Chapter Four: Ignorant Baekhyun

Really wanna say hello.

 

“Everyone, please be quiet.”

Luhan looked up to the teacher, wondering what she wanted this time.

“I want you guys to do an assignment today.” The whole class, including Luhan, started to growl and protested at the sudden information. The teacher tried to get the class silent again, what wasn’t an easy job. “Please, just listen already! It’s easy! You only need to lessons for it!” The teacher finally snapped when the class just wouldn’t shut up. And with that, they actually went quiet.

“Finally.” The teacher sighed deeply. “I already paired you guys up. Now, come here so I cantell you the group you’re in and the assignment. You guys are divided in groups of 3.”

Everyone, except for Minseok, rushed to the front desk. Luhan also rushed with them, hoping he was grouped with a certain cute baozi. ‘Please, please, Krisus, please, I beg you, Minseok, Minseok, Minseok-’ When he was finally at the front, he was dragged away by a person before he could even see who he was grouped with.

“What the-”

“Luhan! We’re in the same groups!” Luhan looked down up to see his cute, puppy faced friend, Baekhyun. The latter was excited and jumped up and down. “I’m so happy!”

“Y-Yeah.” Luhan stuttered, unable to hide his disappointment. Well, he was happy to be grouped with Baekhyun, they were good friends and he liked the latter a lot. But he hoped so much he was grouped with Minseok.

“Let’s go to hyung! We’re grouped with us too! Aren’t you happy?” Baekhyun said a bit overexcited. Luhan raised his brow. Wait, what did Baekhyun just say? Why would he be so happy?

Luhan’s question was answered when he saw Baekhyun taking a table and turned  it so, that it was connected with Minseok’s table.

“Luhan-hyung! Come!” Baekhyun gestured the older one to hurry up before he turned to Minseok. “Minseokkie! We’re grouped together.”

Luhan walked toward the table next to Minseok with baby steps. He could feel his heart flutter every inch he came closer toward his crush. He felt his cheeks getting warmer and he knew he was probably bright red.

He shyly took the seat next to Minseok and smiled slightly toward the elder. Minseok returned the smiled.

“Hey, Luhan-shii.”

Luhan cursed himself for being such a coward. Minseok had greeted him, but he was to shy again to say anything back. He gathered his courage and was about to greet the latter back, but it took Luhan so much time to gather his courage that Minseok already turned the other side with a disappointed look.

“-Shii? Minseok-hyung, just call him Luhan! Drop the –shii.” Baekhyun turned to Luhan and winked at him. ‘I got your back, bro!

Minseok raised his brow and Luhan rolled his eyes. ‘Why is Baekhyun so ignorant…’ Of course Baekhyun hadn’t thought that if he winked to him, Minseok would see it too.

“It’s okay. I don’t think Luhan-shii would like it if I drop the –shii.”

“It’s okay!” Luhan covered his mouth as the words came out a bit too excited. “I-I mean, i-it’s okay.”

Minseok looked with slightly widened eyes to Luhan and Luhan though it was the cutest, surprised face ever.

“Okay, L-Luhan?”

Luhan didn’t know if his brain was imagining things again, or that Minseok had just stuttered and blushed while saying his name oh-so lovingly. Luhan never felt so special when someone said his name. He wanted Minseok to say it again.

Minseok tried to hide the blush by getting the stuff. “Let’s s-start with the assignment.”

“Are you blushing Minseok?!” Baekhyun, being the ignorant him, shouted out and laughed in his seat. “Aren’t you glad L-”

Luhan jumped over the table with his upper body and covered Baekhyun’s mouth before he would say too much. Luhan slapped the youngest one and told him to shut up and stop embarrassing them.

“Arraso, Arraso.” Baekhyun said while calming himself down. Luhan may have though he was ignorant and doing this all by accident, but he knew well enough what he was doing. He was doing it all to help his hyung with his crush. “But no Minseok. We’re not doing the assignment~ Let’s all talk happily~” Baekhyun said while throwing the assignment papers behind him, hitting another classmate.

