It's the First Day and It's Already A Disater?

Tales of Fake Love

~Zoe's POV~

            Woohyun stormed into our apartment angrily. Our apartment is a furnished, yet very plain apartment with three rooms: a bathroom, a bedroom, and a living room comined with a kitchen. It was somewhat small, but it will have to do. After all, Woohyun scrounged money together with his bandmates to pay for this place. I won't make Woohyun any angrier... Only because the cameras are still rolling.

"Why are you still so angry?" I asked as I put my bag down in the corner of the room.

 "How would you feel if Kim Jaejoong didn't know your name?"  spat Woohyun. My eyes widened as I pulled out my phone to text my manager.

 "Y-you know my favorite idol too?" I stuttered as I began texting my manager.

  To: Byuli Unnie~<3

  From: The Squirrel :D

 Body: UNNIE!!!! THIS GUY IS CREEPY!!! HE KNOWS MY FAVORITE IDOL!!! IS HE A STALKER????

 "NO!" He shouted immediatley.

 To: The Squirrel :D

 From: Byuli Unnie~<3

Body: I may have told him a few things about you~ kekekeke! But I never told him that. It's not that hard to figure out though. In all of your variety shows, you're listening to DBSK and JYJ. Don't worry, he's just a fan!;)

 I face palmed myself. Of course any fan would know that I love DBSK! But I never openly said, "I love Jaejoong! He's my favorite!" openly! Jaejoong and I are pretty good friends, but nothing more... Yet. Once this is over, I hope to see Jaejoong again. He left SME while I was in America, and I haven't seen him since before I went to the U.S.

 Woohyun waved his hand infront of my face.

"Hello?" He asked with a raised brow. My phone vibrated again, but Jaejoong was distracting me from reality. "So you hear Jaejoong's name once, and you're off daydreaming about him? And infront of your new husband!" I started thinking about the time that Jaejoong and I were talking backstage before my last comeback stage in Korean. He gave me a tight and long hug, and then I felt my cheeks warm up alittle. If Minah or Nata were here, I wouldn't hear the end of having a tomatoe face. "Unbelievable," Woohyun scoffed. He stormed into the bedroom and slammed the door shut.  

 I finally snapped out of my daydreaming and looked at my phone. Byuli unnie had sent me a text.

 To: The Squirrel :D

 From: Byuli Unnie~<3

Body: DON'T START DAYDREAMING ABOUT JAEJOONG LIKE YOU USUALLY DO JUST BECAUSE YOU HEARD HIS NAME!!! D:< INSPIRITS WILL HATE YOU, AND IT'S ONLY YOUR FIRST DAY!!! THINK ABOUT YOUR IMAGE!!!

 "Oops," I thought aloud.

 To: Byuli Unnie~<3

 From: The Squirrel :D

Body: Too late D: He's ticked off now!! OTTOKAE?!

 A few seconds, I recieved a text back from my manager.

 To: The Squirrel :D

 From: Byuli Unnie~<3

Body: Your problem, not mine. Fix this. NOW. >:|

 "Gee... Thanks for the help, unnie." I said to my phone. I beamed as I thought of the perfect way to fix this. "Everyone loves sweets!" I exclaimed to the camera men. I picked up my bag from the corner and headed out the door with a few camera men following close behind. On my way to the super market, I was stopped by an Inspirit.

 "Yah! Lee Zoe, you better be good to my oppa!" exclaimed a girl with dyed red hair. I bowed and continued walking to the market.

            Once I entered the market, I pulled out my Kitchen Princess manga book from my bag. They look so good in the manga, so they must taste this good in real life, right? For the recipe i needed: one-third of a cup of water, four tablespoons of butter, two-thirds of a cup of flour, two eggs, one cup of whipcream, one tablespoon of sugar, two or three bananas, and lemon juice. I walked down the aisles and picked up three containers or cartons of everything that was listed on the recipe.

 "Why are you buying this many ingredients?" asked a camera man. I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck.

 "The third times the charm." I shrugged and walked to the cashier. Apparently, the cashier was an Ace! She bowed nintey degrees and grinned ear-to-ear.

 "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Zoe! I love J.O.Y!" she exclaimed. I chuckled at this girl's hyperness.

 "Annyeonghaseyo! Are you a fan?" I questioned as I put the groceries on the counter.

 "Of course! Sorry, but Minah is my favorite." said the cashier as she scanned the groceries. My shoulders fell, but I quickly regained my composure.

 "It's no problem!" I exclaimed.

 "I'm actually a fanfic writer! I love the MinahxLeeteuk pairing!" Her eyes lit up once she mentioned the couple pairing. "How's she doing now that Leeteuk's in the army?"

