His friends

His Caramel Cappuccino

Ever since that date with Lay you have been talking more and more with him at the cafe. Instead of sitting at his usual spot far away from the bar, he would sit right at the bar and occasionally look up and chat. 

Since he was now paying more attention to you, you of course felt more self conscious. Instead of wearing your normal faded boot cut jeans and a T shirt. You started dressing slightly nicer. Often you would wear skinny jeans with a cute button up or blouse. Occasionally you would wear skirts but since the weather was starting to get colder you wouldn't. 

Lay started to come earlier and stay until closing time. On Friday nights he usually would offer to walk you home and you gladly agreed. Ever since then you took the bus to the cafe every Friday hoping Lay would be there and take you home. 

Only on very few occasions over the few weeks you invited him in. You once asked about the purple lilacs but he just avoided it. Thinking less about it you brushed it off. 

Almost every Saturday he would ask you to go to lunch but it always somehow stretched out to lunch then dinner then late evenings. Those Saturday nights were the best. One time he took you to the movie. Another time it was at a park. 

Simply overjoyed you smiled more brightly every time a customer would walk in. It was about 4:30 and you knew Lay would be coming in soon. 

Your hair was in a fishtail braid with a light pink clip holding it together and your bangs hanging down over your eyebrows. Straightening your light blue button up, you smoothed out the crease. 

Beaming you continued taking the customers orders and making their drinks. Always remembering to bring it to their tables and politely handing it to them. 

It seemed as though ever since Lay has been talking to you, it occurred to you that guys would no longer attempt flirt with you at the cafe. 

Little did you know ever since the week you went on a date with him, he personally told each guy he saw ogling you to back off. 

Time flew by and soon Lay entered the shop. 

"Hey Lay the usual right?" You grinned upon seeing him sit at the bar. 

"Yup here you go Jinah." He handed you exact change. 

Almost skipping to the coffee machine you made his drink. Remembering to stop yourself from skipping you made sure to walk calmly and place his drink down. 

"Here you go Lay" you chirped placing his drink and straw down next to his laptop. 

"Thanks Jinah" you loved the way he said your name. His slight Chinese accent showed when he said it. It sounded much more cuter than you thought it could be said

After a couple sips you saw him typing madly away on his laptop he looked up to face you but you were already off at another table serving a elderly man his warm coffee. 

"Here you go ahjusshi, a nice warm cup of coffee to lift your spirits!" You cheered and carefully placed the cup on his table. 

"Thank you missy, you're so kind." He complimented you. Bowing you rushed away back to the counter. 

"Jinah, you want to go somewhere Saturday?" Your ears perked up hearing that he had just asked you for another date. This would be the fifth one now. 

You flashed him a smile and nodded. 

"Good I'll pick you up at your place around noon ok?" His dimples showed when he asked. 

"Mhm" you murmured and wiped down the table. Since today was Friday he would also walk you home today, and tomorrow would be the date. 

Humming a sweet tune you scrubbed the coffee stain off the table. The table now gleamed because of your hard work, you smiled in satisfaction. 

Lay was typing away on his laptop and he occasionally would sneak a glance at you. Admiring your cute expressions when you did something right or when you would smack your own forehead when making a mistake. 

Over the few weeks he learned even more about you just by chatting occasionally. He learned that you loved animals but were scared of squirrels. He found that out when he took you to the park the second time. 

The two of you were walking side by side, when the both of you walked by an elder lady who was feeding birds, but when a squirrel pranced in and grabbed the seeds, you then shrieked and hid behind him. 

He thought it was pretty strange that you were scared but you explained it was because when you were little your friends dared you to try and pet one. Instead of it running away it bit your hand. 

He was really excited for tonight since he finally worked up the courage. Tomorrow night, he told himself would be the night. 

Whistling to himself he focused his thoughts on his music trying to finish the new song he was almost done with. 

The day passed by too quickly for the both of you and it was time for you to lock up the place. You closed all the blinds then unplugged all the machines. Lastly you turned off the lights and went out the front door to lock it. Lay was leaning against the window waiting for you like he always would. 