Why am I grouped with him.’ Both Minseok and Luhan though and they both sighed at the same time. They looked at each other, but averted their gazes to avoid eye contact again.

-.-.-.-

Minseok sat down together with Baekhyun at their usual meeting place. A small café in front of the school. They were chatting about random things before Minseok finally dared to ask the thing he had been curious all this time.

“Baekhyun… You’re friends with those guys right?” Minseok played with his cup and took a sip from it, waiting for Baekhyun’s answer.

Baekhyun smiled playfully. “Which guys? Luhan you mean?”

Minseok face-palmed his head. Of course, it was the forever straightforward Baekhyun, what else could he expect? The latter to be considerate and act along?

“Yeah, Luhan.” Minseok knew there was no need to deny it now. “You know, sometimes he seems sounds really mean and rude. But then he shows that lovely smile and he changes completely. I wonder if he is like a  sheep in wol-”

“Lovely?” Baekhyun laughs out loud, gaining looks from some students who were also there. Minseok hadn’t even noticed he had said that out loud, but Baekhyun did notice it. “OH-EM-GEE!” Baekhyun exclaimed like a diva. “You admitted Luhan’s smile is lovely!”

“Yeah, yeah, I admit. Now tell me.”

Baekhyun didn’t expect Minseok to admit it so easily. He coughed and became serious now.

“Luhan…”Baekhyun lifted his finger on his chin, acting like he was thinking really deeply. “How  to describe Luhan… He isn’t what he seems.”

“So it’s true…” Minseok muttered a bit disappointed. He thought that he could actually become friends with Luhan.

“He seems cool right? He looks quiet and sweet right?” Minseok nods along.

Baekhyun looked around and gestured Minseok to come closer. “Well… He isn’t.” He whispered mysterious. “He is…”

“A baozi-loving, dorky, hyper idiot!” Baekhyun exclaimed and laughed. “He’s pretty much like me!”

Minseok didn’t know if he felt relieved to hear that or not.

-.-.-.-

“Luhan!”

Luhan looked around and was shocked to see his one and only crush calling him and waving at him. Luhan was only able to wave back with a smile on his face.

“He-”

~You’ve got the wrong number. I’m sorry you’ve got  the w-~

Luhan looked pissed at his phone and cursed the caller in his mind for daring to interrupt one of the happiest days of his life.

“Hello?” Luhan answered.

“If I’m free tonight for a date?”

Minseok heard it and thought it was better to leave. “If you’re busy, I should leave.” Minseok whispered and gestured the other way.

Luhan flipped. Even though he was so happy that Minseok had said it to him instead of just walking off.

“No! Stay!” Luhan held onto Minseok’s wrist.

“No, Not you. Wait, I’ll call you back to say no!” Luhan hung up the phone immediately without realizing what he said to the other on the phone. “Oh ! I mean- I didn’t mean to say that.” Luhan stressed. Minseok will think he’s an now.

“It’s okay. I know you’re not like that.”

The rest of the way consisted of Minseok chatting with Luhan, while Luhan could only nod at everything Minseok said to him. He listened to every single thing full with admiration.

When suddenly a girl interrupted Minseok in the middle of his story. She looked with disgust at Minseok.

Minseok didn’t feel good at all and that didn’t go unnoticed by Luhan. Luhan looked lovingly at Minseok to make the latter feel better.

“What are you doing with that.” The girl eyed Minseok and scoffed. “You’re really too nice Luhan that you talk with him.” The girl giggled.

Minseok feels more than hurt and walks away out of the blue.

Luhan felt a bit sad. He glared at the girl. “Get away!” Luhan spatted out mean. “Don’t talk about Minseok-hyung like that! Don’t ever show your face in front of me again!”

He pushed her away and ran toward the direction Minseok had left, but the latter was nowhere in sight.

-end chapter 4-

a/n: Late update~ I’m sorry… I failed the exam so I couldn’t update… I got a 49 for two subjects… Gonna retake history today~ Let’s hope it goes well so that I can post the last 2 chapters sooner~ Love you all, and sorry that I don’t reply to your comments T_T I read them all and they all made me so happy!! I will try reply them later!