Dimples

His Caramel Cappuccino

The next two days Lay came in as usual and you two had small chats. Constantly you asked yourself what could possibly be in his notebook, but you didn't have the courage to ask. You felt like you would be prying for something that wasn't any of your business. When Saturday came around you were at home panicking.

You didn't own a wide variety of clothes, neither a large budget. It was 9:30 in the morning, you woke up a bit early to make sure you would be ready by eleven. But now you were now worried, not having anything to wear.

You raced around in your apartment frantically trying to think of what to do. After much thought you decided to ask your older sister for help. You haven't talked to her lately but this was an emergency.

Picking up your phone and dialing her number you waited and waited, when she picked up you somewhat shouted in panic, "Jieun please help me!" you cried into the phone.

"What do you need baby sis?" she chuckled.

"I w-well I need" you stuttered.

"You know what? I'll be there in a fifteen minutes wait for me" she hung up and you panicked again. You ran to the bathroom to wash your face and take a shower. After fifteen minutes you heard your sister let herself in and you stepped out of the shower with wet hair.

"Help me get ready for my date" you plead with your hands clasped together. Using your best aegyo that was rarely used, you begged.

"Wow, your first date, must like the guy huh?" she laughed.

You aegyo filled face disappeared and was replaced with a frown, you asked for the second time, "Please just help me get ready"

~

"So tell me about him" she said as she straightened your hair.

"Well, I don't know him, he just goes to the cafe and he's really cute" you pinked.

"So you don't know him, but he asked you on a date?" Jieun furrowed her eyebrows in concentration as she raised your head to get a better angle. She carefully applied eyeliner then put on a light coat of mascara on your lashes.

"Well it was more like lunch, and it's just to say thanks for saving his notebook" you winced when she poked your eyes with her eyeliner.

"So what do you plan to wear?" she asked after finishing putting on your light makeup and your hair.

"I honestly have no idea, and I'm meeting him at the cafe at 11:00" you rubbed your neck.

"I think I have the perfect thing for you to wear, it suits you very well." she said running back out to her car and bringing in a some clothes in a bag.

"Go put it on now" she pushed you towards your room.

(without the sweater over just a grey cardigan)

"This feels weird" you said not used to shorts, even though you barely had any skin exposed. 

"It looks good, you're wearing it whether you like it or not" she declared and decided to tie your hair in a bun. Now you were all cleaned up and looked cute. Your already large eyes were enhanced from the makeup. Your cheeks lightly pink, with your hair tied in a messy bun was a nice touch.

"I still feel weird" you awkwardly crossed and uncrossed your legs.

"Just stop fidgeting, oh look at the time it's 10:45" your sister grinned cheekily looking at her watch.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" you shout grabbing your purse and shoving your phone into your bag.

"Take me to the cafe please, I don't want to be late" you pleaded.

"Alright you dork" She smiled and you both got in the car to the cafe. She dropped you off and you thanked her and she wished you luck. Good thing you took her car you weren't late and Lay wasn't here yet. You ordered a iced coffee and sipped it quietly while sitting in a faded green chair. Just in about five minutes Lay opened the door and walked in.

"Hi Lay-sshi" you waved shyly and grinned.

"Hey Jinah. You can just call me Lay you know" he greeted back nicely.

"Oh alright Lay" you smiled at the chance to call him just Lay.

"Ready for our date?" he smiled cheekily showing his dimples. Your heart fluttered hearing him say "our date"

You nodded and he gestured outside. You followed him and to your surprise he had a motorcycle. 

You gulped and grew nervous. 

"Jinah-ah are you alright?" he waved his hands in front of you trying to get your attention. 

"Y-yeah I'm alright" you stuttered and pinked. 

"Are you afraid or motorcycles?" he asked with a worried tone. 

"I just never ridden one before. I have a scooter but I doubt it can keep up with your motorcycle." you rubbed the back of your neck. 

"It's alright just hold on tight to me, and wear this helmet" he handed you a baby blue helmet and you stared at it. You were admiring its cute colors and floral decals on the side. he laughed and took the bun out of your hair and put the helmet on for you. 

"There we go" Lay said before putting on his own helmet. 

he sat on the bike and patted the space behind him waiting for you to climb on. You say awkwardly behind him fumbling with your purse. he gingerly took your purse and placed it in the small compartment underneath him. 

