Chapter 3

Tales of Fake Love

                                   ~Chola's POV~

   As Minhwan and Woohyun got closer to Zoe and I, my Primadonna side started kicking in. I had to fight back the urge to squeal and run around like a crazy fan girl.

"Annyeonghaseyo," Minhwan said as he bowed nintey degrees. "I'm Minhwan, the maknae from FT Island." I smiled and bowed nintey degrees as I introduced myself.

"I'm Chola. I'm the maknae of JOY, and I look forward to working with you."

           The atmosphere became really awkward all of a sudden. Minhwan smiled and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, and I began fidgeting with my jacket. The breeze got stronger, and I saw Minhwan slightly shiver. 

"Are you cold?" I asked. He smiled and nodded as he rubbed his hands together. "I have mittens if you want to borrow them." I said as I held out my Pikachu mittens. 

"You like Pikachu to?!" Minhwan asked. I nodded. He sounded almost elated when I told him that I love Pikachu.

"What would you like to do?" asked Minhwan. I smiled. 

"I know exactly what to do!"

          We went shopping in Hongdae before we headed to our apartment in that area.  I haven't been in Hongdae for a long time, and it's my absolute favorite place to go in Korea! I twirled around in the center of the street with my arms stretched out, taking in all the excitement and scenery of Hongdae. After twirling, I ran over to Minhwan and grabbed his arm. Girl's gawked over seeing Minhwan in person. Some of the girls winked at him as they passed by, and I gave them the death glare that I learned from Minah. Once the girl's saw me glaring at them, they hurried along their way through Hongdae. I smiled at my achievement of scaring away Minhwan's fangirls.

   "So am I going to have to give them that scary glare to when boys wink at you or try to flirt with you?" asked Minhwan. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him. "Where did you learn a look that scary?" I smiled.

   "If you wake Minah up early enough times, you'll see her death glare so many times that you'll be able to do it." 

   "Like this?" asked Minhwan as he failed horribly at glaring at a guy staring at me. His cheeks are just too chubby for him to look threatening. I reached up and pinched his cheek. His eyes widened in surprise at what I was doing. 

   "Your cheeks are so chubby." I said. Minhwan scoffed and began to walk away from me. "No, wait! That was a compliment!" I said as I ran up to him. "Please don't be mad." I used my aegyo in order to obtain his forgiveness, but he just rolled his eyes.

   "If you're going to do aegyo; do it right." he said as he proceeded to make his eyes to appear like puppy dog eyes. 

   "Awwwwwwwww! You're so cute!" I said as I linked my arm in his. He slightly blushed, and we began to walk down the streets of Hongdae; looking at the different stands that we passed by. 

            "So, besides Pikachu, what else do you like?" asked Minhwan. 

   "Disney!" I said without thinking. 

   "Which Disney movie is your favorite?" This time I had to think. Because, come on, there are so many great disney movies.

   "Either Mulan, Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, or Tarzan." 

   "You don't like Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid?" 

   "They're classics, but they're not my favorite." I said as I stopped in front of a small thift shop with a table out front, filled with cheap, sparkly jewelry. I picked up a silver Star of David necklace with a small stone on the right corner of the star. It was beautiful, like something that you would see in dramas. "What's your favorite Disney movie?"  I asked as I pulled out my wallet to pay for the necklace. 

 "I'll pay for the necklace." said Minhwan as he pulled out his wallet and handed the ahjumma the money. He helped me put on the necklace, and I felt my cheeks get really hot. "Oh god," I thought, "I caught Zoe's tomato face syndrome."

 

~Zoe's POV~

 

          I rushed back into the dorm, greeted by two small, hyper maltese puppies and a large, loving golden retriever, Logan. My two maltese puupies named Annie and Gracie jumped up on my legs and barked, but they were very cautious of the intruding camera men behind me. Logan, Chola's golden retiever walked over to one of the girls on staff, and the woman grew quite afraid of the big dog that was suddenly a few inches away from her face. 

 "Logan," I called. He walked over to me, tounge sticking out and tail wagging. How could people be afraid of someone as adorable as you? I thought.

 "You have a lot of animals." said a staff member. 

 "Oh yeah!" I said, enthused. "These aren't even all of our pets." I said as shrill barking could be heard from Minah's room. 

 "SHUSH!" Minah yelled. 

 "MINAH, COME SAY HI TO THE CAMERAS!" I yelled. Minah squeezed out of her room without letting her dog, Cozette, out, but her cat, Jaebum, managed to squeeze through the small opening using his cat black magic. Minah looked annoyed even though she was smiling as she walked towards me and the camera men.

 "SIR FLUFFY TAIL!" I squealed as I ran to pick up the cat, but he ran away from me. I frowned and walked back to Minah and the dogs who were now surrounding the camera men. 

 "For the last time, his name is Jaebum, not Sir Fluffy Tail." Minah said as she helped me shoo the dogs into their individual crates for the sake of the horrified staff. 

 "But Sir Fluffy Tail is way cooler than Jaebum." Minah sighed and shook her head.

 "So, why are there cameras here?" 

 "Oh!" I said, remembering why we were here in the first place. "I'm going to learn about Infinite by watching their videos online!" Minah smiled, trying to hold in her laugh but eventually failed. 

 "Didn't you look up almost every boy band last night?" I nodded. "And you couldn't remember one of the most trending idol groups right now? Who's your husband?" My eyes widened in horror. I forgot his name again. I took my phone out from my pocket and searched up the member profiles. "What're you doing?" 

 "Ummmm... Chola texted me." I lied.  

 "No, she didn't! We would've heard your text tone then." I looked down the list of names until I stopped and found my "husband's" picture... At least I think that's him. It's either this Woohyun guy or this L guy. I was ready to flip tables after a few seconds of trying, yet failing, to determine who my husband was. 

     Suddenly, my text tone went off. "I don't need a man~! I don't need a man~!" My phone sang. My cheeks turned red when I realized that the cameras were still rolling and I had no idea how to answer Minah's question. My text tone didn't help my case either.

 "So, unnie. What're you doing on your phone?" she asked with a knowing smirk. I hung my head in shame. 

 "Okay, fine. I don't remember his name, and two of these guys look the same to me! It's either Woohyun or L." 

 "Woohyun's your husband." said a girl staff member. I smiled.

 "Thank you." I said. The girl smiled back and nodded. "Can we cut that little scene out though?" The staff smiled, but shook their heads. "Please?" I begged. They still refused. I am SO dead once Woohyun sees this, I panicked. Minah coughed and said in an attempt to save my , "Well I know what video that you should start with." Minah switched on the TV, and she used the wirless keyboard to look up Infinite "Sesame Player Episode 1" on Youtube. In the first twenty seconds, I saw two boys who looked EXACTLY the same to me, but the only difference was that one had an ear piercing and the other didn't. To make matters worse, they both looked exactly like my husband. Minah saw the look of distress on my face, and I knew that the cameras were zoomed in on me. I knew the dreaded question was coming up when she paused the video and the screen froze to a shot where all of the boys were on screen.

"Which one is your husband?"

I could see the headlines on AllKpop tomorrow: Lee Zoe is the WORST wife ever!