Meet Your Husbands

Tales of Fake Love

            At SM Entertainment, JOY had just started their luch break when they heard a knock on the door of the dance practice room.

 "Who is it?" asked Nata as she opened the door. There were a few camera men standing outside the door, but what caught Nata's attention were the two brown boxes, with notes taped onto it, laying on the floor. She and Minah picked up the boxes and brought them inside the room with a few camera men following close behind. Zoe and Chola previously made a bet concerning who could finish a burrito first. The camera men had caught the ending of their unsightly eating contest, and Chola doing a dorky victory dance. Rice, beans, and lettuce-was sprayed all around and on the two girls, especially Zoe. Zoe ran to her bag to grab her water bottle as she started choking on the remaining food in , and Chola was still dancing with her back facing the camera.

 "You are like a vaccum cleaner!" exclaimed Zoe who was still in the midst of catching her breath.

 "Don't be a sore loser!" said Chola when she finished her dance. "Nata is a vaccum cleaner to!"

 "Aniyo! She has a black hole for a stomach, but she takes her time to enjoy her food!" said Zoe, flustered.

 "No, I do not!" protested Nata. Chola and Zoe turned towards Nata, and their eyes widened.

 "H-how long have the cameras been here?" stuttered Chola.

 "Don't worry," said Minah. "We got your dance on camera, and the end of your eating contest!" She and Nata started laughing as they sat down on the floor with the boxes on their laps. Zoe looked at the boxes and then the camera men and then looked back at the boxes. Her eyes widened and she cupped her hand over as she smiled. Just in case there was any food stuck in her teeth.

 "Wait. No. It couldn't be, could it?" Zoe asked the camera men.

 "You okay there, Unnie?" asked the concerned umma, Minah.

 "I think that one-wait two of us are going to be on 'We Got Married'!" she exclaimed, nervously. All of the girl's widened eyes were looking at the boxes. Tension filled the air. Usually girls are excited about this, but JOY isn't like most girls. This is their death sentance.

 "If we open it, does that mean that we are the participant?" asked Nata who was about to either murder someone or throw the box into the trash.

 "Calm yourself, Nata." said Zoe. "I'll read it."

 "If it's about me, read it in Mandarin or English. That way I won't understand any of it," demanded Nata.

 "Arrasso," said Zoe. She opened up the card, and her hands were visibally shaking from how nervous she was. "'To: Virtual Wife. Idol Couple Recruitment has chosen you as a virtual wife. The first meeting will be at Hongdae River in one week.'" The tension grew, and this would make fans question their image.

 "At a raise of hands, who has been, or is in, a relationship?" asked Minah. Chola raised her hand, but no one else did. Immediatly, everyone started glaring at Minah. "What?" she tried to ask innocently.

 "Oh, don't 'What?' us!" exclaimed Chola. "You don't have to say his name."

 "Be honest, mei mei, and raise your hand." Zoe demanded. Minah raised her hand and a slight pinkish tone was seen flash across her cheeks.

 "But you will have to say it on a variety show!" exclaimed Nata. Minah closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead.

 "So you two would know how to act around your husband," said Zoe.

 "Neh," said Chola and Minah simulateously.

 "Should we see which two of us are the wives?" asked Minah. The girls sat in silence for a few moments. All of them were too nervous to look. Zoe took the note and removed the sticker that said "Virtual Wife". She closed her eyes and sighed in relief as she put her hand on her heart to calm her down.

 "Who is it?" asked Nata, nervously.

 "Based off of her reaction, it's obviously not her." said Minah as she nervously held onto the second box.

 "It's Chola." Zoe finally said.

 "WHAT?! UNNIE!" screamed Chola as she clung to Zoe's leg.

 "Yah! I didn't assign you the husband!" said Zoe as she pried Chola off of her leg. "There's still brother-in-law's introduction and his personal item." Chola dived for the box, but Nata held it above her head.

 "First, you have to tell us who you would want the husband to be." said Nata.

 "Oh, come on!" protested Minah. "We know that answer. Don't make her say it on TV." Nata reluctanly handed Chola the box, and Chola immediatly took out the letter. She began to read aloud.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am a cute and loveable man in my twenties. I love listening to music, and one of my favorite bands is Linkin Park. I also like playing computer games and using aegyo. I like Pikachu, and my favorite colors are: white, pink, and yellow."

Nata, Zoe, and Minah glanced at each other, smirking, Suddenly, they all started laughing.

 "He likes pink!" exclaimed Minah who was unable to hold in her laughter any longer.

 "UNNIE!" exclaimed Chola.

 "It's okay! If he's a real man, he can wear pink and still be a pimp!" said Zoe.

 "But she HATES pink!" exclaimed Nata.

 "Guys, he's going to be upset that his sisters-in-law are making fun of him." said Choia.

 "Mianhaeyo, brother-in-law! Please be nice to Chola!" exclaimed Zoe.

 "What's his personal item?" asked Minah, curious.

 "Drumsticks," said Chola as she held them up for everyone to see.

 "So he's a cute drummer." said Nata.

 "I can only think of two drummers." said Minah.

 "Na dul. And they're both cute." said Zoe as she her fake beard. "It's either Kang Minhyuk or Choi Minhwan." Chola instantly smiled at Minhwan's name.