"Ready? Let's go" he grinned and you two walked side by side. You had your purse slung over your right shoulder and his backpack was fastened on his back

It was dark and you pulled your light coat tighter around yourself. 

"I didn't think it would be this cold" you laughed at yourself. 

"It's not cold" Lay said taking off his jacket. "In fact it's too warm for me I'm wearing long sleeves under see" he showed you his long sleeve shirt underneath. 

"Oh that's nice?" You half asked half said. 

"That means you can wear my jacket" he chuckled at your oblivious behavior. 

"Oh I knew that" you assured him. 

He took the purse from your arm and put his jacket around you. He zipped it up and pulled the strings making your nose only visible. 

"Lay! I can't see" you waved your arms around trying to loosen the strings but he was holding it away from you and teasing you. 

"That's the point" he smirked evilly. 

"I guess I have no choice then." 

"Wait what?"

"AAAH! HELP ME RAAAPIS-" you were about to finish your word but Lay opened up the hood and smacked his hand over your mouth. 

"Shush Jinah it will be over soon" he teased you while smiling his original dimpled smile. 

"Yah! ert!" You squealed and smacked his arms then dramatically stomped away. 

Then you remembered he was still holding your purse, you stomped back and snatched your purse and stuck your tongue out at him childishly. 

"Jinah-ah don't be a grumpy puss." He followed after you. Hearing him say your name that way your knees would wobble. Doing your best to ignore him, you continued walking

"Jinah-aah, Jinah Jinah come on I'll treat you to ice cream" he begged. 

Your ears perked up hearing ice cream. 

"Ice cream? But there's no places open this late" you told him now listening to him. 

"I know a place, it stays open pretty late, it's close too let's go" he grabbed your hand and tugged you in the opposite direction. 

*He's holding my hand, my hand is attached to his.* You grinned to yourself. 

Lay smiled to himself because now he could stretch out the time with you longer. *Good thing Luhan stays late at the shop* He chuckled and tugged on your hand pulling you along. 

~


After walking briskly hand in hand you reached the shop and Lay was still clutching onto your hand. 

Lulu's Ice Cream. 

Lulu? Who is lulu? Must be some old lady. You walked in without noticing Lay's hand still hanging onto yours. You looked around the cute little shop had small colorful chairs matching the tables. In some chairs on the other side of the store four heads looked vaguely familiar to you. You brushed it off focusing on the ice cream. 

Lay's hand reluctantly let yours go, slightly disappointed you looked at the assortments of ice cream. 

"Uhm can I get that one?" you pointed to the coconut flavored ice cream. When you looked up you were face to face with an extremely good looking guy. He looked like he was still in high school. 

With your mouth wide open you gaped at him. 

"Sure which size?" He flashed a pretty smile. 

"Two scoops" you gulped. 

"Hey aren't you Lay's girlfriend?" The pretty boy asked you. 

"Hey Lu, how's the shop?" Lay came by and asked the guy. You read his name tag, Luhan. No wonder why he looked familiar. 

"It's alright just Tao keeps getting free samples." He chuckled and hi fived Lay. 

"GEGE!" You hear a sharp voice call out. You turn and see a recognizable face. It was the guy who called you Lay's girlfriend. 

"What Tao?" Luhan asked while scooping ice cream for you. 

"Can I have som- oh wait aren't you Lay's girlfriend? Hi I'm Tao" he shook your hand and then did a Buing Buing. 

"I'm Jinah" you shyly shook his hand. 

"Noona you're so pretty, leave Lay come to me instead." Tao suddenly looked serious and took your hand dramatically. 

You started stuttering trying to respond and he laughed at you. 
 
"I'm just kidding!" He laughed wiping an imaginary tear away from his eyes. 
 
"Hyung I want more ice cream!" Tao jumped up and down. 
 
"No" Luhan said blankly and handed you your ice cream. 
 
"Here you go and since Lay will be paying, that will be 2.50" Luhan stuck his hand out. 
 
"It's alright I can pay" you chirped pulling out your purse. 
 
"Here's three keep the change Lu" Lay gave him the money.  
 
"Do you own this shop Luhan-sshi?" You asked gazing around. 
 