 "She was really upset at first; we all were. So, what do you write about?" I asked as she finished scanning all of the groceries and putting them in plastic bags.

 "Oh, you know... Stuff." She winked at me when she said that. I don't want to know. I graciously took the bags of groceries that she handed me. I bowed and left the store.

 "That was weird.. What is 'stuff' anyway?" I asked the camera man as we headed back to the apartment.

 "It's okay. Just focus on your surprise for Woohyun." I gave him a questioning look, but kept walking. Whatever "stuff" was, it probably wasn't anything good. The rest of the walk home was silent except for when I started to scream lyrics to different songs. I can't let a variety show be boring!

            When I entered the apartment, everything was silent. Woohyun must still be moping in the room. I set the groceries on the kitchen table and turned the oven on to 390 degrees fahrenheit. I took out a mixing bowl, a pan, a whisk, a saucepan, a pot, a wooden spoon, and a cup. 

 I looked at the recipe and saw that I needed to sift flour. I need to what? I took out my phone and looked up how to sift flour. Apparently, I need something called a sieve.. Ok, how do I sift flower without a sieve thingy? I looked up how to sift flower without a sieve, and it's pretty simple. I measured two-thirds of a cup of flour and put it into a mixing bowl. I used a whisk to beat the flour until it was fluffy like a cotton ball!

 I took two eggs from the carton and tried to break them into the cup. Although, I hit the bottom of the egg too hard against the counter top, which caused the contents of the egg to spill all over the counter and onto the floor. My face flushed bright red because I could hear some of the producers and camera men laughing and chuckling behind me. I took the second egg and successfully broke it into the cup this time! I grabbed another egg from the carton and successfully broke three-fourths of the egg into the cup. Oh well. What harm could missing one-fourths of the egg do?

 Next, I grabbed a pot and put in one-third of a cup of water and put it on a burner that was set to medium heat. I tried cutting four tablespoons of butter off of a stick of butter, but it was so slippery that it slipped out of my hands and onto the floor. I face palmed myself and then realized that my hand was covered in butter. Now  I have a buttery forehead! I grabbed the second stick of butter that I had bought and successfully cut off four tablespoons off of the stick of butter. I added it to the pot on the burner and waited for the butter to melt. Once the butter melted, I turned off the heat and took the pot off of the burner and set on the burner to the left.

 The recipe said that I needed to add the sifted flour, so I picked up the bowl and turned it upside down over top of the pot. About one-third of the sifted flower made it into the pot, and the other two-thirds of the sifted flour spilled onto the stove and the floor and on my pants. Smooth, Zoe. I thought. I sifted two-thirds of a cup of flour again. This time I made it into the pot without it spilling anywhere! I mixed all of the ingredients in the pot with a wooden spoon without spilling anything!

 I looked at the recipe again and it said that I needed to put the pot full of the ingredients on medium heat for one minute. I turned the burner back on medium heat and waited for it to warm up. After a few moments, I put the pot back on the burner. I was supposed to add the egg slowly while stirring with my wooden spoon, but I read that part of the recipe alittle too late. I dumped the eggs in the pot and started stirring the mixture. I stirred the mixture until it was tough and doughy. It was alittle hard, but what harm could that do? I turned off the heat and took the pot off of the burner. I put the dough in a pastry bag. Well, tried is what I should say. I spilled some of the dough on my sleeve, but the rest of the dough made it into the pastry bag!

 I took a cookie pan and put wax paper ontop of it. Then, I squeezed out the dough onto the pan. They look like demented circles. Oh well! I put them in the oven for fifteen minutes and waited for them to finish baking.

 After the fifteen minutes were up, I opened the oven and took out the cream puffs and set them onto of the stove to cool. The cream puffs weren't that puffy, but that was only because they just came out of the over, right?

 Once they were cool, they still weren't puffed up. That shouldn't be that big of a deal. I took a bite into a cream puff, and I spit it right into a napkin. Not only was it hard enough to make your teeth ache, but the taste of the cream puff was unbelievably awful!

 "I have a feeling that I'm going to get more screen time than desired." I said to the camera man. The producer noonas were giggling and nodding vigorously.

 I took out the pocket watch necklace that I always wear underneath my shirt and stared at it for a few moments. I do this whenever I get stressed.. I sighed and put it back under my shirt. Time is precious, so don't waste it, were the words that kept replaying in my head everytime I looked at the watch. "Alright, time for batch number two!" I said as I threw the rest of the cream puffs in the trash can.

~Woohyun's POV~

           I stormed off into the bedroom and slammed the door. I couldn't believe how Zoe was ignoring me right now! Seriously, I'm her husband, not Kim Jaejoong! I shuddered at the very thought of his name. I threw myself face first onto the bed. How could she do this to me? I thought. I've liked her ever since we met on that bus. I remembered her, but how come she forgot about me?