 "That would be so awesome if Minhwan-shi was my husband!" exclaimed Chola. "Thanks to somebody blasting FT Island music all the time; I am now a fan!" she said glaring at Zoe. Zoe just shrugged.

 "Guys, we still have one more box," said Minah. The air grew tense as Minah peeled off the sticker. When she saw whose name it was, she immediatly started laughing. "Now this is something I want to see! You guys picked the right girl as a virtual wife!" exclaimed Minah laughing and clapping at the same time. Zoe and Nata looked at each other with fear in their eyes. It was one of them.

 "Who is it?" asked Chola.

 "Zoe!" exclaimed Minah who is now rolling around on the floor. Nata sighed in relief and gave Zoe a hug.

 "Gambare, onee-chan!" said Nata. Zoe was stuck in a daze. All of the girls waved their hands infront of Zoe's face, but she didn't react at all! Chola even sang Intoxication by Junsu in her ear, but she didn't even move.

 "Ottokae?!" cried Chola.

 "The thought of getting married broke her!" exclaimed Nata. "This is why-" Minah put her hand over Nata's mouth.

 "Umma's instinct that this comment is going to cause a scandal." said Minah smiling innocently.

 "Umma, ottokae?! Zoe won't budge!" exclaimed Chola.

 "She might be trying to calm down." said Nata.

 "I got it!" exclaimed Minah as she rushed to get her ipod. She blasted "I Am The Best" by 2NE1. Zoe immediatly got up and danced to every part as powerfully and flawlessly that she could. Chola tried to join Zoe, but Minah held her back. After the song, Zoe calmed down enough to talk, but she was obviously shaking and her face was blood red.

 "When my husband sees this..I am truely sorry, but this is my first relationship. Plus it's being filmed and I have no idea how to act in a relationship. So right now, I'm freaking out. I'm afraid that I won't be the girl that you would rather be on the show with. So, I'm really sorry in advance," said Zoe as she bowed nintey degrees.

 "Why do you taint your image more when you act like yourself instead of when you freak out?" asked Minah, chuckling.

 "Mianhaeyo..." said Zoe. "Where am I meeting my husband?"

 "Let me check." said Minah as she read the note. "Your first meeting is at the Hongdae River next week. It's like a double date." Zoe nodded and reached for her husband's introductory letter. But Nata grabbed it before Zoe did.

 "Oh no! You look like you just heard that your husband died in the war, and that this is his last letter to you. Cheer up! It's a variety show. Just be you," she said.

 "You're right! It's a show! This isn't an arranged marriage! I'll atleast try to be best friends with this guy!" Zoe proclaimed as she stood up and held her fist in the air.

 "So, Miss President. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to read the letter," said Nata. Zoe immediatly sat down and listened intently.

Annyeonghaseyo. I am a lively man in my twenties. Let me introduce myself. I have a good personality, and I am tall with broad shoulders. I love to cook, weight train, and play tennis. Also, I am good at voice impressions.

 "What's his personal item?" asked Zoe. Minah opened the box and pulled out a pair of running shoes. All of the girls were baffled at why he would put shoes in the box.

 "Crown J?" Chola said, unsure.

 "I doubt that he would come back onto the show again," said Minah.

 "Well, he likes sports and cooking. Which is a good thing, because I don't really know how to cook," Zoe shyly admitted.

 "Make sure that you know his name," said Minah. Zoe face-palmed herself.

 "I'm in so much trouble. I don't know that many boy bands. Much less their names! What if I go to meet him, and he knows me, but I have no idea who he is?"

 "That would ," said Nata.

 

            One week later, Chola and Zoe were waiting where the camera men directed them to wait near the Han River. Both of them were extremely nervous and slightly shaking, but it wasn't noticable.

 "Who do you think is my husband?" asked Chola as they gazed at the river in anticipation.

 "I don't know. I did my research on boy bands though. I hope I atleast know his name." said Zoe as she crossed her fingers.

 "Unnie, I'm so nervous! What should we do?" asked Chola.

 "Well, we could dance, but we don't want to be sweaty when we first meet our husbands."

 "Deh." Zoe started mumbling to herself and Chola looked at her like she has gone mad.

 "Gwenchana?" asked a very concerned Chola.

 "Huh? Oh, yeah! I was praying." Zoe awkwardly scratched the back of her neck. "I just have a really bad feeling about this." '

 "Don't worry about it! Just be yourself!" said Chola. She noticed that to her left were two guys walking towards them. "Are those two our husbands?" Chola asked a camera man. The camera man nodded. Chola hit Zoe's arm repeatedly out of excitment. "Unnie, it's Minhwan from FT Island!" she squealed.

 "Neh. Crap! Who's the guy next to him?" Zoe asked.

 "Oh! He's from... uhhhh... Infinite!"

 "Yeah, I know that much. But what's his name?"

 "No idea." 

 "Greaaat." The boys came face-to-face with their wives. Almost immediatly, Chola and Minhwan became friends. They were very friendly with each other once they met. Zoe, on the other hand, was having a bit of trouble.

 "Annyeonghaseyo, Zoe-noona." said Woohyun as he bowed politely.

 "Annyeonghaseyo." said Zoe, returning the bow.

 "I'm a big fan of JOY." he said, beaming.

 "Really? Thank you!" Zoe said, awkwardly smiling.

 "Do you know who I am?"

 "You're from Infinite."

 "Yeah, but do you know my name?" asked Woohyun.