"Well my grandmother owns it and she named it after me, but she didn't want it to say Luhan so she chose Lulu" he admitted. 
 
"That's really cute" you giggled. 
 
"You want to meet my friends?" Lay interrupted. 
 
"Yup I want to see what type of people that would be friends with a turtle like you" you chuckled. 
 
"Hey guys" Lay, Luhan and Tao came back to the table of the other three good looking guys. 
 
"Who's this pretty girl?" The sharp looking black hair guy asked. He had a strong cheek structure and thin lips. 
 
"This is Chen, he's weird and quirky but fun to talk to" Luhan told you. 
 
"Hey, I'm Chen, like he said and I'm also the best singer ever" He strangely puffed out his chest. Laughing you shook his hand. 
 
"Nice to meet you Chen-sshi I'm Jinah" you introduced yourself. 
 
"Yeah we heard about you a lot" the puffy cheeked guy announced. 
 
"Oh really?" You asked curiosity filled your voice. 
 
"Yeah I'm Xiumin and this guy that looks like he having a staring contest is Kris" he pointed to his friend, who indeed looked as though he was having a staring contest. 
 
"I'm not having a staring contest I'm thinking" Kris smacked Xiumin's head. 
 
"You always look like this, even when you're surprised. Like your surprise party last year you had no expression" Chen added in. 
 
"I was surprised what are you talking about?" Kris growled. 
 
"Now you expression changes." Lay rolled his eyes. 
 
"Oh how silly of us sit, sit down Jinah!" Tao casually told you to sit. 
 
You sat down on an empty seat and Lay took the seat next to you. 
 
"Why would you guys be here at an ice cream shop so late?" You asked taking a bite of your ice cream. 
 
"Normally since clubs are filled with gross people, we prefer ice cream shops, since they are normally empty this late and since Luhan's grandma owns the place, Luhan can keep it open as late as he wants" Kris informed you. 
 
You nodded taking bites of your ice cream. You noticed Tao staring at your ice cream and you smiled knowingly. Getting up you grabbed another spoon and sat back down. You handed him the extra spoon. 
 
"We can share since your hyung won't give you anymore" you said nudging the cup towards him. He grinned brightly before looking at Kris as though he was a child asking for permission. When Kris nodded, Tao happily dug in. You grinned to yourself. 
 
"Oh getting cozy with our maknae now? Lay you better keep your game up!" Xiumin nudged Lay which resulted a whack to his head. 
 
"Why does everybody wail on me?" He whined. 
 
"Because you make the stupid comments" Luhan pointed out. 
 
"I'm still the oldest out of all of us" Xiumin grumbled to himself. 
 
"Anyways, what made you two come on down here? Lay here has been skipping out Friday and Saturday hangouts recently. Tsk tsk, are you forgetting about us?" Kris playfully scolded him with a stoic expression plastered on his face. 
 
"Lay offered me ice cream, and I love ice cream, and the night things well, he walks me home on Fridays and Saturday we've been out" you munched on more ice cream.
 
Whistles were heard and you pinked while trying to distract yourself by finishing the ice cream. 
 
"It's not like that" Lay tried to defend the two of you. Hearing that you were feeling slightly crushed. Disappointed actually, you thought that there was a chance Lay actually liked you. 
 
Now pouting instead of eating the ice cream you just stabbed it. Seeing this Tao raised an eyebrow. The gears in his brain clicked together and it hit him. 
 
*Jinah noona really does like Lay, and Lay like her too. Stupid old people so unsure of each others feeling, guess it's up to me.* He smirked eating the rest of the ice cream. 
 
The guys continued chatting while you listened, occasionally giving input and laughing along. It was starting to get later but you didn't mind you were enjoying time with Lay's friends. They were really goofy but sweet. You wished you knew more people like them. 
 
Soon you were getting sleepy. You rested your head on your arms and listened. Now your eyelids were feeling heavy and soon you drifted asleep. 
 
"Hey Lay, Jinah fell asleep" Luhan poked Lay. 
 
"Oh yeah she did" he smiled and saw your nose scrunch up while you slept. He poked your nose and your face relaxed. 
 
