was so excited about.

"Look hyung, we can use these!" yelled the happy virus as he took out two swords from the closet. Both were real weapons except one was larger than the other. Baekhyun look very hesitant at first still surprised at the fact that the group was in survival mode and to find anything they could to protect themselves and attack the monster or now as Yixing explained, monsters.

"Give me the smaller one. You'll have the advantage with the larger one," answered Baekhyun as the younger handed him the smaller sword. Due to the members till carrying their bags behind their back, the two placed their new weapons in there for safe keeping.

Baekhyun almost failed to notice that Chanyeol disappeared again before he looked up and saw the happy virus infront of the door of th room. The elder looked panicked but Chanyeol wasn't able to open the door.

"The door's locked. We need to come back later with a key," frowned the taller.

"Let's just get out of here," said Baekhyun as he headed back to the front door of the room. Chanyeol quickly followed so the two could stick together. The duo soon ended up back to the front entrance and walked the left hallway from the door. There was two door down the hallway before turning the corner, however, they failed to open it after finding out that both doors are locked.

The two finally turned the corner and were talking to each other to make sure the silence fill the air. As they kept walking, Baekhyun spotted something through his side vision and stopped. Chanyeol stopped as well as he started feeling a dark aura around the two.

Even though he refused to, Baekhyun was first to look forward. As he looked up, his eyes widened.

There was a door at the end of the hall but however, there was something infront of it. It was a large black silhouette with large demonic eyes.

That's when Baekhyun realized,

it was the monster.

Just a few meters away.

Staring back at him.