Chapter 5

Tales of Fake Love
~Zoe's POV~
 

Minah came out into the living room just as I was giggling over the cute blonde's aegyo in the dance video. 

"Yah, be serious about your dancing," I playfully scolded him. This blonde guy was weird and cute. I like him! I continued to follow the blonde guy's dance moves throughout the rest of the song. When it was over, one of the camera's came up really close to my face. I felt really giddy after somewhat fangirling over blondie, so I decided to let go of my filters for just a second.
"Don't tell my husband, but the blonde guy is my favorite," I whispered to the camera. The camera man started laughing, but I had no idea what was going on. 
"Well, how was your husband's performance?" asked Minah. I swear Minah, you've been hanging around Nata too much because her evil has run off onto you!  
"It was great!" I said with enthusiasm even though I had no idea which one was my husband. "They were all in sync and passionate about their dancing." 
"Yeah, and I saw you giggling over there like a little fangirl. Which you only do when you watch DBSK. So, who was it that made you fangirl?" I frowned. She wasn't supposed to see that. I could care less if the entire world saw it because they aren't my best friends who tease me every single day when I like someone. She started stepping closer towards me, and I knew what was coming next - the never ending poking and questions until I caved in and told her. "Sooooo," she said as she infer closer within arms reach of me. "Who is your Infinite bias?" I inched away further from her, and she took a step towards me. This kept happening until I was backed against the apartment's door. I could either fess up and answer or go find... Woohun? Woohyung? Woohyun? Whatever his name is! 
"Mianhae, Minah. But I gotta go on a date with my husband!" I said as I grabbed my shoes by the door and fled out of the dorm for dear life.
      A date with him?! Yeah right! I'd rather go through intense weight training with my personal trainer for the next few weeks! I just needed a reason to get out of the house. I'll just go to a norebang by myself.
 
~A Few Days Later~
 
I looked around at all of the different faces on set. It was time for Woohyun and I to record part of the first episode that involved appearing on the WGM set. For fanservice, Woohyun and I were sitting next to each other with our fingers entwined with one another's. To us, it was awkward and tiring to have to pretend to get along after fighting with each other for a majority of the time. We didn't have to say whether or not it was out loud for us to understand each other. We understood each other's pain even though we didn't get along with each other at all. I looked at the couples sitting around the room. Some of them were obviously putting on a show for the cameras, but then there were couples like Chola and Minhwan that both love skinship. They look genuinely happy as they cuddled with each other. It's like they're the happy couple from a manga that has hearts and sparkles emanating from them. It's so adorable that I want to barf. I sighed. I don't like romance. Did anyone consider that when they picked me for this show?! I thought. 
      Soon there were clips playing back of the past few days we were together. I watched Chola running away from Minhwan in their living room, and then Minhwan tackled her down to the ground and tickled her for a few moments. He suddenly stopped, out of breath, and Chola's face started to get bright red as she realized what position she was in. Minhwan was straddling overtop of Chola, and he had both of his hands against the floor, pinning her down. Minhwan must've noticed why she was blushing, and he decided to . Brought his face closer to hers until his lips were less than a few inches from hers. Screams were heard around me as the other participants of the show were enthused by the budding romance and fans of Minhwan protested that he was touching another girl. I desperately tried not to cover my ears or act disinterested in the show.
"Try to act like you're having a good time," whispered Woohyun in my ear. Obviously even in my desperation to keep my image, it was to no prevail. But Woohyun's action was caught by one of the cameras and the MCs as well. 
"Ooooooohhhhhh. Woohyun-shi! You two are very close now?" Said one of the MCs in a very teasing tone. 
"Yes. Zoe has become a very loving and charming wife," said Woohyun as he tightened his grip on my hand. I tried to look like I was enjoying myself, but I was hating every moment that we had to hold hands. I don't like skinship with someone that I don't love. And I definitely didn't love Woohyun. 
"Well, this past week didn't look so good. Let's watch!" Scenes of this past week were cropped and edited to show only the parts that would be the most interesting to the viewers. I wanted to hide away in a hole because the first thing that popped up on the screen was me not knowing Woohyun's name at our introduction. 
"You would've thought that you would've tried to save your image after that, Zoe-shi. But really things only got worse," said the MC. The next clip showed, and it was of me daydreaming after only hearing Jaejoong's name. I seriously think that I might go insane if I see one more clip that will ruin my image. Woohyun was still sitting next to me, squeezing my hand tightly until my hand hurt and his knuckles turned white. His jaw was tight, it all showed how angry and hurt he really was. It probably took everything within him to keep calm and to continue holding my hand, even if it was just for show. 
"Unnie, that's too mean! You need to pay attention to your husband, not your bias," scolded Chola from across the room. Woohyun just sat there, and he didn't even try to defend me after he said nice things about me earlier. But it's not like I ever gave him a reason to say anything that was really nice. So I guess I have to take matters into my own hands. 
"I know. I realized that, so I tried to apologize by making cream puffs for Woohyun," I said hoping that they would play the footage of me cooking for Woohyun. I was relieved when they did, but I was also mortified at how embarrassing it was because of my lack of cooking skills. Out of everyone that was on the set, Chola's laughter was the loudest. 
"Yah! Unnie, your cooking skills have improved! You didn't set anything on fire or almost burn down the house!" Suddenly Woohyun lightened up and was engaged back into what was happening. 
"Improved?!" He said in utter disbelief. "You burned yourself, and every single one of the cream puffs you made were completely inedible." 
"One time she almost burned down our dorm by burning popcorn so badly that smoke filled the entire kitchen. And when she was in China, she set uncooked noodles on fire when trying to cook them," exclaimed Chola delightfully as she had the opportunity to embarrass her Unnie. I shrank down in my seat and covered my face with both of my hands. My face was obviously red, and I couldn't stop laughing.
 