"Woah it's already 11:45. I can't believe we talked this long" Kris stood up checking his watch. 
 
"Well Luhan lock up and Lay will take her home" Xiumin patted Luhan's back.  
 
"Alright any of you need a ride home?" Luhan asked. 
 
"Actually can you take me and Jinah home, I don't think carrying her to her house is a good option this late" Lay told him. 
 
"Sure let me just lock up and we will go" Luhan got up and trotted off to shut down. Everyone else said bye and left. Tao asked for her number and Lay reluctantly gave it to him. 
 
"Yes thanks gege! KRIS LET'S GO!" Tao shouted and pulled Kris out of his seat and out the door. 
 
Through all this you were asleep. 
 
"She is one heavy sleeper, you know what they say about heavy sleepers right?" Luhan smirked deviously. 
 
"What Luhan? What do they say about heavy sleepers?" Lay sighed. 
 
Luhan wiped the table shut the blinds and walke towards Lay. 
 
"They say, they are great kissers" Luhan said in a low teasing voice, which left Lay red in the face. 
 
"Where'd you hear that?" Lay managed to sputter out. 
 
"Chen told me that" Luhan snickered and  turned off the lights behind the counter. 
 
Lay went over to where you were sleeping and sat down. He watched your movements, how you took a breath of air in the let it out. 
 
He reached his hands towards your hair which was partially over your face which served as a curtain. He brushed it aside and pressed his forefinger to your furrowed eyebrows. Your eyebrows relaxed and you slept peacefully. He chuckled and looked for Luhan. When he turned Luhan was standing right behind him. 
 
"Come on lover boy let's take her home" Luhan smiled and motioned to him. 
 
Lay as careful as he could picked you up bridal style and carried out outside. The cold hair hit your bare arms since you took the jacket off in the parlor. Luhan put Lay's jacket over you and you snuggled closer to his chest mumbling incoherent words. 
 
He carried you to the backseat and carefully placed you in. After sitting himself Luhan sat down and started driving. Lay sat behind with you, your head on his lap. He made sure to put his jacket over you so you wouldn't get cold. 
 
"So Lay when are you planning to ask her out?" Luhan broke into Lay's thoughts. 
 
"I'm not sure, hopefully soon though. I'm pretty sure she likes me too" Lay replied. 
 
"Then go for it man, she's a really nice girl, pretty, nice figure and sweet as candy" Luhan rambled. Lay shot him a look through his mirror. 
 
"Hey you know she is" Luhan defended himself. 
 
"I know" Lay smiled and patted your hair. 
 
Soon Luhan's car arrived at your house. 
 
"You want me to take you home?" Luhan asked while Lay gently carried you out. 
 
"Yeah just wait here I'll be back in ten." Lay told him and carried you off to your apartment. Using his memory he remembered where your room was, he shuffled through your purse and pulled out your keys and unlocked it. He opened the door quietly and placed you on your bed. He took the blankets and covered you making sure you were warm. 
 
"I'll just leave the jacket here alright Jinah" he spoke to you as though you were awake.  
 
"I'll see you tomorrow don't forget ok?" He rubbed his neck. 
 
"I guess I'll be going now, I really had fun with you these past few weeks, tomorrow will be great too. I promise" He leaned down and placed. A gentle kiss on your forehead. He pulled away smiling. 
 
"I wonder if you would let me kiss you here instead" he traced his fingers over your lips. You gently snored and he chuckled. 
 
Contemplating to himself he decided against it. 
"Next time Jinah, next time" he told himself and walked out the door locking it. 
 
He ran down to the elevator and made it back to Luhan's car. 
 
"All set?" Luhan asked starting his car. 
 
"All set, can you and the guys do me another favor?" Lay asked smiling. 
 
~~~

 

I really hope you guys liked this chapter! The next chapter will most likely be the final. 

Please leave some feedback, those who do thank you. Those who don't its okay, you might be shy?

You can also check out my other two fics. If I'm unable to update, my mother has taken my electronics therefore I apologize ahead of time. 

Anywho I love you guys and please stay with me!

leebyungiee out~