"You better hold on if you don't want to fly away" he chuckled under his helmet. You wrapped your arms around his waist careful not to hug too tightly. You blushed at your position because you we're basically giving him a hug. he started the bike and you jumped at the sudden roar of the engine. It wasn't anything like your quaint little scooter. 

he started moving and you grew more nervous and your stomach filled with knots. 

"You can hug me tighter it's ok" he shouted over the noise of the engine. 

Hugging him tighter you buried your helmet closer to his back and he laughed. Not hearing him over the noise of the engine he said "cute"

After what seemed forever, he finally parked his bike and you stepped off slightly dizzy. You pulled the helmet off and it frizzed your hair. Frowning you handed back his helmet and patted your hair down, then you smiled when you felt the knots disappear. Lay watched you and smiled seeing your pouting expression change into a beaming one in a matter of seconds. 

When you looked at your surroundings you were expecting the typical nice restaurant or maybe even a food stand. Instead surrounding the both of you was a beautiful park with a large fountain and children running through the water park nearby. 

Completely in awe you smiled and continued staring at the bright sunny park. 

At a nearby table you saw about five handsome guys waving to Lay, he waved back and gently tugged on your wrists, bringing you to the table. 

An umbrella was providing the checkered table shade. Two extremely tall guys waved and gave you a smile you blushed. They gave Lay his guitar and another guy with large cheeks gave him a basket. 

"Call me when you want the flowers" the baby faced blonde whispered and gestured for the others to follow him. One guy with black hair and strong cheek structures saluted you and gave you a wink. 

"Bye Lay's girlfriend!" the tall boy with deep eye bags said and waved cutely. You immediately blushed and shook your head. he waved one last time before running off to his friends. 

"My friends sure are embarrassing though huh?" he grumbled. 

"Nah I think it was rather sweet of them" you pinked. 

"I asked them this for me as a favor, they pestered me so much" he laughed. 

"Why would the pester you?" you asked curiously filling your voice. 

"Because I've never done something like this for a girl" he admitted quietly. 

Silent for a moment you pondered and realized the meaning behind it, then you grinned. 

"We should eat up then!" you cheered. 

he smiled showing his dimples again and nodded. Opening the basket there were small rolls of kimbap and other small side dishes. he took everything out and set it on the table. Pulling out the assortment of food you beam and your lips.

The two of you started to eat and chat about your majors.

Lay was taking dance and singing while you were taking business. You wanted to become a lawyer. Lay wanted to be a dance or singing instructor. When he started talking about his love for dance you were intrigued and nodded listening carefully. When he asked about why you chose business as a major it was because you felt some people don't do their jobs right. You felt as though there were always improvements to be made, after rambling to him you apologized thinking he was bored to death.

he shook his head and said, "No keep talking please"

You grinned and continued to tell him about how you would love to make things better. You wanted to have greener projects worldwide and to have better education for schools, he smiled and listened carefully, as though listening to a lecture.

When you two finished, both of you cleaned up and threw away the mess.

"What about the basket? We can't just throw it away can we?" you asked not wanting to throw away a perfectly good basket.

"Don't worry about it, my friends will pick it up later." he grinned and gestured for you to follow him. The both of you walked through the park and Lay kept his guitar on his back the whole time. Still thinking about what was in his notebook you finally decided to ask him.

"Hm, Lay?" you spoke up.

"Yes Jinah?" he looked at you while you two strolled through under the fall leaves.

"When you come to the cafe, what do you so all the time?" you asked kicking the leaves.

"Well I go write music, I compose on my laptop and write in my notebook" he said admiring the sky. It was nice and sunny, and it was around 2. 

"Really, you write music? I thought you just played it" you exclaimed sheepishly.

"It's hot" Lay said out of nowhere fanning himself.

"Really? I don't feel that hot" you said walking now walking close to the water park area of the large park. Lay propped his guitar to a tree and waddled to the water. he bent near it and splashed water on his face. Seeing him, you got a evil idea. You ran behind him and shoved him into the water that was spraying out of the sprinkler. His shirt got soaked and he turned around clearly not amused. Seeing Lay with his white shirt clinging to his built frame you gulped. You quickly fled the scene.