Flashback

            I was sitting on the bus, riding back to my home town. I was in disguise so no one recognized me. Along the way to Chungcheong, the bus stopped for a moment in Sunji-gu where a crying girl entered the bus and sat on the row across from me. She didn't have a disguise or anything on, so I immediately recognized Lee Zoe of JOY. I wasn't an Ace yet, actually, I hardly new any of JOY's songs. But Hoya was a pretty big fan of JOY, so I new their names atleast. 

 I walked over to where Zoe sat, and I sat down next to her. She didn't even notice that someone sat down next to her because she was sobbing so much.

"Time is precious, so don't waste it by crying, Miss Lee Zoe." I said. Zoe looked up at me and her eyes widdened. She tried to hide her face behind her hair, but her hair was so short that it was evident that she was still sobbing. "I may not know what happened," I said in the most comforting voice that I could pull. "But I don't think that someone like you should be crying like this." I said as took her head in my hands and wiped away her tears. I took the pocket watch necklace that I was wearing around me neck and put it around her neck. "Time is precious, so don't waste it." Zoe took the pocket watch in her hands and stared at the design. There was an owl engraved on the front and a flower encircled by a vine engraved on the back.

 "Thanks, but please don't tell anyone about this." Zoe pleaded as she wiped away the last of her tears. "I don't want my members to worry about me." My eyes widened in disbelief.

 "Your members don't know that you're crying right now?" Zoe shook her head.

 "I don't really tell my members anything that makes me upset. I always deal with it by myself," She looked at me and smiled. "So, thanks for taking your time to talk to me." I stared at her. Even with tears running down her cheeks, her smile was beautiful. It was real and not like those fake smiles that I had seen almost every idol use. She gave me a questioning look but immediatly replaced it with another smile once the bus stopped. She turned to leave, but turned around and said, "Well, I should get going now. Thank you so much." She bowed and turned to leave the bus.

 "Wait!" I called after her. "Come with me." I said, smirking. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to an arcade. "Miss dance machine, I'd like to see your skills." I said as I let go of her wrist infront of the Dance Dance Revolution game.

 "Are you kidding me? I at this! If you want to see my dancing skills, you just need to ask." she said as she whipped out her Ipod and mini speakers. I smirked as I took her Iphone from her.

 "What?! There's no Infinite on here!" I said in disbelief as I was scrolling through her Iphone.

 "Nah. They aren't my style."

 "Have you heard 'Be Mine' or 'Dashi Dorawa' or 'Before the Dawn'?" Zoe shook her head. "That's why Infinite isn't your style." I started to play a dupstep song, and her face lit up. "Alright, let's see those skills."  Zoe nodded and listened to the song for a few moments before completely losing herself to the beat. She began popping and then switched to break dancing and then back to popping. People gathered around Zoe to watch and applauded once she flawlessly finished with a one-handed hand stand. I gave her a thumbs-up. She bowed and walked up to me as she awkwardly scratched the back of her neck. "What's wrong? You did great!" I exclaimed.

 "Thanks." She said, somewhat blushing. "I've been a Kpop idol for almost two years now, and I'm still not used to the attention." I patted her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile. She beamed and gave me a hug. "I have to go to America, but I'll never forget you." she said as she let go of me and began to run out of the arcade. She turned around and waved goodbye to me. She is very warm, I thought as I smiled to myself.

 "And I'll never forget you either, Miss Lee Zoe."

 End of Flashback

            I smiled to myself at the thought of my made up Zoe. In my mind, she would be very nice; only would only have eyes for me. She would still be wearing the pocket watch necklace, and we would have a touching reunion on TV. None of this happened the way I wanted to. I wanted to laugh at myself for being so stupid. We haven't met for over two years. She's obviously changed in that time frame.

            I was awakened from my thoughts by the sound of pans slamming to the floor and Zoe crying out in pain. I rushed out of the room to see what was going on. Zoe was by the sink, running her forearm under cool water. A pan was lying on the ground. Some kind of unedible looking food was laying all over the kitchen floor. A stick of butter was melting on the floor, and flour was all over the counter and on Zoe's pants.

 "Wha-what happened?" I asked, stuttering. Zoe turned around and looked at me with wide eyes.

 "Sorry!" She said as her arm was still under the cool water. "I wanted to apologize to you by making you cream puffs, but they didn't turn out as nicely as they did in the recipe from the manga."

 "Wait! You used a recipe from a manga book?!" Zoe nodded, and I face palmed myself. "Nevermind.. Why are you cooking?"