~Woohyun's POV~ 
 
"Improved?!" I said in utter disbelief. "You burned yourself, and every single one of the cream puffs you made were completely inedible." Chola said something, but wasn't really listening. I was watching Zoe. Zoe shrank down in her seat and covered her face with both of her hands. Her face was red like a tomato, and she couldn't stop laughing. This was the Lee Zoe that I loved. Carefree, real, and stunningly beautiful when she let herself become undignified. It was like a breath of fresh air among the life of a Kpop idol world where everyone only cared about their own image. I couldn't help myself. I reached over and removed her hands from her face. Her eyes grew wider as I came closer to her face. I wanted to kiss her so badly, and her carefree nature made me brave enough not to care if there were cameras or not. 
"I appreciate your affection towards my onee-chan, but there will be no kissing her on my watch," said Nata as she put a book between my lips and Zoe's. I froze. How the heck did Nata get out here so fast?! I knew that Nata had been watching backstage with Minah, but there's no way that she would have known that I would've tried to kiss Zoe! I looked over at Zoe's face, and she looked so relieved! What the heck! I decided to laugh it off instead of pout. 
"How did you know that I would try something?" I asked.
"I have superpowers," said Nata rather bluntly. The MCs laughed at the sudden outburst between the three of us. Then they redirected it away from mine and Zoe's  seemingly budding relationship. Seemingly, but one can only hope that it will actually happen. The MCs redirected it back to Chola and Minhwan's relationship. More specifically, back to the moment when Minhwan almost kissed Chola. Her eyes were as wide as saucers, and her face was like a tomato - just like Zoe. Then he suddenly opened his mouth really wide and blew right on her face.
"EW!" Chola yelled in disgust. She pushed Minhwan off of her and got up immediately. "I'll get you back, Minhwan," she warned from the other room. "I had plenty of practice pranking people with Super Junior, so you better watch out." 
"Oh no," whined Minhwan. "Are we really going to have a prank war on We Got Married?" All you could hear was Chola giggling evilly in the background before we cut to commercial.
 
~Zoe's POV~ 
 
I went back to JOY's dorm and threw my body onto the couch. I was exhausted playing a fake wife all day. I don't want to do this anymore. This is exhausting. The thoughts of when I won't have the media chasing down my every move because of a boy began to lull me to sleep. I was almost asleep when my phone went off and began vibrating. I didn't want to answer it. I want to go to sleep right now, but that would be selfish and rude of me not to pick up if someone needed me. So I reluctantly picked up my phone to see who texted me. 
 
To: My Squirrel Dongsang~ 
From: Jaejoong Oppa :)
Body: Hey, I was watching today's episode of WGM. How're you feeling? I've been bored. No schedules, just song writing. But it's been good. Call me when you can! ;)
 
I looked at the text, and decided that it would be fine to call Jaejoong Oppa later. I'm exhausted, and he doesn't need anything urgently, so it'll be fine, right?
 
~Jaejoong's POV~
 
I sent Zoe a text saying that everything has been good, but that's a load of crap. Everything has not been fine. I watched today's episode of WGM, and I wanted to punch Woohyun. How dare he try to kiss Zoe on national television?!?! They're not even really dating! I want to speak to her. I want to confirm that she still think about me instead of that idol wannabe. I want to confirm that her feelings for me haven't changed since that time that I hugged her backstage at her last comeback stage in Korea. I wanted to confess to her right then in that moment too, but it only would've complicated things because she was going to America for a few years to promote. So I decided to wait until she returned to Korea, but the moment she gets back her manager signs her up for We Got Married! 
      I threw my body onto my bed and raked my hands through my hair. When will I have a chance to confess to her? I replayed the scene in my head again and again when Woohyun tried to kiss Zoe on stage. Rage filled within me. How dare Woohyun touch her when he hadn't even had a chance to try to confess to her!?! Woohyun didn't know anything about Zoe. He had only actually talked to her for a week. He would only hold her down, and he would never let her develop into the artist that she was destined to be. I would help her achieve becoming that idol that is known worldwide, unlike Woohyun. I continued to give myself reason after reason as to why he wasn't good enough for her and why I was the perfect man to take care of her. I made up my mind. I had to do something, and this required special reinforcements. I picked up my phone and looked through my contacts until I came across the perfect person to help me and my cause. I called him and waited for him to pick up.
"Ah, hello! How are you doing, Kyuhyun? Good! Actually... I need your help with something."