"Hey come back here!" Lay shouted and chased after you.

"No way" you shouted  while running away.

You dodged through the water and waddled carefully trying not to slip. Good thing you didn't wear boots or you would've slipped by now. he continued chasing you and he suddenly sped up and caught up with you. he waved his arms through the water sprinklers and got you sprayed with cold water. Gasping at the cold contact you splashed him back.

Kids nearby were giggling at the sight of two adults playing in the kid's zone.

You ran away again but before you could get far his arms wrapped around your tiny frame. You squealed and wriggled. he hugged your back and picked you up walking back to the area where he left his guitar. he stood by the sprinkler taunting you as though he would run through it while holding him. he finally ran through it and the two of you were almost soaked head to toe. Your hair now dripping wet he let you go and laughed.

Now pouting because you were thoroughly covered in water, you wrung your hair out. Waddling beside Lay you pouted at him. he stuck his tongue at you and you two laughed at sat down on a nearby bench to dry off.

"Waah it's so cold" you said squeezing the water from your shirt. Now that your hair got wet, it started to become wavy again.

"You're the one who pushed me first" he laughed.

"You clearly stated you were hot." you pointed out.

"That doesn't mean I want to be covered in water" he gestured to himself.

"My clothes keep sticking to me" you pouted. As you said the clothes were clinging onto your tiny waist, you stripped off your cardigan and you laid it out to dry on the bench.

"It will dry." he chuckled at you.

"I know" you drew your knees to your chest and scooted away from Lay.

"Jinah-ah, are you mad at me?" he cooed suddenly. You raised your eyebrow at his sudden change in attitude. You quickly shook you head turning away red in the face.

"If I play for you will you forgive me?" he pulled his guitar on his lap. You looked at him from the corner of your eye and he started playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3m3dzOp-q4&feature=player_embedded

he played it softly while singing You turned to face him as he sung sweetly. You could tell it was in Chinese but weren't sure what he said.

You clapped awkwardly then realized people were looking so you blushed then stopped clapping. You were pleasantly surprised at his sweet voice.

"How was it?" he asked grinning showing his signature dimples.

"You were great, I wish I could sing, but I sound like a dying whale" you joked.

"Sing for me then" he said with a serious face.

"Maybe next time" you laughed.

"Next time, but you have to promise" he stuck out his pinky for you. You smiled and linked fingers with his, he kissed his hand.

"Now kiss your hand" he pointed with his other hand. You laughed but did what he told you.

"Now you have to sing next time we go out ok?" he smiled.

"N-next time?" hou stuttered, shocked he would want to spend more time with you.

"Of course next time silly" ye smiled. His smile brought bubbles to your stomach. Grinning back you both leaned comfortably on the bench with about half a foot distance between each other. Unknowingly to you, Lay was wanting to move closer but he restrained not wanting to make you an more nervous than you already were. Instead you two peacefully sat and gazed at the scenery around you.

The sky was getting dimmer and dimmer by the minute. The breeze picked up and your hair being thick, made you cold. You glanced to your side seeing Lay has fallen asleep, you chuckled and stretched out. You suppressed your body's want to shiver and you kept still not wanting to ruin the nice atmosphere. When another gust of wind swept the leaves and you sneezed.

"Huh wait what?" Lay snapped awake.

"Nothing!" you shook your hands.

"Oh woah it's getting late." he checked his phone that he left with his guitar. 

"Not really you just fell asleep for like, two hours..." you counted the time.

"Were you awake the whole time?" he asked stretching.

"Yup" he stared at you wide mouthed.

"You're going to catch flies" you closed his mouth.

"But but you just sat here for two hours while I slept." he protested.

"It's only like five" you shrugged getting up.

"Do you want to do something fun?" he suddenly said.

"Like?" you asked.

"You want to go to the arcade?" he suggested. You thought he would have said movies, but you guessed wrong. *I guess Lay isn't the stereotypical guy* you smiled.

"Let's go!" you smiled and jumped up from the bench. You picked up your cardigan and put it on loosely.

he smiled at your sudden enthusiasm and leaded you back to his motorcycle. You enthusiasm diminished to a small spark and you stared at the motorcycle once more. he placed the helmet on your head and patted it on. he climbed on and you noticed his guitar seemed to have vanished into thin air.

