Chapter 5

After All This Time

 

 

 

Your POV

 

After putting on my shoes, I glanced at my wristwatch: thirty-minutes before the first class starts. I immediately got up from the couch and stepped out the house. I jogged my way at the right side of the veranda, dragged my bike out from leaning the post, and positioned it on the pathway. I got on my bike and kicked the stand upwards. With a blow, I pedaled my way to school.

 

The school is located few kilometers away from my house. By riding my bike, it only takes me fifteen minutes to get to there. But if I prefer walking, it takes at least thirty minutes.

 

I do love riding my bike to school. I liked the fresh morning air, the beautiful scenery, and to see the local people working at there vegetable garden outside there homes.

 

Just before I passed the intersection, I can already see my fellow students walking their way to school. I vaguely heard someone calling my name, at the same time, the tinkling sound of bike bells.

 

“Jaein! Jaein!” I pulled the brake for a stop and let my foot touch the ground for balance. I looked around and then smiled, just to discover that it was just Misoo who was calling me. She was riding her bicycle too.

 

“Morning, Misoo!” I beamed and waved at her.

 

Misoo stops her bike right next to mine and huffs, “Hi Jaein!”

 

“Hello, how was the weekend?” I then began pedaling my bike, but this time, rather slower.

 

Misoo started pedaling too, complimenting my speed. “Cool! I went with my father at the mountains yesterday. We found so many wild flowers right by the rainforest. I was even planning of giving you one.”

 

“Really? You know I like white flowers a lot, do you? Haha, that’s really cool!”

 

Misoo laughed healthily. “Of course, I do! What are best friends for, right? A white flower compliments your pureness, my friend.”

 

I laughed at her remark. We are already inside the school, and when we reached the parking lot, we got off from our bikes and chain it at the metal bars.

 

After securing it’s already locked, I stood up and Misoo’s arms suddenly looped mines. “How about you? How was the visit to Jongshin oppa? Is he going to debut as a singer now?”

 

I smirked. We were now walking our way to the classroom. “No, not yet. But you know, my oppa looks a lot better now. I noticed that his body is getting brawny. Is that normal?”

 

Misoo shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe. He was training to become an idol, so that means he works out a lot. Its part of the physical change, my dear!” she chuckled, “I heard you’ll get prettier if you start living in Seoul.”

 

I snorted. “What? That’s silly!” I grinned. Yeah, maybe she was right. We got to our classroom only to be greeted by Luhan. Oh, I forgot to mention, this mister little sunshine is also my classmate.

 

“Hello friends!” Luhan yelled and loops his arms around me and Misoo’s neck.

 

“Yah, Lulu oppa! Get off!” Misoo whined. Luhan laughed and took off his hands around us.

 

Aigoo, you just wrinkled my newly ironed clothes!” I groaned and arranged my collar. I mischievously glared at him and then walked to my seat. Good thing the teacher’s not here yet.

 

I saw Luhan laughing as he continued pissing Misoo. I smiled when I heard Misoo whining again when Luhan pinched her cheeks.

 

Aigoo, a day can’t be called normal if you will not see them like this. Misoo had once mentioned that meeting Luhan was the worst mistake she ever did in her life. It wasn’t really serious though. Luhan is a type of guy who is a good natured get-on-your-nerves person—the kind who looks like they don’t own all the problems in the world.

 

Watching them play around, or I should say ‘pissing around’, I just grinned and shook my head lightly. With a smile, I opened my bag and pulled out my notes for review.

 

I heard Misoo groaned when she got on her seat. She was seated in front of me. The seating arrangement is set with girls and boys sitting alternatively in one row. That makes me seated with two boys on each side. But the left chair beside me is empty, so I only have my classmate Hodong at the right side.

 

Misoo slapped Luhan’s shoulder when the boy sat next to her. Poor Misoo, they were seatmates.

 

The class went panic and abruptly went to their seats. I looked up and saw our adviser, Mrs. Lee, came in and walked to the teacher’s table and placed down her files. When the class is already settled down, she cleared and began speaking.

 

“Good morning.”

 

“Good morning, sunsaengnim,” the class curtly replied.

 

Mrs. Lee smiled and let her sight roam at the faces of her students. “First of all, I would like to greet you a happy Monday!” the class smiled, and then she clapped, “And second, we have a new student!”

 

I blinked and looked at Mrs. Lee waving her hand at the door. I can hear my classmates murmuring on their seats. She signaled the student to come in.

 

My eyes widened when recognition hit me. I knew this guy. And I call him creepy.

 

I noticed my girl classmates minimally squealing on their seats when the boy got inside and stood beside Mrs. Lee. He was so tall that Mrs. Lee’s height only reached his shoulder length.

 

“Everyone this is Wu Yifan. He was a transferee from Seoul.” Mrs. Lee tapped his shoulder, this time, the squeals got louder. The teacher laughed, “Handsome, right?”

 

“Neh!” my classmates responded. Pfft, as if. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

 

Yifan bowed his head and introduced himself. “Annyeong haseyo, Wu Yifan imnida.”

 

“Oh well, Yifan. Welcome to the class. You’ll be taking the seat…” Mrs. Lee looked at her class list and then pointed, “Behind Mr. Xi.”

 

I gasped and then looked at Luhan’s back. Oh no, he’s going to take the empty chair on my left side.

 

Yifan nodded his head and then walked his way to the seat. I kept a straight face and lean my cheek on my hand, lightly covering my face.

 

Creepy, creepy, creepy. I can already feel my hairs standing up.

 

When I felt him sitting down, I saw Luhan turned around and extends his hand to Yifan. “Hi, I’m Luhan. Nice meeting you, Yifan.”

 

The creepy guy nodded his head and shakes hand with him. “Hi, Luhan.”

 

“I can be your buddy. If there’s anything you would like to ask about this school, don’t hesitate to do so,” and then he smiled.

 

Yifan slowly nodded his head. “Neh, thanks.”

 

The pretty boy grinned. Luhan then faced front and sat properly. Mrs. Lee then started her lesson.

 

Oh my god, what shall I do? I didn’t know eomma enrolled him in this school. I didn’t know he’s attending the same class with me.

 

How do I approach him? How would you approach the person who just started living with you and then suddenly became your classmate? Awk-ward.

 

I bit my lip and slowly put down my hand from covering my face. I blindly glanced at him, and would look away when he would turn at my direction.

 

“Open your books at page 12, chapter two.” Mrs. Lee announced. Everyone pulled out there English books and went to the page. “Oh, Mr. Wu, you don’t have your books yet. Ms. Chung?”

 

I lightly jumped off my seat when I heard Mrs. Lee calling my surname. “N-Neh?”

 

“Share your books with Yifan.” When Mrs. Lee told me that, I noticed some girls whining at my direction. I can sense they would want to exchange positions with me. Could that be possible? Oooh, I would not hesitate to do so.

 

I sighed and then turned at Yifan. The guy lightly drags his chair closer to me and when he looked up, he was bewildered to see me.

 

“Jaein?” he asked in whispers.

 

I pursed my lips and nervously said, “H-hi, Yifan.”