Chapter 3

Before Time Runs Out

Sorry for the late update. School is so busy!! ><"

--

 

At this point, everyone was dead silent at the reality they're facing. They really couldn't  believe that this was happening to them.

The silence was broken when Zitao and Wu Fan finally returned from their search in the kitchen.

"Guys, what happened? You all looked like you saw the monster or something," questioned Zitao upon looking at everyone's faces which were paler than usual, well aside from Jongin . Wu Fan look at the rest of the members in question.

"We're locked in..." choked out Jongdae with a horrified look as he was the first of the others to finally speak.

Zitao just scoffed at the answer, "That's nonsense, gege! I doubt that door is indestructible or something. Let me try to break it down."

The EXO-M maknae signaled everyone to step back as he gotten into a fighting position. He took a breath before he swung his leg with great force that it was almost invisible for the members to to see.

However, his eyes widened that wooden door held firm to take on his hit but he was more surprised to the fact that his he didn't feel any pain from hitting against it and that his leg was perfectly fine.

"W-what is this?" questioned Zitao with surprised look.

"We told you! We're locked inside. We've tried the knob and even tackling it but no result," answered Baekhyun.

"Well....the rumors were that if someone was to find out the curse of this house, then they would be trapped inside to face the monster that's inside," recalled Minseok.

"Okay, just what the hell happened when you guys left to check out the rooms in the hallway?" asked Jongin as he looked at Zitao, Wu Fan, Yixing, and Junmyeon. Yixing and Junmyeon tried their best to hide their completely pale white faces.

"Duizhang and I entered the kitchen and found out that the crash was from a broken plate that dropped. We still have no idea how it was dropped in the first place because there was no other plates on top of the counter," explained Zitao. Everyone looked at Yixing and Junmyeon who were fairly shaking out of fear with wide eyes.

"Hyungs, don't tell us that you found something that we weren't supposed to know," said Jongin with his brows knitted together at the thought.

The two only hung their heads in defeat despite their still terrified state. Junmyeon decided to finally speak up and explain to the group.

"Well....the room we ended up with was a library. Yixing and I decided to look around the shelves incase we found anything and we ended up finding a red book...that explains everything about this house," answered EXO-K's leader.

The others were quiet before Yixing continued the explanation, "Apparently the house has been here for centuries and belonged to many wealthy familes. However, the last residents weren't even a family. Apparently the last use of the house was about a century ago that this mansion was used not as a home but an asylum for the most psychopathic people. However, one of the patients was completely insane that he escaped from his room and went on a killing spree on the other patients, the nurses and doctors and there were only a few survivors. The survivors called a family that believed in witchcraft and locked the patient in one of the rooms of the mansion and placed a seal on not just the room, but the entire house to make sure he never escaped it and he eventually died from lack of essentials. However, his spirit still resides here as the form of a monster that kills anyone that enters the house, finds out what happened here and are trapped here from the seal that the family has placed here. Also there are other monsters here well that are spirits of the people that have died in this house."

Once again silence filled the air. Words couldn't even begin to describe how each member felt about such a history of this mansion. This explained the strange and eerie aura that carried in the air inside the house but didn't carry such outside of it as it resembled a normal home.

The first to speak up again was Chanyeol, "Is there anyway....that we can escape this place? At all?"

Junmyeon could only hold a weak smile at the younger, "We found that there's a book that might be able to help us escape however it's hidden in a study in one of the floors of the house. There's actually six floors in this house so who knows how long it'll take us to find the study without being spotted by the monster."

"Then we'll have to divide ourselves in groups of two to search for that book," spoke up Wu Fan as he finally decided to talk. Everyone turned to him before he spoke once more, " Each pair will take a floor and search every room. If anyone of them are locked, leave them alone until we can find a key. The pairs are never allowed to separate because there will be an easy chance for the beast to come after someone. Find anything you can use as a weapon for attacking. If anyone finds the book, Find everyone else to bring them back here."

At that point, everyone agreed on Wu Fan's orders. They had no other options left and followed through. After a short while and everyone came to agreement on pairs and which floors they'll take.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol took the first floor, Jongdae and Minseok took the second, Yixing and Junmyeon took the third, Sehun and Lu Han took the fourth, Zitao and Wu Fan took the fifth, and Jongin and Kyungsoo took the top floor.

Wu Fan spoke to everyone once more before they all separated on their own, "Alright everyone, make sure to watch your backs and find that book. Most importantly: Protect each other and stay alive."