 "To apologize..." she said sheepishly. I ran my fingers through my hair as I chuckled. I walked up to the fridge and pulled and ice pack from the freezer. I grabbed Zoe's wrist and placed the ice pack on her forearm.

 "Thanks," I said. "You still at cooking though." She looked at me in disbelief, and I stuck my tongue out at her. I quickly let go of her wrist and ran to the opposite side of the apartment.

 "YAH!" Zoe exclaimed as she began chasing me. "You're so mean!"

 "My name's not  'you'!" I exclaimed while laughing. "Do you even remember my name?" Zoe stopped chasing me to think for a second.

 "Ummmm...." She pulled out her Iphone and started typing. Seriously, I thought. Does she have to look on the internet to find out what my name is? "OH!" she exclaimed. "IT'S L!" I immediately began chasing Zoe now.

 "YAH! I'M NOT L! I'M WOOHYUN!" I yelled as I chased Zoe all around the apartment. Zoe laughed as I chased her around the apartment. I tried to catch up, but that girl has way too much energy! I ended up holding onto the couch for support as I tried to catch my breath.

 "You will never catch me, Woohun!" exclaimed Zoe. I instantly got a burst of energy from being irritated.

 "YAH! IT'S WOOHYUN! NOT WOOHUN!" I yelled as I began to chase her again. Zoe was still too fast, and I ended up laying down on the couch out of breath.

 "Do you give up?" asked Zoe. I nodded as I was gasping for breath. "That's good, Woohun. I'll go buy dinner while you try to stop looking like a fish that just came out of the water."

~Zoe's POV~

            I began walking to the convenience store, and I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled out my phone to see who texted me.

 To: My Squirrel Dongsang~

 From: Jaejoong Oppa :)

Body: Hey! What's up??

I smiled. I haven't heard from Jaejoong oppa in a few weeks, and I missed talking to him.

 To: Jaejoong Oppa :)

 From: My Squirrel Dongsang~

Body: I'm on WGM and shopping for dinner. wbu?

             I entered the store and found alot of microwave meals. I grabbed a few of the meals and headed to the counter to pay for them. The cashier didn't recognize me, so nothing interesting happened. I grabbed my bags and headed out the store. My phone vibrated again as I was walking back to the apartment, and I giggled at the text messaged that Jaejoong had sent.

 To: My Squirrel Dongsang~

 From: Jaejoong Oppa :)

Body: Whaaaaaat?? Lee Zoe! Are you cheating on me?! D:

I stood outside the door of the apartment to reply to the text message so that I didn't have any unwanted drama from.... "What's his face".

 To: Jaejoong Oppa :)

 From: My Squirrel Dongsang~

Body: Sorry, Oppa! I'll treat you to something yummy next time~ :3

Once I entered the apartment, I saw "What's his face" sitting down at the table. His head was laying down on the table. Once I closed the door shut, his eyes snapped open.

 "Welcome back." He said as his stomach growled. "What took you so long?" I placed the bags and my phone on the counter.

 "Sorry!" I said as I took a meal out of a plastic bag. "I'll make the meals right now." 

~Woohyun's POV~

            "I'll make the meals right now." said Zoe as she took a meal out of the plastic bag. Zoe's phone vibrated on the table. I would've told her right away... Okay, that's a lie... I read the message first and then say that you have a message. But anyways, once I saw the text, I didn't want to tell Zoe that she had a message.

 To: My Squirrel Dongsang~

 From: Jaejoong Oppa :)

Body: It'll just be me and you, right? ;)It's been so long since I've seen you! I miss you:(  

"What's wrong?" asked Zoe. I gave Zoe the death glare everytime I looked from back from her to the text message. I felt like steam was pouring out my ears.

Calm down, Woohyun. Calm down. I thought.  But I can't calm down. As I opened my mouth to speak, I felt like every camera in this room was on me. All ran through my head was what Zoe's manager told me. Choose your words wisely, Woohyun. You have no idea how what you say will affect your image. I got up from the chair and walked into the bedroom with Zoe's phone. I slammed the door shut and jumped onto the bed. I looked at Jaejoong's text message again, and I began replying to the text.

 To: Jaejoong Oppa :)

 From: My Squirrel Dongsang~

Body: My wife isn't going anywhere with you. So forget about it>:(  -Woohyun aka Zoe's HUSBAND

I waited for a few moments, and he finally replied.

 To: My Squirrel Dongsang~

 From: Jaejoong Oppa :)

Body: It's her choice where she goes or not and who she goes with. Plus, this is a variety show. So, she's not really your wife. >:P 

I slammed my fist against the bed. If it's a fight he wants, then a fight he shall get. 

Hyung, from now on, it's war. I thought.