"Where did your guitar go?" you asked worried that he might have left it behind.

"I didn't leave it behind, but my friends picked it up for me" he said answering your thoughts as though he had read your mind.

he climbed onto his bike and patted the seat behind him and turned to face you in his helmet, even under his helmet you could see his eyes smile. Feeling a bit more comforted, you hopped on and hugged his waist.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yup, onward my mighty unicorn!" you cheered trying to get into a better mood.

"Unicorn?" he asked smirking underneath his helmet. he started the engine and you squeezed him righter, he sped off into where ever the arcade may be. 

Lay easily went in and out of traffic, in less than fifteen minutes you had arrived at the arcade. he parked his bike and you hopped off still slightly dizzy. You took the helmet off and shook your hair and patted your hair down. Now beaming you gave Lay back his helmet and you strode off towards the arcade.

"Uhm, the arcade is this way" he jabbed his thumb in the opposite direction.

"Oh" You mumbled sheepishly. "I was just uh testing you" you coughed.

"Sure" he nodded and you walked alongside him. Stepping into the arcade you noticed some groups of rowdy looking boys. Thinking that they looked intimidating you stuck close to Lay. he chuckled and motioned for you to follow him. he walked over to the DDR machine and you were awed at the bright colors. Surprisingly enough you've never played before.

"Let's play!" he said grabbing your hands and pulling you next to him. You bumped into his shoulder then moved away.

he inserted a coin in the machine and a selection menu came up, he choose a easy song first and the arrows came up on the screen and the music blasted. Slightly confused at what to do you watched Lay and tried to follow him. You looked like as though you were a chicken with your head cut off, your feet weren't what you called the most coordinated. After half way the song you tried not to trip yourself and ended up slightly getting the hang of it. Not anywhere near as impressive as Mr. Dancy pants to your left but you didn't look too stupid.

After that one song you didn't want to play again so instead someone else asked to play with Lay. Some slightly tanned guy who had thick lips. he was pretty good looking, but to you, Lay was the best.

The both chose difficult songs and were wildly stomping to the games beat. You watched interested and soon a crowd of whooping boys packed in near you and you felt closed in. You felt hands grazing your slightly exposed thighs and you gasped.

*I need to get away from these people* you tried to move away but the people around you were quite tall and were jumping and whooping. You felt light headed and shook your thoughts away. *No not now, I can't I have to spend the rest of the day with La-* You thought before falling over and landing on a brunette. Unconscious you were pushed around in the group of guys until arms were secured around you and you were pulled away.

"Jinah! JINAH!" Lay shouted shaking you. You woke up and shook your head.

"What happ-?" before you could get another word out the air was squeezed out of you. Lay, he was hugging you, I repeat hugging, you. You gulped and you patted his back unsure of what to do.

"I thought- well I don't know, you got me worried! Don't do that ever again!" he said crossly flicking your forehead.

"Hey is that any way to treat a girl who got smothered between a bunch of sweaty people" you tried to scowl at him, but ended up just looking like a puppy.

"Your scowling looks like a puppy" he chuckled at you and ruffled your hair. Patting your hair down you strode off in a random direction. he followed you and poked your sides. You immediately stiffened and tried not to giggle.

he chuckled and noted to himself that you were ticklish. Sighing in relief that you weren't found out you turned to him.

Realizing he was pretty close he smiled, you poked his dimple. "I like your dimple" you then mentally face palmed yourself thinking how creepy that sounded.

"I like your rosy cheeks, it's cute" he chuckled and poked your cheeks in response. You stretched then yawned covering your mouth.

"What time is it Lay?" you asked rubbing your eyes.

"It's about 6" he said checking his phone.

"You originally said you were taking me out to lunch, what made you spend more time with me?" you asked thinking how this "date" was supposed to be just lunch.

"Is something wrong with wanting to spend more time with you?" he explained bluntly. After a few seconds, what he said sunk in. *he wants to spend more time with me* you smiled giddily over thinking things like you usually do.

"Jinah-ah" Lay called you waving his hands in front of his face. Snapping back to reality you smiled.

"Yes?" you blinked multiple times.

