iv. Hello

Thirteen - 13

 

                Min Yoon rushed to Jerald after class was over. It was break, and Jerald was still shocked over the fact that there was an Ailee Lee in his class. Thinking back about Ailee’s appearance, the two did look pretty much alike. Min Yoon quietly frowned,” Jerald… Are you going to leave me because you’ve found Ailee?”

                Jerald immediately turned his head to Min Yoon,” Of course not! I’m just shocked, but there’s more than one Ailee Lee in the world. And I know the Ailee I know would probably recognize me right away. I won’t Min Yoon, I promise.”

                The couple smiled at each other, and walked to the cafeteria to get some brunch. The couple sat down at their usual table with the rest of their friends. The group got to the topic of the new transfer students. Youngsaeng whispered,” I am so scared of those new transfer students. They look like they’re about to murder me!”

                Yongsae joined in,” I heard there’s thirteen new transfer students! And they all look pretty damn scary.”

                Yijin frowned,” There’s a girl in those thirteen though, right? I heard she’s really pretty but she’s scary so I wouldn’t want to chat her up. She’d probably kill me right away or something.”

                Taeyeol snickered,” I’ve already talked to seven out of thirteen of them. They usually ignore me but at least I’m the only person they know in this school, right? At least they won’t scare me!”

                Jaejun pointed his head over to a table in the corner,” Looks like they know each other though. So they probably don’t even care about you.”

                Jerald glanced over to see twelve boys and Ailee sitting in the corner. It seemed like the other students were gossiping about the thirteen new students as well. Taeyeol became pale and then he got up,” Follow me. I’m going to talk to them.”

                Taeyeol began to walk towards the new transfer students. Jerald, being curious, walked with Taeyeol to the transfer students. He felt Min Yoon walk with him, and Yijin. They neared the table and thirteen heads looked up at them. Taeyeol sent the thirteen a smile,” Do you guys want to be friends? Or you can sit at our table if you like?”

                One of the thirteen new students spoke up darkly,” No and no. Go away.”

                Taeyeol looked taken aback, and Yijin hissed,” Why don’t you just leave? This is our school, we own this school. How dare you talk back to your senior?”

                An older looking transfer student stood up with a glare,” My senior? I’m pretty sure you are supposed to respect us. I’m a senior here; you’re my junior right now. Are you disrespecting your senior right now?”

                Jerald gulped, and then spoke up with a cold tone,” Just go back to where you came from. No one wants you here.”

                Aaron Kwak from his homeroom stood up and stood face to face with Jerald,” You wanna say that again?”

                Jerald hissed once more,” No one wants you here.”

                Girls began to scream in the cafeteria when Aaron punched Jerald in the face. The other twelve transfer students just watched as Aaron and Jerald fought. Yijin and Taeyeol tried to break the two apart, and Min Yoon was screaming her head off. Yijin and Taeyeol began to join the fight and punched Aaron in the face. The atmosphere began to darken even more when two of the transfer students also stood up. In a matter of a few seconds, Yijin and Taeyeol were knocked out. Jerald’s eyes widened as the three transfers glared at him. Several teachers ran into the cafeteria to break the fight up. But then they slowly backed up when they saw the transfer students glaring at them, drilling holes in their heads.

                Jerald got up carefully and ran out with Min Yoon following him close by.