vi. Scared of Thunder and Lightning

Thirteen - 13

 

                Kevin asked,” I wonder what would’ve happened if Ailee didn’t say yes.”

                Sam answered nearly instantly,” Then we wouldn’t be these weird killers who like to kill for fun and money.”

                Simon started laughing at Sam’s description,” Don’t make it sound like that. I like our life now. I’m glad Ailee made that decision.”

                Darryl shrugged,” I like life now. It’s nice and actually very comfortable.”

                Tyler laughed,” I guess we’re all just used to this type of lifestyle already. We’ve been training since that house exploded, and killing since five years ago. We’re like Mr. Lim’s best weapons already.”

                Devin said,” I wonder who Mr. Lim’s other weapons are. It feels like we’re his best since he sends us out on so many of these killing hunts. I think he only has a group of forty-five other killers other than us. I mean, he’s got to keep his business running steadily.”

                Jay scowled,” You make us sound like objects Devin. We ain’t no objects so don’t you dare try to compare me to one.”

                Ailee snickered,” You don’t sound cool Jay. It’s not working.”

                The family of thirteen laughed in sync, annoying the rest of the customers in the store.

 

                Ailee and the rest of her brothers walked back to their house in Seoul, South Korea. They migrated here because Mr. Lim had asked them to stay here for the time being. They weren’t sure as to why they were here in the first place, but Mr. Lim always had a reason for everything. Sometimes, he even split up the thirteen of them into different places. They trudged up the steps and opened the building apartment. An interesting sight greeted them, Mr. Lim sitting with another old man. Ailee warily bowed carefully, with her brothers following in suit. Mr. Lim smiled at them,” Welcome back children, this is Mr. Han. He will be taking half of you to China to the other branch.”

                Aaron muttered quietly about he hated being separated but didn’t say it any louder for the two old men to hear. Mr. Lim called out,” I want Daniel, Simon, Kevin, Sam, Ryan, and Nicholas to leave to China. The rest of you will stay.”

                Mr. Han smiled warmly at them,” Welcome children, to my branch. You will meet some of Lim’s other children.”

                Daniel bowed respectfully, being the oldest out of the six leaving. The younger ones followed Daniel in bowing. Mr. Han nodded his head, satisfied with the way they were acting,” Don’t worry, you all will become a team again. You’ll probably be back in about 6 months or so, or a little less than a year. We won’t separate you for too long.”

                The children nodded and began to go pack their bags. Mr. Lim walked up to the children staying,” You seven have an assignment today. I want Ailee and Tyler to track this man down.”

                Mr. Lim held up a photo,” His name is Kim Ilshik. It should be easy to find him. He’s not someone with a lot of bodyguards, but he knows he’s being targeted. Be careful. I want Ailee and Tyler on the scene to kill him, Darryl and Devin to provide backup. He won’t be easy. I’ll give you each all $4,000 for this assignment.”

                The four muttered an agreement, happy to get $1,000 more than the usual. Mr. Lim turned to Kris, Jay, and Aaron,” Now I want you three to do something else.”

                He held up another picture on his phone,” Choi Yonghae. He’s a corrupt man who owns a trafficking company. It’s illegal and I want you guys to take him down. I want you three to track him down; I don’t care who the backup is or who’s on the scene. I’ll give you each $5,000 for this job done because it’s more senior.”

                Kris nodded and Jay and Aaron followed him out the door. Mr. Lim glanced at Mr. Han,” I’ll show you how my senior boys do, and how the juniors work. They’ll be done before the airplane flight. The younger ones work slower, so please train them to be like their seniors please.”

                Mr. Han bowed respectfully to Mr. Lim. Ailee asked,” Mr. Lim, is Mr. Han under you or something?”

                Mr. Lim nodded with a smile,” Yes and no. He and I are partners. I control the branches around the world, while Mr. Han controls the main branch in China, where most of the fighting really happens. Thirty other of my children live in China. The fifteen others are spread out. I’m sending six of your team because the branch in China needs help. I can afford to break up your team, but there are only three of my children in America. It’s not possible to break them up.”

                Ailee nodded in understanding, and then flicked her wrist for her group to follow. Devin laughed,” You act like you’re older than me Ailee.”

                She laughed as they went to go hunt down Kim Ilshik.

 

                She quietly muttered to Tyler,” Is this where he is?”

                Tyler nodded back at her, and then gestured to the top of a building. Ailee could faintly see the two snipers pointing from above the roof. It was hard to see, and she could only notice it because she knew they were there. Darryl and Devin were ready, and Tyler nudged her. He gave her a look with his eyes, let’s get this done. She nodded back in response, and crept out quietly from the shadows. She crawled towards one of the doors of the building. Ailee glanced in quietly, and then gestured for Tyler to follow.

