Him

His Caramel Cappuccino

"I'm coming" you called to your co worker who was constantly asking for help. She recently started working and you had to train her. As in teaching how to work the cash register and making sure the orders are written properly, she always left at 7 though.

It was about 6:30 and you were relieved that she would leave and you could be alone to take care of the cafe.

You loved making coffee. Even though it may not be the best paying job out there, it was pretty decent considering you just make coffee, and tea basically the whole time.

Finishing making the customer his ice tea latte you trotted off to his table.

"Jungho-sshi. Your ice tea latte" you said politely and placed his drink on his table with a smile. He gave you a thanks and winked. Often guys would flirt with you but you would just kindly nod out of politeness. You went back behind the counter and sat on a stool.

The cafe was less busy tonight so you had time to study for your exam tomorrow. There was about three people in the cafe and no one waiting for a drink so you whipped out your book and put on your reading glasses.

After reading through the last two chapters you took off your glasses wiped them clean with a cloth and put it back in your case. Stretching a bit you looked around for him. You checked your watch 7:25. He should be here soon.

Yes you were waiting for someone. No not someone you knew, but almost a stranger. His name was Lay and you saw that he came every night at about 7:30. You remembered his order because he always got the same thing every time.

A caramel cappuccino. He always would ask for extra caramel, you just guessed he had a thing for caramel or he didn't want to try anything else. The most you ever have talked to him was asking his order, and bringing him his drink and bowing politely. You itched to talk to him, make a conversation and maybe get to know him, but you never did. He always looked so busy on his laptop, you noticed when he would frown and mess up his cute brown hair.

Checking your phone you saw it was exactly 7:29. You nervously glanced around and ran to the back storage room to check your hair. Perfect just perfect, I look like a zombie. You ran your fingers through your hair and washed your face.

Better. Yes. you were the type of girl to not wear make up. You personally didn't like it, the girls at university were so preppy and took too much time on their make up. It's going to wipe off eventually so why wear it?

Sighing to yourself you trotted back to the counter and you beamed. He was here.

"Hi, caramel cappuccino with extra caramel, right?" you grinned when you asked him.

"Yup" he gave you exact change and went to sit down at the same table. The same table he sat on was like a bench with a cushion on it. He pulled his laptop and notebook out of his backpack and settled into his seat. You went off to make his drink and in less than a minute you were done.

You ran over to him and put his drink and straw on the table. 

"Here's your caramel cappuccino Lay-sshi" you politely put his drink down and giddily walked away. He smiled and took a sip. He then his laptop and began typing, he plugged his headphones in and listened to his ipod. He took out his notebook and wrote something. Yes you were watching him from the counter but since everyone left and he's the only one left, no one would know you're watching him.

He pouted his lips out in concentration and then frowned a little. He rubbed his eyes and stretched, you looked back at your book. You peeked back at him and he was studying his computer. 

Should I talk to him? Maybe he might be nice? Debating with yourself you gave up on the idea of trying to start a conversation with him. Focusing on your book you stuck out your tongue trying to absorb all this knowledge. Good thing you were good at memorization you could absorb the information like a sponge, you just have to read it twice.

After reading it for the third time for good measure you checked the time. 9:43 just about closing time. You went to the back and went to turn off all the machines, you reached for your belongings and gathered them together. You placed everything in your black and white checkered backpack. You went to go lock the bathroom and any of the rooms besides the front door.

You looked to Lay's usual spot and was surprised to still see him there. Normally he would leave by now, but instead he fell asleep on his laptop still clutching onto his almost finished drink. You smiled seeing how peaceful he looked while he slept. You closed the curtains and walked quietly to him. You glanced at your phone one last time, 9:56. I'll let him sleep until closing time then I'll wake him up. You got up turned off the rest of the lights except the one above him.

You grabbed your backpack and sat down next to him at an appropriate distance. Leaning on the table next to him, you folded your arms and examined his face. He had a high nose bridge for an Asian. His jawline was very defined and he had a narrow face. Your eyes trailed down to his lips. You gulped, they were pink and somewhat thin. You shook your head getting ahold of your thoughts.

You stood up and straightened yourself. You gently poked his shoulder. No response.

Putting your hands on his shoulder you shook him harder. He only mumbled softly, you pulled the drink out of his hand afraid that when he wakes he might drop it.