"Want me to take you home now?" he asked.

*But I won't get to spend time with Lay* "Sure" you beamed not wanting to show him your disappointment.

Both of you strode your way to his motorcycle but it would be about ten minutes before you get there, you walked farther from the arcade when you and Lay were talking. 

"Jinah. Why did you pass out?" Lay asked suddenly while kicking the leaves on the ground.

"I'm claustrophobic, I just can't handle those tight enclosed spaces" you rubbed your arms, slightly cold. The sun was starting to set and its warmth now disappearing bit by bit.

"Oh I didn't know" he said with a saddened look.

"Lay, don't worry, it's not like you knew that was going to happen" you patted his arms.

"Yeah but I could ha-" you cut him off by sneezing.

"Sorry, continue" you rubbed your hands together trying to create friction.

"You're cold, how inconsiderate of me.. " he pulled you closer and lazily slung his arm over your shoulder. "Now you're warm right?"

You immediately warmed up, not from Lay's body heat but from embarrassment.

"Thanks" you mumble quietly.

"Sorry, I left my jacket with my bike." ye chuckled. You mumbled some more and he just nodded continuing to walk with you under his arm.

People that walked by were constantly making comments.

"Aigoo such a cute couple"

"he's so cute!"

"Oh I like her shirt"

"Tsk tsk, youngsters nowadays, never keeping their hands off each other"

You blushed at the couple comments. Lay beamed and unconsciously pulled you even closer.

After what seemed like hours, you reached Lay's motorcycle in less than five minutes. Lay took out a jacket and wrapped it snugly around you. he fumbled with the zipper sticking his tongue out in concentration and he zipped it up.

"Nice and warm right?" he gave you his warm smile with a hint of dimples.

"Yeah I'm warm, this sure is one of the manliest jacket I've ever seen" you said snuggling into his purple jacket. he chuckled and placed the helmet on your head. 

"Where do you live?" he asked. You told him your address and he nodded. He sat on his bike and traditionally patted the seat behind him. Now growing slightly used to being on his motorcycle you jumped on and hugged his waist.

During the whole ride home you hugged onto Lay's back, thinking about the great day you had. You couldn't remember the last time you were genuinely this happy. Funny how one simple day with someone I barely know, can make me feel a whole lot better. You took every second, every minute you could and were happy. Taking an arm off Lay for a second, you pulled the strings of the jacket around your neck and wrapped your arm back around him. 

Lay was concentrating on the road and changed lanes accordingly not wanting to endanger himself or you. he sighed in content feeling your arms wrapped around his waist. he smiled wishing this moment would last forever. he tried going as slow as he could, stalling the moment.

When you started to see familiar houses you realized you were almost home. Parking in front of the apartments you hopped off and took of his helmet giving it back to him, he accepted it and took off his too. he shook his tousled hair and set his helmet down.

"Come on, I'll walk you to your house or apartment. Lead the way rosy cheeks" he said tugging your wrist. You blushed at your newly given nickname. You led him to your apartment, awkwardly you opened the door and were about to bid him a goodbye, when you realized that it would be rude.

"Would you like some water before you go?" you asked motioning in the door. he gave you his signature dimpled smile and removed his shoes off and stepped in. You awkwardly walked into the kitchen and got him a glass of water. he sat down glancing around in your humble abode. You extended out your arm holding the glass of water.

"Thanks" he says before taking a long sip of water. You lean against you the table, trying to act casual. Inside you were more nervous than someone who was about to look at their report card, Lay looked at your posture and chuckled.

"Are you uncomfortable with me here?" he looked at you with an amused expression.

"To be honest a bit" you said showing a weak smile.

"Why? Am I scary?" he leaned closer to your face with a devious smile.

"N-no not at all" you scoot yourself a bit farther from Lay, which results in him frowning.

"I see" he smiled getting off his chair and strolling closer to you. This continued with you backing away and Lay moving closer, until you trip over your own couch.

"Eeep!" you squeal as you tumble over your couch. Out of nowhere Lay just sits on you.

"Get your fat of me!" you tried kicking him. Instead of reacting to your struggling he just reached for the remote and flicked on the television.

"Shh watch the television." he shushed you and stared at the T.v. Are you freaking kidding me? What is up with his bipolar attitude?