                The two crawled around the building, looking for empty spots to enter in. They were in luck when they found out that one of the doors was still left open. Ailee let Tyler creep in first, and then Ailee hid in the shadows while Tyler studied the building. He came back when he found something, and they walked towards one of the secret hallways. A murmur could be heard behind the door,” I HATE THIS PLACE! I hate that stupid man, Kim Ilshik. He threatened to kill my family if I didn’t work for him.”

                Ailee turned to Tyler and muttered softly,” We going in? Where’s Ilshik?”

                Tyler pointed at the doorknob,” It’s locked, I think we should wait.”

                The two turned when they heard footsteps entering the building. Ailee gestured to Tyler to hide behind the staircase and she would take the shadows. Ailee was best at hiding in the shadows, as she was dressed in full black. Footsteps could be heard echoing through the shadows. Kim Ilshik turned around to check if anyone was there, and then grinned to himself. He sang,” I’m gonna be rich. I am gonna be rich!”

                He fumbled for a key and took one out. He opened the door to the room he used to keep slaves. A few body guards stumbled into the building after a few seconds. Kim Ilshik gestured for them to hurry and they ran over to him. Kim Ilshik grinned,” We’re gonna be rich boys.”

                The body guards smiled in satisfaction. Ilshik turned the doorknob and complaints from the slaves could be heard. The body guards entered with Ilshik, but forgot to close the door. Ailee came out from the shadows and gestured for Tyler. He nodded and slipped into the room with Ailee. Ailee coughed loud and clear. Rows and rows of cages were lined up against the walls with people, slaves, locked in them. Ilshik spun around, surprised. His eyes widened and then he scowled,” How did you get in here?”

                Ailee said innocently,” Me and my boyfriend were going to get ice cream, but then we followed you here because we were curious. What is this?”

                She clung onto Tyler’s arm as Tyler played along,” We were just curious, what is this place anyways? It looks interesting.”

                Ilshik raised an eyebrow, but then said something to his bodyguards. His bodyguards nodded and smirked. Ilshik said,” You can come join us if you want?”

                Ailee tilted her head,” Join you in what?”

                Ilshik gave her a maniac like smile. The guards advanced forward and Ailee pretended to look scared. The bodyguard raised an arm to knock her out, but Ailee quickly pulled out her knife from pocket and stabbed the man while stepping to the side. She ended up with her back facing Ilshik, and two dead bodyguards in front of her. Tyler had killed the other one. Ailee spun around slowly, and she stared at Ilshik,” You’re Ilshik, aren’t you?”

                Tyler smirked,” We’ve heard about you.”

                Ilshik was scared, it was evident on his face, he asked,” Who are you guys?”

                Ailee and Tyler smiled devilishly,” We’re Lightning and Thunder, ever heard of us?”

                Ilshik stumbled into a corner,” Those killers? WHO SENT YOU?”

                The older man was now hyperventilating. Ailee smiled,” Lightning never gets ordered around. I came here on my own will.”

                Tyler added,” Lightning and Thunder strike on its own. It’s something you can’t stop.”

                Ailee then threw a powerful kick into Ilshik’s side. A loud sickening crack could be heard. Tyler, who was Thunder, then grinned as he picked up a bat lying on the side. He slammed the bat into Ilshik’s head and waited for the blood to gush out. Ailee rolled her eyes,” I’m bored now Thunder. Let’s go.”

                Tyler nodded, and then gestured for Ailee’s knife. She threw it to him and he bent down and stabbed the old man. He handed it back to her and then glanced at the cages. She hissed at every cage,” Don’t speak of this day ever again. Leave and forget about what happened.”

                The cages were opened and the slaves fled from the scene of the crime. She shrugged,” Judging by the location of this stupid building, no one will find them until years later.”

                Tyler nodded, and they left.

 

                Aaron threw his head back in laughter when he heard Tyler and Ailee’s story,” You guys really told him you were Thunder and Lightning? That’s a bunch of bull right there.”

                Ailee smiled,” We didn’t know what to say. But Thunder and Lightning is pretty cool.”

                Tyler ruffled Ailee’s hair,” I know right, Aaron doesn’t know what’s cool and what’s not.”

                The two snickered as Aaron sent them a glare. Kris walked over with an eyebrow raised,” Are you guys bullying Aaron?”

                Ailee shook her head innocently,” No we’re not! By the way, I heard that Darryl and Devin fell asleep while they were waiting for us, jerks.”

                Devin sat down next to Ailee,” It was boring. It took you guys over ten minutes to kill him. Couldn’t you have just ended it faster?”

                Darryl nodded in agreement,” Yeah! You guys took too long.”

                Tyler snorted,” It was only fifteen minutes.”

                Jay came into the room,” Fifteen minutes is a long time. But at least you’re faster than the younger kids.”

                Ailee rolled her eyes,” I could’ve killed him in a shorter time. But I got bored!”

                Aaron shook his head,” Lies. I only hear lies.”

                The seven remaining children laughed as Ailee punched Aaron’s arm.