"Lay-sshi, it's closing time. I'm afraid you have to leave now" you spoke softly.

"Hm yes? Oh I'm sorry." he scratched his head and shut off his laptop and placed it in his backpack. He got up and thanked you and ran out of the store before you could say anything. You sighed to yourself, I'll never get to talk to him.

You sat down for a second before glancing to your side and seeing that he left his notebook, you ran out after him, hoping he wouldn't be gone yet. Too late, he's gone. You huffed in another breath and went back inside to lock up. After locking up it was already 10 and you went to your electric scooter and rode home.

Exhausted you took a quick shower and went to sleep without dinner not hungry at all.

~

 

The next day after you took your test you went home to finish homework. When you were done you went back to the cafe and put on your uniform. Fixing the slight crease on the side you gave yourself a fighting and went off to work. 

Knowing that Lay would be back today you carefully placed the notebook in your backpack and stowed your backpack in the back. You made people's drinks and brought it to their table always remembering to be polite. Several young men about your age or a few years older tried to flirt but you as usual politely bowed or nodded and walked away. You didn't talk unless you were bringing them their drinks.

After several hours you were tired and it was about that time of the night again. It was 7:25 and you were anticipating to give back his notebook. Since the shop only had elders here at the moment you took out the notebook and hugged it to your chest. Growing curious of the contents you looked at the green cover. No I will not look, this could be very personal. Promising yourself not to look you sat down, patted your hair down then taking out your books. You took out your glasses and you began reading your book.

 

 

While reading you book you heard the door open. Your chest tightened and you looked up to see Lay. 
 
"Hello, caramel cappuccino with extra caramel?" you grinned. 
 
"Yep, here you go" he left exact change and went to sit down at his spot. He ped his backpack and took his laptop out. He reached in again and found his notebook to be missing. He shuffled though the loose papers and slumped into his seat frustrated. 
 
As quick as you could you made his drink and picked up his green notebook. 
 
Walking to his table you bowed. 
 
"You left this here last time Lay-sshi, I promise I didn't look in it or anything" you drew an x on your heart. 
 
He smiled. His smile was so genuine. His eyes wrinkled slightly and he had dimples. In the four months he's been here you've never known he had dimples. 
 
"Thank you so much! I wouldn't know what I would do if I lost this, how would I repay you?" he asked after kissing his notebook. 
 
"It's alright. You don't have to" you shook your head shyly. 
 
"How about I take you for some lunch tomorrow?" he offered. 
 
Your eyes widened at the offer. Lunch with Lay? That would be really nice but you weren't available tomorrow but only on Saturday. 
 
"I'm busy with school, what about Saturday?" you tugged nervously on the seam of your uniform. 
 
"Alright Saturday, how about I just meet you here at 11 and we can go get something to eat?" he grinned. 
 
Slightly dazed by his sudden amount of smiling you nodded. You started to walk away when you heard his voice. 
 
"Wait" he called. 
 
"Jinah-sshi right?" Lay asked awkwardly. 
 
"Yes Jung Jinah." you turned and gave him a small smile. 
 
"Alright Jinah-sshi don't forget our date" He winked and went back to work on his laptop. 
 
Turning away you walked back to the counter, hiding behind the back doors you held your hand against your chest and felt your heart slightly racing. Why am I so nervous? Oh right, first time I've ever been alone with a guy. But so many guys have winked at me, why does it feel different now? You took deep breaths and walked back out. 
 
A few people were waiting and you rushed apologizing for the delay and making their orders. 
 
At Lay's table he watched you and chuckled at your silly antics. *I finally did it.* 
 
~
 
Happy birthday Lay <3

Hey Yixingiiee, you're perfect alright. When you dance, sing, play your guitar, jump up and down like a dork, you're just a ball of random. I love your random expressions and how you treat the fans. I'm surprised that no one has gotten mad at the fans yet, I really feel bad for all of EXO. Why can't those saesangs just go away and stop being so overly obsessed. We have seen you since predebut and now you are shining properly among your members. Sometimes I ship you with Kris then at times with Suho, but I honesty like Taoris. I hope someday you will meet your other half and live happily ever after without the stress of being perfect. I really hope you had a great day today, and many more will come. For you YiXing.
 
I put this online with my Itouch :D Hope you like it, leave some feedback my lovelies~
leebyungiee out~