Underneath Lay's , you were laying on your stomach because you rolled over before he sat on you. he was sitting on your back but it felt as though he didn't put his whole body weight on you. Brainstorming up ideas how to escape a great idea came into your head. 

Sneakily you reached your hands up and poked Lay's sides which caused him to lightly flinch. Perfect You began to tickle his sides. he jumped off quicker than you thought he would and you sat up.

"Don't do that again!" you tried growling at him but you were never good at intimidating someone. he chuckled and decided he should leave instead of pestering you.

"Fine I'll leave then, happy?" he teased walking towards the door. Being the gullible person you are, you thought he was actually upset, so without thinking you rushed after him. Jumping towards him you enveloped him in a hug.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, you aren't really mad at me are you?" You mumbled into his shirt. You felt him pull away so you guessed he was mad at you, but you felt a tight embrace replace the emptiness.

"Huh?" you call out to be muffled by Lay's shirt.

"Silly I'm not mad but I got to go, I'll see you at the cafe later alright?" he pulled away and beamed.

"Alright see you later Lay" you called after him seeing him run out the door. *Well I guess my sis was right about me making boys run away* You chuckle and settle on the couch. Remembering you left the door open you go to close it and you see purple lilacs and pink lilies wrapped in a cute purple bow. 

Smiling you picked it up having an idea from who it was from.  A card fell from the bundle of lilacs and you picked it up.

"Hey this isn't Lay if you were thinking, ahah you must be disappointed, well Lay was supposed to give it to you but he forgot. That dimple faced dork forgot to give you flowers, I mean how can a guy forget flowers on a first date? Anyways these are for you obviously, I think if Lay didn't ask you out first I would have. Oops sorry off topic. Bye Jinah! -Luhan the iest and maliest man in the world"

You chuckled reading the note from Lay's friend. You looked at it back to front and saw another small amount of writing but it was scribbled out. Furrowing your eyebrows you angled the card and saw what it said. "Lay talks about you a lot" in the same handwriting as the original card.

You guessed that the mysterious Luhan had written that and maybe Lay crossed it out. You shut the door and took a big whiff of the purple lilacs and pink lilies. These are so pretty, and they smell so nice. Taking a vase from your kitchen you placed the flowers in ice water hoping they would last longer. 

That night going to sleep you just laid there, reminiscing the day's events. You replayed each moment again and again. In the back of your mind you had one thought, one possible, but yet unlikely thought to yourself, Lay just might like you too.

~~~~

After this intense amount of editing and writing for the last three days I have the new chapter, I probably wrote for about an hour almost each night, then rereading and editing. I'm trying to write better for you guys.

Thanks to all who have subscribed, big thanks to those who have commented I love you all~ Please leave some feedback it puts me in such a great mood I can just explode in happiness.

Comment replies~

coco_pinky  I'm glad there are other Lay lovers out there~, yes the date. HERES THE DATE I HOPE IT PLEASES YOU!

Sammiii LOL me gusta? haha.

lynnmrie HERES MOAARR, you can't what? LOL

ChibiHibird Some things are crazy as inspiration, I just got another three shot idea, but I think I'll save it for later ;D.. Will you die from the cuteness? WILL YOU? don't die manngh

--blackandlight omg what is up with all these megustas? LOL it's alright I like the enthusiasm here~

MagMay01 Xiumminn, I need inspiration, I have inspiration involving another EXO member.. hehe

Koalas DOES HE? OR DOES HE NOT? DUN DUN DUN. I hope I make it obvious.

Wind_Flower Yeah he is cute isn't he? but too bad.. he's mine. lol i jokes.

TaeMinhoOppa Posters for the uunicorrrnnn. Make me a posstarrr, lool I'm just kidding.

AzianSushi451 Lunch? hurhur more like all day date HURHUR.

 

Just one lovely gif, because I think this fic's chapter is long enough to satisfy you guys for a good four days? Maybe... maybe not.. it's only a threeshot so before I know it this will be over. If you want I could always write a longer version.. But that all depends if I have time, and if you guys want it :D Ok so I posted this and forgot to reply to the comments.. so I hid it.. and now it's out again.. sorry for trolling.

leebyungiee out~ ♥